If you were the coach of this team what would your record be

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What’s your record? Let’s say you have a 34-ish game season

(24-10) NCAA 6th seed, 4th place ACC
11%
21-23 wins, NCAA tournament 9-12 seed / NIT 1-3 seed
11%
18-20 wins, NIT berth
22%
15-17 wins, NIT 6th seed
11%
12-14 wins (come on, you’re better than this!)
No votes
9-11 wins (A scarecrow in a BC polo can get this)
No votes
Somehow less
No votes
I see what you’re doing here, and I won’t partake. Jim Christian sucked and its over now, get over it
44%

Total votes : 9

If you were the coach of this team what would your record be

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:29 pm

Let’s say you have the following roster:

G Jay Heath
G Wynston Tabbs
F Demarr Langford
F Steffon Mitchell
C CJ Felder

Bench:
G Makai Ashton-Langford
C/F James Karnik
C/F Fred Scott
G Rich Kelly
F Kamari Williams

I know I threw a random assortment of players together - let’s say you coach them for a year. What’s your record? I’ve never been a coach before, but with a team that deep, I’ll say 22-12 and an NIT appearance. That’s the roster of an NCAA 6th seed, so yes I underachieved, but I’ve never been a D1 coach.

How about you? I would say if you had the above roster, your minimum is 12-22. Certainly more than, lets say, hypothetically 4 wins and then fucking up so hard the whole foundation melts beneath you, right?

I left the poll with a max of 24-10, NCAA 6th seed and top 4 ACC finish. I’m not going to go crazy, I think that’s this (again, random) roster’s ceiling with a capable coach
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: If you were the coach of this team what would your record be

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:20 pm

For most of this board, Ultimately the record would be zero and whatever after all wins were nullified for recruiting violations and/or shower peephole scandals.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:44 pm

That team is going to get manhandled by a team with decent bigs. Felder is fine as a 3 and D 4 at the collegiate level, but he should be a 3. Mitchell is an energy guy off the bench. Good wing play but no real PG. That's a high teens win team with a real good coach.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:25 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:For most of this board, Ultimately the record would be zero and whatever after all wins were nullified for recruiting violations and/or shower peephole scandals.

Well, okay here’s how we get around that second part: we have this poll exclude TRE
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That team is going to get manhandled by a team with decent bigs. Felder is fine as a 3 and D 4 at the collegiate level, but he should be a 3. Mitchell is an energy guy off the bench. Good wing play but no real PG. That's a high teens win team with a real good coach.

I agree, however I think this roster is versatile enough where you can start Fred Scott/Karnik at C in bigger matchups, and at least have a better chance. Throw Felder at the 3, Mitchell at 4, Langford at the 2 for bigger teams like FSU
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:47 pm

If I were the coach, Rich Kelly would be starting.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:28 pm

This is the dumbest thread I’ve ever seen on EO. Also, Joey Gerard III is decidedly average
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:43 pm

LOL Girard is terrible
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:This is the dumbest thread I’ve ever seen on EO. Also, Joey Gerard III is decidedly average

far from it, we've had a decade long thread on daylight savings
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:38 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:This is the dumbest thread I’ve ever seen on EO. Also, Joey Gerard III is decidedly average

see also: bystander, innocent
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:54 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

see also: bystander, innocent

or oral fun or corners keeper or soccer-poster-boy
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:02 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That team is going to get manhandled by a team with decent bigs. Felder is fine as a 3 and D 4 at the collegiate level, but he should be a 3. Mitchell is an energy guy off the bench. Good wing play but no real PG. That's a high teens win team with a real good coach.

It’s good that only like 5 teams in the country have a decent big man.

A real coach would have that team on the fringe of the bubble. Those guards are terrible defensive players and you don’t have much shot blocking behind them.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Well, my guess is that I would insist that they be in top physical condition and play tenacious, fundamentally solid defense, that this collection of softer than hot dog shit players would have quit and entered the portal before the season began. I’d have then scoured the JUCO ranks for replacement and accuser Father Leahy of being a racist when he and admissions blocked this attempt and fired me. Of course, since accusing a high profile figure like Leahy of being racist in 2020-21 almost always results in that person being cancelled—particularly if they are old, white and pro-life. So Leahy would have been fired and whether it is a Jesuit or a lay person who replaced him there is a better than 99% chance that hire would understand the importance of athletics better than Leahy and as a result their is a better than 90% chance we would have done better than the coach at College of Charleston as my replacement.

So my final record is 0-0, but I leave BC basketball in a much better position than I found it. Thank me very much. You are welcome.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:21 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Well, my guess is that I would insist that they be in top physical condition and play tenacious, fundamentally solid defense, that this collection of softer than hot dog shit players would have quit and entered the portal before the season began. I’d have then scoured the JUCO ranks for replacement and accuser Father Leahy of being a racist when he and admissions blocked this attempt and fired me. Of course, since accusing a high profile figure like Leahy of being racist in 2020-21 almost always results in that person being cancelled—particularly if they are old, white and pro-life. So Leahy would have been fired and whether it is a Jesuit or a lay person who replaced him there is a better than 99% chance that hire would understand the importance of athletics better than Leahy and as a result their is a better than 90% chance we would have done better than the coach at College of Charleston as my replacement.

So my final record is 0-0, but I leave BC basketball in a much better position than I found it. Thank me very much. You are welcome.

This was going to be my next poll option, I swear. Except my plan would have been to out him as a furry. Your plan would certainly get him fired whereas mine might get him to “step down after considerable thought and discussions with his family”
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:05 pm

It depends on whether or not Rich Kelly starts. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Two years from now Girard is going to average 23 points a game and become first team all-America, and "the usual suspects" are going to say it proves nothing and he's only a system player.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:05 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Two years from now Girard is going to average 23 points a game and become first team all-America, and "the usual suspects" are going to say it proves nothing and he's only a system player.

What’s the weird obsession with Girard? Through two years he’s basically a role player for Cuse.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum