ACC Network

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ACC Network

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 14, 2021 10:08 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I have found the ACCN to be surprisingly good. I've occasionally watched SECN and BTN, but I think the content on the ACCN is largely better. They seem to focus more on broadcasting actual games than fluff pieces on the history of each program.

I agree. Surprisingly, I like Packer and Durham. Far better than any of the stuff on the BTN and SECN—I mean Finebaum is simply unlistenable and the BTN version of Finebaum is similarly stupid. The coverage of actual sports is superior as well, although BTN does pretty well with hockey and wrestling.

Board Judge agrees Packer and Durham are excellent.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat May 15, 2021 12:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I have found the ACCN to be surprisingly good. I've occasionally watched SECN and BTN, but I think the content on the ACCN is largely better. They seem to focus more on broadcasting actual games than fluff pieces on the history of each program.

I agree. Surprisingly, I like Packer and Durham. Far better than any of the stuff on the BTN and SECN—I mean Finebaum is simply unlistenable and the BTN version of Finebaum is similarly stupid. The coverage of actual sports is superior as well, although BTN does pretty well with hockey and wrestling.

why don’t you marry him?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

why don’t you marry him?

Packer? or Durham?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat May 15, 2021 3:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

why don’t you marry him?

Packer? or Durham?

Can't make up your mind?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 pm

In light of Kennedy’s poorly reasoned and poorly constructed decision in Obergefell, I am fairly certain you can marry both of them and there isn’t a panel in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Circuit that isn’t going to find for you in the unlikely event any of the states in those circuits was actually inclined to block polygamous homosexual marriage.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

why don’t you marry him?

Packer? or Durham?

Can't make up your mind?

Jesus dude, your best game is not going to hurt my feelings. Now shut the fuck up before I turn on the tracker in your German Measles vaccine. You know what the Germans can do, so beware.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun May 16, 2021 6:28 am

EST.

Gay Sex and Lou Dobbs impressions.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun May 16, 2021 10:01 am

why do guys have to turn every single thread into a sausage fest, homo-humpathon?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:17 pm

That ACC Network even broadcast the league's rowing championships. Good stuff.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:53 am

seems like it's on comcast as of this AM
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:23 am

Speaking of sausage fests, Wes really put on some weight during the lockdown. He has what we used to call 'secretary spread' back in the days when you could laugh about such things. I thought Packer was Michael Scott's pervert friend?
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:11 am

Hearing that Comcast will be adding ACCTV but not in time for Saturday night.
What are the best options? I used YouTubeTV the last two seasons.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:46 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Hearing that Comcast will be adding ACCTV but not in time for Saturday night.

That sucks. RCN added it (with no formal announcement) over the summer. I was thinking that signaled Comcast had also added it. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:16 am

An hour ago Packer and Durham came right out and confessed that there ain't going to be an ACC team in the college football playoff this year, so we need to find our satisfaction in things like the Wake Forest- UNC non conference game in November. They said we should hope for an entertaining season that leads to a good ACC championship game.

They've given up. No way do they see Wake or BC undefeated through mid November. Good times.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:49 pm

It's not just whether or not Wake could go undefeated--they could--although ending on the road at Clemson and BC is tough by ACC Standards. The problem for the ACC is that the SEC is definitely getting two teams this year. If Notre Dame beats Cincy on Saturday they have a pretty clear path to an undefeated season, and if Cincy beats ND they have a pretty clear path to an undefeated season. Undefeated Notre Dame and Undefeated Cincy would get the nod over undefeated Wake Forest--Cincy especially. Then you have Oregon, which beat tOSU and is likely to finish the season undefeated because the PAC 12 sucks, and even if they lost one game, they'd still probably get the nod over Wake for beating tOSU. I'd also guess that a one loss tOSU or Ped State will get the nod over an undefeated Wake as well. And this doesn't take into consideration that Oklahoma is still undefeated--although that seems unlikely too last because they flat out suck.

My best guess is two SEC teams, Oregon and then one of Cincy, Notre Dame, and a one loss Big 10 Champion. If Cincy is undefeated I think they get the 4th slot. If ND is undefeated, given the meh schedule, I would think a one loss tOSU gets the nod over them, especially if they blow out Ped State.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It's not just whether or not Wake could go undefeated--they could--although ending on the road at Clemson and BC is tough by ACC Standards. The problem for the ACC is that the SEC is definitely getting two teams this year. If Notre Dame beats Cincy on Saturday they have a pretty clear path to an undefeated season, and if Cincy beats ND they have a pretty clear path to an undefeated season. Undefeated Notre Dame and Undefeated Cincy would get the nod over undefeated Wake Forest--Cincy especially. Then you have Oregon, which beat tOSU and is likely to finish the season undefeated because the PAC 12 sucks, and even if they lost one game, they'd still probably get the nod over Wake for beating tOSU. I'd also guess that a one loss tOSU or Ped State will get the nod over an undefeated Wake as well. And this doesn't take into consideration that Oklahoma is still undefeated--although that seems unlikely too last because they flat out suck.

My best guess is two SEC teams, Oregon and then one of Cincy, Notre Dame, and a one loss Big 10 Champion. If Cincy is undefeated I think they get the 4th slot. If ND is undefeated, given the meh schedule, I would think a one loss tOSU gets the nod over them, especially if they blow out Ped State.

I don't think that there is any chance that a 1-loss-ANYONE would get a playoff spot over an undefeated BC or Wake Forest. I don't think that there is any chance that a 1-loss-ANYONE would get a playoff spot over any undefeated Power-5 team. I think the main reason why they expanded to a 4 game playoff was tv money but a HUGE secondary reason was to avoid the fiasco that was the 2004 season with undefeated power-5 teams not playing for a national championship. With Notre Dame it is mathematically possible for there to be 6 undefeated Power-5 teams but in the realm of reality, no. That is not going to happen. So just win all your games and you are in. The whole POINT of there being such a tiny playoff pool (4 teams) is that the regular season is supposed to be a playoff, every game. So in that sense, Wake Forest gets the nod BEFORE Ohio State. There is no chance that a 13-0 Wake Forest is locked out of the playoff and Ohio State gets to go. That defeats the entire purpose of the regular season AND the Power-5. Is Wake Forest a Power-5 school or isn't it?

Assuming Ohio State defeats Michigan (they seem to do always do that now), assuming Cincinnati knocks off Notre Dame, and Wake runs the table (very possible) then the likely playoff teams will be

• Oklahoma
  • Wake Forest
  • Oregon
  • Alabama

Right or wrong. Cincinnati is not Power-5 (yet.) They soon will be (2023 I think.) So they are not in playoff conversation when there are already enough undefeated Power-5 teams. And the SEC can forget sending BOTH Georgia and Alabama if Wake/BC and Oklahoma/Baylor and Oregon are undefeated.

I'll tell you what though, it sure is fun to fantasize about BC being part of this shit because (as of right now) they are! :skank :banana
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:47 pm

Cincy's schedule is also shit outside of ND. So even if ND turns out to be good (jury's still out on that given they narrowly beat a shit FSU team, almost lost to Toledo, and played a mediocre Wisconsin team a lot closer than the score indicates), Cincy won't have any other good wins given Indiana's reversion to being Indiana.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:25 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Hearing that Comcast will be adding ACCTV but not in time for Saturday night.

That sucks. RCN added it (with no formal announcement) over the summer. I was thinking that signaled Comcast had also added it. :ace

Any guidance on YouTubeTV vs the other options (Sling, Fubo, HULU, VIDGO)?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:47 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Any guidance on YouTubeTV vs the other options (Sling, Fubo, HULU, VIDGO)?

Some of those providers you mention offer 7 day free trials. just sign up for one of those and watch for free.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:05 pm

That broadcast last night sucked.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:27 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Cincy's schedule is also shit outside of ND. So even if ND turns out to be good (jury's still out on that given they narrowly beat a shit FSU team, almost lost to Toledo, and played a mediocre Wisconsin team a lot closer than the score indicates), Cincy won't have any other good wins given Indiana's reversion to being Indiana.

Well I'm sure that is true. But if Cincinnati doesn't lose a game, they will be getting a spot in the playoffs long before Notre Dame does. There would be no logical argument that anyone could make that would justify an 11-1 Notre Dame getting a spot over a 13-0 Cincinnati that beat them. All you have is rhetoric and tradition and :bullshit on the part of media people saying the the 'body-of-work" or some horseshit would be more for Notre Dame. That is because they can't actually mention the only game that the Irish would have lost. It would also be mathematically impossible for Notre Dame to ranked ahead of Cincinnati in any poll. And as far as I know, there are objective measurements (using polls) to determine who does and who does not get playoff invites.

Cincinnati loses just one game, all bets are off.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Cincinnati’s schedule sucks outside of ND (who may not even be good). Argument made.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:33 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Cincinnati’s schedule sucks outside of ND (who may not even be good). Argument made.

That is the "body-of-work" argument. That is not going to get ND to be ranked higher than Cincinnati in any poll. That won't happen so long as Cincinnati doesn't lose a game. And its the rankings in the polls that count for invites, not a popularity contest.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:53 am

The polls are irrelevant. They're obviously highly correlated to the Playoff Committee's rankings but they do not explicitly play into the Committee's decisions. Barry Alvarez, who is on the committee, basically said it's highly unlikely a non-Power 5 will make the playoffs because their schedules are trash.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:00 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The polls are irrelevant. They're obviously highly correlated to the Playoff Committee's rankings but they do not explicitly play into the Committee's decisions.

Oh I think they DO play into the decisions. If they didn't, then we'd have to dump the polls entirely and go completely with a mathematical, objective measurement. Just get Sagarin to create the computer algorithm and take it from there. Because that is where we are headed if Cincinnati finishes 4th in the country in the AP poll and doesn't get an invite. Group of 5 screams bloody murder and they would have a point. If they don't get invited to the dance THIS YEAR then what year would they EVER get an invite? There are contract obligations with playoff invites if I understand them correctly.

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Barry Alvarez, who is on the committee, basically said it's highly unlikely a non-Power 5 will make the playoffs because their schedules are trash.

Oh I'm sure he's right. But we'll see. The lowest ranking for Cincinnati (right now) is 6th in the entire country. All I'm saying is that if Cincinnati doesn't lose a game for the rest of the year (likely) they will finish 5th or even 4th in the country. Maybe even higher, depending on what happens when Georgia plays Alabama and when Iowa plays Michigan.

To keep Cincinnati out, they have to keep them ranked 5th or below. Its going to be very hard for anyone to say the 4th ranked team in the nation can't get a playoff invite simply because, well, simply because their schedule sucks. And Notre Dame will not be ranked over Cincinnati. And an 11-1 Notre Dame will not get into the playoffs if a 13-0 Cincinnati doesn't get there either.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Polls don’t matter but I’m going to make an entire argument based on where Cincinnati is in the polls.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:55 pm

you chose to read his stupidity so you have no one to blame but yourself
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:02 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Polls don’t matter but I’m going to make an entire argument based on where Cincinnati is in the polls.

Elvii, its only one poll that matters. You end the season in the top 4 of that poll, and you are in. That's it. And so far (for every playoff since they began in 2014) there really haven't been any surprises, any controversies. The final top four have always been everyone's final top four (perhaps not in the same ORDER) but the same teams.

When the first College Football Poll is released on November 2nd, we are going to know (definitively) how much respect the playoff world has for an undefeated Cincinnati that went into South Bend and accomplished what few schools could. Penn State plays Iowa in 5 days. That will cull the herd a bit on the top. We already know that Alabama and Georgia will be on top (assuming that neither loses, and they wont.) And we know that the winner of the Penn State-Iowa game is likely to be #3. It remains to be seen if Cincinnati is #4 in the very first meaningful poll.

Who would be #4 if not Cincinnati? Michigan? They play State on Halloween and both Penn State and Ohio State in November? Oklahoma? Now that is a real possibility. I can't imagine it would be Wake Forest even if they keep winning. And it wont be BYU. I think it will open....

• Alabama
  • Georgia
  • Iowa/Penn State (winner)
  • Oklahoma
  • Cincinnati
  • Michigan/Michigan State (winner)
  • BYU
  • Oklahoma State

That looks reasonable. There will be no space available for the one-loss-team. Coastal Carolina will be nowhere. But Cincinnati and BYU will be mentioned and in contention. They have both beaten meaningful teams. If Cincinnati opens at 5, they have a genuine shot of making the playoffs. They have a slim shot even if they open at 7.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:23 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you chose to read his stupidity so you have no one to blame but yourself

I can’t believe I’m agreeing with TRE but THIS
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you chose to read his stupidity so you have no one to blame but yourself

I can’t believe I’m agreeing with TRE but THIS

stop being a hater that hates
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium