Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:36 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:According to the other site you have multiple guys on that chart that have been expelled from BC so you’ll have plenty of open spots.

Off-field fights and on-field brawls, a lot of character individuals Hafley is recruiting.

Where are you seeing this?

winged lion on the island of misfit toys

It's over on EagleInsider. Google is your friend.

I also witnessed the brawl, sucker-punching and (allegedly) spitting on opposing players.

The team clearly has zero respect for Hafley.

EagleInsider seems like it has a chance to not suck now that they brought AJ Black over.

As for players and Hafley... I disagree with "no respect for Hafley" comment. I think the players really like him. What is there not to like. Players loved Jags and Henning as well. I think the issue is that they are still kids who need structure and a bit of pushing to be successful. I think many different styles can be successful in coaching. Being a hard-ass clearly works (too many examples to name)... being an aloof CEO also works... as does the BFF model. But, in each case, you need to offset the personality of the head coach to provide balance (good cop/bad cop). So, if you have a tyrant, you need to have softer assistants who will nurture the players along. If you are an aloof CEO, you need assistants who are hands on. And, if you are a Love'em Hard coach, you need assistants who are going to hold the kids accountable. I think Hafley is learning this all too late.

As for the Cuse game, I think a whole lot of it was coming from Cuse. And the fight at the end of the game was all due to the idiots from the tundra trying to plant a flag. If the players just walked away and let them do it, you would be on here talking about how the players are an embarrassment to the school and have no pride for letting that happen. I'm proud that they stood up for themselves after the game.

In his first season, I said that Hafley's tenure had the feel of Coughlin (with a lot of folks focused on what he could do). When he failed to take the next step (and actually regressed), I said that his tenure had the feel of what Jags in Year 3 would have been. It was recently pointed out that, what Hafley's tenure is MOST similar to is Henning's. Sadly, that may be correct. Jeff will get a year to see if he'll ever be a head coach again. But, it will require him to make foundational changes to his vision for a staff.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:According to the other site you have multiple guys on that chart that have been expelled from BC so you’ll have plenty of open spots.

Off-field fights and on-field brawls, a lot of character individuals Hafley is recruiting.

Where are you seeing this?

winged lion on the island of misfit toys

I also witnessed the brawl, sucker-punching and (allegedly) spitting on opposing players.

The team clearly has zero respect for Hafley.

EagleInsider seems like it has a chance to not suck now that they brought AJ Black over.

As for players and Hafley... I disagree with "no respect for Hafley" comment. I think the players really like him. What is there not to like. Players loved Jags and Henning as well. I think the issue is that they are still kids who need structure and a bit of pushing to be successful. I think many different styles can be successful in coaching. Being a hard-ass clearly works (too many examples to name)... being an aloof CEO also works... as does the BFF model. But, in each case, you need to offset the personality of the head coach to provide balance (good cop/bad cop). So, if you have a tyrant, you need to have softer assistants who will nurture the players along. If you are an aloof CEO, you need assistants who are hands on. And, if you are a Love'em Hard coach, you need assistants who are going to hold the kids accountable. I think Hafley is learning this all too late.

As for the Cuse game, I think a whole lot of it was coming from Cuse. And the fight at the end of the game was all due to the idiots from the tundra trying to plant a flag. If the players just walked away and let them do it, you would be on here talking about how the players are an embarrassment to the school and have no pride for letting that happen. I'm proud that they stood up for themselves after the game.

In his first season, I said that Hafley's tenure had the feel of Coughlin (with a lot of folks focused on what he could do). When he failed to take the next step (and actually regressed), I said that his tenure had the feel of what Jags in Year 3 would have been. It was recently pointed out that, what Hafley's tenure is MOST similar to is Henning's. Sadly, that may be correct. Jeff will get a year to see if he'll ever be a head coach again. But, it will require him to make foundational changes to his vision for a staff.

Agree on AJ Black he's really good.

I don't mind BC making a scene out of those morons from Cuse trying to plant a flag on our field. In a vacuum no issue there.

The (alleged) spitting incident and (alleged) numerous players being kicked-out/expelled/whatever for all kinds of infractions isn't good and shows a lack of institutional control/respect on the part of Hafley. Players don't typically vanish off the 2-deep never to be seen again and it's happened a bunch this year. It's also what's most likely to get him ejected from BC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:39 am

the syracuse games are always bizarrely chippy. can recall multiple brawls over the last couple of matchups.

between the OL randomly punching our DL and getting ejected, and the S who completely blindsided zay away from the play safe to say the cuse players got whatever they deserved.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:37 am

i have not looked at that website in years. it appears to suck less than the void created by blogboy leaving it, but they also didn't fight back in a very fun way against the syracuse mouth breathers... other than the dude that called boeheim a murderer
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:OL 16
===
Blerim Rustemi, Jack Conley, Ozzy Trapilo, Christian Mahogany, Finn Dirstine, Dwayne Allick, Kevin Pyne, Kevin Cline, Jackson Ness, Illija Krajnovic, Otto Hess, Drew Kendall, Jude Bowry, Noah Clifford, Jake Funke, Nick Thomas

WR 9
===
Zay Flowers, Taji Johnson, Jaelen Gill, Dino Tomlin, Lewis Bond, Jaden Williams, Dante Reynolds, Ismael Zamor, Joseph Griffin

TE 6
===
Hans Lillis, Charlie Gordinier, Spencer Witter, George Takacs, Jeremiah Franklin, Matt Reagan

RB 6
===
Pat Garwo III, Andre Hines, Alec Sinkfield, Xavier Coleman, Alex Broom, Cam Barfield

QB 5
===
Phil Jurkovec, Matthew Rueve, Daelen Menard, Emmett Morehead, Pete Delaportas

ST 4
===
Danny Longman, Gunner Daniel, Connor Lytton, Sam Candotti

DT 10
===
Cam Horsley, Izaiah Henderson, Regen Terry, Nigel Tate, Chib Onwuka, Kris Banks, Owen Stoudmire, Ty Clemons, Kwan Williamws, Gilbert Tongrongou

DE 9
===
Shitta Sillah, Marcus Valdez, Donovan Ezeiruaku, Neto Okpala, Quin Hutchinson, Edwin Kolenge, Kivon Wight, Clive Wilson, Josh Hardy

LB 8
===
Vinny DePalma, Joe Marinaro, Kam Arnold, Jaylen Blackwell, Bryce Steele, Owen McGowan, Daveon Crouch, Sione Hala

DB 13
===
Jaiden Woodbey, Jason Maitre, Elijah Jones, Josh DeBerry, Jason Scott, Steve Lubischer, Jalen Cheek, Cole Batson, Jamareeh Jones, CJ Burton, Amari Jackson, Isaiah Farris, CJ Clinkscales

Who stays, who goes? I believe only Valdez, Longman, Daniel, Sinkfield & Onwuka are out of eligibility.

Woodbey leaving.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:55 pm

I think we should be prepared for anyone who can leave will.

Cade McNamara is in the Portal. He’d be someone who’d potentially be of interest. However, with NIL making the portal only about paying players, BC has even less a shot than normal. I think Hafley is incapable and it’s going to be a sad off-season heading into his final year as a head coach.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:OL 16
===
Blerim Rustemi, Jack Conley, Ozzy Trapilo, Christian Mahogany, Finn Dirstine, Dwayne Allick, Kevin Pyne, Kevin Cline, Jackson Ness, Illija Krajnovic, Otto Hess, Drew Kendall, Jude Bowry, Noah Clifford, Jake Funke, Nick Thomas

WR 9
===
Zay Flowers, Taji Johnson, Jaelen Gill, Dino Tomlin, Lewis Bond, Jaden Williams, Dante Reynolds, Ismael Zamor, Joseph Griffin

TE 6
===
Hans Lillis, Charlie Gordinier, Spencer Witter, George Takacs, Jeremiah Franklin, Matt Reagan

RB 6
===
Pat Garwo III, Andre Hines, Alec Sinkfield, Xavier Coleman, Alex Broom, Cam Barfield

QB 5
===
Phil Jurkovec, Matthew Rueve, Daelen Menard, Emmett Morehead, Pete Delaportas

ST 4
===
Danny Longman, Gunner Daniel, Connor Lytton, Sam Candotti

DT 10
===
Cam Horsley, Izaiah Henderson, Regen Terry, Nigel Tate, Chib Onwuka, Kris Banks, Owen Stoudmire, Ty Clemons, Kwan Williamws, Gilbert Tongrongou

DE 9
===
Shitta Sillah, Marcus Valdez, Donovan Ezeiruaku, Neto Okpala, Quin Hutchinson, Edwin Kolenge, Kivon Wight, Clive Wilson, Josh Hardy

LB 8
===
Vinny DePalma, Joe Marinaro, Kam Arnold, Jaylen Blackwell, Bryce Steele, Owen McGowan, Daveon Crouch, Sione Hala

DB 13
===
Jaiden Woodbey, Jason Maitre, Elijah Jones, Josh DeBerry, Jason Scott, Steve Lubischer, Jalen Cheek, Cole Batson, Jamareeh Jones, CJ Burton, Amari Jackson, Isaiah Farris, CJ Clinkscales

Who stays, who goes? I believe only Valdez, Longman, Daniel, Sinkfield & Onwuka are out of eligibility.

Woodbey leaving.

Had 1 year of eligibility remaining due to covid rules.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:11 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I think we should be prepared for anyone who can leave will.

Cade McNamara is in the Portal. He’d be someone who’d potentially be of interest. However, with NIL making the portal only about paying players, BC has even less a shot than normal. I think Hafley is incapable and it’s going to be a sad off-season heading into his final year as a head coach.

His offer list is already silly.

Woodbey had to be playing through some injuries this year. 0 sacks, 0 INTs and some really poor play on pretty much a weekly basis.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Cade McNamara is in the Portal. He’d be someone who’d potentially be of interest. However, with NIL making the portal only about paying players, BC has even less a shot than normal. I think Hafley is incapable and it’s going to be a sad off-season heading into his final year as a head coach.

Where do you see his transfer offers?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:46 am

Maitre to the portal for his 6th year

might need a transfer portal thread
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:06 pm

Maitre was terrible this year, not losing any sleep over that one
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:14 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Cade McNamara is in the Portal. He’d be someone who’d potentially be of interest. However, with NIL making the portal only about paying players, BC has even less a shot than normal. I think Hafley is incapable and it’s going to be a sad off-season heading into his final year as a head coach.

Yea sorry those were offers from HS. He'll still have a ton of interest that will preclude BC. I'm not sure he's any better than Morehead anyway.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Yea sorry those were offers from HS. He'll still have a ton of interest that will preclude BC. I'm not sure he's any better than Morehead anyway.

Can't see Morehead turning away from the bird in hand to chase a starting position elsewhere. Of course this presumes Jurkovec is moving on.

I would expect Mahogany, Griffin, Broome, Trapilo, Garwo, Horsley, Steele, and DeBerry are all getting offers right now. When he enters the portal Jurkovec can expect a G5 or FCS opportunity to rebuild his reputation.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:18 pm

wait - are some of you thinking there is a chance glass phil will stay here to play football... as a quarterback?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:wait - are some of you thinking there is a chance glass phil will stay here to play football... as a quarterback?

heard that very thing at the Louisville game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:13 pm

that sounds like an idea born out of smoking jazz cigarettes
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:15 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Can't see Morehead turning away from the bird in hand to chase a starting position elsewhere. Of course this presumes Jurkovec is moving on.

I would expect Mahogany, Griffin, Broome, Trapilo, Garwo, Horsley, Steele, and DeBerry are all getting offers right now. When he enters the portal Jurkovec can expect a G5 or FCS opportunity to rebuild his reputation.

Steele hopefully leaves, because he was one of the weakest starting LB's in all of my years of watching BC football. But I doubt he gets anything higher than a Group of 5 offer. The hardest that he hit anyone all year was in that Syracuse fight.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:25 pm

Rumors are that Steele is entering the portal.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:52 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Rumors are that Steele is entering the portal.

The 1 sack and 0 INTs probably won't be missed a ton. He played a ton also.

DePalma was the best LB as depressing as that is. He played pretty well.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:02 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Maitre was terrible this year, not losing any sleep over that one

Some of the worst tackling I have ever seen but I would assume he would have been offered a 6th year based on what is remaining on the roster.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:38 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

DePalma gets a lot of shit on this board but if it’s third/fourth down and 1 and you need a stop, he’s always there making the tackle.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:43 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Maitre was terrible this year, not losing any sleep over that one

Some of the worst tackling I have ever seen but I would assume he would have been offered a 6th year based on what is remaining on the roster.

Is Maitre the one who supposedly hyped up the team in the postgame locker room I think after they got waxed at Florida State. If so that would be rich as Maitre himself was toasted time and again? When Hafley talked about that it sounded like "performative" hyping for the HC to witness.

I listened to AJ's podcast where they talked about the injuries as the manifestation of lacking efforts in S&C. But what is it on the field that tells you S&C is truly lacking, be it from coaching inattention and/or the players' lack of commitment? Those of you who played at BC and "know what it takes", what should we be looking for?

Is it the linemen holding huge guts? Failure to get any push on either side of the line of scrimmage? Players wearing down late in the game (e.g. Rutgers)? Is it poor tackling, where players get run over? Or do players use poor technique to shortcut their way past proper technique that will get them run over (again due to lack of strength)? I remember the ND game where there was one punt return where the returner literally brushed off the BC gunner who came in high to try to sweep him around the shoulders and I guess use gravity to get him down. The gunner seemed to be avoiding a full-on collision.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

DePalma gets a lot of shit on this board but if it’s third/fourth down and 1 and you need a stop, he’s always there making the tackle 2 - 4 yards past the line of scrimmage.

fixed that for you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:02 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

DePalma gets a lot of shit on this board but if it’s third/fourth down and 1 and you need a stop, he’s always there making the tackle 2 - 4 yards past the line of scrimmage.

fixed that for you

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:26 pm

This thread is making me realize we have a lot of sub-optimal football players on the roster and it's extremely unlikely unless there's a huge roster turnover this improves much in Year 4.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:08 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

fixed that for you

No, that’s what happens on 1st and 2nd down. He’s good on third and fourth

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:13 pm

oh. i guess that explains why we are 9-3 on the year (european date writing style)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:04 pm

Zay Flowers leaving for the NFL
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:09 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium