Stephen Donahue: 74 HAS A BIG QUESTION FOR BC FANS HERE?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Stephen Donahue: 74 HAS A BIG QUESTION FOR BC FANS HERE?

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:25 pm

HERE IS MY MAIN POINT FOR 7 YEARS...

If Talent Reigns Supreme, ergo, and Recruiting is Job 1-10--the usual mantra in College Sports---- and then as most Coaches say when they win, they have the talent ----and of course a whole row of assistants with plastic white boards that can draw up X's and O'x...and the NUMBER ONE HIRING CRITERIA IS RECRUITING AND GETTING TALENT.......and if Stephen Donahue now has serious Jobs 1-10 deficiencies----- how is he gonna start to get the talent all over America for the classes of 2011-2012 and beyond---- if that resume problem is now being bandied about as a major weakness in the press and a concern?

Is it me? I am confused?

If you can't recruit the ACC level of talent now at an Ivy League small in the middle of no where New York, and you have serious communication recruiting issues as being printed about-----and you have a high profile ACC #1 basketball Conference opening, I mean would not recruiting be the key factor, the tipping point, the trigger for bringing in talent to Boston College as the number one hiring reason for the new "plush" opening Boston College?

We are not the mostly brainy white kids at Cornell, or say a Duke very very light, so how is Stephen Donahue going to communicate not just with the All American kids who go to Duke--- BUT the biggest pool of talent, America's black kids in the hood?

Help an old senile, geriatric drunk figure this out?

You need to recruit big time ACC talent to win.......you finally rid yourself of a Lazy Elvis recruiter.....and you hire a guy from a lower level conference, --and IVY LEAGUER NO LESS---, and now you expect him to take a huge quantum leap into the brutal recruiting wars all over America, ....and NOW!!...you have serious doubts about his recruiting skills, ability and his communication and persuasion personality to bring that talent to Boston College?

Wow, I am really confused? It must be me.

GDF always knows what he is doing.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Stephen Donahue: 74 HAS A BIG QUESTION FOR BC FANS HERE?

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:58 pm

I think I have figured it out..you know how to recruit the Duke and Kentucky level kids...

Here we go...

1--Donahue gets Pearls number from Tennessee.

2--Pearl gives Steve the cell numbers of the 3 Vol Girls who are Seniors and have graduated from Tennessee and received their degrees in the advanced field of UT CTP --- Cosmetology/Tanning/Pilates and we give them Graduate School scholarships at BC in some useless major like MBA Finance.

3--The new recruiting team is given American Express Black Cards and travels first class to the Top 100 ESPN Hoops guys and throws them a triple header special and BC is up to its maroon and gold ass in Diaper Dandies!

4--BC Eagle 25 is made Freshman Basketball Manager and runs the clandestine and candlestickittome recruiting program. the kid never stops smiling since....

The kid knocks down more ass traveling than any human being alive and know how to keep him mouth shut since 74 will show him how.

5--BC wins 5 National Titles in a row.

6--2024-2025 --BC25 writes a book after becoming a Evangelist Minister after marrying 18 year old Miss Knockersville in Tennessee and writes a tell all book on how BC got all that talent.

7--The NCAA goes back 20 years and removes BC as National Champions.

8--74 wearing his Three-Peat T-Shirt, using his walker with the tennis balls in Cowtown USA says....who gives a fuck?

9--Due to our graduation rate, BC is docked 1 scholarship and no more Recruiting "Volunteers"!!

10--25 names his first kid after 74--- Little 49.

THE END.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:56 am

74 -

Who do you want to be the next basketball coach at BC? Don't say Bobby Knight.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:49 am

Chris Mack and make a play for the Butler guy Brad Stevens if you are serious?

Two perfect family guys...Stevens wife a lawyer and 2 young kids and Mack' wife a HS Coach.

BC is not serious. Never was.

If they were Mack of Xavier would had been contacted way before Bruce Pearl.

Bruce Pearl coming to BC was a longer shot than Bob Knight.

GDF's phone call as I described in one post was reality.

The newspaper account, was cover your ass GDF, cover your ass.

Ever to Wallow in mediocrity.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:14 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Trilobite---SAYS ITS COACHING NOT RECRUITING?

I think what is narrow minded is assuming that a guy can't recruit well because he did not sign, or perhaps even recruit, the kids you think he should target. If a coach looks at a player and says to himself, "this kid can really be a stud for us." Then he tries to get him but doesn't, it is a failure of recruiting. If the coach gets the kid to sign, but he isn't much of a player (hello Josh Southern) then it is failure of evaluation. Brad Stevens at Butler has the kids he recruited. Everyone of them would have signed with Michigan State if MSU had really recruited them hard. Recruiting is hugely important, evaluation is hugely important. but assuming that recruiting is the answer is minimizing effective coaching and evaluation. Tommy Amaker is a heck of a recruiter. He could probably get recruits for BC equal to or maybe even better than he had at Seton Hall and Michigan. To me, excellent recruiting in and of itself is not nearly enough. Less than half of what the job calls for. Great recruiting means very little without great evaluation and great coaching. Identifying who to recruit goes hand in hand with the ability to sell your program and school. Then when you get them on campus, and in your program coach them up. Don't try to win by "out talenting" the opponent. Win by out playing the opponent, by playing as a team, by being relentless in all aspects of the game with intensity, effort and execution.
74:

WHO AGREES WITH HIM and his post on the other thread?

I love to re-fire my posts to piss off the "so called geniuses here" many who were gung ho behind the lazy Elvis when I was calling for the barcolounger to be axed years ago?

What gives my little chicken shits?

I am leaving soon since the talent level of posts here is fading fast and embarrassing and the brains are very few.

Here is my response:

Maybe GDF will shock the world and hire a Chris Mack??

74 >> HERE IS MY RESPONSE:

Your post has so many variables that it could go anywhere?

Remember you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

1--When Ralph Sampson was the number 1 pick in College and the NBA ---and I said before the Internet was invented he had the heart and intensity of a crippled flea. Hence, Olajawon--- and my call if many remember that Greg Oden was a stiff and Durant was the smooth gazellle player..too bad you missed that humble genius and 30 NBA GM's and everyone here said...Oden the Stiff.

Josh Southern is a lazy weed smoking brat with a few others and Al Skinner could care less so that makes it a double disaster with a Lazy Evis who had a RONCO ETCH-A-TURNOVER plastic board as his guide and ws a lousy X and O coach too.

The worst of all worlds. A few shit kids smoking dopes and floor burners with no talent.

Recruiting is a crap shoot in every sport and even in the Pro Draft, but that is the way it is in every sport, so to your point, great coaches and tacticans can take 7 second level kids and beat 7 All Americans --50% of the time. Agree.

That is why you start with the best talent which reigns supreme so if you can coach some or have assistants like Roy Williams, you get titles.

2--Roy Williams has 7 All Americans = maybe 4 more next year ...and it took them a while to gel this year and they had a nice NIT run. Roy Williams is not the best X and O, but talent reigns supreme!!!

3-Tommy Amaker is a lousy Coach and where this great recruiter bullshit came about is a mystery. He has coached for 12 years and I posted his resume and he sucks at both. At least he tries. He is an affirmative action diversity REJECT!!!

So you are so wrong and get him the fuck away from BC, and thank God Harvard is extending him! He may be their only black coach after that NYT article a few years ago...LMAO!

4-Brad Stevens is a great coach and better human being and Butler has tradionally had a great program and recruits well and has solid x and O guys. If Butler upsets Duke, it will be a great, but the odds of it happening again are very, very slim since the MSU's Duke's and Kentucky's and UNC's will just out talent and outplay the Butlers, George Mason's 8 times out of 10--with athletic talent and numbers.

Here you are dead nuts 100% wrong on recruiting.

The new sports science and 100 cameras and internet evaluation has 100,000 eyes and yes some kids develop later, and kids are looked at at age 11 at camps so the errors are minimized so your post is BULLSHIT!

Getting the talent is the biggest part of the job >>> and you can hire and fire Coaches to instill intensity, drills, and teach relentlessness llike a Nolan Richardson or Bob Knight, but without talent, you are not gonna make it in any sport at any level without some sort of solid talent base.

If you had equal talent on both teams, yes a Coach like you mentioned will win 9-10 since Skinner was a timeout saving asshole, even Dean Smith was a mediocre Coach like Roy Williams, and Knight would eat him alive along with Stevens and Mack and others!

Same with Tuffy Smith, a bad Coach and then...Kentucky started losing and kids knew Smith was a horrible Coach and they finally found a solid Coach and the best recruiter in America in Calipari.

Nope your answer which I asked on the other thread is wrong. If Stephen DOnahue has trouble recruiting....then you can bring back the greatest talent evaluator on earth even dead!!---Red Auerbach who always said, ---You gotta have the horses...BC has neither.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby soulhunter on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:39 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Chris Mack and make a play for the Butler guy Brad Stevens if you are serious?

Two perfect family guys...Stevens wife a lawyer and 2 young kids and Mack' wife a HS Coach.

So you think Mack, who basically has the same history with Xavier as Pearl had with BC. Aguy who was a student at Xavier. A player, and capt for Xavier basketball. A guy who was an assistant there for a number of years, and now finally is given the reins as the head coach of his school. He is going to bail after one one year for a school he has no connection with?
soulhunter
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:48 pm

soulhunter {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Chris Mack and make a play for the Butler guy Brad Stevens if you are serious?

So you think Mack, who basically has the same history with Xavier as Pearl had with BC. Aguy who was a student at Xavier. A player, and capt for Xavier basketball. A guy who was an assistant there for a number of years, and now finally is given the reins as the head coach of his school. He is going to bail after one one year for a school he has no connection with?

I just re-fired my first pick before the process started and after I posted last Sunday that Al Skinner was in the process (Already done) of being bought out.... THIS IS HOW BIG MEN RUN BIG PROGRAMS!!!

The if Skinner Goes post...just re-fired for you!

BCEagle74 wrote:

Chris Mack..here is his bio again...I would pay him $3M and use Big Peter's and Angry Ty's tip money to juice the deal.

Since he is an Xavier Alum, first year, loyalty and all else he lives in area, wife deal, it will take at least $2.5M to $3.0M to get him.

MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE....GO FOR THE MACK TRUCK!!!! TAKE OFF THE RUBBER BAND LEAHY-HOO!

We all wanted Brian Kelly in 2009, Brain sent GDF a love note and $3M for 5 and we would have no SPAZOO CUSHION!!!

--- Caddy and I wanted Urban Meyer in 2003-2004---if you want a solid guy who can bring BC a National Title and a huge share of the NCAA Final Four $$$$$ pie----- and is one of the best College Sports JOB 1-10 guys on earth or Talent is Supreme and its RECRUITING!!!

.....then here is the guy and only huge $$$$$$ would pry this guy from Xavier and huge $$$$$ might not make a difference for this solid family man, and Xavier alum and pillar of the community...

One thing for sure...there ain't no dope smoking lazy out of shape losers on Xavier.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:10 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I think I have figured it out..you know how to recruit the Duke and Kentucky level kids...

Here we go...

1--Donahue gets Pearls number from Tennessee.

2--Pearl gives Steve the cell numbers of the 3 Vol Girls who are Seniors and have graduated from Tennessee and received their degrees in the advanced field of UT CTP --- Cosmetology/Tanning/Pilates and we give them Graduate School scholarships at BC in some useless major like MBA Finance.

3--The new recruiting team is given American Express Black Cards and travels first class to the Top 100 ESPN Hoops guys and throws them a triple header special and BC is up to its maroon and gold ass in Diaper Dandies!

4--BC Eagle 25 is made Freshman Basketball Manager and runs the clandestine and candlestickittome recruiting program. the kid never stops smiling since....

The kid knocks down more ass traveling than any human being alive and know how to keep him mouth shut since 74 will show him how.

5--BC wins 5 National Titles in a row.

6--2024-2025 --BC25 writes a book after becoming a Evangelist Minister after marrying 18 year old Miss Knockersville in Tennessee and writes a tell all book on how BC got all that talent.

7--The NCAA goes back 20 years and removes BC as National Champions.

8--74 wearing his Three-Peat T-Shirt, using his walker with the tennis balls in Cowtown USA says....who gives a fuck?

9--Due to our graduation rate, BC is docked 1 scholarship and no more Recruiting "Volunteers"!!

10--25 names his first kid after 74--- Little 49.

THE END.

I approve. :kudos on the knock about vacating wins. It's pretty gay, and almost immature that the NCAA pretty much just says "Oh yeah? You're going to break our rules? Well then LAST YEAR DIDNT HAPPEN. Abra-kadabra!" Do you think Memphis fans just forgot about their 38 wins? And do you think FSU fans give two shits about the NCAA taking random wins away from them? Nope. I think not.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Does this mean you will name your firstborn 49...like you will ever get a say....

I think I may re-enroll in September 2010, just to keep an eye on you....

I figure nothing has changed in 40 years....tuition R&B and expenses about $5.2K.....

I'll bring my 8 track tapes, bell bottoms, and tie dyed t shirts....

If my draft number gets called, I guess we are going to Nam.

We will win this one. Nixon is the MAN!!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 am

I love the weeklong discussion on the bottom feeders, the slugs, the diversity rejects, the white shadows, the bonsai tree links, and the "GDF, Find the Pearl Show!".....or the the Pearl Scam Phone call....... just curious..

WHEN DO WE INTERVIEW CHRIS MACK, BRAD STEVENS, BRIAN GREGORY --- and the BOB KNIGHT types, and the big home run hitters?

PJ Carlesimo?

Mark Few?

Mark Turgeon?

Randy Bennett?

Scott Drew?

Ah, the little Midget Mussolini....if the best we can do is Donahue...wow....simply wow...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:30 am

Yeah, he is a bona fide recruiting genius at Cornell there 9 -1 BALL.

A Senior and Junior laden team and he can't wait to leave before the slide and if you think bad Temple Team and a rebuilding Wisconsin team was qualifications and playing in the worst conference, then a Young Kentucky in a slow down Cornell type of game buried them at their own game by 17??

Cornell was good. Donahue is an ok choice, but geezz WE CNA DO BETTER!!

WE ARE BC!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:HERE IS MY MAIN POINT FOR 7 YEARS...

If Talent Reigns Supreme, ergo, and Recruiting is Job 1-10--the usual mantra in College Sports---- and then as most Coaches say when they win, they have the talent ----and of course a whole row of assistants with plastic white boards that can draw up X's and O'x...and the NUMBER ONE HIRING CRITERIA IS RECRUITING AND GETTING TALENT.......and if Stephen Donahue now has serious Jobs 1-10 deficiencies----- how is he gonna start to get the talent all over America for the classes of 2011-2012 and beyond---- if that resume problem is now being bandied about as a major weakness in the press and a concern?

Is it me? I am confused?

If you can't recruit the ACC level of talent now at an Ivy League small in the middle of no where New York, and you have serious communication recruiting issues as being printed about-----and you have a high profile ACC #1 basketball Conference opening, I mean would not recruiting be the key factor, the tipping point, the trigger for bringing in talent to Boston College as the number one hiring reason for the new "plush" opening Boston College?

We are not the mostly brainy white kids at Cornell, or say a Duke very very light, so how is Stephen Donahue going to communicate not just with the All American kids who go to Duke--- BUT the biggest pool of talent, America's black kids in the hood?

You need to recruit big time ACC talent to win.......you finally rid yourself of a Lazy Elvis recruiter.....and you hire a guy from a lower level conference, --and IVY LEAGUER NO LESS---, and now you expect him to take a huge quantum leap into the brutal recruiting wars all over America, ....and NOW!!...you have serious doubts about his recruiting skills, ability and his communication and persuasion personality to bring that talent to Boston College?

Someone translate this for me. Thanks.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:HERE IS MY MAIN POINT FOR 7 YEARS...

Is it me? I am confused?

Someone translate this for me. Thanks.

we should have gotten rid of skinner 4 years ago. even a "plush" tigger such as Hobbes would have been an improvement

Hobbes can coach as long as adults aren't watching him. Then he turns back into a stuffed animal and he becomes lazy like ALSEEP!!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:05 pm

I never said that, but OK...Stepehn Donahue is a nice choice.

We can do much much better.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4439

Get Steve a Gulfstream 550 and some Eagle Coed Volunteer Hostesses..... :o :shock: :roll:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 am

So lets see--- everybody is super happy but we want him to hire people to recruit or help?

Interesting from reading these posts....

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum