Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby Logitano on Sat May 21, 2022 8:16 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:One would normally have to go to an Erectile Dsyfunction clinic or one of IB’s Toastmaster events to see as much impotency as the Rangers have displayed through two games. Brendan Smith, a guy they sent to Hartford on multiple occasions and someone they wanted to buy out a year after they signed him to a four year deal (and only did not because of all the other buy outs they were buried under) scoring the short handed game winner is the chef’s kiss on the night.

It is also pretty clear that whatever team crawls onto the next round after this rock fight of a series is going to get absolutely plowed by Tampa Bay. I thought Tampa was a better match up for the Rangers than Carolina, but after watching two games in each series it is clear that Tampa can clamp down defensively and is not as offensively inept as the Canes. Mea culpa.

Gives us time to watch Cameron Young make a run at the PGA Championship this weekend! #goramsbeattiger :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat May 21, 2022 9:36 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:One would normally have to go to an Erectile Dsyfunction clinic or one of IB’s Toastmaster events to see as much impotency as the Rangers have displayed through two games. Brendan Smith, a guy they sent to Hartford on multiple occasions and someone they wanted to buy out a year after they signed him to a four year deal (and only did not because of all the other buy outs they were buried under) scoring the short handed game winner is the chef’s kiss on the night.

It is also pretty clear that whatever team crawls onto the next round after this rock fight of a series is going to get absolutely plowed by Tampa Bay. I thought Tampa was a better match up for the Rangers than Carolina, but after watching two games in each series it is clear that Tampa can clamp down defensively and is not as offensively inept as the Canes. Mea culpa.

Gives us time to watch Cameron Young make a run at the PGA Championship this weekend! #goramsbeattiger :ace

I think there will be a lot of synergy between the Rangers coming up just short tomorrow afternoon and Cam pulling a Don Johnson in Tin Cup lay up on 18 to finish 3rd. Disappointment all around, but everyone getting paid nonetheless.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun May 22, 2022 8:58 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

I think there will be a lot of synergy between the Rangers coming up just short tomorrow afternoon and Cam pulling a Don Johnson in Tin Cup lay up on 18 to finish 3rd. Disappointment all around, but everyone getting paid nonetheless.

The Logitano Army will demand that the tvs or at least the tv at my seat in the Madison Club at MSG be turned onto golf while watching the NYR attempt to score at least one goal today. I guarantee you this much if the Rangers do not score at least one goal they will not win. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun May 22, 2022 9:35 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

The Logitano Army will demand that the tvs or at least the tv at my seat in the Madison Club at MSG be turned onto golf while watching the NYR attempt to score at least one goal today. I guarantee you this much if the Rangers do not score at least one goal they will not win. :ace

Definitely the most intelligent thing you have posted in months. Did my uncle get you the tickets? I believe Bettman is, like you, a Proskauer alum.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun May 22, 2022 11:16 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Definitely the most intelligent thing you have posted in months. Did my uncle get you the tickets? I believe Bettman is, like you, a Proskauer alum.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

don't reach over the glass barrier to single select the sushi pieces you'd like in the madison club; huangs cousin didn't like that

nice bounceback yesterday and that's realistically going to be the path to win this series; get just enough offense and pray igor keeps stealing games.

i know in a cap era it's death to overpay these players but i really like motte
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 23, 2022 9:30 am

Motte is the kind of "piece" (TM Rob Scuderi) that you need to win a Stanley Cup. He definitely bailed out Kreider after his horrendous ENG shot off the post. And the slashing call he took was utter bullshit. Tarrytown Brett Pesce dropped his stick like it was on fire when he initiated the contact with Motte.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon May 23, 2022 10:32 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Motte is the kind of "piece" (TM Rob Scuderi) that you need to win a Stanley Cup. He definitely bailed out Kreider after his horrendous ENG shot off the post. And the slashing call he took was utter bullshit. Tarrytown Brett Pesce dropped his stick like it was on fire when he initiated the contact with Motte.

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue May 24, 2022 11:09 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Motte is the kind of "piece" (TM Rob Scuderi) that you need to win a Stanley Cup. He definitely bailed out Kreider after his horrendous ENG shot off the post. And the slashing call he took was utter bullshit. Tarrytown Brett Pesce dropped his stick like it was on fire when he initiated the contact with Motte.

Kreider purposefully missing that shot so that Motter could get his first playoff goal is true leadership.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue May 24, 2022 12:37 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Kreider purposefully missing that shot so that Motter could get his first playoff goal is true leadership.

:clink :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 26, 2022 8:56 pm

Amateur hour again in Toronto and with the NHL's incompetent officiating. The reversal was bullshit and the "hooking" on Vatrano that turned the game was also complete bullshit. For some reason, the NHL wants to do everything it can to have a Tampa-Carolina Eastern Conference Final that draws six viewers. Couple that with a Colorado-Edmonton Western Conference Final and you are going to have a collective US television audience that the WNBA would laugh at. Fucking Canadians are just the worst people on Earth. We ought to nuke them as payback for the War of 1812.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 27, 2022 9:13 am

eh once again got severely outplayed. just nothing consistently 5 on 5 at all. 7 games without an even strength point for panarin.

i know the ratings won't be there but edmonton / colorado should be great
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 27, 2022 10:50 am

i think the offsides was pretty clear. the hooking was not as blatant as what hansen does on the beaches of rhode island, but it could have gone either way (like the ladyboys that hansen seeks out on the beaches of rhode island). that said, the canes suck on the pp, so that second goal was far from a foregone conclusion
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Mon May 30, 2022 7:49 pm

I still refuse to believe there a pro team in Rolly, North Carolina. Sorry TRE
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 30, 2022 8:14 pm

Nice first period.
Emily Kaplan is terrible.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 30, 2022 8:39 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:I still refuse to believe there a pro team in Rolly, North Carolina. Sorry TRE

it’s a fair statement, but they’re a shit ton better than the embarrassment that was in Hartford until k had some sense and moved them to these Carolina blue skies.

The more difficult thing for me is seeing rod the bod as the coach. I know he had great success here, but he’ll always be a flyer to me. Sure, he hoisted a cup here… but he still felt like a fish out of water to me
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 30, 2022 9:17 pm

well, that should do it.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue May 31, 2022 7:31 am

I think Tampa is going to be a challenge. Will most definitely need to score at least one goal possibly even more each night to win. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 31, 2022 8:41 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:I think Tampa is going to be a challenge. Will most definitely need to score at least one goal possibly even more each night to win. :ace

This the CONTENT that I come to this thread to see.

The hit by Trouba was on Seth Jarvis was awesome and something rarely seen in the NHL--an absolute crippler that was completely clean. Say what you want about the "chicken wing" to Crosby's dome, which looked more like Trouba putting his arm up to defend himself in a collision that was just as much of Crosby's making as it was Trouba's doing, but the hit on Max Domi (who will hopefully die in a fire in the offseason) and the hit on Jarvis were both completely clean and were as big a part of those wins as any goal scored. Carolina was undisciplined and stupid for most of the night after the Domi hit and outside of D'Angelo and Neiderreiter, after Trouba rendered Jarvis brain stem and frontal lobe inoperable, the rest of the Canes went looking for a soft place on the ice to lie down and assume the fetal position. And Sebastian Aho is pudding soft. If he is there designated "Super Star" than the Canes can forget about winning a Cup.

As for Brind'Amour, he is a great coach and having met him twice, he was a nice guy on both occasions. I also like that he went the NCAA route. And sure he was a Flyer, but Lindros fucked his wife and the Flyers responded by shipping him off to what was considered a hockey wasteland in Carolina where he promptly took them to a Finals a year and half later and then of course to the least watched Stanley Cup Finals in history (against Edmonton) and the win in 2006. Trust me, he hates the Flyers more than any Ranger fan could.

And last, Kreider is an unstoppable beast when he is feeling it. Just need to make sure he feels it from the jump in the series. The re-direct from Mika was as pretty a goal as you will see and the breakaway showcased what makes him special, the speed, the power and the soft hands and scoring touch he has magically developed in the last year. He is emerging as the next Mr. Game 7 and his 16 goals in elimination games is as remarkable as his team's record in those games during Kreider's career.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 31, 2022 9:28 am

i like brind'amour, has a good handle on his team and they outperform their talent every year

if you're looking for some tuesday morning chuckles: https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic pens beat still crying about trouba
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 31, 2022 3:38 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i like brind'amour, has a good handle on his team and they outperform their talent every year

if you're looking for some tuesday morning chuckles: https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic pens beat still crying about trouba

They are just the biggest whiny koonts in existence coupled with a Caps Fanbase lack of hockey knowledge. Hope Crosby retires soon and the franchise slips back to the bankruptcy era. Maybe Mario will sell at that point and someone can move them to Milwaukee or Kansas City of Quebec City. That would be the best possible outcome.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:44 pm

Umm…Rangers!
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:21 pm

That was satisfying, but as a Ranger fan, I have been burned too many times to read anything into it other than the Lightning had nine days of accumulated rust and hung Vassilevsky out to dry in the process. I will say, you have to love the Kid Line. Chytl seems to finally have confidence in the fact that he is bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled than most of the people he plays against. Laffy, plays with a nasty edge and makes space for Chytl. And Kakko is steady and responsible--which was the rep he had coming out of Finland. He was never going to be the skill player/talent that Jack Hughes is, but some of the better hockey guys on the web/twitterverse said at the time he was drafted that he would make everyone on his line better by doing all the little things and playing in a really responsible manner.

Other question. Did anyone see what Reaves did to Maroon at the end of the scrum with about a 1:30 left in the third. It didn't look like it was anything other than making Maroon smell the glove in the pile, but Maroon looked dazed for a good ten seconds after it was broken up and a friend who was sitting behind the Blues bench told me he heard Cooper tell one of the training staff to meet Maroon at the exit (Maroon was given a 2 minute roughing penalty and exited for the locker room). Maroon is kind of an oaf, but he has won three straight cups and he is kind of the glue that keeps their grinder line working as Bellamare and Hagel are punks who shrivel up when they have to answer the bell. As that line was the only line that didn't embarrass itself last night, curious to see if a Maroon with a frontal lobe on the fritz diminishes the line.

Finally, watching McDonaugh drop a -2, fuck up repeatedly on the PP and get rag-dolled by Goodrow in the scrum gave me a since of deja vu, like I was watching the 2018 or 19 Rangers.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:56 pm

tough to read much more than the bolts were off for a week and a half

i'll admit i was wrong on chytil, i threw in the towel and thought he is what he is.

what a much better pace than the canes series. don't blame bridamour but don't miss that style of play
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:tough to read much more than the bolts were off for a week and a half

i'll admit i was wrong on chytil, i threw in the towel and thought he is what he is.

what a much better pace than the canes series. don't blame bridamour but don't miss that style of play

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:39 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:That was satisfying, but as a Ranger fan, I have been burned too many times to read anything into it other than the Lightning had nine days of accumulated rust and hung Vassilevsky out to dry in the process. I will say, you have to love the Kid Line. Chytl seems to finally have confidence in the fact that he is bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled than most of the people he plays against. Laffy, plays with a nasty edge and makes space for Chytl. And Kakko is steady and responsible--which was the rep he had coming out of Finland. He was never going to be the skill player/talent that Jack Hughes is, but some of the better hockey guys on the web/twitterverse said at the time he was drafted that he would make everyone on his line better by doing all the little things and playing in a really responsible manner.

Other question. Did anyone see what Reaves did to Maroon at the end of the scrum with about a 1:30 left in the third. It didn't look like it was anything other than making Maroon smell the glove in the pile, but Maroon looked dazed for a good ten seconds after it was broken up and a friend who was sitting behind the Blues bench told me he heard Cooper tell one of the training staff to meet Maroon at the exit (Maroon was given a 2 minute roughing penalty and exited for the locker room). Maroon is kind of an oaf, but he has won three straight cups and he is kind of the glue that keeps their grinder line working as Bellamare and Hagel are punks who shrivel up when they have to answer the bell. As that line was the only line that didn't embarrass itself last night, curious to see if a Maroon with a frontal lobe on the fritz diminishes the line.

Finally, watching McDonaugh drop a -2, fuck up repeatedly on the PP and get rag-dolled by Goodrow in the scrum gave me a since of deja vu, like I was watching the 2018 or 19 Rangers.

McDonagh's end with the Rangers was so awful that it is shocking he is still in the league 5 years later and considered a top defensive player. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:16 am

Welp, there was the choke we have all been waiting for. Like Cam Young's fourth round at the Memorial, that is what the Rangers do and will always do when in contention.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:10 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Welp, there was the choke we have all been waiting for. Like Cam Young's fourth round at the Memorial, that is what the Rangers do and will always do when in contention.

So far the team with the higher score keeps winning so perhaps that is what Cam thought he needed to do (he is a ranger fan). :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:54 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:eh once again got severely outplayed. just nothing consistently 5 on 5 at all. 7 games without an even strength point for panarin.

1 goal 1 assist last 13 games 5 on 5
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:eh once again got severely outplayed. just nothing consistently 5 on 5 at all. 7 games without an even strength point for panarin.

1 goal 1 assist last 13 games 5 on 5

How many turnovers?

See everyone in the Madison Club tomorrow night. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink