First College Football Playoff Poll

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Which 4 teams will be listed at the top? You may pick up to 4.

Poll ended at Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:25 am

Alabama
6%
Michigan State
6%
Wake Forest
No votes
Georgia
8%
Cincinnati
6%
Oklahoma
6%
Ohio State
3%
Oregon
No votes
Notre Dame
No votes
Michigan
No votes
Scrush2
3%
Pearl Necklace
14%
ATLEagle is a bully
6%
EagleCaddy deserved having his mod powers removed
6%
Hansen prefers the company of men
19%
There have been a large number of dumb polls on this website, but this may be one of the dumbest
19%

Total votes : 36

Re: First College Football Playoff Poll

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:10 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:You wrote a post about BYU and Wake Forest, and no you can't take that away. Lets discredit it, let's pick away at it, you should skip the football commentary and focus on the impulse aisle layouts at CostCo.

Wake Forest has no meaningful numbers of alumni, not compared to SEC and B1G-T(14)N schools. Look where an undefeated Wake Forest was ranked in the first poll? They were way down. You think a playoff committee wants to see the stands as empty for a playoff game as they were when Matt Ryan played that first week of December in Jacksonville? Would Wake Forest be ranked higher than Oklahoma if they beat UNC? God only knows but I would say, not bloody likely. They would be #9 just like they were (and should not have been) last week.

BYU wasn't undefeated in the first poll. In fact, they have 2 losses. Yes I said a 13-0 ACC team (even Wake Forest) would be in the playoffs over pretty much ANY one-loss Power-5 team because, well, Wake Forest IS power-5. They would be in the playoffs and you would demand it. But once again, you think the playoff committee wants to see the stands as full for that game as they were the first week of December in Jacksonville in 2007? They would do everything they possibly CAN to rationally prevent that from happening.

I don't know what point you are making. I am just trying to make sense of why Oklahoma is being fucking screwed right now.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:37 pm

Bye bye Sooners
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 pm

Alright, with Oklahoma and Wake Forest out, the Oregon-Utah game this weekend is everything for Cincinnati. Everything. They don't really give a shit about Alabama (making the assumption that Alabama can't be beaten prior to the SEC championship.) And all the Michigan State-Ohio State game will do is winnow the field one way or the other. All eyes in Cincinnati are on Oregon at Utah.

Problem is, Oregon owns Utah. They own them. They seem to dominate the Utes in a way that not many other Pac-12 teams do. I'm not sure things will be all that different this year. But we'll see. I think Utah is favored for some reason. If Utah wins, Cincinnati holds serve for the season and they are in the playoffs.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:09 pm

Bye bye Oregon.

Okay Bearcats, you're all clear kid now lets blow this thing and go home.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:48 am

The college football playoff poll is the only poll that matters (which comes out tomorrow) but I found this poll interesting none-the-less

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... d=msedgntp

Coaches Poll
Rank Team Record Points (No. 1 votes)
1 Georgia 11-0 1,550 (62)
2 Alabama 10-1 1,450
3 Ohio State 10-1 1,428
4 Cincinnati 11-0 1,388
5 Notre Dame 10-1 1,258
6 Michigan 10-1 1,250

There is a big drop from 1 to 2, 100 full points.

Then from 2 to 4, very shallow drops. The difference in points for Cincinnati compared to Alabama is less than the difference in Alabama to Georgia.

Then there is another big drop (biggest drop in the top 5) from 4 to 5.

What I said for the coaches poll goes double for the AP. Same dramatic drops from 1 to 2 and 4 to 5, and an even more shallow drop from 2 to 4.

AP Top 25
Rank Team Record Points (No. 1 votes)
1 Georgia 11-0 1,550 (62)
2 Ohio State 10-1 1,434
3 Alabama 10-1 1,423
4 Cincinnati 11-0 1,416
5 Notre Dame 10-1 1,262
6 Michigan 10-1 1,246

I expect that the top four tomorrow night will look like the top 4 right here. And if the points in the college football playoff poll are similar, then the only team that can actually lose a game and still make the playoffs is Georgia. And the only game they can lose is the SEC championship (and it better be close.) The rest? If they win out, no one should be able to leap frog them.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:13 am

Officially

1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Alabama
4 Cincinnati
5 Michigan
6 Notre Dame

So to get in the playoffs in 2021, just wear a red uniform
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Ohio State OWNS Harbaugh. I don't think he's ever beaten them. Actually, I am shocked he hasn't been fired yet.

Will this be the year Harbaugh beats them? I think they are in Ann Arbor. I don't think it will make any difference, I expect the Buckeyes will just out-athlete Michigan. Either way, I'm sure all the 5th wheel trailers and RVs that didn't arrive tonight (if they open the tailgate parking to overnight guests the way REAL universities should) will be lined up on the I-75 exit at 5AM tomorrow morning in total darkness.

Winner plays Wisconsin (most likely) in the B1G-T(14)N championship (assuming Wisconsin wins this weekend.) Beat Wisconsin, and you are in the playoffs.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:38 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Officially

1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Alabama
4 Cincinnati
5 Michigan
6 Notre Dame

So to get in the playoffs in 2021, just wear a red uniform

Haf-time is sitting at 6 wins even in the "year of the red uniform"

How much more evidence do some of you need?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:55 pm

Ohio State.... OUT
Michigan... IN
Cincinnati... UP

Bearcats are #3 in the country, right now.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:06 pm

#1 Georgia
#2 Michigan
#3 Alabama
#4 Cincinnati
#5 OK State
#6 Notre Dame

So the Cowboys leapfrog Notre Dame and Michigan leap frogs almost everyone. Yeah, I'd say that's right. Michigan is one "ch" away from being 12-0. I agree with the poll.

Of course they may hate it in South Bend. The Georgia-Alabama game gave them real hope. They don't have much hope now. And with Brian Kelly leaving...
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:04 pm

ND will jump one of GA/AL. Losing to Bama is a very Georgia thing to do and I wouldnt be surprised if it happens. Cinci and Okie St should take care of business.

I wonder about Michigan.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:26 am

If ND won the ACC championship, it would give Domers an excuse to leap frog other winners, but without that game they could see themselves on the outside looking in.

That Cinn loss has to hurt.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:11 am

one loss georgia still clearly gets in. if bama losing to an unranked team doesn't keep them out, georgia losing to #3 won't keep them out either

sure, that will make brian kelly mad enough to kill someone, so the domers may find all their student mangers heading for ze hills until the spring semester
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:03 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:If ND won the ACC championship, it would give Domers an excuse to leap frog other winners, but without that game they could see themselves on the outside looking in.

That Cinn loss has to hurt.

If Sankey is as evil as Bowlsby will tell you, then he should issue orders that 'Bama beat Georgia this Saturday. Assuming Michigan doesn't choke that leaves one spot remaining. Then it's on Bowlsby to decide if he wants to be similarly evil and ensure ensure Okie State wins. He does that, and the Committee should come through in a makeup for this summer.
Last edited by OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:one loss georgia still clearly gets in. if bama losing to an unranked team doesn't keep them out, georgia losing to #3 won't keep them out either

sure, that will make brian kelly mad enough to kill someone, so the domers may find all their student mangers heading for ze hills until the spring semester

Alabama ranked #3 after losing to an unranked, 8-4 Texas A&M and needing 4OTs to beat a 6-5 Auburn is outrageous.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:52 pm

Fickell is all business. He will not talk about the college football playoffs. Its Houston, that's it.

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:47 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:one loss georgia still clearly gets in. if bama losing to an unranked team doesn't keep them out, georgia losing to #3 won't keep them out either

Alabama ranked #3 after losing to an unranked, 8-4 Texas A&M and needing 4OTs to beat a 6-5 Auburn is outrageous.

I agree with tre about Georgia. They can lose the SEC championship, they will just drop to #4 in the country or whatever. They are a lock for the playoffs.

None of the others are locks IMHO. Michigan, Alabama, and Cincinnati all have to win. And I also agree with Murt. Alabama should not be ranked #3 given what happened with Auburn and the loss to T A&M. Alabama is just being given the "BAMA" and is over-valued at #3. Of course I am not sure that Ok-State could be ranked higher than Alabama given their loss to Iowa State. Which loss is worse? Both losses suck.

Maybe?

#1 Georgia
#2 Michigan
#3 Cincinnati
#4 Notre Dame
#5 (tie) OK-State and Alabama

At least this way, the teams in the top 4 with one loss each, their losses do not suck. If Alabama beats Georgia (they might), then send Alabama back to #1, Georgia to #4, and Domers suck a lemon.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:39 pm

killer kelly announcing pre-bowl games is all the indication you need that the dome received word that they are out, no matter what.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:killer kelly announcing pre-bowl games is all the indication you need that the dome received word that they are out, no matter what.

Not because its impossible for them to be Top 4, but because the NCAA doesn't want to have to show the National Championship on Peacock
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:51 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

Yes, and they still beat Cinci by 6 TDs
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:23 pm

didn't see this offense coming from bama
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:didn't see this offense coming from bama

Georgia's QB is terrible.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:29 pm

This was predictable.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This was predictable.

Nick Saban… greatest collegiate coach of all time? In a big game, I can’t think of anyone else I would pick over him.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm

I was kidding. I had GA in the EO poll.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:40 pm

Georgia’s best win was against 8-4 Arkansas. They’d have been, at best, the 3rd best team in the SEC West. College football just sucks.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This was predictable.

Nick Saban… greatest collegiate coach of all time? In a big game, I can’t think of anyone else I would pick over him.

With OK-State losing and Notre Dame not playing, things are much-much easier on the panel now. Notre Dame can't get into the playoffs if Cincinnati can't be there either. So the Bearcats must be in at 13-0. Alabama goes to #2. Michigan goes to #1.

Tomorrow the polls (should) be

#1 Michigan
#2 Alabama
#3 Cincinnati
#4 Georgia
----big fucking drop---
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Ole Miss
#7 Pitt
#8 Baylor
#9 Ohio State
#10 Utah (and they really are a lot better than 10)
---------------
(noise)
BYWho?
Oregon?????
OK-State?????
Iowa?????
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:48 pm

Well that's it. I totally fucked up the rankings of the top 4 teams but it doesn't matter. But I got the games right.

Alabama plays Cincinnati and Georgia plays Michigan. Winners of those two games play each other for the national championship.

Done.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:06 pm

Straight
Cincinnati U
+410
Cincinnati U at Alabama
Dec 31st 1:30 PM

Money Line
Wager
$10.00
To Win
$41.00
Total Odds
+410
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:11 pm

games tomorrow

enjoy

and Happy New Year
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium