Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby QuailMan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Looking at the BYU football roster and they have at last 10 Samoans on the team. Also I remember reading an article about how Samoans have the best NFL player/population ratio. It made sense to me that BYU would have Samoans because a lot were Morman, so I looked up the demographics of Samoa and there are actually more Catholics than Mormons (19.6% vs 12.7%).

Notre Dame had Teo and another Samoan. This could solve our big defensive line problems.
QuailMan
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm
Karma: 17

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:44 pm

QuailMan wrote:Looking at the BYU football roster and they have at last 10 Samoans on the team. Also I remember reading an article about how Samoans have the best NFL player/population ratio. It made sense to me that BYU would have Samoans because a lot were Morman, so I looked up the demographics of Samoa and there are actually more Catholics than Mormons (19.6% vs 12.7%).

Notre Dame had Teo and another Samoan. This could solve our big defensive line problems.


i think because of geography mostly. maybe weather too
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14311
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1728

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby QuailMan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
QuailMan wrote:Looking at the BYU football roster and they have at last 10 Samoans on the team. Also I remember reading an article about how Samoans have the best NFL player/population ratio. It made sense to me that BYU would have Samoans because a lot were Morman, so I looked up the demographics of Samoa and there are actually more Catholics than Mormons (19.6% vs 12.7%).

Notre Dame had Teo and another Samoan. This could solve our big defensive line problems.


i think because of geography mostly. maybe weather too


I'm not talking about literally Samoa. Most of these kids are from cali/hawaii. We've gotten cali kids before. Provo UT actually averages more snow than Boston
QuailMan
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm
Karma: 17

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby HustlinOwl on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:05 pm

I doubt the marijuana supply in the NE is sufficient enough.
Shaven, not furred.
User avatar
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: At Work
Karma: 608

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:58 pm

That fat kid whose fat father cut everyone in the bus line at the Army game probably told other fat dudes to avoid BC. So that means no Samoans.
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:19 pm

They refer to them as Caramel Delites.
User avatar
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm
Karma: 363

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby QuailMan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Less goldilock more lucious locks
Image
QuailMan
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm
Karma: 17

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:20 pm

we are uptight catholics and those kids never cut their damned hair.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4307
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 118

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Aren't many of the Samoans LDS? Hence BYU?
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 167

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby QuailMan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:57 pm

EagleNYC wrote:Aren't many of the Samoans LDS? Hence BYU?

Did you even read the information I posted?
QuailMan
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm
Karma: 17

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm

QuailMan wrote:
EagleNYC wrote:Aren't many of the Samoans LDS? Hence BYU?

Did you even read the information I posted?


I did, I just figured that LDS has been "recruiting" much more heavily for far longer, so why bother.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 167

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby QuailMan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:01 pm

EagleNYC wrote:
QuailMan wrote:
EagleNYC wrote:Aren't many of the Samoans LDS? Hence BYU?

Did you even read the information I posted?


I did, I just figured that LDS has been "recruiting" much more heavily for far longer, so why bother.

They are good at football and more are catholic
QuailMan
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm
Karma: 17

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Other people may have different opinions -- and they are due respect -- but the poi in Chestnut Hill is for shit. That's why.
In?
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 220

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby BCdee on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:46 pm

We don't need them. We have the Jumbo Elliott pipeline.
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 986

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:49 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:Other people may have different opinions -- and they are due respect -- but the poi in Chestnut Hill is for shit. That's why.


Poi anywhere is shit. The hotel shuttle bus driver warned me of this upon arrival in Honolulu but I didn't listen. He was right.
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15040
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2943

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:13 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
JesuitIvy wrote:Other people may have different opinions -- and they are due respect -- but the poi in Chestnut Hill is for shit. That's why.


Poi anywhere is shit. The hotel shuttle bus driver warned me of this upon arrival in Honolulu but I didn't listen. He was right.


I pretended to like it once on the big island. Then I used the rest of my meal to glue all my construction paper projects together.
In?
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 220

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:28 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
JesuitIvy wrote:Other people may have different opinions -- and they are due respect -- but the poi in Chestnut Hill is for shit. That's why.


Poi anywhere is shit. The hotel shuttle bus driver warned me of this upon arrival in Honolulu but I didn't listen. He was right.


I pretended to like it once on the big island. Then I used the rest of my meal to glue all my construction paper projects together.


Samoans read this board!
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby apbc12 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:35 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
JesuitIvy wrote:Other people may have different opinions -- and they are due respect -- but the poi in Chestnut Hill is for shit. That's why.


Poi anywhere is shit. The hotel shuttle bus driver warned me of this upon arrival in Honolulu but I didn't listen. He was right.


I pretended to like it once on the big island. Then I used the rest of my meal to glue all my construction paper projects together.

Why are you doing all these construction paper projects? Are you Billy Madison?
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby mod6A on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:34 pm

its a solid cookie.


:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
User avatar
mod6A
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 439

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby Casey on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:45 pm

QuailMan wrote:Looking at the BYU football roster and they have at last 10 Samoans on the team. Also I remember reading an article about how Samoans have the best NFL player/population ratio. It made sense to me that BYU would have Samoans because a lot were Morman, so I looked up the demographics of Samoa and there are actually more Catholics than Mormons (19.6% vs 12.7%).

Notre Dame had Teo and another Samoan. This could solve our big defensive line problems.



BYU has a campus in Hawaii, I'm sure that provides connections.
Casey
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:27 pm
Karma: 67

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:47 am

Too much competition for Samoans. Let's get a Maori pipeline going.
User avatar
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am
Karma: 2995

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:10 am

Lofa Tatuppu wanted to go to BC but ended up at U Maine.

Poor kid, wanted to go to Xaverian but ended up a King Philip.

Watned to go to BC but ended up a Maine.

He was good enough at Maine that he then transferred to USC. It appears that something magical happened (cough, cough, enhancements, Brian Cushing) that turned him into a great football player but then his career ended with a torn pecotoral (cough, cough, roids).
User avatar
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Marblehood, Marblehood...always up to no good
Karma: 184

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm

DrJackRyan wrote:Lofa Tatuppu wanted to go to BC but ended up at U Maine.

Poor kid, wanted to go to Xaverian but ended up a King Philip.

Watned to go to BC but ended up a Maine.

He was good enough at Maine that he then transferred to USC. It appears that something magical happened (cough, cough, enhancements, Brian Cushing) that turned him into a great football player but then his career ended with a torn pecotoral (cough, cough, roids).


I take it you attended Xaverian?
I honestly have no idea… HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18145
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -1500

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:59 pm

hansen wrote:
DrJackRyan wrote:Lofa Tatuppu wanted to go to BC but ended up at U Maine.

Poor kid, wanted to go to Xaverian but ended up a King Philip.

Watned to go to BC but ended up a Maine.

He was good enough at Maine that he then transferred to USC. It appears that something magical happened (cough, cough, enhancements, Brian Cushing) that turned him into a great football player but then his career ended with a torn pecotoral (cough, cough, roids).


I take it you attended Xaverian?


Yep. HawkPride!
User avatar
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Marblehood, Marblehood...always up to no good
Karma: 184

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:19 pm

apbc12 wrote:
JesuitIvy wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
JesuitIvy wrote:Other people may have different opinions -- and they are due respect -- but the poi in Chestnut Hill is for shit. That's why.


Poi anywhere is shit. The hotel shuttle bus driver warned me of this upon arrival in Honolulu but I didn't listen. He was right.


I pretended to like it once on the big island. Then I used the rest of my meal to glue all my construction paper projects together.

Why are you doing all these construction paper projects? Are you Billy Madison?


It is a paper mache retractable dome I'm going to present to Brad Bates. ********* is hiding inside of it and will pop out (once the dome retract, of course)
In?
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 220

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby QuailMan on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 pm

It looks like notre dame has another Samoan recruit this year.Tatuppu could've started the great Samoan wave to BC
QuailMan
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm
Karma: 17

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Casey wrote:
QuailMan wrote:Looking at the BYU football roster and they have at last 10 Samoans on the team. Also I remember reading an article about how Samoans have the best NFL player/population ratio. It made sense to me that BYU would have Samoans because a lot were Morman, so I looked up the demographics of Samoa and there are actually more Catholics than Mormons (19.6% vs 12.7%).

Notre Dame had Teo and another Samoan. This could solve our big defensive line problems.



BYU has a campus in Hawaii, I'm sure that provides connections.



With Hawaiins or Somoans? Is there a difference?
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9290
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 192

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
Casey wrote:
QuailMan wrote:Looking at the BYU football roster and they have at last 10 Samoans on the team. Also I remember reading an article about how Samoans have the best NFL player/population ratio. It made sense to me that BYU would have Samoans because a lot were Morman, so I looked up the demographics of Samoa and there are actually more Catholics than Mormons (19.6% vs 12.7%).

Notre Dame had Teo and another Samoan. This could solve our big defensive line problems.



BYU has a campus in Hawaii, I'm sure that provides connections.



With Hawaiins or Somoans? Is there a difference?


I hear they are both equally lazy so my guess is no.
I honestly have no idea… HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18145
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -1500

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Onyx Blackman wrote:Too much competition for Samoans. Let's get a Maori pipeline going.


Maori are too picked over by NZ rugby clubs. What we need is a recruiter who will penetrate into the interior of Papau New Guinea - it would be awesome to field a defense full of cannibals.
User avatar
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3853
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:20 pm
Karma: 2266

Re: Why doesn't BC recruit Samoans?

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm

TontoKowalski wrote:
Onyx Blackman wrote:Too much competition for Samoans. Let's get a Maori pipeline going.


Maori are too picked over by NZ rugby clubs. What we need is a recruiter who will penetrate into the interior of Papau New Guinea - it would be awesome to field a defense full of cannibals.



I was thinking the Island of Fiji. Imagine our LBs coming at you like the Superfly off the top turnbuckle!
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9290
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 192

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Untitled document