Did we hire a coach yet today?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Did we hire a coach yet today?

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:In terms of splash this hire makes the potential Gates hire look like a hydrogen bomb explosion over the Pacific. I didn’t think our search could possibly get any less imaginative.

You may not like the hire, but Earl Grant is as imaginative as it could possibly get. No one had him on the radar. Though, kudos to the PennLive who at least mentioned him in their article of potential candidates for the PSU job (which apparently had the same criteria/restraints).

I can't even imagine what the press conference is going to be like? I mean seriously, what is this guy going to say that The Don and Jimmy Mac didn't? What is this guy going to do that The Don and Jimmy Mac didn't? How is this going to be any different? What is Kraft just buying lottery tickets at this point and hoping he picks the numbers with this guy?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:The answer to this thread title is now yes.

I wish the answer to this thread title was still no. Christ.

Sorry it’s not better news. I hope he can get to a better level + a new practice facility will line this up for a transformational hire in five years. Hopefully under a new AD.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:45 am

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:The answer to this thread title is now yes.

I wish the answer to this thread title was still no. Christ.

Sorry it’s not better news. I hope he can get to a better level + a new practice facility will line this up for a transformational hire in five years. Hopefully under a new AD.

I had to look twice to make sure this wasn’t a quote from 5 or 10 years ago...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 am

gates coming up on acc net
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:07 am

3/16/2021 - no
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:30 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:3/16/2021 - no

Okay you may have to do this for the next 5 years
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:00 am

press conf:

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:40 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:press conf:

I heard it was an absolute shitshow... no way I'm going to watch 90 mins about this dumpster fire of a program though. not even for the schadenfreude.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 am

is that what 74 told you?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

I heard it was an absolute shitshow... no way I'm going to watch 90 mins about this dumpster fire of a program though. not even for the schadenfreude.

I watched it. One person in the media actually challenged him. Earl said that he followed BC very closely this year. And the second reporter asked him "why?" LOL. A whole bunch of rhetoric followed.

I had no idea that Al Skinner lived in Charleston or that Al's wife spoke with Earl's wife on the phone 2 or 3 times a month. So, okay, that is interesting. It also might be one of the reasons why Earl is the coach.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:is that what 74 told you?

no, mysterious stranger did not watch (but you knew that already)
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:56 am

They can’t even get the centering of the backdrop right.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Los on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 am

I'm impressed that Earl was able to get all his notes to fit on only one napkin.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 am

hansen {l Wrote}:... (but you knew that already)

is claver also on the gaysex twitter channel that y'all twit on? i thought nospace was his last foray into man-on-man electronic seduction since the usc experience turned out so poorly for him.

not that there's anything wrong with that. i'm sure that nothing posted on @homohumpathonWAYYYYYoutsiders is ever wrong, actually
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 am

Los {l Wrote}:I'm impressed that Earl was able to get all his notes to fit on only one napkin.

all his offensive and defensive schemes are on the other side, too
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 am

i watched about two minutes of eddy's actual speech.

i am now all in on my kids' basketball programs. fuck this place in the asshole, starting with paddy kraft. i'll be back in 6 years when my youngest has graduated college. that may be the point where it's time to bring a real coach in and the rebuild can actually begin.

i repeat - fuck this program and the athletic director in the asshole with jm j bullock's cockandballs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am

I am glad he is getting along with Fr. Leehee!

He is off to a grand and glorious start. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i watched about two minutes of eddy's actual speech.

i am now all in on my kids' basketball programs. fuck this place in the asshole, starting with paddy kraft. i'll be back in 6 years when my youngest has graduated college. that may be the point where it's time to bring a real coach in and the rebuild can actually begin.

i repeat - fuck this program and the athletic director in the asshole with jm j bullock's cockandballs

I think its lousy that Boston College (out of political correctness) felt that they HAD to hire ONLY a black coach for the hoops program. Assuming that is the case (I don't think any of us know for sure that is the case) then that is lousy and broken and shitty. That said, I hope he wins a national championship at BC. I hope it works out for the school, the players, and (most importantly) all the alumni that are here at EO. You guys have waited patiently, you deserve a winner. If it doesn't workout, I certainly hope BC and the BOT pull the plug quickly. 3 years.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:47 am

Blauds had extensive quotes from Al in his “column” on grant this morning. Including on the topic of grant asking al to be an assistant. You can’t make this shit up.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:48 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:I am glad he is getting along with Fr. Leehee!

Sorry, but I didn't think the presser was bad. Did he stumble over names like O'Donohue and Leehee. Sure. All our terrible coaches from Don to Daz to Christian crushed the pressers and the interviews. This guy is going to be a fish-out-of-water much like Jarmond was. He will either grow with the place and love it, or he will be gone in 4 years after failing/succeeding. Hansen hating the hire and allegedly quitting the program over it has moved me closer and closer to thinking it will be a homerun.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Sorry, but I didn't think the presser was bad. Did he stumble over names like O'Donohue and Leehee. Sure. All our terrible coaches from Don to Daz to Christian crushed the pressers and the interviews. This guy is going to be a fish-out-of-water much like Jarmond was. He will either grow with the place and love it, or he will be gone in 4 years after failing/succeeding. Hansen hating the hire and allegedly quitting the program over it has moved me closer and closer to thinking it will be a homerun.

Agree here. Him not fitting in is just as much of a reason to be optimistic as pessimistic
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Including on the topic of grant asking al to be an assistant.

To be clear the quote isn't hat Grant has asked Al to be an assistant. Blauds asked Skinner if he would be interested in being an assistant.
Since there is no BC connection with Grant or even a Northeast connection, maybe Grant can both aid himself and mend some fences bringing Skinner back as part of his staff.

""Don't know about that,'' said Skinner with a laugh."" It will be interesting to see what happens.''
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:55 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Blauds had extensive quotes from Al in his “column” on grant this morning. Including on the topic of grant asking al to be an assistant. You can’t make this shit up.

""It's a tough job,'' said Skinner, who lives in the Charleston area and knows Grant. ""He's done a decent job down here. I spent some time over there and he felt he hads a pretty good recruiting class coming in. He wasn't sure of what his next move would be.''

A glowing endorsement.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Gene breaking out pics of Cornell from Sports Illustrated is what I remember about Don's press conference.

There were maybe 10 people in the room at the Skinner press conference. It was low energy.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:58 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Blauds had extensive quotes from Al in his “column” on grant this morning. Including on the topic of grant asking al to be an assistant. You can’t make this shit up.

""It's a tough job,'' said Skinner, who lives in the Charleston area and knows Grant. ""He's done a decent job down here. I spent some time over there and he felt he hads a pretty good recruiting class coming in. He wasn't sure of what his next move would be.''

A glowing endorsement.

with as much as gumshoe knows about the greatest walking billboard eastern clothing of watertown ever had, i'm surprised he didn't ask al about how eddy performed in the mid-day pick up games
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

it's too bad that richard "doc" walker (1) is not covering acc sports anymore / (b) only covers football because it would be awesome to hear he and eddy butcher names together. it would likely be the highlight of grant's career at the heights
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:09 pm

Did we figure out if the new coach is Catholic?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Did we figure out if the new coach is Catholic?

My guess is unlikely. However it seemed like he talked about faith with Leahy so he may be more devout in his religion than many of the cradle Catholics who have coached at BC.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:58 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

My guess is unlikely. However it seemed like he talked about faith with Leahy so he may be more devout in his religion than many of the cradle Catholics who have coached at BC.

is he more catholic than gates? i would assume gates's catholicness is not what caused leehee to choose eddy over gates as the two prime candidates. well, from what i've been told they were the two prime candidates
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:18 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

If it came up in the press conference and he didn't mention Catholicism specifically, it would seem quite likely that the man is indeed a Protestant. I guess our question now is, what denomination? How bad is the damage? Hopefully we didn't hire a snake handler, or worse, a Presbyterian.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum