First College Football Playoff Poll

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Which 4 teams will be listed at the top? You may pick up to 4.

Poll ended at Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:25 am

Alabama
6%
Michigan State
6%
Wake Forest
No votes
Georgia
8%
Cincinnati
6%
Oklahoma
6%
Ohio State
3%
Oregon
No votes
Notre Dame
No votes
Michigan
No votes
Scrush2
3%
Pearl Necklace
14%
ATLEagle is a bully
6%
EagleCaddy deserved having his mod powers removed
6%
Hansen prefers the company of men
19%
There have been a large number of dumb polls on this website, but this may be one of the dumbest
19%

Total votes : 36

First College Football Playoff Poll

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:25 am

Lets take our mind off BC for the moment and talk about something more interesting.

First meaningful poll of the 2021 comes out in less than 36 hours. You need to be in the top 4 to matter (and you need to be there at the end of the season to punch a ticket.) Which teams will be in the top 4 on the poll tomorrow night?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Re: First College Football Playoff Poll

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:47 am

Well, I tried to keep it a serious poll. :shrug
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:23 pm

Okay just a few hours away from the first poll. We'll see if "hansen likes the company of men" made the top 4 on the the CFP poll.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:41 pm

hansen likes the company of men is a darkhorse to be ranked, but i am pretty confident "this is one of the dumbest polls" will be on everyone's lips after the espn dog and pony show tonight

for the record, that doesn't make it any less true that hansen prefers the company of men
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hansen likes the company of men is a darkhorse to be ranked, but i am pretty confident "this is one of the dumbest polls" will be on everyone's lips after the espn dog and pony show tonight

for the record, that doesn't make it any less true that hansen prefers the company of men

I'm just curious if Cincinnati makes the first poll. Fuck everything else (including hansen preferring the company of men)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:58 pm

so you are saying that you don't even need a million dollars to fuck hansen? interesting... i would assume you would charge less for a blow job but here you are giving hansen a million dollar discount to open up the backdoor instead of the esophagus
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:so you are saying that you don't even need a million dollars to fuck hansen? interesting... i would assume you would charge less for a blow job but here you are giving hansen a million dollar discount to open up the backdoor instead of the esophagus

hundred million, not a million. A million wont do it. And why? I would be willing to spend $50 million for some super pill to chemically lobotomize my brain to wipe away any memory of what I did to get the other $50 mil sitting on the table. I want that trauma stripped from my mind forever.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:31 pm

yeah, but hansen will let you be as toothy as you want. that has to take like 25% off the top, doesn't it?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:yeah, but hansen will let you be as toothy as you want. that has to take like 25% off the top, doesn't it?

pfizer is still going to want $50 mil at least for the R&D for that super pill no matter how many teeth hansen lets me use so, no, it really doesn't do it
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:56 pm

pfizer already makes a blue pill that will cost you well less than $50 million and enhance your time with hansen's teeth
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:so you are saying that you don't even need a million dollars to fuck hansen? interesting... i would assume you would charge less for a blow job but here you are giving hansen a million dollar discount to open up the backdoor instead of the esophagus

Why did no one care that Funishment admitted to wanting to suck Steve Bannon’s dick?

Also, this poll is dumb. It didn’t even include scrush4 as an option.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:38 pm

Cincinnati is 6th

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/21/week/10/year/2021/seasontype/2

This totally "sucks off" the SEC

1 Georgia (8-0)
2 Alabama (7-1)
3 Michigan State (8-0)
4 Oregon (7-1)
5 Ohio State (7-1)
6 Cincinnati (8-0)
7 Michigan (7-1)
8 Oklahoma (9-0)
9 Wake Forest (8-0)

Oklahoma and Wake Forest were completely fucked
Last edited by innocentbystander on Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Hansen wishes he was the voters as he’d like to suck off the sec. you know, because he prefers the so pant of men
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:28 am

Giving this a second look, at 6, Cincinnati may very well control its own destiny. The loser of the Ohio State-Michigan State game is out. Right there, Cincinnati would bubble up to 5. And when Alabama plays Georgia, well, if Alabama loses they are definitely out. And if Georgia loses they are likely out. So, yeah.

But Wake Forest and Oklahoma have to be screaming bloody murder about Oregon.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:...Why did no one care that Funishment admitted to wanting to suck Steve Bannon’s dick...

trumpishment admits he's gay for bannon and wants to go in the closet and make mouth and butt babies with him.

if you'd just admit to us (and maybe yourself) that you prefer the company of men - especially in bed, the jokes and comments on here about your gayness would fade and you'd only continue to be made fun of for your clear and defined retardation
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Skip Bayless appears to be :bullshit about Oklahoma

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:18 pm

Wake Forest lost and Michigan State is losing by 10 late in the 3rd quarter.

They are masturbating all over the place in Cincinnati
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:39 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Wake Forest lost and Michigan State is losing by 10 late in the 3rd quarter.

Well said and undoubtedly true.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:40 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Wake Forest lost and Michigan State is losing by 10 late in the 3rd quarter.

Cinn needed a 4th down stop to get passed Tulsa. Undefeated or not, they should not be in the playoff.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:51 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Cinn needed a 4th down stop to get passed Tulsa. Undefeated or not, they should not be in the playoff.

They probably should have been top 4 in the initial rankings. They should not be after this weekend.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:59 am

who should be ahead of them?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:who should be ahead of them?

texas a&m, because they beat alabama OR alabama should not be in the cabal of 4 because they lost to an at-the-time unranked texas a&m.

the inclusion of a 1 (unranked) loss team as #2 is a sign that this whole thing is more fixed than wwe and anyone that tried to argue on merit or detriment is a fool
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

texas a&m, because they beat alabama OR alabama should not be in the cabal of 4 because they lost to an at-the-time unranked texas a&m.

the inclusion of a 1 (unranked) loss team as #2 is a sign that this whole thing is more fixed than wwe and anyone that tried to argue on merit or detriment is a fool

Maybe. We'll soon see tre.

I think Michigan State is out now. That much I'm almost certain. And when I say out I think they drop more than 4 spots. It remains to be seen if Cincinnati (by virtue of winning) if they "bubble up" to 5 OR if they are passed by Oklahoma or whomever. The ACC is out of the playoffs for this year.

Oklahoma might pass Cincinnati to 5 in tomorrow's poll. That wouldn't shock me. But Cincinnati will either still be at 6 or maybe up to 5. They are not dropping after they win. You go down if you lose or if you don't play. You don't drop down when you win. Well, you shouldn't drop down, I'll leave it at that.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:25 pm

I don't think Oregon loses another game before the playoffs. So I think the Pac-12 will actually be in the playoffs this year. But with the Buckeyes having yet to play Michigan, Michigan State, and even Purdue, the B1G-T(14)N runs the risk of not having a team in the playoffs. Its possible.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:07 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Maybe. We'll soon see tre.

I think Michigan State is out now. That much I'm almost certain. And when I say out I think they drop more than 4 spots. It remains to be seen if Cincinnati (by virtue of winning) if they "bubble up" to 5 OR if they are passed by Oklahoma or whomever. The ACC is out of the playoffs for this year.

Oklahoma might pass Cincinnati to 5 in tomorrow's poll. That wouldn't shock me. But Cincinnati will either still be at 6 or maybe up to 5. They are not dropping after they win. You go down if you lose or if you don't play. You don't drop down when you win. Well, you shouldn't drop down, I'll leave it at that.

I looked for the space.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:57 pm

I agree with Oregon's ranking. They are just an overtime loss away from being #2 in the entire country. And had they beaten Stanford in OT, some polls might have them at #1. Since they beat Ohio State (in Columbus no less), there is no possible, logical argument that could have Ohio State ahead of them if Oregon doesn't lose another game. And looking at the schedule (which will probably include two games vs Utah, a team that Oregon "owns") I don't see any obvious losses remaining on it. If they don't stub their toe, they are in.

Ohio State has Michigan State, Purdue, and Michigan left on the regular season schedule. I'd say its a coin flip (at best) for them to win all three games. And really they need to win all FOUR games (B1G-T(14)N championship included) so even less likely.

Michigan State is going to drop like a rock as will Wake Forest. They are both out. And I don't see either one getting back in with Cincinnati winning. And the remainder of Cincinnati's schedule, is not an easy one. They have SMU at home in two weeks and Houston on December 4th. That is enough of a resume to get them to #4 if Georgia knocks off Alabama on the same day (and I expect that they will.)

Assuming Ohio State stubs their toe, right now I think it will end
  • Georgia
  • Oregon
  • Oklahoma
  • Cincinnati
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 pm

Okay so officially (on November 9th)

• Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Oregon
  • Ohio State
  • #5 Cincinnati
  • #6 Michigan

Okay so no real surprises here. Everyone slides up one spot with the Spartans dropping down to 7.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:12 pm

Hard line bad luck on MSU - they beat Michigan head to head, why is Michigan ranked above them? Dogshit and the people who made this poll are worse than the worst alias ever (BCStevenHale narrowly edging all over BCSubmarineHale).
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:38 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Hard line bad luck on MSU - they beat Michigan head to head, why is Michigan ranked above them? Dogshit and the people who made this poll are worse than the worst alias ever (BCStevenHale narrowly edging all over BCSubmarineHale).

If someone had told me that Oklahoma would be 9-0 and be ranked 8th in not the first, but the second college football playoff ranking, ranked 8th behind 5 teams that all had one loss already, I would have said that person was off their rocker. Yes it is bad luck on Michigan State, but worse luck on Oklahoma and the Big-XII.

This SEC and B1G-T(14)N favoritism in the playoff polling, I don't believe it is based on the pollsters thinking these are the best teams. I think its more based on the size of the alumni base and its willingness to travel to the playoff games. In that sense, I do believe that the University of Cincinnati might be bringing as much to the table as the SEC and B1G-T(14)N schools with their 327,000 alumni. Perhaps Oklahoma has as many alumni but I am having a hard time finding that data.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:56 pm

You wrote a post about BYU and Wake Forest, and no you can't take that away. Lets discredit it, let's pick away at it, you should skip the football commentary and focus on the impulse aisle layouts at CostCo.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium