Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:31 pm

I don't know if I'd be leaving Lawrence in there much longer. Especially considering the alternative is pretty solid.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:52 pm

It would have been great financially for BC if both made the playoffs. Oh well, it is always great to see ND get destroyed.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Here’s what the CFP Committee ought to do. Notre Dame and Ohio State are out. Bama, Clemson, Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina. Sure the Bearcats and Chanticleers will get worked, but so would ND, tOSU and A&M for that matter. Notre Dame and tOSU play in the fraud bowl, winner gets a nice 3rd Place Trophy and the loser is declared The Fraud of the Year. It’s all ratings gold and imagine if one of the David’s actually managed to beat a Baby Rapist Goliath.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Here’s what the CFP Committee ought to do. Notre Dame and Ohio State are out. Bama, Clemson, Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina. Sure the Bearcats and Chanticleers will get worked, but so would ND, tOSU and A&M for that matter. Notre Dame and tOSU play in the fraud bowl, winner gets a nice 3rd Place Trophy and the loser is declared The Fraud of the Year. It’s all ratings gold and imagine if one of the David’s actually managed to beat a Baby Rapist Goliath.

I don't think the Pac-12 or the Big-XII are sending a team. ACC sends both teams. One plays Ohio State. The other will play Alabama.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Here’s what the CFP Committee ought to do. Notre Dame and Ohio State are out. Bama, Clemson, Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina. Sure the Bearcats and Chanticleers will get worked, but so would ND, tOSU and A&M for that matter. Notre Dame and tOSU play in the fraud bowl, winner gets a nice 3rd Place Trophy and the loser is declared The Fraud of the Year. It’s all ratings gold and imagine if one of the David’s actually managed to beat a Baby Rapist Goliath.

Yeah this is a good play for the committee too. They obviously hate doing it but it’s win win, either ratings gold and Cinderella or they have a good excuse to never have to do it again.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Brian Kelly has the infamous distinction of being the only Notre Dame coach to lose a conference championship game
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:41 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:

Yeah this is a good play for the committee too. They obviously hate doing it but it’s win win, either ratings gold and Cinderella or they have a good excuse to never have to do it again.

Subbing out OSU and ND for two nobodies is going to bring ratings gold?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:20 am

Yes, because people will tune in for the novelty of David vs Goliath and then tune in for the Fraud Bowl. Alabama-Clemson as a final will also be a big ratings winner. You plug in ND and tOSU in the CFP, you get a total of 3 games with good ratings, you keep them out and make them play each other you get 4 games with big ratings.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:29 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Yes, because people will tune in for the novelty of David vs Goliath and then tune in for the Fraud Bowl. Alabama-Clemson as a final will also be a big ratings winner. You plug in ND and tOSU in the CFP, you get a total of 3 games with good ratings, you keep them out and make them play each other you get 4 games with big ratings.

I wouldn't mind a Coastal Carolina in the playoffs because they "nutted up" and played an undefeated UC-Provo late in the season with just 46 hours for the team to practice and prepare. That is balls. But Cincinnati? No.

It doesn't matter. It will likely be Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, right or wrong.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Rolling out the playoff lineup soon. ND should be out and A&M should be in. ND would have 2 losses if Clemson was full strength. The 2 top 15 wins is smoke and mirrors.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Rolling out the playoff lineup soon. ND should be out and A&M should be in. ND would have 2 losses if Clemson was full strength. The 2 top 15 wins is smoke and mirrors.

TAMU played beat exactly who? A 3-loss Florida team? They played only 3 games against teams with a winning record. They played 2 less games overall. And, the Committee better be very careful about penalizing teams who play an extra game in a championship game. TAMU’s entire resume is “we are in the SEC”. If ND who was ranked #2 in the country 18 hours ago can’t make the playoffs. The ACC will NEVER have two teams make the playoffs. It will be a distinction afforded only SEC and B10.

The rankings really should be Bama, Clemson, ND and OSU/TAMU. People are focused on the ND because they don’t want to set up a 3rd game so close on the heels of the rematch.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Notre Dame is going to get rolled by Bama.

Good news for BC. We get to see ND get embarrassed on National TV again. And we get a rather large payday because there are two ACC teams in the playoffs.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:09 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Notre Dame is going to get rolled by Bama.

Good news for BC. We get to see ND get embarrassed on National TV again. And we get a rather large payday because there are two ACC teams in the playoffs.

Notre Dame has a better team than Texas A&M and both the Big-XII and the Pac-12 blow this year. So this was the correct decision. If they had given Coastal Carolina an opportunity, I would not have been annoyed by that. But since they don't get a shot this year (of all years) under these seasonal circumstances, I can't see how any FBS school NOT in the Power-5 ever really gets a shot at the playoffs. I guess it isn't mathematically possible.

Clemson's defensive line is quite a bit stronger than Northwestern's. I think Clemson will win (albeit, not decisively) and Notre Dame will get curb stomped and that is okay. Sets up for the national championship game we all expected to see if you had asked most of us at the beginning of the season.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:19 am

atm should be in. the sharting ryan-days should be playing in the orange bowl against a shitacular carolina team. the clemson is going to beat ohio state by a gazillion and i will savor every running-up-the-score-point that gets scored on those assfaces. this whole season is a joke but a hansen-level joke... no one is laughing
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:atm should be in. the sharting ryan-days should be playing in the orange bowl against a shitacular carolina team. the clemson is going to beat ohio state by a gazillion and i will savor every running-up-the-score-point that gets scored on those assfaces. this whole season is a joke but a hansen-level joke... no one is laughing

This is a good post and I applaud you for it. While I think A&M would get beaten as bad or worse by Clemson than Notre Dame, at least they played a full schedule. The Big 10 should not have been rewarded for being corrupt, duplicitous sissies. There is nothing on Ohio State's resume that indicates that they aren't going to get pantsed by Clemson. I also think that this year has been instructive on Ryan Day, boy genius of college football (replacing Lincoln Riley as the preeminent boy genius and QB guru). As Urbie's players' eligibility expire (they certainly aren't graduating) and they move on, we will see if Day has a similar eye for talent and the ability to deploy the talent he selected against good opposition (read: outside the Big 10). My guess is the answer is no.

Maybe it would be wiser to just let Alabama and Clemson have at it for the National Championship. Then have tOSU, Notre Dame, Texas A&M and Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati play in a tournament for the National Championship for schools that aren't Clemson and Alabama. Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati can play a play in game in Dayton, OH like they do in the Men's basketball tournament. It would be good for the local Dayton economy and because of its proximity to Cincinnati it might even draw some fans (Coastal Carolina would have no cause to complain, because the only reason they are likely undefeated is because the Fighting Mormons had to cross the country on 48 hours notice to play them and also, fuck them just because). Then the four teams in the CFPFTTANAAC could be put in a bubble in Dallas and play it out in the two weeks leading up to the Bama-Clemson game.

Notre Dame would actually probably be the favorite in such a tournament, which would be good for college football and we could all enjoy being inundated with headlines like Notre Dame is Back!! (except for Alabama and Clemson). And if they won, then they could build a statue of Brian Kelly outside one of the gates of Notre Dame Stadium. Perhaps the statue would feature Kelly berating Declan Sullivan as he plunges to his death off the hydraulic lift or screaming in the face of a QB who could not execute Kelly's inept and overly complicated offense. That would be nice.

Of further benefit would be that if A&M won, they still find that no one cares about them in Texas and perhaps they'd all go commit seppoku. If Ohio State won, they'd complain so loudly about being excluded from Clemson-Bama bracket that it might anger Nick Saban enough that he'd be compelled to fly up to Columbus and eat Ryan Day's soul, which would be a welcome development in an otherwise dreary year. If Cincinnati were to win over the Buckeyes, they'd likely be defunded by the state of Ohio, which would also be a good ending.

Finally, if Clemson beats Alabama--and I suspect they will--Alabama will immediately self-proclaim themselves the National Champions for teams that aren't Clemson adding an impressive 47th National Title (10 or 11 of which are actually legitimate). Its a win, win, win for everybody involved. Except for the USMA, who just got fucked by the entire Pac 12 and will not go to a bowl while South Carolina and Mississippi State (both with losing records) get to play. Because nothing says more about the state of college football than fucking over kids who are actually smart, go to school, graduate and then serve our country (sometimes getting killed on our behalf for their troubles). To quote Donald Trump--or at least the Donald Trump that exists in the fevered and deluded minds of Hansen, Murt, BME and any other retards I have left out--"What a bunch of suckers!"
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:atm should be in. the sharting ryan-days should be playing in the orange bowl against a shitacular carolina team. the clemson is going to beat ohio state by a gazillion and i will savor every running-up-the-score-point that gets scored on those assfaces. this whole season is a joke but a hansen-level joke... no one is laughing

This is a good post and I applaud you for it. While I think A&M would get beaten as bad or worse by Clemson than Notre Dame, at least they played a full schedule. The Big 10 should not have been rewarded for being corrupt, duplicitous sissies. There is nothing on Ohio State's resume that indicates that they aren't going to get pantsed by Clemson. I also think that this year has been instructive on Ryan Day, boy genius of college football (replacing Lincoln Riley as the preeminent boy genius and QB guru). As Urbie's players' eligibility expire (they certainly aren't graduating) and they move on, we will see if Day has a similar eye for talent and the ability to deploy the talent he selected against good opposition (read: outside the Big 10). My guess is the answer is no.

Maybe it would be wiser to just let Alabama and Clemson have at it for the National Championship.

This. When there is a clear #1 (Bama) and #2 (Clempson) there is no need for a playoff.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Maybe it would be wiser to just let Alabama and Clemson have at it for the National Championship.

This. When there is a clear #1 (Bama) and #2 (Clempson) there is no need for a playoff.

Too much money is at stake. These aren't just bowl games anymore.

1 game that everyone watches = $$$$

3 games that everyone watches = $$$$$$$$$$$$
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Dabo Sweeney absolutely savage ranking OSU 11th in the coaches poll.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Dabo Sweeney absolutely savage ranking OSU 11th in the coaches poll.

I agree that they are the best 6-win team in the country.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:59 pm

I think its awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think its awesome.

I think it is pretty clear from his vote that Dabo has watched a lot of game tape of Ohio State and has formed an extremely unflattering view of their talent and Ryan Day's abilities as a coach. There is no reason for him to poke the bear like that unless he thinks they suck. What's even better is that you know if Clemson can, they are going to deliver an absolutely savage beat down of Ohio State. There will be no taking the foot off the gas like they did in the middle of the 3rd quarter against ND and Alabama back in 2018 (once the games were effectively over). Dabo is going to try and hang 60 on them and in doing so, put Ohio State into the category of not getting the benefit of the doubt with respect to the playoff in future years.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:12 pm

I think it is pretty clear from his vote that Dabo has watched a lot of game tape of Ohio State and has formed an extremely unflattering view of their talent and Ryan Day's abilities as a coach. There is no reason for him to poke the bear like that unless he thinks they suck. What's even better is that you know if Clemson can, they are going to deliver an absolutely savage beat down of Ohio State. There will be no taking the foot off the gas like they did in the middle of the 3rd quarter against ND and Alabama back in 2018 (once the games were effectively over). Dabo is going to try and hang 60 on them and in doing so, put Ohio State into the category of not getting the benefit of the doubt with respect to the playoff in future years.

I have been watching college football for decades. I can't remember any time in the past when Ohio State DIDN'T get respect. There has never been a drop-off for the Buckeyes the way there has (and is) for the Nebraska Cornhuskers (who used to get more respect in college football than anyone.) Even when they were coached by Cooper and his (what?) 1-11 or whatever-the-fuck-is-was record against Michigan, they were still respected, worshipped even. We are talking about a school with just more than three-quarters the number of living alumni as Arizona State University (the largest university in the entire world) with an athletic budget 9 times larger. The Buckeyes have always been the New York Yankees and the Montreal Canadians of College Football. They will always get the respect (deserved or undeserved.)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:19 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

I have been watching college football for decades. I can't remember any time in the past when Ohio State DIDN'T get respect. There has never been a drop-off for the Buckeyes the way there has (and is) for the Nebraska Cornhuskers (who used to get more respect in college football than anyone.) Even when they were coached by Cooper and his (what?) 1-11 or whatever-the-fuck-is-was record against Michigan, they were still respected, worshipped even. We are talking about a school with just more than three-quarters the number of living alumni as Arizona State University (the largest university in the entire world) with an athletic budget 9 times larger. The Buckeyes have always been the New York Yankees and the Montreal Canadians of College Football. They will always get the respect (deserved or undeserved.)

there is so much wrong in this statement i don't even know where to begin.

in other news, the clemson -7 is the freest money that ever was free. i had to check several times to ensure i wasn't reading the 1st quarter/1st half line
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:49 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

there is so much wrong in this statement i don't even know where to begin.

in other news, the clemson -7 is the freest money that ever was free. i had to check several times to ensure i wasn't reading the 1st quarter/1st half line

What’s that statement teddy constantly writes about me or others replying to funishment? I feel it’s applicable here.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:14 pm

No space is earnest, it is different.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:No space is earnest, it is different.

I’ve never done this, but THIS
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:59 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It will be interesting when the trans issue reaches D1 and the woke media have to take sides.

Tulsi is touching the third rail.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/tulsi-gab ... ports-act/

Rep Gabbard will be missed.

I have to agree with angrydick.

once these trannies start dominating women's sports and the Latte Lib Parent's female progeny are disadvantaged, you'll see how quickly the Wokeness disappears here.

The first batch of executive orders issued by Biden includes one that requires women’s sports to include biological men. So... this topic is going to come to a head quickly. Feminists... this is your hand-picked administration. How are you liking the new woke world?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:51 pm

It should elevate field hockey into a decent spectator sport. Could this also help nag hoops???

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:17 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It should elevate field hockey into a decent spectator sport. Could this also help nag hoops???

Go Eagles!

Wait, so you want to see dudes hang dong while wearing a field hockey skirt? A little weird but you do you /each unto his own.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:05 pm

If you are a small school with a nag hoop program you should be loading up your roster with dudes willing to proclaim that they are women in exchange for a free education and a place to stay and free eats. Recruit out of a pool of JUCOs who are looking at below mid-major offers. Bring them in and go 37-0 and beat Baylor or UCONN or whoever 120-30 in the National Championship game. Revel in your win, as the reaction to it will end up saving women’s sports and putting mentally ill she male freaks and their acolytes back into shadows where they belong.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium