Transfers

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Transfers

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:40 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Joe Sparacio has entered The Portal. Played special teams this season.

Hugh Davis as well. I guess these two don't care about the Fenway Bowl experience?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:01 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Joe Sparacio has entered The Portal. Played special teams this season.

Hugh Davis as well. I guess these two don't care about the Fenway Bowl experience?

Two gently used jr LBs. Based on Hafley's presser yesterday I think we will see a bunch of 5th/6th year guys that were told they will not be getting an extra year. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:04 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Two gently used jr LBs. Based on Hafley's presser yesterday I think we will see a bunch of 5th/6th year guys that were told they will not be getting an extra year. :ace

What I figured. They are both in their 4th year so BC did not have to offer them another year. Davis had a few non-garbage time snaps at LB this season; I don't think Sparacio had any.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:34 am

I would not be surprised if Sparacio's landing spot was in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:52 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I would not be surprised if Sparacio's landing spot was in Fort Collins, Colorado.

assuming t.s. slaughter keeps his job. i have to figure they are tired of his antics and lack of results
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:31 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I would not be surprised if Sparacio's landing spot was in Fort Collins, Colorado.

assuming t.s. slaughter keeps his job. i have to figure they are tired of his antics and lack of results

Supposedly Addazio's buyout goes from $5 million today to $3 million December 1. If they are going to fire him, it will be later this week.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:35 am

this
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:50 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Supposedly Addazio's buyout goes from $5 million today to $3 million December 1. If they are going to fire him, it will be later this week.

what does it drop to next year? maybe they'll just hope he gets ejected from the game in the first half 12 times next year and then fire him
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:39 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

what does it drop to next year? maybe they'll just hope he gets ejected from the game in the first half 12 times next year and then fire him

Take this fwiw … I was told by someone who is VERY close to Addazio from his CTHS days, that he is angling to get back to Temple now that Carey was fired … no clue if the feeling is mutual, but man, if he’s able to get fired from a second job in 2 years and roll it into a HC gig, you’d have to give that idiot some credit
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Spencer Rattler has entered The Portal. We should bring him in to backup Phil.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Spencer Rattler has entered The Portal. We should bring him in to backup Phil.

I believe the argument advanced by the P&D posters is actually that we should have done that last year.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Jake Bobo, WR from Duke is entering the portal. Had almost 800 yards this year and three 100-yd games. 6'5" from North Andover. We should be able to find room for him assuming he wants to come home, no?
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Jahmyr Gibbs from GT into the portal. He’ll go pretty much wherever he wants.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:45 am

This aged well: https://www.bcheights.com/2017/12/23/scouting-boston-college-footballs-early-signing-day-recruiting-class/
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:03 am

woof sometimes tgosb rankings aren't wrong
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:40 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Spencer Rattler has entered The Portal. We should bring him in to backup Phil.

I believe the argument advanced by the P&D posters is actually that we should have done that last year.

Parker McQuarrie has entered The Portal. He is from NH and a brother of a former BC TE. Wonder if he would be interested in holding a clipboard?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:58 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Jake Bobo, WR from Duke is entering the portal. Had almost 800 yards this year and three 100-yd games. 6'5" from North Andover. We should be able to find room for him assuming he wants to come home, no?

I have a feeling he is a Don Brown guy.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:14 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Jake Bobo, WR from Duke is entering the portal. Had almost 800 yards this year and three 100-yd games. 6'5" from North Andover. We should be able to find room for him assuming he wants to come home, no?

Well, he should have no trouble bringing Duke's loser tradition to that sorry program.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:30 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Well, he should have no trouble bringing Duke's loser tradition to that sorry program.

That feels a bit harsh
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:56 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

dear nospace.

you are not smart.

your pal,

tanner boyle
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Andy Staples has a pretty interesting article about coaches recruiting QBs from the portal vs. high schools. I don't take all the quotes seriously, but I do wonder about how the free transfer will impact depth at the position.

Staples reports:
In the class of 2017, 173 high school quarterbacks signed scholarship papers with FBS schools. Five years later, only 113 high school quarterbacks are committed to FBS schools. A handful more will commit and sign on Dec. 15, but the final number will be dramatically lower than the year when 2022’s super seniors signed.

It seems like the question is akin to whether you take on a JUCO, except that you're evaluating players who have actually played in FBS (or I guess FCS). As for the number of "free transfers", can't they get two rather than one: one as undergrads and then once they graduate. Regardless, the extra year has to be distorting the market for QBs and other players, beyond the more flexible transfer rules. I would imagine it's harder to stockpile QBs so that you have an effective backup given the transfer rule, but on the other hand it's easier to get a good starter because of said rule.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Taisun Phommachanh has entered The Portal. Another prospect to hold a clipboard for us next season!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:48 pm

Ohio St’s QB recruit for ‘21 Quinn Evers is transferring. I doubt Hafley had any connection with him
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:52 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Ohio St’s QB recruit for ‘21 Quinn Evers is transferring. I doubt Hafley had any connection with him

Hafley doesn’t have any connection with him but one of our incoming frosh does as they played at the same high school. My hope is that Hafley and Phil had their end of year conversation. If Phil is staying I would expect us to be quiet on the portal QBs. If Phil is leaving I think you would see/hear some chatter.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Ohio St’s QB recruit for ‘21 Quinn Evers is transferring. I doubt Hafley had any connection with him

Hafley doesn’t have any connection with him but one of our incoming frosh does as they played at the same high school. My hope is that Hafley and Phil had their end of year conversation. If Phil is staying I would expect us to be quiet on the portal QBs. If Phil is leaving I think you would see/hear some chatter.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:31 am

He’s going back to Texas, apparently some of his million+ NIL contract had playing time requirements which he certainly wouldn’t hit with Stroud coming back
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:20 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:He’s going back to Texas, apparently some of his million+ NIL contract had playing time requirements which he certainly wouldn’t hit with Stroud coming back

He was going to Texas… but the state has a prohibition on NIL. So, he graduated HS after one game and left for OSU and $1.4mm. I guess the TX law doesn’t prevent monies previously given.

As for Taisun Phommachanh, he’s a Connecticut kid who went to Avon Old Farms. I don’t think you can transfer within the ACC with out sitting a year. But, he’s someone who could benefit from a scenery change and time to develop as a passer. While it will never happen, he’d probably be in a long term better position by taking the reigns at BC in 2024 after a year learning the system.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:20 pm

The portal is key to getting the talent off the bench and into the game. It’s critical to building parity which increases tv ratings. I’m hoping BC can get a couple of defensive lineman and for that matter a couple of offensive lineman. We are really weak on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 pm

DB Lejond Cavazos from tOSU in the portal. Former 4 star recruited by Hafley to tOSU. He has interest in BC.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 02, 2022 7:30 am

4* S from Michigan, went to bergen catholic, on campus this weekend. played mostly ST this year

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Morant-46040100/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy