Marty

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Marty

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:55 pm

hansen wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:BC really doesn't like to settle. They usually payout well at termination to avoid future suits. I don't know if Foley deserved to be fired, but the player complaints is a winning hand for BC.

How would she deserve to be fired? At the time, she was the winningest coach at BC not named Jerry York. She exceeded all her performance goals and the player complaints were minimal.

MJ encouraging Kayla Jennings to illegally record a conversation with Foley is a special kind of stupid. Good riddance to that incompetent fuckhead. Never seen a guy get more credit for doing absolutely nothing than that guy.

She was let go in June 2018 but the suit was filed in November 2020. In between that, she was not hired as a coach, despite apparently being one of the best women's soccer coaches in the country, and started her own consulting business in the midst of a global pandemic. Were it not for BC fans' bizarre obsession with ending Martin Jarmond's career, we would all see this for the bald money grab that it is.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:BC really doesn't like to settle. They usually payout well at termination to avoid future suits. I don't know if Foley deserved to be fired, but the player complaints is a winning hand for BC.

How would she deserve to be fired? At the time, she was the winningest coach at BC not named Jerry York. She exceeded all her performance goals and the player complaints were minimal.

MJ encouraging Kayla Jennings to illegally record a conversation with Foley is a special kind of stupid. Good riddance to that incompetent fuckhead. Never seen a guy get more credit for doing absolutely nothing than that guy.

She was let go in June 2018 but the suit was filed in November 2020. In between that, she was not hired as a coach, despite apparently being one of the best women's soccer coaches in the country, and started her own consulting business in the midst of a global pandemic. Were it not for BC fans' bizarre obsession with ending Martin Jarmond's career, we would all see this for the bald money grab that it is.

Getting hired during the pandemic when many teams were not even playing would probably have been difficult.

It seems to me that Jarmond and Trainor did her dirty but I think it's too early to know for sure although the illegal recording is not a great look for BC. :clown hoes but yeah, anyone that thinks Jarmond will be decimated by this is definitely dreaming.
I honestly have no idea… HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Foley’s lawsuit alleges that the University broke the first and fourth clause of Massachusetts General Laws, Title XXI, Chapter 151B, Section 4

This could be the most awkward description of a 151B claim in history.

EDIT for the record, what they meant to say was gender discrimination and retaliation.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 am

hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:

Getting hired during the pandemic when many teams were not even playing would probably have been difficult.

It seems to me that Jarmond and Trainor did her dirty but I think it's too early to know for sure although the illegal recording is not a great look for BC. :clown hoes but yeah, anyone that thinks Jarmond will be decimated by this is definitely dreaming.

Getting hired during a pandemic when teams weren’t even playing certainly would have been difficult, which is why I’m particularly interested in the other 19 months between June 2018 and March 2020 when one of the most successful women’s collegiate soccer coaches wasn’t touched by another program.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:54 am

Jarmond is black and the lady soccer coach is a white woman. Jarmond is higher on the victim hierarchy, so the lawsuit will fail. The lady soccer coach needed to find a white guy to be the oppressor in her lawsuit - would have greatly increased her chances.
Proud member of the War Room Posse: "The Brain Trust of the MAGA Movement"
EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP-BUILD THE WALL-GOD IN SCHOOLS-REMEMBER BENGHAZI-#NOBAMA-WIN THE WAR ON XMAS!
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:33 am

BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:

Getting hired during a pandemic when teams weren’t even playing certainly would have been difficult, which is why I’m particularly interested in the other 19 months between June 2018 and March 2020 when one of the most successful women’s collegiate soccer coaches wasn’t touched by another program.

well obviously a lot of that time period is apple picking session, durrrrrr

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:42 am

hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:

or you could admit that it's not unreasonable to wonder why she couldn't get hired from june 2018 - march 2020 - especially since that timeframe has to include at least one coaching carousel season for nag hoops. it's not a good fact for foley.

in my mind, they both are assholes - but this whole fiasco just sort of raises the asshole bar for each one of them and will likely not end will for either one of them. the school will not really suffer because it's reputation is already pretty much shit when it comes to athletics
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:

or you could admit that it's not unreasonable to wonder why she couldn't get hired from june 2018 - march 2020 - especially since that timeframe has to include at least one coaching carousel season for nag hoops. it's not a good fact for foley.

in my mind, they both are assholes - but this whole fiasco just sort of raises the asshole bar for each one of them and will likely not end will for either one of them. the school will not really suffer because it's reputation is already pretty much shit when it comes to athletics

Maybe she wasn't looking for a job? I don't know her age but I do know she's old enough to be the coach when I was there and I graduated in 2000 and I don't remember her being young then either

I honestly have no idea..

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:50 pm

hansen wrote:I honestly have no idea..

Could you add this as a signature so it appears on each of your posts? kthxbye
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm

HJS wrote:
hansen wrote:I honestly have no idea..

Could you add this as a signature so it appears on each of your posts? kthxbye

I think I could do that

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:44 pm

hansen wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
hansen wrote:

Maybe she wasn't looking for a job? I don't know her age but I do know she's old enough to be the coach when I was there and I graduated in 2000 and I don't remember her being young then either

I honestly have no idea..

boston.com ran with it this afternoon: https://www.boston.com/sports/sports/20 ... _secondary
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:17 am

Not salacious enough to merit Bob Hoehler.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:06 pm

I really don’t care who wins here. Trainor is a notorious scumbag and Marty, well, let’s just say you don’t get where Marty has gotten at a relatively young age without being a sleazebag. As for the coach, I am sure she was a pain in the ass.

With that said, the fact that she wasn’t hired by someone else is shitty evidence that she was the problem. Given the taped phone call, which looks like a big set up, would it surprise any of you if BC shit all over her to whoever would listen? The good thing about law suits is that we are going to find out a lot during discovery—lots of emails to our through, etc.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Meh. No one gives a crap about nags soccer… least among them Marty. He’s not going to spend any energy orchestrating the termination of a successful coach. Because, even if his hire wins multiple national championships, no one will care.

I’m willing to bet that the players came en masse to complain about “abusive” tactics and Marty was like “for fucks sake… the last thing I need is some sort of Mike Rice situation in a sport no one cares we play.” He then handed it over to HR and said “do whatever you want.”
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:53 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium