2021-22 Season

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021-22 Season

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:if we're keeping it in the family it's one of the two assistants when this thing was really rolling (cav was here long enough he counts)

as for truly externals, we pay york a lot more than leaman makes at pc :shrug

If you are going external then go hire Leaman. He has no connection to Providence (think he is a SUNY Gym Teacher School alum) and would jump for the hire salary and more prestigious program/greater resources, etc. Not sure if that will happen however. From what I recall, Gladchuk got a lot of shit for initially hiring Milbury (a Colgate grad) before Captain Filthy Mouth left for the Islanders a couple of weeks later. We have not had a non-alum as the head coach of the program coaching actual games since Fred Rocque in 1927 (Dartmouth grad/Canadian Mercenary), and he appears to be the only one since the first records of the program were kept in 1917. That is a lot of tradition to flush, especially with BU keeping it in the family.

I don't care either way. Minnesota went with a Notre Dame grad over alumni objections and won a couple of national championships. Wisconsin never cared about that sort of thing until Jeff Sauer made the alums mad, and Eaves one lucky bullshit national title aside, its been a pretty bleak run by Wisco standards in the Eaves/Granato era.

I have a source at Avon Old Farms that says Leetch is getting the nod. :ace

No doubt shared during the Saturday lunch at the Winged Foot Grill Room.

or the party mansion (nothing sexual)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:if we're keeping it in the family it's one of the two assistants when this thing was really rolling (cav was here long enough he counts)

If you are going external then go hire Leaman. He has no connection to Providence (think he is a SUNY Gym Teacher School alum) and would jump for the hire salary and more prestigious program/greater resources, etc. Not sure if that will happen however. From what I recall, Gladchuk got a lot of shit for initially hiring Milbury (a Colgate grad) before Captain Filthy Mouth left for the Islanders a couple of weeks later. We have not had a non-alum as the head coach of the program coaching actual games since Fred Rocque in 1927 (Dartmouth grad/Canadian Mercenary), and he appears to be the only one since the first records of the program were kept in 1917. That is a lot of tradition to flush, especially with BU keeping it in the family.

I don't care either way. Minnesota went with a Notre Dame grad over alumni objections and won a couple of national championships. Wisconsin never cared about that sort of thing until Jeff Sauer made the alums mad, and Eaves one lucky bullshit national title aside, its been a pretty bleak run by Wisco standards in the Eaves/Granato era.

Party mansion and the Grill Room at Winged Foot can be the same thing. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:39 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Does Winged Foot still have a Men's Grill? One of the more disappointing things that occurred at SHCC during the course of my now 20+ years of membership was the abolition of the Men's Grill. Fortunately, despite the locality's extreme left wing politics, WGCC maintains a grill where one can smoke cigars, tell inappropriate jokes and watch sports without being interrupted or pestered by spouses. And Burning Tree may be the last beacon of hope for this culturally marxist swamp.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:08 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Does Winged Foot still have a Men's Grill? One of the more disappointing things that occurred at SHCC during the course of my now 20+ years of membership was the abolition of the Men's Grill. Fortunately, despite the locality's extreme left wing politics, WGCC maintains a grill where one can smoke cigars, tell inappropriate jokes and watch sports without being interrupted or pestered by spouses. And Burning Tree may be the last beacon of hope for this culturally marxist swamp.

Women are members and smoking cigars inside is not a thing but watching sports and telling inappropriate jokes is still a thing. They added another bar which has been a big success. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:10 pm

rumor is logi has migrated to north end tavern in new ro to dine with iona's finest rick pitino
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:25 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:rumor is logi has migrated to north end tavern in new ro to dine with iona's finest rick pitino

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:47 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Women are members and smoking cigars inside is not a thing but watching sports and telling inappropriate jokes is still a thing. They added another bar which has been a big success. :ace

Friend of mine related recently that he bumped into some-odd family member of his ex at WF. Fortunately bygones were bygones and they had a good laugh. Good to see that sort of congeniality still exists.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:28 pm

I still think it is probably time to have the talk, but I have to give Coach Champion credit for the last couple of weekends. I get the sense from Hockey nerd Twitter that Northeastern is not happy with the prospect of facing us in the quarterfinals and are hoping that UNH takes us out or that Merrimack or Providence suck the pipe on Wednesday. For those that didn’t watch, we choked the life out of UMASS both nights. Honestly, with a bit of puck luck, neither game should have been close. We hit a lot of posts.

If we get Northeastern, I think we take them out. Probably win the semifinal as well, but will almost certainly lose the final and the chance to go to the tournament because that is how we have rolled over the last few years.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:40 am

definitely agreed on the talk

only so far you can go with a goalie rocking a .897 save % (though he's been very good the last 3 games)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:34 pm

Blowing a 2 goal 3rd period lead and heading to OT because a guy who had 8 goals all season has a hat trick tonight sums up this team. And Jesus Christ, Eric Dop is terrible. Even when he makes saves he fights the puck and gives up juicy rebounds. BC has a minute and half left on a PP to start overtime. My guess is that if they don’t convert, UNH will win as Dop is shakier in net than Biden holding a press conference.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:14 pm

Welp, I guess UNH’s penchant for choking was more powerful than this BC teams penchant for losing. On to the Fighting IBs.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:13 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Blowing a 2 goal 3rd period lead and heading to OT because a guy who had 8 goals all season has a hat trick tonight sums up this team. And Jesus Christ, Eric Dop is terrible. Even when he makes saves he fights the puck and gives up juicy rebounds. BC has a minute and half left on a PP to start overtime. My guess is that if they don’t convert, UNH will win as Dop is shakier in net than Biden holding a press conference.

please don't trigger hansen to posting on the hockey weirdo thread

this game perfectly summed up the season. as you said earlier, as bad as this team is, i'm sure the nospaces aren't happy to see bc on saturday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:26 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Blowing a 2 goal 3rd period lead and heading to OT because a guy who had 8 goals all season has a hat trick tonight sums up this team. And Jesus Christ, Eric Dop is terrible. Even when he makes saves he fights the puck and gives up juicy rebounds. BC has a minute and half left on a PP to start overtime. My guess is that if they don’t convert, UNH will win as Dop is shakier in net than Biden holding a press conference.

this game perfectly summed up the season. as you said earlier, as bad as this team is, i'm sure the nospaces aren't happy to see bc on saturday

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:54 am

And so it ends. As they did all year, this team did just enough to lose. Sloppy when it mattered, just not good enough to get the job done in the clutch. Coach Champion deserves a farewell tour, but it is probably time to tell him that this coming year is exit time. It’s been a while since this team was nationally relevant—even the two “good seasons” we had since Johnny G departed there was never a sense that we had a real chance of winning the national championship—even with two emerging star NHL goaltenders in Demko and Knight, along with another in Joe Woll who has looked good as of late when he has been called up to Toronto and who the Maple Leafs keep saying is developing well and is expected to be an NHL goalie for a long time.

Anyway, Greg Brown has Dubuque in the position of the best record in both the Eastern Conference and overall in the USHL. I am guessing that he didn’t decide to go from living in Scituate and then Rye, NY to living in Dubuque, IA without having a strategy for doing so. If BC is going to stick with the modern era tradition of only having BC alums head coaching BC hockey (which admittedly was only preserved because thankfully, Mike Milbury is a douche) then I’d guess it’s going to be Brown. If they are going to abandon that tradition and go outside the family, so to speak, then there shouldn’t be a college coach
outside of Wisconsin, Minnesota, UND, Michigan, BU, who we shouldn’t be able to get if we want them.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:45 pm

The last update on Jerry York's contract was in 2019 and it said he was extended through this season.

Is Jerry silently retiring?
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:46 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:encouraging media news: https://hockeyeastonline.com/articles/2 ... h-espn.php

The fact I can't watch NESN in Fairfield County will never cease to enrage me
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:43 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:encouraging media news: https://hockeyeastonline.com/articles/2 ... h-espn.php

The fact I can't watch NESN in Fairfield County will never cease to enrage me

The fact that I can watch NESN in New York County will forever make me happy. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:01 am

Im still waiting for work on York.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:20 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Im still waiting for work on York.

like a facelift? you worried about a joan rivers situation?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:51 pm

Jerry York '67, the winningest coach in NCAA hockey history, five-time NCAA champion, National Hockey League and U.S. Hockey hall of famer, and beloved Boston College ambassador and University citizen, has announced his retirement after 50 years of Division I coaching and 28 years as coach of the Eagles.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:55 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:The last update on Jerry York's contract was in 2019 and it said he was extended through this season.

Is Jerry silently retiring?

Content.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:47 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Apologies for interrupting your Fordham Prep circle jerk!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:20 pm

If you are looking for a circle jerk I would suggest you find some Iona Prep alums.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:03 pm

Why did you include “IF” in the question to Hansen (as if there was a possibility that he wasn’t looking for one)?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Why did you include “IF” in the question to Hansen (as if there was a possibility that he wasn’t looking for one)?

That is a fair point. My apologies.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink