Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Brett Bielema heading back to the BigTen as head coach for Illinois. I think that’s a pretty decent hire for a terrible program.

I hope he punched Joe Judge on the way out.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Brett Bielema heading back to the BigTen as head coach for Illinois. I think that’s a pretty decent hire for a terrible program.

I hope he punched Joe Judge on the way out.

Offensive line has looked so much better since Judge micromanaged it into Colombo's termination.

Joe Judge has all the feel of Steve Addazio... road the coattails of a hall of fame coach into a job they weren't qualified for... became a media darling with straightforward, tough talk... preached old school, physical tropes... talks about how important it is that everyone leaves their ego at the door (but really is the most sensitive and reacts violently to critiques)... quick to point fingers to others for failures... meddles in every aspect of the program even though entire previous coaching experience was limited to one small aspect.

I look forward to his impending failure... because it will be spectacularly volatile and entertaining. Giants have throttled through coaches. So, he'll be around at least through Year 3 (but I don't think he'll make Year 5). That will give the next GM time to rebuild the roster with early draft picks and then pick a coach best suited to allow the organization to not suck.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Joe Judge has all the feel of Steve Addazio... road the coattails of a hall of fame coach into a job they weren't qualified for... became a media darling with straightforward, tough talk... preached old school, physical tropes... talks about how important it is that everyone leaves their ego at the door (but really is the most sensitive and reacts violently to critiques)... quick to point fingers to others for failures... meddles in every aspect of the program even though entire previous coaching experience was limited to one small aspect.

I look forward to his impending failure... because it will be spectacularly volatile and entertaining. Giants have throttled through coaches. So, he'll be around at least through Year 3 (but I don't think he'll make Year 5). That will give the next GM time to rebuild the roster with early draft picks and then pick a coach best suited to allow the organization to not suck.

that was fun a couple of weeks ago.

they're staring down the barrel of a 6-10 / 5 -11 season aided by playing in the worst division in recent memory + playing a joe burrow-less bengals
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Joe Judge has all the feel of Steve Addazio... road the coattails of a hall of fame coach into a job they weren't qualified for... became a media darling with straightforward, tough talk... preached old school, physical tropes... talks about how important it is that everyone leaves their ego at the door (but really is the most sensitive and reacts violently to critiques)... quick to point fingers to others for failures... meddles in every aspect of the program even though entire previous coaching experience was limited to one small aspect.

they're staring down the barrel of a 6-10 / 5 -11 season aided by playing in the worst division in recent memory + playing a joe burrow-less bengals

It is mind boggling that they beat the Seahawks. The best example I have seen as of late of the old saw "on any given Sunday". And with all due respect to BC guy John Mara, the Giants are back where they were in the late 60s through the 70s, a sad joke of an organization that can't get out of its own way.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It is mind boggling that they beat the Seahawks. The best example I have seen as of late of the old saw "on any given Sunday".

It was the best example until yesterday. That is when the Jets did the Jetsiest Jets thing to ever Jets... by beating a 9-win Rams team playing to secure a playoff spot... and losing the right to draft Trevor Lawrence. Really should've held onto Gregg Williams for a few more weeks.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It is mind boggling that they beat the Seahawks. The best example I have seen as of late of the old saw "on any given Sunday".

It was the best example until yesterday. That is when the Jets did the Jetsiest Jets thing to ever Jets... by beating a 9-win Rams team playing to secure a playoff spot... and losing the right to draft Trevor Lawrence. Really should've held onto Gregg Williams for a few more weeks.

That's true as well, although I chalked yesterday's result up to a combination of you can't lose them all and God hates the Jets.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

It is mind boggling that they beat the Seahawks. The best example I have seen as of late of the old saw "on any given Sunday". And with all due respect to BC guy John Mara, the Giants are back where they were in the late 60s through the 70s, a sad joke of an organization that can't get out of its own way.

Poodle Pete throttled down Russ like a moron.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:37 pm

The Jets would have ruined Lawrence. Jax might do the same but they actually might get to the playoffs on occasion with him.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:06 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The Jets would have ruined Lawrence. Jax might do the same but they actually might get to the playoffs on occasion with him.

I think Lawrence is a generational-type QB prospect. I don't think any team would pass on him. He would've been the number one overall selection in every draft since arriving on campus (should he had been permitted to enter). That said, by Jetsing their opportunity, Douglas should trade the #2 selection to a desperate team willing to surrender assets. I think there is a great opportunity to trade #2 to Atlanta. They would be bringing back a homegrown kid and could move on from Matt Ryan... the Jets could get multiple high picks this year and next.

The Jets should continue to focus on building out their offensive and defensive lines... and then focus on DB and LB. The last thing they need is RB, WR and TE. Those positions are only effective when you have the other pieces in place. Frank Gore and the rest of their makeshift skill positions shows that average talent at those positions are readily available on the waiver wire. You only invest in those other positions when you are ready to compete. There could be a certain freedom from expectations that the Jets can enjoy by missing on Lawrence.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Matt Ryan is not being moved until post-June 1, at the earliest.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Third Down Donnie Brown is out at Michigan.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:35 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Third Down Donnie Brown is out at Michigan.

Good
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:58 pm

GDF probably feels justified as he said Brown wasn't a DI dc.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Thamel reporting BSU head coach Brian Harsin to be named auburns next head coach after Brent Venabels turned them down.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Third Down Donnie Brown is out at Michigan.

I figured this would get people fired up around here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:49 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Thamel reporting BSU head coach Brian Harsin to be named auburns next head coach after Brent Venabels turned them down.

What’s Venebles waiting for? You’re not going to find a much better gig than Auburn.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Thamel reporting BSU head coach Brian Harsin to be named auburns next head coach after Brent Venabels turned them down.

What’s Venebles waiting for? You’re not going to find a much better gig than Auburn.

I think Venables has figured out that he will be disaster as a head coach and is willing to do a job for which he is well-suited for $2 million a year. Venables is an inarticulate hayseed who, conversationally, comes across as a cross between a character from Deliverance and The Hills Have Eyes. As the face of a program he is a disaster waiting to happen. He has a sweet gig. Dabo is an ace recruiter and the perfect program CEO for modern college football. He will make sure that Venables will have a plethora of 5 star talent and Venables will deploy it well. I congratulate Venables on being self aware of what he is and honest about his own limitations. Most people never reach that state of enlightenment.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think Venables has figured out that he will be disaster as a head coach and is willing to do a job for which he is well-suited for $2 million a year. Venables is an inarticulate hayseed who, conversationally, comes across as a cross between a character from Deliverance and The Hills Have Eyes. As the face of a program he is a disaster waiting to happen. He has a sweet gig. Dabo is an ace recruiter and the perfect program CEO for modern college football. He will make sure that Venables will have a plethora of 5 star talent and Venables will deploy it well. I congratulate Venables on being self aware of what he is and honest about his own limitations. Most people never reach that state of enlightenment.

All of this is probably true but barring a scandal, after flaming out as a HC, he would walk away with $millions and still be able to get a top DC position.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I think Venables has figured out that he will be disaster as a head coach and is willing to do a job for which he is well-suited for $2 million a year. Venables is an inarticulate hayseed who, conversationally, comes across as a cross between a character from Deliverance and The Hills Have Eyes. As the face of a program he is a disaster waiting to happen. He has a sweet gig. Dabo is an ace recruiter and the perfect program CEO for modern college football. He will make sure that Venables will have a plethora of 5 star talent and Venables will deploy it well. I congratulate Venables on being self aware of what he is and honest about his own limitations. Most people never reach that state of enlightenment.

This had me in tears. Also, there's way too much meth available within an hours drive of Opelika for him to bring his kids to Auburn and nothing else to do. Clemson has accessible meth in Robbinsville and the Nantahala has tons of backwoods cookers, but his kids have to drive past too many distracting things to get to those places from Clemson. No way they have that level of focus.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:42 pm

It’s Harbaugh who is the problem, not Don Brown. Michigan’s offense is horrible. With Brown out it’s a help to our recruiting.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:45 am

so is brown's defense and reliance on the ISL all stars to go up against ryan day
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:02 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:so is brown's defense and reliance on the ISL all stars to go up against ryan day

Going back and reading the buconvict/#michiganmbasmatter posts in the recruiting thread is a delight given how everything transpired in the months since helter-skeltering this board with Harbaugh/Brown love.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:05 am

Your Michigan obsession is odd.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:19 am

Terry Bowden is back from the dead
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:12 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I think Venables has figured out that he will be disaster as a head coach and is willing to do a job for which he is well-suited for $2 million a year. Venables is an inarticulate hayseed who, conversationally, comes across as a cross between a character from Deliverance and The Hills Have Eyes. As the face of a program he is a disaster waiting to happen. He has a sweet gig. Dabo is an ace recruiter and the perfect program CEO for modern college football. He will make sure that Venables will have a plethora of 5 star talent and Venables will deploy it well. I congratulate Venables on being self aware of what he is and honest about his own limitations. Most people never reach that state of enlightenment.

This had me in tears. Also, there's way too much meth available within an hours drive of Opelika for him to bring his kids to Auburn and nothing else to do.

Tonto that is exactly what Kevin Williamson said in his latest book. Would you care to venture a guess as to what (exactly) is used as "currency" as a medium of exchange to go from the Food stamps all the way to the meth? Would any of you? Its one thing specifically.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Have any of Hafley's staff been offered a gig/promotion elsewhere? I don't think I've heard anyone's name mentioned outside of Lukabu.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:23 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

This had me in tears. Also, there's way too much meth available within an hours drive of Opelika for him to bring his kids to Auburn and nothing else to do.

Tonto that is exactly what Kevin Williamson said in his latest book. Would you care to venture a guess as to what (exactly) is used as "currency" as a medium of exchange to go from the Food stamps all the way to the meth? Would any of you? Its one thing specifically.

i assume it is lies. they are using lies as currency
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

i assume it is lies. they are using lies as currency

Good guess. Nice try.

Soda. Its cans of soda. What happens in the White Ghetto is this (follow the welfare/poverty steps):

• You get your EBT card
  • One specific day (each month) state government loads your EBT card with food stamp money that is only good for food
  • You go to the only grocery store in town, and buy cases and cases of pop, sometimes 30 cases or more
  • You then sell that pop to whomever wants to buy it at 50 cents on the EBT dollar that you paid
  • Now you have cash to buy meth, lottery tickets, and cigarettes

You must convert the food stamp to cash. Because only cash buys the meth and the scratch tickets. Soda is the most perfect medium of exchange in the White Ghetto of meth-Appalachia. You could even convert unopened cans of soda into blowjobs. As such, its not uncommon to find cans of soda (their currency) never actually opened and drank. I find this shit (a world, in which none of us on this board live) to be fascinating. I only wish that colleges and universities weren't too "politically-correct-pussy" to educate our children on this so that they really know what-the-fuck is going on in the poverty parts of this country.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:53 pm

What the hell is going in here?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:What the hell is going in here?

nospace is trying to corner the cigarette market in the local hi-max prison, i think
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium