Missouri week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Missouri week

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:51 am

claver2010 wrote:hafley's response:
"If he really didn’t want to come to Boston, he should have called me up & asked me, and I would have gotten on a plane and flew out to Missouri to play."

https://twitter.com/andybackstrom/statu ... 7854848019


Insulting your opponent a few days before the game feels like poor strategy to me.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17036
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -300

Re: Missouri week

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:58 am

i view it more of insulting the fan base - which deserves it. and is also reason halfly is willing to go anywhere to play. the away fans have to be better than aluminum bleachers (yukon and maryland, excepted, of course)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 22460
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 6046

Re: Missouri week

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:23 pm

claver2010 wrote:hafley's response:
"If he really didn’t want to come to Boston, he should have called me up & asked me, and I would have gotten on a plane and flew out to Missouri to play."

https://twitter.com/andybackstrom/statu ... 7854848019


I am wondering, wondering if after the game Drinkwitz would let the BC team float around in Mizzou's lazy river?

Actually the "Show Me" state has been very kind to Boston sports teams over the decades. Bruins ended a dreadful 1960s decade won a Stanley Cup at the expense of the state of Missouri in 1970. Patriots won two Superbowls (including their first) at the expense of the state of Missouri. And the Boston Red Sox ended the Curse of the Bambino at the expense of the state of Missouri.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19885
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -846

Re: Missouri week

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Tuesday's media session







I honestly have no idea… HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17962
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -1346

Re: Missouri week

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:25 pm

Hafleys reaction to the Missouri coach can be found below along with his recommendation for Missouri fans to go apple picking this weekend

I honestly have no idea… HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17962
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -1346

Re: Missouri week

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:25 pm

He's so cool you almost think he's read thru this board when he discusses apple picking
In.
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 225

Re: Missouri week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 pm

DuchesneEast wrote:
EagleNYC wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
    BC ranked 34 & 38
    First SEC team at Alumni since Tennessee in the late 80s
    Parents Family Weekend
    Missouri a 2 point favorite
    This game never should have been scheduled


Curious why this game shouldn't be scheduled. Prefer UMASS Lowell?


I would rather play Alabama.


I think this is exactly the OOC game BC should be playing. A respected member of a P5 conference. This isn’t Kansas, which was a no win situation (sadly, quite literally) for BC. They are low tier SEC for sure, but there is value in this game, plus in the broader scheme of the OOC schedule something has to counterbalance playing 3 cupcakes.


Agree with this. This is a game that you credit for winning but not bashed for losing. Should be a nice day and good for recruits if we win. If we had Jurk we are favored.


I disagree. I see Missouri as no better or worse than Purdue and Kansas. Big yawn if we win, and a "BC lost to them!" if we lose. The fact that this game has created zero local buzz is evidence of this. I bet most people don't if know that they are in the SEC.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9199
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 189

Re: Missouri week

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:50 pm

Is this an ACC officiating crew on Saturday?
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm
Karma: 16

Re: Missouri week

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:50 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:Is this an ACC officiating crew on Saturday?


The road team brings the refs. SEC crew.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 658

Re: Missouri week

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:30 am

JesuitIvy wrote:He's so cool you almost think he's read thru this board when he discusses apple picking

He will go far. He has the same tone of fake sincerity, willingness to kiss up, and optimism as Jim Rome. If you like that sort of BS. Sounds just like Rome.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Pac 10 Hell
Karma: -71

Re: Missouri week

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:48 am

Eaglekeeper wrote:Mizzou is not a good team, very weak on both lines, struggled with CMU who lost 49-7 to LSU, lost to KU 35-28. KU struggled with Chattanooga!

BC 34
Mizzou 13

Go Eagles!


They have good running back who ran all over Kentucky. I think we’ve seen this movie before.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 199

Re: Missouri week

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 pm

ATLeagle wrote:
OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:Is this an ACC officiating crew on Saturday?


The road team brings the refs. SEC crew.


This offsets the perceived bias with real bias.
User avatar
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2765
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm
Karma: 358

Re: Missouri week

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:29 pm

RegalBCeagle wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:Is this an ACC officiating crew on Saturday?


The road team brings the refs. SEC crew.


This offsets the perceived bias with real bias.

has this always been true? i only ask because we got worked by the refs in lawrence and west lafayette
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 22460
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 6046

Re: Missouri week

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
RegalBCeagle wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:Is this an ACC officiating crew on Saturday?


The road team brings the refs. SEC crew.


This offsets the perceived bias with real bias.

has this always been true? i only ask because we got worked by the refs in lawrence and west lafayette


That's an interesting way of saying "Mike Palmer missed tackles" and "Anthony Brown pick sixes"
Proud member of the War Room Posse: "The Brain Trust of the MAGA Movement"
Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP--BUILD THE WALL--WIN THE WAR ON XMAS!
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3187
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -134

Re: Missouri week

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:23 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
RegalBCeagle wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:Is this an ACC officiating crew on Saturday?


The road team brings the refs. SEC crew.


This offsets the perceived bias with real bias.

has this always been true? i only ask because we got worked by the refs in lawrence and west lafayette



Since we've been in a conference. I don't know what we did as an independent.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 658

Re: Missouri week

Postby EagleNYC on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:56 am

I’m hopeful that our vanilla D (which was neither tested nor dented aside from the second half against UMass) implements a lot of wrinkles this week. We need to win the turnover battle because I don’t see us holding them under 24 points.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 167

Re: Missouri week

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 am

EagleNYC wrote:I’m hopeful that our vanilla D (which was neither tested nor dented aside from the second half against UMass) implements a lot of wrinkles this week. We need to win the turnover battle because I don’t see us holding them under 24 points.


I don't see BC holding Mizzou under 28 points. And Mizzou scoring 35 might very well be within the realm of possibility. BC could still win but the O-Line really has to assert its dominance for the ENTIRE game.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19885
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -846

Re: Missouri week

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:46 am

ATLeagle wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
RegalBCeagle wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:Is this an ACC officiating crew on Saturday?


The road team brings the refs. SEC crew.


This offsets the perceived bias with real bias.

has this always been true? i only ask because we got worked by the refs in lawrence and west lafayette



Since we've been in a conference. I don't know what we did as an independent.


Many thanks ATL and then TRE. I had thought the default was the road team brings the refs; the fact it's difficult to identify the actual crews reinforces that notion (since you can just go to default). I wasn't sure because I had thought I heard of mixed crews, but those were probably in bowl games or neutral site games and the like.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm
Karma: 16

Re: Missouri week

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:56 am

innocentbystander wrote:
EagleNYC wrote:I’m hopeful that our vanilla D (which was neither tested nor dented aside from the second half against UMass) implements a lot of wrinkles this week. We need to win the turnover battle because I don’t see us holding them under 24 points.


I don't see BC holding Mizzou under 28 points. And Mizzou scoring 35 might very well be within the realm of possibility. BC could still win but the O-Line really has to assert its dominance for the ENTIRE game.


Note the statement from Hafley this week about how he and Lukabu work through the calls and cross ones off they "won't need". I imagine that's how teams do things, but that was pretty interesting to verbalize it as a hierarchy of sorts. None of this matters much of course if Mizzou winds up blowing the doors off us. But what's helpful about this approach is that you can sprinkle a wrinkle ;) in here and there early to be sure you start off at least on even footing with Mizzou. If BC is able to somehow get ahead and take control of the game, they can be satisfied winning say 35-27 or 35-31 (b/c late Mizzou TDs) rather than running all sorts of complex schemes to achieve say a double-digit win. I don't mean to be counting any chickens before they're hatched. But iff BC were to be in control as we get into the fourth quarter, what does it matter if BC wins by 18 or by 4 on a late Mizzou TD? A win is a win, and if BC can hold things in reserve for Clemson especially when we assuredly will need our best schemes, then why not take the closer win and move on?
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm
Karma: 16

Re: Missouri week

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:07 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
EagleNYC wrote:I’m hopeful that our vanilla D (which was neither tested nor dented aside from the second half against UMass) implements a lot of wrinkles this week. We need to win the turnover battle because I don’t see us holding them under 24 points.


I don't see BC holding Mizzou under 28 points. And Mizzou scoring 35 might very well be within the realm of possibility. BC could still win but the O-Line really has to assert its dominance for the ENTIRE game.


Note the statement from Hafley this week about how he and Lukabu work through the calls and cross ones off they "won't need". I imagine that's how teams do things, but that was pretty interesting to verbalize it as a hierarchy of sorts. None of this matters much of course if Mizzou winds up blowing the doors off us. But what's helpful about this approach is that you can sprinkle a wrinkle ;) in here and there early to be sure you start off at least on even footing with Mizzou. If BC is able to somehow get ahead and take control of the game, they can be satisfied winning say 35-27 or 35-31 (b/c late Mizzou TDs) rather than running all sorts of complex schemes to achieve say a double-digit win. I don't mean to be counting any chickens before they're hatched. But iff BC were to be in control as we get into the fourth quarter, what does it matter if BC wins by 18 or by 4 on a late Mizzou TD? A win is a win, and if BC can hold things in reserve for Clemson especially when we assuredly will need our best schemes, then why not take the closer win and move on?


I just want to win by a point. I'm not greedy, a one point win will do. I don't care how they get there.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19885
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -846

Re: Missouri week

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:37 pm

Missouri is absolutely horrendous against the run. Their front seven is about as soft as you are going to see. Hopefully Grosel won't shoot us repeatedly in the dick like he did against Virginia last year. I don't know if we can stop them from scoring, but our O-Line doesn't have to be great to open holes against the bags of pudding they have playing along the DL.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 372

Re: Missouri week

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:00 pm

If their defense is porous vs the run, Grossel will have more rushing attempts than passing ones. Garwo/Sinkfield/Levy should get plenty of carries. Zay and Williams prob get a bunch of jet sweeps, too.
You what?
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -353

Re: Missouri week

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:55 pm



Drinkwitz wrote:...the great state of Massachusetts....
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19885
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -846

Re: Missouri week

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:29 pm

Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19885
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -846

Re: Missouri week

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 pm



These guys pull no punches

The only guy worth a damn on this team is the kicker
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19885
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -846

Re: Missouri week

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:40 pm

Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19885
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -846

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2001Eagle, DomingoOrtiz, Eagle1999, eepstein0, Google Adsense [Bot], hansen, LawyersGunsnMoney, Shoreagle, Supahfan99 and 26 guests

Untitled document