2021 EO March Madness Pool

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 EO March Madness Pool

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:20 pm

Most pathetic performance of the tournament so far has got to be the Drexel Dragons. Lost by 30 to some overrated-as-hell Big Ten team. Only team to score fewer than 50 points. How the fuck did they even manage to qualify for the Big Dance?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm

it doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you got your ticket punched. there's no need to go back to the crappy conference that produced drexel or cleveland state or ohio state
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Most pathetic performance of the tournament so far has got to be the Drexel Dragons. Lost by 30 to some overrated-as-hell Big Ten team. Only team to score fewer than 50 points. How the fuck did they even manage to qualify for the Big Dance?

How did they get there? They were lucky because they hit so many 3-pointers vs Northeastern and in the CAA championship game, not to mention great free throw shooting. Luck came to an end is all that happened.

Its always better to be lucky than good, but you are not always lucky the way you can always be good. Oral Roberts continues to be very lucky. Drexel's luck ran out early.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:37 pm

With Illinois out all the guys who picked them are pretty much out (that is unless Oral Roberts win the tourney then all bets are off.)

With Iowa out, I don't think it is mathematically possible for me to win this. Fire Addazio can win with Baylor but I can't. Best I could do is tie him.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:36 pm

TRE and Claver have 1/4 of the Final Four remaining. Other than that, can’t really eliminate anyone

DGF had a sixth sense about VCU, but unfortunately it was in his final four, not covid team
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:TRE and Claver have 1/4 of the Final Four remaining. Other than that, can’t really eliminate anyone

DGF had a sixth sense about VCU, but unfortunately it was in his final four, not covid team

I am really shocked about both Illinois and Ohio State. Then Iowa tapping out today, its really the year of the under-dog.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:33 pm

Or the Big TenElevenTwelve blows as usual.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Or the Big TenElevenTwelve blows as usual.

i really bought into the hype this year. usually i am much better at avoiding it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:59 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i really bought into the hype this year. usually i am much better at avoiding it

it remains to be seen if this B1G-T(14)N hype is justified with Michigan. We'll know if they are for real against LSU in a few hours. Also I am curious if Maryland is going to get butchered by Alabama.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Creighton and UCLA are both kicking ass
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:08 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

it remains to be seen if this B1G-T(14)N hype is justified with Michigan. We'll know if they are for real against LSU in a few hours. Also I am curious if Maryland is going to get butchered by Alabama.

Unlike Illinois, it appears that Michigan is a seriously powerful B1G-T(14)N team. F$U will have their hands full.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Six minutes into this silly game, score is 6 to 1.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:16 pm

And so it ends for Oral Roberts. But at least Gonzaga is already clobbering Creighton.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:08 pm

With Oregon State winning today, it appears the Pac-12 was without a doubt, the strongest hoops conference in all of college basketball. But we don't get any play out here in the West because, well, we are way out here in the West and ESPN does not give a fuck about the West Coast.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:53 pm

There will be three Pac-12 teams in the Elite 8. Michigan is the only school East of the Mississippi river still in the tournament. Seven teams West of the Mississippi in the elite eight, I don't think that has ever happened, ever.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:22 pm

This will be the first time ever that both LA schools make the Elite 8.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:52 am

So there are

• 3 "ones"
  • 1 "two"
  • 1 "three"
  • 1 "six"
  • 1 "eleven" and
  • a "twelve"

I think there are still 4 or 5 different posters who can win this. I'm out. I can't beat Fire Addazio.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:05 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:11 are in

DGF, no they are not.

Did that joke really fly over your head? I know I've been gone a while, but come on.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:24 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

DGF, no they are not.

Did that joke really fly over your head? I know I've been gone a while, but come on.

Then you need to be here more.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 pm

Looks like I picked Arkansas over Baylor. Fuck. Why? Baylor might have the best defensive team I’ve ever seen
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:22 pm

DGF, no they are not.

Cut him some slack, internet reception in Bangkok has been spotty.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

DGF, no they are not.

Cut him some slack, internet reception in Bangkok has been spotty.

good point, well said.

Anyway, I can't win but Houston is in the final four where I said they would be. :)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:31 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Looks like I picked Arkansas over Baylor. Fuck. Why? Baylor might have the best defensive team I’ve ever seen

Anything could happen. I picked Baylor to win the whole thing but this season has truly been, madness.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:00 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Looks like I picked Arkansas over Baylor. Fuck. Why? Baylor might have the best defensive team I’ve ever seen

Anything could happen. I picked Baylor to win the whole thing but this season has truly been, madness.

Good pick. Even if Arkansas wins, still think Baylor is better. The guard play is terrific, they are not only schematically defensively elite but individually as well. I think Davion Mitchell might be my favorite player I’ve watched over the last couple of years. He has an obvious Marcus Smart comparison
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:18 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Good pick. Even if Arkansas wins, still think Baylor is better. The guard play is terrific, they are not only schematically defensively elite but individually as well. I think Davion Mitchell might be my favorite player I’ve watched over the last couple of years. He has an obvious Marcus Smart comparison

It was a good game. Arkansas played very tough.

2 Texas schools in the Final Four.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:31 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Turns out that the Southwest Conference represented best in this years tourney
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:57 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Turns out that the Southwest Conference represented best in this years tourney

heh, yup
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:38 pm

UCLA was tremendous. I haven't seen a team make that many intermediate range jumpers in forever(8-18ft). Nobody shoots those anymore unless it's from the elbow or the shot clock is running out.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:37 pm

Well done Bumpers
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bumpers on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:35 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Well done Bumpers

Thank you IB. I will continue to accept all accolades, at least until HJS takes credit for my picks.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum