Northeastern

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northeastern

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:didn't realize the night school had it's own basketball team

you should have seen me play on this team back in the day
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:37 pm

So close.... but we lost fair and square, 56 to 62. We gave the Orangemen everything we had. It just wasn't quite enough. I watched the game while coding and I have to hand it to Syracuse, they are very strong defensively. Syracuse never left us any open lanes. So we too a lot of so-so shot, wound up less than 40% from the field. And we couldn't stop Girard defensively. I'm still proud of our team. I think if we had played them in Boston, we could get them into foul trouble and with their apparent lack of any bench strength, we could beat them.

This Husky squad has guts. No Seniors. They are mostly sophomores. But if we can go toe-to-toe with (what?) the 35th best team in the country, then we have a serious shot at winning the CAA this year. And next year. We are built to really clean up in 2021 and 2022, but they might turn some heads this year. Keep it up coach Coen.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Down by 3 to Old Dominion. Its halftime. Come on guys.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bender on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:04 pm

It'll never be as great as the Reggie Lewis, Jim Calhoun days.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:02 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:It'll never be as great as the Reggie Lewis, Jim Calhoun days.

We play AT the number 7 team in the entire country on Tuesday night. If we lose by less than 10, then I think (even at 1-5) we may have a legitimate shot at winning the CAA. And when I say legitimate shot, I am thinking one-chance-in-three. So far our OOC schedule has been murderers row. And with no Seniors on the team, it would be real easy for them to be discouraged.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:56 pm

halftime, down by 8 to the meth smokers
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:08 pm

Down by 17 points at half-time, come back, tie it up in the second half, and win the game in OT.

Northeastern (3-0 CAA)

Stay away from Coach Coen
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Beat Hofstra twice

(4-0 CAA)

Stay away from Coach Coen
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:33 am

people here want bill coen as much as they want to be infected with a cocktail of herpes, ass cancer and feline aids. i didn't think it was possible but your continued demand for bc to not hire him makes you somehow look even more stupid
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:41 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:people here want bill coen as much as they want to be infected with a cocktail of herpes, ass cancer and feline aids. i didn't think it was possible but your continued demand for bc to not hire him makes you somehow look even more stupid

Good. I like that we are allies. You don't want him and we want to keep him. A two-fer. A win-win.

Hey look tre, ours is a very simple situation at Northeastern. Only one CAA team goes dancing each year, one. And that team is whoever wins the CAA championship. I believe that Coen has done that 2 times (most recently 2019.) Coen has also succeeded in getting Northeastern to the CAA championship game 5 times (including each of the last 3 years.) He is getting better and better. Prior to Coen, Northeastern hadn't even been to the CAA finals. Coen just flat out, wins (particularly in the conference tournament when it matters the most.) I don't know if he is recruiting his ass off, if he just makes marginal players that much better than the rest of the CAA with game day coaching, or a combination of both. I don't care. No matter what he's doing, its working.

Unlike BC, Northeastern has no real hope of actually winning a national championship. As anyone could tell you watching us play Kansas in 2019, we are just out-athleted in the tourney, pure and simple. It would be a miracle to win just one game in mid-March. All we can ask of Coen is to get us there and he delivers. So I think its great that just getting to the tourney isn't good enough for you. Its good enough for us. That said, you guys could have him the moment you approached him because (obviously) he is going as far as he possibly can at Northeastern. I'm sure he wants more and BC gives him what he desires, an opportunity. So please, don't give him the opportunity. We know we are second fiddle.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:01 pm

Northeastern 67, College of Charleston 62

NU is 5-0 in CAA play with no Seniors

stay away from Coach Coen
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:53 pm

It was close

up by 14 at the half only to wind up DOWN by 5 to College of Charleston early in the second half (in an epic choke) and come back to win it 68-66. Very satisfying.

NU is 7-5 (6-0 in CAA play)

stay away from Coach Coen
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:59 am

68,000+ views. I am in for 1000 (or less) so I love that you guys.... care.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:07 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:68,000+ views. I am in for 1000 (or less) so I love that you guys.... care.

67,000 of those views were made by dead people.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:20 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:68,000+ views. I am in for 1000 (or less) so I love that you guys.... care.

campion died?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:53 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

campion died?

I sure hope not.

Lunardi's early "Bracketology" over at ESPN has us at a 14 seed in March opening against the 6'11" and 7' foot tall white Wisconsin players. Meaningless. But given Northeastern's performance on the court so far, its as likely a scenario as anything. In regulation play, we are consistently scoring between 66 and 68. Certainly not high scoring for college, but not low scoring either. Medium scoring. Hopefully medium scoring will be enough vs James Madison. This weekend is huge as we are playing the only other team in the conference who is undefeated in conference play. Unlike my Huskies, JMU has only played one CAA game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Northeastern 72 - JMU 63

NU is 7-0 in the CAA

NU is now the only CAA team undefeated on conference play

Bill Coen is the man
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm

good call moving up to the cello. it should be more difficult to lose than the mandolin

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:good call moving up to the cello. it should be more difficult to lose than the mandolin

That girl has got long hair. That is a sign of fertility. She looks more like the Jeffrey Epstein-ish girlfriend age, but what a wonderful life and future she has in store for her.

In any event tre, I have done as you wished and stopped saying stay away from Bill Coen. I have upgraded the phrase to Bill Coen is the man. All he does is win games. Coen may be one of the best coaches in college basketball as of right now. Given Northeastern's very limited clout and resources at the division-1 level, I see no logical reason as to any of you disagreeing with my assessment.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:15 pm

Uh oh, down 10-3 four minutes into the game. Streak may come to an end today.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:59 pm

had a little covid issue and had to take a couple weeks off

Northeastern 76 - Towson 67

9-6 (8-1 in CAA play)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:50 pm

I must have missed the update after the ass raping by Carolina. Did you delete that message, no space?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:55 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I must have missed the update after the ass raping by Carolina. Did you delete that message, no space?

No.

We've missed 6 games this season because of covid. They keep saying "postponed" but the CAA tournament starts in two weeks so I have no idea how they are going to get these games in. Very depressing.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:14 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I must have missed the update after the ass raping by Carolina. Did you delete that message, no space?

No.

We've missed 6 games this season because of covid. They keep saying "postponed" but the CAA tournament starts in two weeks so I have no idea how they are going to get these games in. Very depressing.

The funny thing is that Saint Bonaventure asked for a game with Carolina--at the time, the A10 was juggling the schedule and they were supposed to be down at Davidson this past weekend (as it turned out they punished Davidson at home last night and will look for the sweep this Wednesday). Apparently, Carolina turned them down and told the AD "we are looking for an easy tune up". Guess Bill Coen provided them with what they were looking for.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:

No.

The funny thing is that Saint Bonaventure asked for a game with Carolina--at the time, the A10 was juggling the schedule and they were supposed to be down at Davidson this past weekend (as it turned out they punished Davidson at home last night and will look for the sweep this Wednesday). Apparently, Carolina turned them down and told the AD "we are looking for an easy tune up". Guess Bill Coen provided them with what they were looking for.

You lost me.

Did anyone play Bonnie's this past weekend from the CAA? Trying to find that right now. My Alma matter has lost 6 CAA games to postponement. I don't know how will will get them all in (plus a road game to west upstate NY vs an A10 team apparently), with just 2 weeks of regular season remaining.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:33 pm

No.

You lost me.

Did anyone play Bonnie's this past weekend from the CAA? Trying to find that right now. My Alma matter has lost 6 CAA games to postponement. I don't know how will will get them all in (plus a road game to west upstate NY vs an A10 team apparently), with just 2 weeks of regular season remaining.

bonnies beat davidson in godforsaken upstate ny this weekend to climb into a 3 way tie for 1st with umass and vcu in the a-10. they put on a 3 pt shooting clinic (don't judge me, there wasn't much to wager on on sunday).

i think the a-10 gets 3 teams in... if umass can stop pulling a campus-wide tabbs, slu can stop shitting the bed when it matters, and the bonnies don't get overlooked because they play in the middle of nowhere
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:19 pm

No.

You lost me.

bonnies beat davidson in godforsaken upstate ny this weekend to climb into a 3 way tie for 1st with umass and vcu in the a-10. they put on a 3 pt shooting clinic (don't judge me, there wasn't much to wager on on sunday).

i think the a-10 gets 3 teams in... if umass can stop pulling a campus-wide tabbs, slu can stop shitting the bed when it matters, and the bonnies don't get overlooked because they play in the middle of nowhere

11-for-21 from 3-point-land is 52%. Massive. Very nice St Bonnies. Northeastern has done that before (21 attempts) and the high number of 3 point attempts in a division-1 game is usually an indication of a school with smaller guys (getting in foul trouble) trying to beat a team with taller guys. You take the 3 pointer because, well, time is up and the tall guys are not giving you an open lane to go to net. HITTING the 3-pointers (when you are forced to do so) is another matter altogether. You change the game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Michigan and OSU had 30 three point attempts with 16 minutes to go in the second half yesterday and Michigan was 11 for 14 at the time. #3 v #4

Good theory though.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Michigan and OSU had 30 three point attempts with 16 minutes to go in the second half yesterday and Michigan was 11 for 14 at the time. #3 v #4

Good theory though.

it was a good theory in 1986 when the line was introduced and maybe for bill cone and the caa... but the rest of the world has moved on. this is unusual, nospace usually has his fingers on the pulse of todays trends and activities.

maybe apple news ann coulter hasn't covered this yet
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Michigan and OSU had 30 three point attempts with 16 minutes to go in the second half yesterday and Michigan was 11 for 14 at the time. #3 v #4

Good theory though.

it was a good theory in 1986 when the line was introduced and maybe for bill cone and the caa... but the rest of the world has moved on. this is unusual, nospace usually has his fingers on the pulse of todays trends and activities.

maybe apple news ann coulter hasn't covered this yet

Billy Donovan is pesky!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum