Mara Family vs Brian Flores

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Mara Family vs Brian Flores

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:48 am

So... apparently Flores turned down millions when fired by the Dolphins so he could file the lawsuit.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:30 pm

As noted earlier, he will be fine. One year with Tomlin. Sure he won't get a job though, since the NFL is so tough and shit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:45 am

Now Flores is attempting to kiss Belichick's ass. Man, he must be pissed at his slip and fall lawyer pals from Poly Prep. That was some really bad advice.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:59 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Now Flores is attempting to kiss Belichick's ass. Man, he must be pissed at his slip and fall lawyer pals from Poly Prep. That was some really bad advice.

Belichick:

Imagef
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:29 pm

People pretending to know what Belichick thinks when they're just chasing their agenda is amusing.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:36 pm

I'm sorry I missed this since I was skipping stupid this week.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:BC Guy vs BC Guys.

I am surprised this has not been brought up before on this board. :ace

If the Giants already complied with the Rooney rule why did they bother bringing Flores for an in-person?

Flores going scorched earth probably cost him a job offer. In my opinion. Did he get bad advice? :ace

I generally believe Flores was given bad legal advice however the Maras are getting an awful lot of benefit of the doubt for having been among the most incompetent NFL owners for the last decade

Agree, some greedy scumbag lawyer thought the current political cycle would help a millionaire win a shitty case vs a billionaire. Bad move. He had a bright future ahead of him. I would have 2nd thoughts about hiring him as even a D-line coach.

Why? He's a really good coach. Having second thoughts about hiring him is proving his point.

Why is that proving his point? I would have hired him in a second before he filed the lawsuit and showed himself to be an untrustworthy sneak. The second thoughts are about him being litigious and unable to keep a confidence. I do all the hiring here, if I look someone up and see that they are litigious, I throw the resume out, I dont care how good he/she is. I dont need trouble or people having to look over their shoulders. I also dont want someone who I need to walk on eggshells with and can be frank with. He did this all to himself.

Stop. Excuses are like assholes.

You don't check whether someone you're looking to hire has sued their previous employers?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:30 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

If the Giants already complied with the Rooney rule why did they bother bringing Flores for an in-person?

Flores going scorched earth probably cost him a job offer. In my opinion. Did he get bad advice? :ace

I generally believe Flores was given bad legal advice however the Maras are getting an awful lot of benefit of the doubt for having been among the most incompetent NFL owners for the last decade

Agree, some greedy scumbag lawyer thought the current political cycle would help a millionaire win a shitty case vs a billionaire. Bad move. He had a bright future ahead of him. I would have 2nd thoughts about hiring him as even a D-line coach.

Why? He's a really good coach. Having second thoughts about hiring him is proving his point.

Why is that proving his point? I would have hired him in a second before he filed the lawsuit and showed himself to be an untrustworthy sneak. The second thoughts are about him being litigious and unable to keep a confidence. I do all the hiring here, if I look someone up and see that they are litigious, I throw the resume out, I dont care how good he/she is. I dont need trouble or people having to look over their shoulders. I also dont want someone who I need to walk on eggshells with and can be frank with. He did this all to himself.

You don't check whether someone you're looking to hire has sued their previous employers?

Fair point but leaning towards apples and oranges.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:09 pm

Not really. If he was willing to do this to his previous employer, what is to stop him from doing it to you when you inevitably fire him? Keep in mind that's how most employment relationships in the NFL end, with the coach getting fired. Often with lots of acrimony and unhappiness.

Nothing racist about trying to avoid a known litigation risk. Just good business. There's lots of other good black coaches to hire instead.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 pm

Winning is everything. Pretty sure most of these guys don't mind getting sued.

It's also a moot point since he's already been hired.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Fair point but leaning towards apples and oranges.

Not really, I don't hire someone if there is any litigation in their history against an employer, there are so many options out there, why worry yourself with someone with any history. Not worth the worry.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 pm

Okay
Last edited by twballgame9 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:24 pm

sounds good
Last edited by twballgame9 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:05 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:sounds good

It also happens to be true--even at super progressive Silicon Valley shops that are woke as hell for public consumption (and to keep the coding chimps happy).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:27 am

I agree with the premise in almost every normal work environment. This isn't one. Which is why he's already working.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:25 am

He's working because he is a good coach and it takes whatever possibility he had of prevailing in a discovery fishing expedition. It also puts him in a situation where he can't complain about racism. If he does a good job, great, if he apologizes enough maybe someday he gets another chance. But given the fact that Pittsburgh is almost certainly going to suck for years to come, in a couple of years he can be jettisoned without any muss or fuss.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium