boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:09 am

I had to go to Bapst when I wanted to read the Godfather. Besides my inital tour and passing out in front of it the day of the marathon I never saw it.

4 days a week as a senior is about average. We took Monday off and maybe Wed, every other day was open to drinking. Tuesday nights were always good at Daisy Buchanans.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I went to look for a book in Bapst once Freshman year or something. I had no idea how it was organized, gave it the old college try with a lap, left, and used Wikipedia. And that was the last time I set foot in there. And I don't acknowledge the nerds which is why I guess I feel so ignorant as to the claims.

And the best part about the ND trip was finding camo cases of Busch and Miller High Life at Walmart. Another one of those things that I couldn't afford to do.

You know my one day in September Bapst story about the radiators vibrating like 57 Cadillacs and the dewey warped tomes and the inside temperature 20 degress hotter that the sun right.

Warn the new masses. Bapst..all those who enter are never the same.

Beer: $0.50 cent Gimme an Gansett at the Hi Hat.

Heaven on earth.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Yah, but have any of you taken a crap at Maryann's?

Following a Godzilla burger. The double Eagle,or the duece as we called it.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 am

ryrob {l Wrote}: In the pizza debate, Roggies Big Daddy slice forever, Prestos/Pinos cardboard shit never.

That's the nerdiest thing I've heard all day.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 am

Since no other 07s have chimed in (as it was noted above, the last class that wasn't fully nerdified), here is 2006-2007 lineup:

Tuesday: Mary Ann's (known as Fat Tuesday)
Wednesday: Green Briar or somewhere else for triva then Kells
Thursday: An Tua Nua (which we called An Tua Dudley, because Duds held it down there every week), Tonic, Wonder Bar, Mary Ann's
Friday: Roggies or (less likely) Mary Ann's for HH, then those who didn't pass out afterward scattered
Saturday: Drink at the mod all day, then scatter.

Incidentally, my year was the last that had to deal with Roggies HH reaching capacity at about 3 on Fridays, and it was also the last that had to deal with crazy lines at Mary Ann's from 10PM on Thurs-Sat. These lines were a rite of passage. If the line was too crazy at MA's, Cityside was always the fallback, not Roggies. Roggies was a daytime drinking establishment. The only other frequented day-time drinking establishment I can remember is Moggys, with their $1 Buschs and slightly overpriced but delicious sandwiches. I used to go there and pound beers while I did laundry across the street, when I lived on South Street.

Edited because I forgot about pre-Kells trivia
Last edited by bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:38 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}: In the pizza debate, Roggies Big Daddy slice forever, Prestos/Pinos cardboard shit never.

That's the nerdiest thing I've heard all day.

+ eleventy billion

Prestos might just be the best pizza in all of boston outside of the north end. Never had santarpios though...which I hear is also good.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:45 am

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:Prestos might just be the best pizza in all of boston outside of the north end. Never had santarpios though...which I hear is also good.

Prestos is the best pizza in Cleveland Circle. Let's just leave it at that.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 am

Chicken Patties {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Local 186 was the best. Even the Armadillo is better than whatever sad piece of shit lives there now. Ditto Arbuckles and the Avenue - closing Arbuckles meant Chet had no reason to live.

Presto > Pinos.

The most tragic bar closing ever was Gerlondo's becoming the White Horse. You'd see amazing things at Gerlondo's.

Armadillo and its overly agressive, id snatching asian bouncer sucked ass. I will agree on Gerlondos though. That place was the tits. I once watched 3 hours of the nancy kerrigan beat down coverage there and was probably the only person at the bar not cashing their paycheck. O'malleys and silhouettes were also ok if you didn't mind drinking with the locals.

Without a doubt, I thought my group of friends were the only ones to attend this establishment(<<arrogance I guess). OId Irish couple, cats in the bar, cases stacked all around the booths. It was not exactly a happening scene but you most assuredly would not be turned away for being underage.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:hogans run was scary.

wasn't it for sale not long ago?

yes I think someone had a picture of it up here. It was near a conrail yard and inhabitated with conrail workers and was rumored to be a funnel for IRA money.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Local 186 was the best. Even the Armadillo is better than whatever sad piece of shit lives there now. Ditto Arbuckles and the Avenue - closing Arbuckles meant Chet had no reason to live.

Presto > Pinos.

The most tragic bar closing ever was Gerlondo's becoming the White Horse. You'd see amazing things at Gerlondo's.

Armadillo and its overly agressive, id snatching asian bouncer sucked ass. I will agree on Gerlondos though. That place was the tits. I once watched 3 hours of the nancy kerrigan beat down coverage there and was probably the only person at the bar not cashing their paycheck. O'malleys and silhouettes were also ok if you didn't mind drinking with the locals.

Without a doubt, I thought my group of friends were the only ones to attend this establishment(<<arrogance I guess). OId Irish couple, cats in the bar, cases stacked all around the booths. It was not exactly a happening scene but you most assuredly would not be turned away for being underage.

O'Malley's was a beacon of light my freshman year. That old lady who checked every ID had no idea what she was doing.

They sadly closed the next year, leading us to do our underage drinking at some karoake japanese bar by BU.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:23 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:O'Malley's was a beacon of light my freshman year. That old lady who checked every ID had no idea what she was doing.

They sadly closed the next year, leading us to do our underage drinking at some karoake japanese bar by BU.

Speaking of underage drinking, Tokyo City on Harvard Ave was our spot. Until it got raided about 5 times and closed.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Postby BC '00 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:28 am

Can't believe nobody mentioned the Crimson. Easiest place for fakes had a dude checking ID's next to a cop. Who's on First was the spot freshman year...that was when they'd still let people who got a bracelet buy 2 pitchers and grab 10 cups. Later it was MA's, Great Scott, Kells, Kinvara...what was The Avenue called before it changed its name? I think I stepped foot in Roggies once during 4 years...that place was always full of preppy douchebags with their parents in town.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:41 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:since RECRUITS READ THIS BOARD i thought i would split the topic into a b0mber/supahfan flirting and a bars that nerds hang out in threads

you're welcome

Finally someone is earning their ad dollars around here.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:In the pizza debate, Roggies Big Daddy slice forever, Prestos/Pinos cardboard shit never.

When I lived in Cleveland Circle after graduating, I used to stumble to Roggie's on my way home and get two big daddy slices. They're delicious as long as you're drunk. Don't make the mistake of eating them sober though. I got a few big daddy slices on the way home from work once, and it tasted like cardboard with ketchup and sawdust.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:In the pizza debate, Roggies Big Daddy slice forever, Prestos/Pinos cardboard shit never.

When I lived in Cleveland Circle after graduating, I used to stumble to Roggie's on my way home and get two big daddy slices. They're delicious as long as you're drunk. Don't make the mistake of eating the sober though. I got a few big daddy slices on the way home from work once, and it tasted like cardboard with ketchup and sawdust.

This is how Redneck's was ruined for me.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Since no other 07s have chimed in (as it was noted above, the last class that wasn't fully nerdified), here is 2006-2007 lineup:

Thursday: An Tua Nua (which we called An Tua Dudley, because Duds held it down there every week), Tonic, Wonder Bar, Mary Ann's
Friday: Roggies or (less likely) Mary Ann's for HH, then those who didn't pass out afterward scattered

Incidentally, my year was the last that had to deal with Roggies HH reaching capacity at about 3 on Fridays, and it was also the last that had to deal with crazy lines at Mary Ann's from 10PM on Thurs-Sat. These lines were a rite of passage. If the line was too crazy at MA's, Cityside was always the fallback, not Roggies. Roggies was a daytime drinking establishment. The only other frequented day-time drinking establishment I can remember is Moggys, with their $1 Buschs and slightly overpriced but delicious sandwiches. I used to go there and pound beers while I did laundry across the street, when I lived on South Street.

As an '07, I can confirm this schedule as well. The chinaman selling chinese food next to the dance floor inside the kells ($1 high life drafts) was epic as Che-Chi did not trek to the heights on Wednesdays. Dudley making his way to the An Tua Nua ($1 high life drafts) DJ booth every week was hilarious. The key to avoid the line at Roggies for Happy Hr was to simply show up at 1 with a newspaper for the $6 Soup/Sandwich/Beer combo in order to secure a table.

Upon Happy Hour ending, we would stroll to reservior and purchase as many 30s as we could carry and head back to rubenstein for drinking until it was time to go out. Unfortunately the majority of people in the '07 class mods were just awful individuals and truly represented the nerdification.

One good memory (from what I remember in the spring of '04) was the wet and wild party in some mod. What an absolute shit show. I remember hearing they called reslife to fix their mod as the entire apt was molding the next week.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Since no other 07s have chimed in (as it was noted above, the last class that wasn't fully nerdified), here is 2006-2007 lineup:

As an '07, I can confirm this schedule as well. The chinaman selling chinese food next to the dance floor inside the kells ($1 high life drafts) was epic as Che-Chi did not trek to the heights on Wednesdays. Dudley's making his way to the An Tua Nua ($1 high life drafts) DJ booth every week was hilarious. The key to avoid the line at Roggies for Happy Hr was to simply show up at 1 with a newspaper for the $6 Soup/Sandwich/Beer combo in order to secure a table.

Upon Happy Hour ending, we would stroll to reservior and purchase as many 30s as we could carry and head back to rubenstein for drinking until it was time to go out. Unfortunately the majority of people in the '07 class mods were just awful individuals and truly represented the nerdification.

One good memory (from what I remember in the spring of '04) was the wet and wild party in some mod. What an absolute shit show. I remember hearing they called reslife to fix their mod as the entire apt was molding the next week.

Exalt for Lunch Special mention. The hour between lunch special and HH was always excruciating. The Beerzilla was the best innovation in the history of late 2006.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:

As an '07, I can confirm this schedule as well. The chinaman selling chinese food next to the dance floor inside the kells ($1 high life drafts) was epic as Che-Chi did not trek to the heights on Wednesdays. Dudley's making his way to the An Tua Nua ($1 high life drafts) DJ booth every week was hilarious. The key to avoid the line at Roggies for Happy Hr was to simply show up at 1 with a newspaper for the $6 Soup/Sandwich/Beer combo in order to secure a table.

Exalt for Lunch Special mention. The hour between lunch special and HH was always excruciating. The Beerzilla was the best innovation in the history of late 2006.

Ahh yes..the "Bud"zilla which had some awful combination of whatever light beer taps that happened to be next to each other on the wall.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:One good memory (from what I remember in the spring of '04) was the wet and wild party in some mod. What an absolute shit show. I remember hearing they called reslife to fix their mod as the entire apt was molding the next week.

Well that's creepy, shock. We've partied together. Those were some good, giving girls who had that mod.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:17 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:One good memory (from what I remember in the spring of '04) was the wet and wild party in some mod. What an absolute shit show. I remember hearing they called reslife to fix their mod as the entire apt was molding the next week.

Well that's creepy, shock. We've partied together. Those were some good, giving girls who had that mod.

I wonder he Shock ever transitively kissed your weener.

:tdw
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I guess I could also thank him for being so generous with the class of 07 females when he was a frosh.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:20 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I guess I could also thank him for being so generous with the class of 07 females when he was a frosh.

You could thank him and you could thank me. We had a solid class of :skank
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:22 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Now this is what I miss about college. Every year, there was a fresh batch of unspoiled 18 year olds delivered to your doorstep.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:23 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Now this is what I miss about college. Every year, there was a fresh batch of unspoiled 18 year olds delivered to your doorstep.

I miss the scouting trips to Newton and Upper at the beginning of each school year.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:30 pm

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:59 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think these guys are living in TRE's old mod.

They were in the majority of mods in 2002. Sleep until 10:30 on noon football gamedays. Get a frapp. Wonder what the crowd is for. Go study. Meanwhile my mod was up at 7:45 boozing. I would say there were only 3-4 mods that could even compare with our backyard on gamedays. Pisses me off still and it's only gone downhill from there.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:03 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Presto > Pinos.

O'Malley's was a beacon of light my freshman year. That old lady who checked every ID had no idea what she was doing.

Ah, good ol' Red. He was a quick witted ex-Marine with stories out the wazzu. Remember the map on the wall that had pins in it? He told us the pins were for all the girls he'd banged. There were a shitload of pins. And did he show you the place in George Harrison's book that he claimed he was mentioned? Good guy. I always assumed that it closed because he died...hopefully mid reverse cowboy. RIP Red!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:08 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Presto > Pinos.

Ah, good ol' Red. He was a quick witted ex-Marine with stories out the wazzu. Remember the map on the wall that had pins in it? He told us the pins were for all the girls he'd banged. There were a shitload of pins. And did he show you the place in George Harrison's book that he claimed he was mentioned? Good guy. I always assumed that it closed because he died...hopefully mid reverse cowboy. RIP Red!

weren't there pornographic wall tiles in the bathroom as well?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:10 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I did once but it was early and the bleach was still fresh. Only once have i ever walked in on someone though. Poor kid.
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 pm

WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I did once but it was early and the bleach was still fresh. Only once have i ever walked in on someone though. Poor kid.

There was a real classy broad my year who managed to take a whiz in the men's urinal during peak hours. Good balance, I'd imagine.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium