How does Brian Cashman still have a job?

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

How does Brian Cashman still have a job?

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:32 pm

He has a achieved a level of doing less with more that would make Dean Smith envious. And it isn't just about this train wreck of a season, its about two decades of coming up short--with the exception of 2009 when they were saved by Brad Lidge shitting himself after Charlie Manuel made one of the dumbest defensive alignments in baseball history. Couple that with the fact that the three additional World Series he boasts about as part of his tenure were built by Stick Michael with some effective tweaks by Bob Watson.

Anyway, he sucks.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Re: How does Brian Cashman still have a job?

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Cashman smacks of Danny Ainge to me. The sustained success and acumen is undeniable, but it wasn't enough and it has run its course.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:30 pm

in defense of ainge, he's handcuffed with a coach-for-life so there's not a whole lot he can do...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in defense of ainge, he's handcuffed with a coach-for-life so there's not a whole lot he can do...

True. But he will take that 70 million at Indiana one of these years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:15 pm

I’d like to congratulate Baseball Genius Brian Cashman for figuring out that it is helpful to have some durable left handed hitter in a line up at Yankee Stadium. Who knew?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Nice to see the Fordham Prep kid get a shot with the Yankees. Flashed a nice glove last night and some heads up base running. Too bad Logitano, a bitter Mets fan, wants the kid to fail.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Nice to see the Fordham Prep kid get a shot with the Yankees. Flashed a nice glove last night and some heads up base running. Too bad Logitano, a bitter Mets fan, wants the kid to fail.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:47 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Nice to see the Fordham Prep kid get a shot with the Yankees. Flashed a nice glove last night and some heads up base running. Too bad Logitano, a bitter Mets fan, wants the kid to fail.

The Fordham Prep Flash kills The Sawx this afternoon with the bat and glove, while a bitter Logitano tells himself that the kid isn’t good enough to find a spot on The Mets roster. Sad!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

The Fordham Prep Flash kills The Sawx this afternoon with the bat and glove, while a bitter Logitano tells himself that the kid isn’t good enough to find a spot on The Mets roster. Sad!

The Fordham Prep Flash kills The Sawx again with a timely RBI and a potential game saving diving snag of a hard grounder into the hole, followed by a timely throw to first to end the game. All the while a bitter Logitano wishes the kid had been molested by Doug Fall.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

The Fordham Prep Flash kills The Sawx again with a timely RBI and a potential game saving diving snag of a hard grounder into the hole, followed by a timely throw to first to end the game. All the while a bitter Logitano wishes the kid had been molested by Doug Fall.

Faul :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:13 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Faul :ace

We don't speak this name anymore.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:33 pm

In fairness to Faul, I heard that the allegation against him was bullshit, but the Rose Hill Academy for the Mediocre Progeny of Sound Shore Resident I-Bankers and AM Law 100 Partners had to do something because of the other pederasts they had sheltered for decades. The Religion Department was much more dangerous than the Math Department.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:53 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:In fairness to Faul, I heard that the allegation against him was bullshit, but the Rose Hill Academy for the Mediocre Progeny of Sound Shore Resident I-Bankers and AM Law 100 Partners had to do something because of the other pederasts they had sheltered for decades. The Religion Department was much more dangerous than the Math Department.

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:55 pm

The Yankees, Sox and A's all stomping on their own dicks repeatedly down the stretch is hilarious to behold. It would be fantastic if the Blue Jays and Seattle took the WC spots. An American League playoff with the Stros, White Sox, Rays, Jays and Mariners would draw ratings akin to the Tuesday Night MAC football showdown on ESPN 2. The National League series featuring the Braves, Brewers, Giants, Dodgers and Reds won't suck as much, but is going to draw something akin to incidental viewing in the Northeast.

Good effort, good try Manfred.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Whoever made the decision to put the Sawx in those shitty uniforms should be buried up to the neck in dirt and stones to death. Those uniforms were almost as shitty as the Yankees bullpen this year.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:11 am

The yellow on blue, like the hats, is sweet. The blue on yellow jerseys are hideous.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 24, 2022 8:36 am

So, apparently making fun of a self-important blow bag who called himself the new Jackie Robinson is racist or whatever. God, Rob Manfred is a fucking tool. Wish I had blackballed his kids at Sleepy Hollow when I had the chance. Oh well, I guess I can throw MLB into the funeral pyre of things I used to watch.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue May 24, 2022 12:34 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So, apparently making fun of a self-important blow bag who called himself the new Jackie Robinson is racist or whatever. God, Rob Manfred is a fucking tool. Wish I had blackballed his kids at Sleepy Hollow when I had the chance. Oh well, I guess I can throw MLB into the funeral pyre of things I used to watch.

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 25, 2022 12:41 am

This is much adieu about nothing, but Josh Donaldson is a piece of shit and get all that he deserves.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 26, 2022 1:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This is much adieu about nothing, but Josh Donaldson is a piece of shit and get all that he deserves.

Donaldson is a loud mouth asshole. No one disputes that. What is laughable is that he was suspended because noted alcoholic and serial drunk driver Tony Larissa decided to label making fun of the prissy, self-important, overrated blow bag Tim Anderson as racist, when all Donaldson did was point out how ridiculous it is for Anderson to refer to himself as the new Jackie Robinson.

Frankly, everyone should make fun of Tim Anderson for making such a statement. It was ridiculous on its face. Donaldson's only sin in this whole thing was apologizing afterwards. So fuck Manfred. Between this and the All Star Game fiasco, he has proven himself to be a feckless koont.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Thu May 26, 2022 6:01 pm

So the little respect I had for prick Donaldson was lost in his apology. His apology should have been “I’d like to formally apologize to Tim Anderson, his wife and his entire family. It was insensitive of me not to realize that my comments would be misconstrued by the same middling ball player that foolishly deemed himself the next Jackie Robinson.”
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu May 26, 2022 9:33 pm

All the qualifiers before you all dive into your actual position is hilarious.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 27, 2022 8:56 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:All the qualifiers before you all dive into your actual position is hilarious.

You mistake qualifiers for stating the truth about the situation. Of course, if you understood that distinction you would have gotten into Darden or Mendoza instead of settling for Ross. Oh well, Booth and Kellogg need pitch book monkeys and as long as that continues to be the case I suppose there will always be a place for Michigan men.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat May 28, 2022 11:06 pm

In yet another Lenny / Carl situation Lenny is undefeated in your eyes. Given the ad hominem, I’m sorry it makes you feel so uncomfortable.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:59 am

I didn't even realize that Elvii had responded--probably the reaction he gets from most of the people he tries to interact with. Anyway, have to say that I didn't see this roster having this level of success, but it would appear that the Yankees have fixed their starting pitching issues of the last few years and finally found a core group that can handle New York. Also nice to see Chapman retired as a closer. He could be a very good set up man, as I think the pressure of closing weighs on him. Finally, its glorious to watch the Red Sox go 8-2 over their last ten games and lose ground in the standings.

Of course, none of this means anything if they implode in the playoffs. At this point, anything less than a World Series is going to be a colossal disappointment.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Return to Shea Field