2023 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2023 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:59 pm

Didn't make Aguero's top 7.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:47 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Didn't make Aguero's top 7.

Hafley cant develop DBs.

He is also only looking at SEC baby rapist schools. Still should make top 7, esp from Catholic school.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:54 am

I wish him good luck in the Transfer portal.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Jones and Traore both 4stars in the new 247 rankings.

traore just got an offer from ND, 247 rates him as #62 player nationally.

He decommitted
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

Maybe we should’ve brought Al Washington back when HCRD fired his ass
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:38 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

This was inevitable.
Hope he regrets his decision when we kick their French fucking ass this season.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

This was inevitable.

A very Merry Men reaction.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:47 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

According to 247, we have offered 11 Mass kids. This has to be the most since the Bicknell days. And unlike then, they are all D1 recruits.
Hafley offered the 3 CM kids as FR and has since offered another. Now that the best told him to shove it, what will Hafley do?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Eh on him being the best.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

This was inevitable.

A very Merry Men reaction.

I’m being realistic. We are going to be good this year but it’s been 15 years since we won 10 games and 13 since we won 8. Hafley right now can only sell BC’s positive non+football attributes so far. At the end of the day, we need to start winning again to land big recruits.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:03 pm

This kid is very good and would be a big recruit for BC but let 's slow our roll here for a minute. It's Catholic Memorial.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This kid is very good and would be a big recruit for BC but let 's slow our roll here for a minute. It's Catholic Memorial.

It’s entirely likely that the CM kid was just confused by the whole BCU thing and looked elsewhere once he realized that the Terriers no longer field a team.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:13 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:According to 247, we have offered 11 Mass kids. This has to be the most since the Bicknell days. And unlike then, they are all D1 recruits.
Hafley offered the 3 CM kids as FR and has since offered another. Now that the best told him to shove it, what will Hafley do?

He should call Trump for advise on wall building.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

Hearing he is looking for more NIL $
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:44 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

He decommitted

Hearing he is looking for more NIL $

Being a superstar in Boston could really help a local kid with NIL $. I know ND is great, but you are one of many. Imagine what Ryan or Herzlich could have made. Esp Herzy with his story.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:46 am

You would think, right? Except, my guess is, that like everything else having to do with athletics, we are doing very little in that regard. BC is an extremely affluent school with a very affluent alumni base. Unfortunately, we also have leadership that is the opposite of visionary and forward thinking, and is so disdainful of athletics that it has let it largely wither on the vine while the alumni have become apathetic or outright disinterested.

Let's ignore Notre Dame and Duke--both of which have an athletic cache we can't match but are also being very aggressive with respect to NIL and making sure they can win bidding wars against some of the less well-funded baby rapists. Marcus Freeman may be a great recruiter, but I highly doubt they'd have gotten a commitment from Keon Keeley over Bama or Brenan Vernon over OSU without some serious NIL cash.

But looking at our weight class, what about Vanderbilt? When the NIL thing landed, the school's president and AD stated they viewed this as an opportunity to use the one advantage they had over everyone in the SEC not named Texas A&M to level the playing field. The AD at one point said something to the effect of "I've got more billionaires then the rest of the SEC outside of A&M combined" and in 2022 they promptly go from recruiting classes in the previous ten years that careened between 50 and 60 to the number 31 or 32 class in the country in 2022. That ranking is 5 spots higher than the best class Franklin ever pulled in. It would appear that their rank for 2023 will be around 25 if things go the way everyone expects with commitments. Do you really think that BC couldn't put together an NIL program with Wall Street alums (yes, technically they wouldn't be doing it, but if you don't think the ADs at other schools aren't coordinating with boosters I don't know what to tell you) that is superior to 85% of the schools out there? Being in a "pro town" like Boston has always been viewed as a disadvantage, but is it a disadvantage if you are getting paid and living in a top media market? Maybe, maybe not, but visionary leadership would test the waters.

And the bigger issue is where this thing is headed. The pay for play is already out of the bottle. This isn't going to end until there is some separation of college football from the NCAA and the something like four 12 team divisions. My guess is we'd be left out at this time unless we showed a willingness to enter the arms race. Boston is a nice media market, but the College Football League, or whatever they'd call it, would probably figure that schools like Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. would bring enough eyeballs from the market that they wouldn't need a school that couldn't adapt to the new football landscape.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:01 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:You would think, right? Except, my guess is, that like everything else having to do with athletics, we are doing very little in that regard. BC is an extremely affluent school with a very affluent alumni base. Unfortunately, we also have leadership that is the opposite of visionary and forward thinking, and is so disdainful of athletics that it has let it largely wither on the vine while the alumni have become apathetic or outright disinterested.

Let's ignore Notre Dame and Duke--both of which have an athletic cache we can't match but are also being very aggressive with respect to NIL and making sure they can win bidding wars against some of the less well-funded baby rapists. Marcus Freeman may be a great recruiter, but I highly doubt they'd have gotten a commitment from Keon Keeley over Bama or Brenan Vernon over OSU without some serious NIL cash.

But looking at our weight class, what about Vanderbilt? When the NIL thing landed, the school's president and AD stated they viewed this as an opportunity to use the one advantage they had over everyone in the SEC not named Texas A&M to level the playing field. The AD at one point said something to the effect of "I've got more billionaires then the rest of the SEC outside of A&M combined" and in 2022 they promptly go from recruiting classes in the previous ten years that careened between 50 and 60 to the number 31 or 32 class in the country in 2022. That ranking is 5 spots higher than the best class Franklin ever pulled in. It would appear that their rank for 2023 will be around 25 if things go the way everyone expects with commitments. Do you really think that BC couldn't put together an NIL program with Wall Street alums (yes, technically they wouldn't be doing it, but if you don't think the ADs at other schools aren't coordinating with boosters I don't know what to tell you) that is superior to 85% of the schools out there? Being in a "pro town" like Boston has always been viewed as a disadvantage, but is it a disadvantage if you are getting paid and living in a top media market? Maybe, maybe not, but visionary leadership would test the waters.

And the bigger issue is where this thing is headed. The pay for play is already out of the bottle. This isn't going to end until there is some separation of college football from the NCAA and the something like four 12 team divisions. My guess is we'd be left out at this time unless we showed a willingness to enter the arms race. Boston is a nice media market, but the College Football League, or whatever they'd call it, would probably figure that schools like Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. would bring enough eyeballs from the market that they wouldn't need a school that couldn't adapt to the new football landscape.

NCAA is going to reign NIL in soon due to pressure by the ACC and PAC-12.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:20 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:You would think, right? Except, my guess is, that like everything else having to do with athletics, we are doing very little in that regard. BC is an extremely affluent school with a very affluent alumni base. Unfortunately, we also have leadership that is the opposite of visionary and forward thinking, and is so disdainful of athletics that it has let it largely wither on the vine while the alumni have become apathetic or outright disinterested.
w football landscape.

How so?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:23 pm

how? the ncaa had an impressive 9-0 ruling against them last summer when they tried to limit player compensation
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:33 pm

i can't decide if hansen is more retarded for suggesting the ncaa is going to "reign in the nil" or duchie/claver are more retarded for asking hansen the retard to explain one of his retarded positions
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i can't decide if hansen is more retarded for suggesting the ncaa is going to "reign in the nil" or duchie/claver are more retarded for asking hansen the retard to explain one of his retarded positions

It's a valid conundrum.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:16 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
w football landscape.

How so?

My guess it will be implemented at the conference level where each conference "mysteriously" adopts the same rules.
NIL money will still be available but their will be guidelines/restrictions.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:how? the ncaa had an impressive 9-0 ruling against them last summer when they tried to limit player compensation

It said the NCAA itself could not prevent athletes from earning "education related benefits". Nothing about the conferences doing it.
In addition, some of these deals seem pretty difficult to qualify as that.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:21 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i can't decide if hansen is more retarded for suggesting the ncaa is going to "reign in the nil" or duchie/claver are more retarded for asking hansen the retard to explain one of his retarded positions

It's a valid conundrum.

Whatever you say, Major General.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:56 pm

you created a thread devoted to asking nospace questions
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

yes, and?!?!?! if you don't see the benefit of setting up a corral to keep the dumb interred while the rest of us are free to move about the country, i don't know what to tell you
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:18 pm

as impenetrable as trumps WALL (as described in the c.a.n.)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:09 pm

God Hansen is stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

yes, and?!?!?! if you don't see the benefit of setting up a corral to keep the dumb interred while the rest of us are free to move about the country, i don't know what to tell you

A dedicated thread where you and AC can debate* IB (and could not do so on any other thread) could be the greatest thing to ever happen to messagebourding.

*Think Eddy Sanabria playing fetch with Marge
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium