2021 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:The timing as odd as they have been back for over a week. I was hoping his lack of use last season was do to him struggling to pick up the new offense.
Levy just does not bring much to the table and Garwo's pass protection was brutal.

Bailey was just as brutal blocking.

Pretty much said from jump street Bailey didn't fit this offense. Still doesn't fit. Garwo should be lead back.

Bailey may not fit the offense, but his ability was so far above everyone else on the roster that he WAS the best for the offense. Essentially, we didn't have an equally-talented RB who was tailor-made for the offense. With the OLine returning and Jurk at QB... if I am a RB who can get out on the edge and catch, I couldn't think of a better place. Unfortunately, I don't think we have an answer on the roster (unless Coleman comes in game ready). Garwo could be fine... but he puts the ball on the ground way too often to justify lead back.

I think Bailey will play in the NFL. It is a shame that we couldn't adjust the offense to find a better role for him.

Bailey was not close to the best back on last year's team in this offense or blocking scheme. He'll be fine behind Ground Chuck at CSU.

Ok. So who were the much better backs the coaching staff failed to play more than Bailey?

They didn't. They played Levy the most until the end of the season. Because he could block. And they clearly wanted Garwo to assume the mantle. Your logic box trap was feeble, I expect more
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Travis Levy being better than David Bailey has all the feel of Pats being better off without a “mediocre” Tom Brady. Teddy is gonna teddy.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Travis Levy being better than David Bailey has all the feel of Pats being better off without a “mediocre” Tom Brady. Teddy is gonna teddy.

Yeah we all ducked that feeble logic box trap as well. Stick to Al Davis and hot takes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:09 pm

PS Stockholm Syndrome remains strong but this is no longer a power running team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:44 pm

New staff member: Michael Cibene who was an assistant LB coach at 0.0hio St.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:The timing as odd as they have been back for over a week. I was hoping his lack of use last season was do to him struggling to pick up the new offense.
Levy just does not bring much to the table and Garwo's pass protection was brutal.

Bailey was just as brutal blocking.

Pretty much said from jump street Bailey didn't fit this offense. Still doesn't fit. Garwo should be lead back.

Bailey may not fit the offense, but his ability was so far above everyone else on the roster that he WAS the best for the offense. Essentially, we didn't have an equally-talented RB who was tailor-made for the offense. With the OLine returning and Jurk at QB... if I am a RB who can get out on the edge and catch, I couldn't think of a better place. Unfortunately, I don't think we have an answer on the roster (unless Coleman comes in game ready). Garwo could be fine... but he puts the ball on the ground way too often to justify lead back.

I think Bailey will play in the NFL. It is a shame that we couldn't adjust the offense to find a better role for him.

Bailey was not close to the best back on last year's team in this offense or blocking scheme. He'll be fine behind Ground Chuck at CSU.

Ok. So who were the much better backs the coaching staff failed to play more than Bailey?

I'm not sure its a matter of better or worse. I would argue that David Bailey was better than any of the tailbacks that Hafley had to work with last year. But Hafley had a real collegiate level QB last year (and we haven't had a real one since 2014) so obviously he adjusted the offense a bit to make the QB a more prominent person in it. I would have done the same thing. But that does nothing for Bailey who
  • #1) needed to anchor whatever limited rushing offense there was available for tailbacks in 2020
  • #2) failed in doing so
  • #3) is probably blaming the staff and the offensive coordinator for making those changes as an excuse for his poor performance and
  • #4) saw no further reason to "get in."

He should play for meathead. I wish him the best. I hope he wins the Heisman next year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:13 pm

Looks like we got a backup RB from West Virginia to replace Bailey.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Perfect type of back for this offense.

He’s not much of an in between the tackles, ground and pound it guy but more of a threat to bounce it to the outside and make defenders miss in the open space. If he gets enough touches, he’s a home run waiting to happen. He’s got the speed to outrun the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense, all he needs is just a big enough crease to pop through
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:21 pm

StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:30 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:54 am

When does practice start?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:13 am

i believe not till mid march
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 am

I really want to believe what Haf said today that he plans on staying for a long time.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:21 pm

https://twitter.com/TrckFootball/status ... 5013737472

FYI this was a specific ask from Hafley & recruiting staff. Essentially an analytic approach to evaluating prospects opposed to tgosb's of the world (not saying that's what they used)

it's how they identified tevin wallace before he blew up
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:56 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I really want to believe what Haf said today that he plans on staying for a long time.

Why? Addazio wanted to stay here for a long time too. But we didn't want him and now he is gone (and good riddance.) But Addazio's first year wound up being better than Hafley's. And Addazio was recovering from a 2-10 season. Hafley was not.

Look, Hafley gets a pass this year (and next year.) He gets a pass because these are Addazio's kids. There are not Hafley's recruits. But I'm sorry guys, I'm not "In" yet. Talk is cheap. I wont be "In" until I am sure this is the way to win the ACC and get a shot at the playoffs. I am not convinced. I was convinced of Addazio NOT being the answer the first year HIS recruits started playing for him (2015) when BC went 0-8 in conference. By December 2022 we'll know on Hafley, but not before.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:07 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I really want to believe what Haf said today that he plans on staying for a long time.

Why? Addazio wanted to stay here for a long time too. But we didn't want him and now he is gone (and good riddance.) But Addazio's first year wound up being better than Hafley's. And Addazio was recovering from a 2-10 season. Hafley was not.

Look, Hafley gets a pass this year (and next year.) He gets a pass because these are Addazio's kids. There are not his recruits. But I'm sorry guys, I'm not "In" yet. I wont be until I am sure this is the way to win the ACC and get a shot at the playoffs. I am not convinced.

you should go and read this poster named innocentbystander's posts in the maryannes boards where he talks about this pandemic thing that's going on. it may help shed some light on the futility and incongruence of comparing year 1 hafly to year 1 gym teacher.

then you should look at the names of the opponents on the respective schedules. see how many acc opponents were on hafley year 1 vs. ts slaughter year 1 and postulate if that should impact the interpretation of the raw data of w's and l's.

lastly, you should consider finding a hobby that rewards you for being so consistently inaccurate, so typically underinformed, so violently incorrect, and so abrasively condescending. something that allows you to embrace your ignorance and have others celebrate that for you as opposed to speak time and again about how wrong that you are. i know you won't do any of that; but you should consider it... for the good of dave rickart's blowout
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Look, Hafley gets a pass this year (and next year.) He gets a pass because these are Addazio's kids. There are not his recruits. But I'm sorry guys, I'm not "In" yet. I wont be until I am sure this is the way to win the ACC and get a shot at the playoffs. I am not convinced.

you should go and read this poster named innocentbystander's posts in the maryannes boards where he talks about this pandemic thing that's going on. it may help shed some light on the futility and incongruence of comparing year 1 hafly to year 1 gym teacher.

then you should look at the names of the opponents on the respective schedules. see how many acc opponents were on hafley year 1 vs. ts slaughter year 1 and postulate if that should impact the interpretation of the raw data of w's and l's.

lastly, you should consider finding a hobby that rewards you for being so consistently inaccurate, so typically underinformed, so violently incorrect, and so abrasively condescending. something that allows you to embrace your ignorance and have others celebrate that for you as opposed to speak time and again about how wrong that you are. i know you won't do any of that; but you should consider it... for the good of dave rickart's blowout

I think he'd be good at talking down to the dudes at his church that can't get girls.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think he'd be good at talking down to the dudes at his church that can't get girls.

if any of those stories were close to true, i would agree with you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Look, Hafley gets a pass this year (and next year.) He gets a pass because these are Addazio's kids. There are not Hafley's recruits. But I'm sorry guys, I'm not "In" yet. Talk is cheap. I wont be "In" until I am sure this is the way to win the ACC and get a shot at the playoffs. I am not convinced. I was convinced of Addazio NOT being the answer the first year HIS recruits started playing for him (2015) when BC went 0-8 in conference. By December 2022 we'll know on Hafley, but not before.

I hope you are correct about Hafley. I am not saying Hafley is great, terrible, or anything in between. I am saying I don't know.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:40 pm

you said he did worse than gym teacher. you are calling him spaz
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you said he did worse than gym teacher. you are calling him spaz

I am not calling him anything. I am just saying that I am not yet "in." And why? There is no data yet that proves anything. Your point about covid would only be relevant if BC was the only school with a football team trying to manage it.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you said he did worse than gym teacher. you are calling him spaz

I am not calling him anything. I am just saying that I am not yet "in." And why? There is no data yet that proves anything. Your point about covid would only be relevant if BC was the only school with a football team trying to manage it.

so the schedule in 2020 was the same as the schedule in 2013 in spite of covid? so you are saying players had the option to not play in 2013 without losing a year of eligibility as they did in 2020? so everything was the same for players in 2020 as it was in 2013 - as suggested by your overriding point that it is fair to compare 2013 to 2020?

and when searching for a new qb and the other holes left by the previous administration, both coaches had access to the same pools of talent and same infrastructure for recruiting and identifying talent? could make the same in-home visits to the same candidates that already had a home... but may be interested in a different one.

of all the people that post at this website, i wouldn't think the deathcount bitcoin valuator would be the one to downplay covid
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:31 pm

so the schedule in 2020 was the same as the schedule in 2013 in spite of covid? so you are saying players had the option to not play in 2013 without losing a year of eligibility as they did in 2020? so everything was the same for players in 2020 as it was in 2013 - as suggested by your overriding point that it is fair to compare 2013 to 2020?

and when searching for a new qb and the other holes left by the previous administration, both coaches had access to the same pools of talent and same infrastructure for recruiting and identifying talent? could make the same in-home visits to the same candidates that already had a home... but may be interested in a different one.

of all the people that post at this website, i wouldn't think the deathcount bitcoin valuator would be the one to downplay covid

Everything you are saying here makes sense. I don't dispute it tre, I don't. I get it. I'm just not convinced of anything yet, that is all I am saying. That, AND I hope you are correct about Hafley.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:42 pm

then you should not compare to ts slaughter... you should say you don't know. those are two very different statements
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:24 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:then you should not compare to ts slaughter... you should say you don't know. those are two very different statements

he's saying Hafley hasn't punched his ticket into 2020 march madness
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 pm

dbv lol
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:then you should not compare to ts slaughter... you should say you don't know. those are two very different statements

he's saying Hafley hasn't punched his ticket into 2020 march madness

Well done Claver
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:When does practice start?

March 20th, and there may be some sort of Spring Game on April 24th!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:04 pm

hafley presser:

AAR had P5 DC offer and decided to stay. promoted to associate HC

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypKdgNVMndxW
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy