Hafley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Hafley

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:15 am

I missed this message whole cycle and just heard his commitment statement. This was probably his let chance to leave on potential. Shines going to start to come off if more recurring cycles go and the results stay the same
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:17 am

Also lol to whoever thought usc was in talks with him hours before backing up the brinks truck for Riley
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:08 pm

Just signed a five year extension through 2026.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:50 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Just signed a five year extension through 2026.

So, HJS was right? He said it'd be done either way in a day (and it was).
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:19 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

He was right about the timing. Hafley must think he's cursed, the flu outbreak being the latest Jobian setback. But ultimately upon Jurkovec's return they went 2-2, with a blowout against Wake. That undercuts the notion that he only lost when stuck with Daz's leftovers. Hard to sell post-Wake Hafley to the UW faithful.

The extension had to happen b/c recruiting. But you would think the terms are somewhat less favorable than they would have been if Hafley rejected BC's counteroffer to go to UW. Costs more to buy out Hafley from his contract; BC on the hook for less if he's let go.

I still think he's the right guy for this coming year. Hopefully he learned and is willing to at least move on from Applebaum, and Cignetti as well if Jurkovec goes. We're in better position talentwise than we were post-Daz.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:24-hours ago, the offer was being made to DeBoer (which makes sense). Wonder if they were turned down and now going to the B-list.
https://larrybrownsports.com/college-fo ... ach/587780

DeBoer got the job.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:16 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

He was right about the timing. Hafley must think he's cursed, the flu outbreak being the latest Jobian setback. But ultimately upon Jurkovec's return they went 2-2, with a blowout against Wake. That undercuts the notion that he only lost when stuck with Daz's leftovers. Hard to sell post-Wake Hafley to the UW faithful.

The extension had to happen b/c recruiting. But you would think the terms are somewhat less favorable than they would have been if Hafley rejected BC's counteroffer to go to UW. Costs more to buy out Hafley from his contract; BC on the hook for less if he's let go.

I still think he's the right guy for this coming year. Hopefully he learned and is willing to at least move on from Applebaum, and Cignetti as well if Jurkovec goes. We're in better position talentwise than we were post-Daz.

Looks like Hafley got a 1million per year raise with his average salary going from 3 million to 4 million.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:17 pm

Where are you seeing that?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:54 pm

I hope Hansen’s post is a standard Hansen the retard post because if that is accurate, we are suckers. 4 million for that putrid bullshit?!?!?

what’s next, eddy grant gets coach k money?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:24 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Hello Gentlemen. It’s been too long my friends. My sources at the Yawkey Center are saying the Hafley Era is over, and that Lukabu will coach the bowl game and be Fr Leahy’s preferred candidate long term.

The Hafley Era turned out to be a strange, over before it got going experience. As some of you have said, I like the guy, but leaving Town after 2 seasons and a .500 record is shabby at best. He never even coached a bowl game for BC.

Ok I’ve told you what I know. Been a long day. I’m going to sleep now.

“Matthew has 5!”

Well done!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Where are you seeing that?

It was a tweet by Brett McMurphy but it appears he has deleted it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:19 pm

It's been 717 days.

The entire Mexican-American war lasted 630 days!

What is going on here?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:01 pm

Does Hafley saying Merry Christmas as opposed to Happy Holidays count or are ppl still gonna get their adult diapers in a twist?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:21 pm

I always wondered if Hafley's ultimate goal was a factory or NFL. Does the fact that he is building the program through highschool recruiting and not The Portal suggest that he is a factory guy and not NFL?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:04 pm

For the love of fucking god, I hope Hafley does the name in vain thing soon so Funishment shuts the fuck up. Jesus Christ.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I always wondered if Hafley's ultimate goal was a factory or NFL. Does the fact that he is building the program through highschool recruiting and not The Portal suggest that he is a factory guy and not NFL?

Hafley has been an excellent HS recruiter through out his career. He’s building BC that way because it suits his skill set. He will leave us for a factory in a heartbeat. But, I believe his ultimate goal is the NFL
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I always wondered if Hafley's ultimate goal was a factory or NFL. Does the fact that he is building the program through highschool recruiting and not The Portal suggest that he is a factory guy and not NFL?

Hafley has been an excellent HS recruiter through out his career. He’s building BC that way because it suits his skill set. He will leave us for a factory in a heartbeat. But, I believe his ultimate goal is the NFL

But if his ultimate goal is the NFL, you would think he would go the the quick fix through The Portal. NFL GMs don't care about recruiting, factory ADs do.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:10 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Disagree, I think he wants to be in college and I don’t think he even considers leaving until BC wins an ACC Championship. Would not surprise me whatsoever if he does a long stint here.

There, I said it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:13 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Disagree, I think he wants to be in college and I don’t think he even considers leaving until BC wins an ACC Championship. Would not surprise me whatsoever if he does a long stint here.

There, I said it.

Naive and retarded. Quoting this for posterity. Halfie hasn't has a long stint anywhere. You think he’s going to change his ways for this institution that can’t get out of its own way when screwing itself over? He’s here because the team objectively sucks under him and no one else has come calling. If this batch of shirtless boys with fluid hips turn out to be as good as crumb shirt mike and his cronies claim, halfie won’t be here to see them finish their eligibility
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:35 am

Hafley has used the portal plenty of times. He's not doing anything differently than any other coach. He just pretends the portal isn't his main strategy because it sounds good.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:48 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:It's been 717 days.

What is going on here?

Hafley said “Thank God” in one of his pressers last month.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:18 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

What is going on here?

Thank god.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:26 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

What is going on here?

And this was adequately addressed at exactly the time it happened.

What is your point, sir?

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Burkekq on Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:35 am

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men.
Burkekq
n00b

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:00 am

Burkekq {l Wrote}:And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men.

Matthew 6:5

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:15 am

Burkekq {l Wrote}:And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men.

so you're saying that putting a bunch of jebus stuff in your posting signature is a greater super-sin than not knob-gobbling his dad in every interview?

makes sense to me. i'll not stand next to oralfun for fear of shrapnel from the lightning coming his way
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:25 am

The Wisdom of Agur
30 The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, his utterance. This man declared to Ithiel—to Ithiel and Ucal:

2 Surely I am more stupid than any man,
And do not have the understanding of a man.
3 I neither learned wisdom
Nor have knowledge of the Holy One.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:47 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

But if his ultimate goal is the NFL, you would think he would go the the quick fix through The Portal. NFL GMs don't care about recruiting, factory ADs do.

He only goes to the NFL if he wins. The Portal doesn't guarantee any of that. From the presser, it sounds like there is TONS of competition from factories to land Portal Kids. We were ahead of the curve as it relates to transfers under Daz. But, now it has been normalized (in combination with NIL), we aren't going to be pulling much in that space going forward.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:30 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

He only goes to the NFL if he wins. The Portal doesn't guarantee any of that. From the presser, it sounds like there is TONS of competition from factories to land Portal Kids. We were ahead of the curve as it relates to transfers under Daz. But, now it has been normalized (in combination with NIL), we aren't going to be pulling much in that space going forward.

We hear more about Portal successes (Michigan State this year) than washes (majority of schools) or failures (remainder of schools). Each time you take someone from the Portal, you're saying how much you're willing to have outsiders leapfrog players who have developed in your system. It's easier to do it early in your tour coaching at a school because it's the predecessor's players who get left behind. Plus those transfers serve as prototypes or proof of concept for the first couple classes of recruits.

But like with JUCOs, the more you dip into the transfer well and slot them into the lineup, the more kids think there's a ceiling on their opportunities in your program. So they're less likely to sign with you out of high school, so you need to dip more into the Portal, etc.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:11 pm

3 years in, one of my biggest complaints is how he has used The Portal. The weakest position he inherited coming in was the DL. 3 years later, it is still our achilles. There are 3 transfers on the DL: Onwuka, Terry and Banks. Is this really the best we could do? Terry & Banks couldn't even crack this 2-deep and Onwuka got pushed around today.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium