Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Is Al recruiting Nerlens Noel?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:57 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Is Al recruiting Nerlens Noel?

Yes.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:27 pm

This class would have been perfect with Heslip, Noreen, Papa and a top 50 Center. Without the center, it's a C at best. It wouldn't kill Al to go find a tall, skilled player. UVA has 4 top 150 recruits for next season, there's no reason why we can't start doing that.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:top 50 Center.

You mean like Southern?

Just kidding, I was being a dick. He was more like top-80.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:top 50 Center.

You mean like Southern?

Just kidding, I was being a dick. He was more like top-80.

I can't imagine Southern was unable to jump in high school. Just because you miss on one guy doesn't mean we should just stop recruiting big guys.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Jordin Mayes commits to Arizona. Are we done with this class and how many scholies do we have to give next year like 5 or 6?
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby bceagle2016 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm

BC just offered Tyler Harris for Class of 2011
From NY 6'7'' SG
bceagle2016
n00b

Postby bceagle2016 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Not many people will care, but the womens team has the 11th best class in the country.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiti ... id=4658000
bceagle2016
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:39 pm

bceagle2016 {l Wrote}:BC just offered Tyler Harris for Class of 2011
From NY 6'7'' SG

6'7''? WHAAAA?!?!?!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 pm

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Any news on Majok(2)?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bceagle2016 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Harvard has offered, interest from Arkansas, Bama
bceagle2016
n00b

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:56 pm

bceagle2016 {l Wrote}:Not many people will care, but the womens team has the 11th best class in the country.

I care. Thanks - that is great information and a good sign re the new head coach. I can't recall - but wasn't UConn's women's program a power well before the men's program? And do you think that success helped the men's program?
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:
bceagle2016 {l Wrote}:Not many people will care, but the womens team has the 11th best class in the country.

I care. Thanks - that is great information and a good sign re the new head coach. I can't recall - but wasn't UConn's women's program a power well before the men's program? And do you think that success helped the men's program?

Al should be taking notes. It's like the men's team is averse to top 150 players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

Al should be taking notes. It's like the men's team is averse to top 150 players.

The women's soccer coach is also a phenomenal recruiter. I realize that their sports are in different worlds but if you have taken a walk around the campus lately you start wondering why anyone would have a hard time selling this place. Couple the environment/locale with being in the ACC and its no wonder people are asking whether Skinner knows what the hell he is doing.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby BCMcG on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Let's cut the shit. "Pretty campus" is waaaaaay down the list of priorities for top men's hoops recruits.

1. Path to NBA
2. Media exposure
3. PT/Opportunity to be a star

Everything else is incidental (and doesn't factor in the shady, illegal "benefits").
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:10 pm

At BC, you come for

1) decent crowds
2) ordinary girls
3) vampires
4) to run the flex offense
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

The women's soccer coach is also a phenomenal recruiter. I realize that their sports are in different worlds but if you have taken a walk around the campus lately you start wondering why anyone would have a hard time selling this place. Couple the environment/locale with being in the ACC and its no wonder people are asking whether Skinner knows what the hell he is doing.

Skinner does not recruit, that's the problem. He doesn't pursue recruits. The guy has want to play at BC and that has to be his only choice. Hence, we don't get top 150 recruits.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 pm

I went onto Eagle Action (which might have been my first mistake) and here are some names the database said we're recruiting:

Desmond Lee --- G *** BC, USF
Juvonte Reddic --- F No offer, offers from VCU, JMU 6'9
Kentari Nettles --- C *** MIZZ, So Alabama (both HIGH) 6'9
Brice Kofane --- F No offers 6'8
Frank Williams --- G OFFERED, offered by others
Devante Jackson --- G No offer
Monty Brown --- A 6'11 C from CT, offered by Tulsa
Wally Sajimi ---- G
Hector Harold --- Three star G/F from MA. He's 6'5, so it sounds like an Elmore clone.

Are we actually recruiting any of these guys hard? Are we going for a fourth commit? Any other guys we should know about?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

Skinner does not recruit, that's the problem. He doesn't pursue recruits. The guy has want to play at BC and that has to be his only choice. Hence, we don't get top 150 recruits.

Do you bother to check facts before you post your palaver? I am pretty sure Noreen is a top 150 recruit and Odom, who was recruited heavily by BC, was 76 or so. I am positive that Reggie Jackson was ranked 94. ESPN didn't go back to 2007 but if I recall Southern and/or Sanders were top 100. You are a whiney little bitch.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:09 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I went onto Eagle Action (which might have been my first mistake) and here are some names the database said we're recruiting:

Desmond Lee --- G *** BC, USF
Juvonte Reddic --- F No offer, offers from VCU, JMU 6'9
Kentari Nettles --- C *** MIZZ, So Alabama (both HIGH) 6'9
Brice Kofane --- F No offers 6'8
Frank Williams --- G OFFERED, offered by others
Devante Jackson --- G No offer
Monty Brown --- A 6'11 C from CT, offered by Tulsa
Wally Sajimi ---- G
Hector Harold --- Three star G/F from MA. He's 6'5, so it sounds like an Elmore clone.

Are we actually recruiting any of these guys hard? Are we going for a fourth commit? Any other guys we should know about?

Can we just get a shot-blocking center? I really don't give a damn who it is. We need a C in the worst way that can block shots and rebound.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

Do you bother to check facts before you post your palaver? I am pretty sure Noreen is a top 150 recruit and Odom, who was recruited heavily by BC, was 76 or so. I am positive that Reggie Jackson was ranked 94. ESPN didn't go back to 2007 but if I recall Southern and/or Sanders were top 100. You are a whiney little bitch.

Noreen is the #76 ranked PF dipshit. Doesn't put him in the Top 150. Secondly, that's funny, I don't seen Rod Odom on our commit list for next. Thirdly, we didn't even take a damn recruit last season. I'll give you Jackson, and he's actually a good player. Southern and Sanders were borderline and frankly are not good basketball players.

Sweet, we got 1, maybe 2 top 150 guys in 4 years. News flash, that doesn't cut it in the ACC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

Noreen is the #76 ranked PF dipshit. Doesn't put him in the Top 150. Secondly, that's funny, I don't seen Rod Odom on our commit list for next. Thirdly, we didn't even take a damn recruit last season. I'll give you Jackson, and he's actually a good player. Southern and Sanders were borderline and frankly are not good basketball players.

Sweet, we got 1, maybe 2 top 150 guys in 4 years. News flash, that doesn't cut it in the ACC.

I saw that Noreen was 76th PF, "dipshit" Scout had him in their overall top 150 earlier this fall. You said that Skinner doesn't even recruit the top 150 players but he does because he was recruiting Odom but obviously lost out. You want top 150 players and Southern and Sanders were top 150 when they entered. You're bitching is getting old. Don't you have any rallies to attend with OJ?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:00 am

Good argument. I criticize Skinner's recruiting so I automatically am racist.

How's that UMass/Rutgers/WVU education working out for you?

I hope all three players turn out to be great, but his player evaluation has to start coming into question here. Again, 27-37 in the last four years. Not acceptable.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Shabazz Napier (from Lawrence Academy, the best school in the universe), is fucking awesome. BC is the only school in the nation not recruiting. I don't get it.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Good argument. I criticize Skinner's recruiting so I automatically am racist.

I hope all three players turn out to be great, but his player evaluation has to start coming into question here. Again, 27-37 in the last four years. Not acceptable.

Again, I agree with your point about his performance of late and as I have stated many times, I am willing to give him another year, you are not, fine. You did make the statement that Skinner doesn't recruit therefore he never lands top 150 players. Skinner does not recruit, that's the problem. He doesn't pursue recruits. The guy has want to play at BC and that has to be his only choice. Hence, we don't get top 150 recruits.All I did was point out to you that he does in fact recruit top 150 players and actually lands a few. He has a system, it has worked for him in the past, it is not necessarily working right now. I am willing to give him ONE more year and that's it.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Good argument. I criticize Skinner's recruiting so I automatically am racist.

Again, I agree with your point about his performance of late and as I have stated many times, I am willing to give him another year, you are not, fine. You did make the statement that Skinner doesn't recruit therefore he never lands top 150 players. Skinner does not recruit, that's the problem. He doesn't pursue recruits. The guy has want to play at BC and that has to be his only choice. Hence, we don't get top 150 recruits.All I did was point out to you that he does in fact recruit top 150 players and actually lands a few. He has a system, it has worked for him in the past, it is not necessarily working right now. I am willing to give him ONE more year and that's it.

Agreed. I can suffer through one more year I suppose. We just really need a decent shot blocker late in the 2010 class.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Just read that Noreen is 6'10" and Papa is 6'8". If these guys can contribute it'll go a long ways towards playing some of the taller and more athletic teams in the ACC. Apparently we're in on Kinettles (Center out of Alabama, offered a scholarship to him apparently) and Brown (another center).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:I've said it before and I'll say it again: Shabazz Napier (from Lawrence Academy, the best school in the universe), is fucking awesome. BC is the only school in the nation not recruiting. I don't get it.

Al is simply using his reverse psychology technique. He's going to ignore Shabazz until he really wants BC.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:40 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:I've said it before and I'll say it again: Shabazz Napier (from Lawrence Academy, the best school in the universe), is fucking awesome. BC is the only school in the nation not recruiting. I don't get it.

Al is simply using his reverse psychology technique. He's going to ignore Shabazz until he really wants BC.

What's discouraging is that Shabazz is obsessed with G'Town. I have to imagine he'd have found a somewhat similar experience at BC... right?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum