Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Postby bcshater on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Generally one of the best weeks in college football, Rivalry Week.

The Iron Bowl @ 3:30 EST Saturday. The Paul Bunyan's Axe game @ 2pm EST.

No Apple Cup this weekend as Washington and Washington St. are not playing each other as they generally would this weekend.

Everyone will be interested in the Thanksgiving Day Colorado St. at Air Force game on CBSSN with a rooting interest for the Falcons of Air Force.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Re: Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:23 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:Everyone will be interested in the Thanksgiving Day Colorado St. at Air Force game on CBSSN with a rooting interest for the Falcons of Air Force.

Canceled. The Heinz Hammer can have all the fries he wants tomorrow.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:57 pm

ND's D just dominated UNC in the 2nd half.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:11 pm

again impressed by ND, they might be favored against clem in acc cg in 3 weeks

fsu cancels on day of game once again

not sure who to root for in the ped state donnie brown showdown
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:23 pm

NCState is 6-3 with another win today and next week against GT. You’d think they are having a great season until you realize that they missed CU and ND and lost to the only teams they’ve played who has a pulse (Mia, UNC, VT).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Michigan appears to be drained coming off their huge, comeback road win against the Mighty Scarlet Knights of the Raritan. Also, NC State is hot garbage.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:09 pm

Can we talk about FSU having successive teams each spending $300k to travel and lodge in Tallahassee only for FSU to cancel the game a couple of hours beforehand? It’s like they found a cottage industry to support the gaping hole in their budget.

They have yet to play since the expose came out about the program being a train wreck. Last week, it was because a single, backup OL tested negative and FSU hadn’t had a case since Sept. This week, Clemson had zero new cases (supporting Dabo’s claim that his team followed guidelines). Yet, FSU has positive cases and quarantining going on such that they didn’t have the personnel to play.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:32 pm

I'm glad Vandy used their female kicker for the opening kickoff of the 2nd half because she probably isn't going to get a chance for an XP or FG. What a dreadful team.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:47 pm

Holy shit. If there is a worse coach in Division 1 than Dino Babers, I do not know who it could possibly be. The lack of situational awareness and poor clock management is such that even the Dazzler would have looked at that and shook his head in sadness at the incompetence on display.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:59 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Michigan appears to be drained coming off their huge, comeback road win against the Mighty Scarlet Clerks of the Raritan.

Is Don Brown the highest paid college assistant?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Does it make me a bad person if I point out that the chick kicker at Vandy clunked a squib/grounder that barely made it to the 35 yard line? Or if I think this whole stunt was a cynical ploy by Derek Mason to somehow save his job by being uber woke? Or if I pointed out that half the guys at my tailgate could kick it farther in the air than the all-SEC goalie?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:36 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Does it make me a bad person if I point out that the chick kicker at Vandy clunked a squib/grounder that barely made it to the 35 yard line? Or if I think this whole stunt was a cynical ploy by Derek Mason to somehow save his job by being uber woke? Or if I pointed out that half the guys at my tailgate could kick it farther in the air than the all-SEC goalie?

She was draining 55 yarders in warm-ups
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Does it make me a bad person if I point out that the chick kicker at Vandy clunked a squib/grounder that barely made it to the 35 yard line? Or if I think this whole stunt was a cynical ploy by Derek Mason to somehow save his job by being uber woke? Or if I pointed out that half the guys at my tailgate could kick it farther in the air than the all-SEC goalie?

Coach claimed that he wanted that because it was a more natural kicking motion for her which would actually make a lot of sense to me if she was a field player in soccer (where you obviously want to keep the ball down) but whatever. She made FGs of up to 38 yards this week in practice which is probably 10-15 yards shy of what a seasoned college kicker would make in a non-pressure situation but then again she only had 3-4 days to practice before the game. Even if this was a gimmick, it was cool to see a chick do something like this. You would have to be a complete fucking dick or someone with serious small dick syndrome to think otherwise. It’s a shame Vandy is such a dumpster fire of a program because i would have loved to see her try an XP.

EDIT. Might have misread the article. I think she was hitting from the 38yd line which would be a 55yarder.
Last edited by hansen on Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Michigan appears to be drained coming off their huge, comeback road win against the Mighty Scarlet Knights of the Raritan. Also, NC State is hot garbage.

The Lions firing Patricia lines up nicely. He won’t even need to sell the house or take the kids out of school.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:28 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Coach claimed that he wanted that because it was a more natural kicking motion for her which would actually make a lot of sense to me if she was a field player in soccer (where you obviously want to keep the ball down) but whatever. She made FGs of up to 38 yards this week in practice which is probably 10-15 yards shy of what a seasoned college kicker would make in a non-pressure situation but then again she only had 3-4 days to practice before the game. Even if this was a gimmick, it was cool to see a chick do something like this. You would have to be a complete fucking dick or someone with serious small dick syndrome to think otherwise. It’s a shame Vandy is such a dumpster fire of a program because i would have loved to see her try an XP.

EDIT. Might have misread the article. I think she was hitting from the 38yd line which would be a 55yarder.

Or, you might know how hard it is to play on a P5 level and resent a fucking gimmick where the gimmick is clearly not a D1/P5 quality player. If there is a girl who has the leg to put the ball into the end zone or inside the 10 yard line with some decent hang time and hit 75% of her field goals inside of 42 or 43 yards, God bless her, hope she matriculates at BC. But a girl who sucks so bad that they have to design a squib that leaks across the 40 yard line and then award cake and ice cream for everyone during an eleventy billion to nothing beat down at the hands of Mizzou, welp, you’d have to be the cum dumpster of a X-C team to celebrate that sort of mockery of the game.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:15 pm

I'll tell you what bothered the shit out of me about this girl kicker. Her team got fucking smoked and she is out there post-game giving interviews on the field about a fucking squib kick. There's a time and a place for an interview after doing what she did. Be a part of that team and walk off the field with your head hanging low like the rest of the players because that was a fucking disgrace of a game for that team. Gross.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:29 pm

Langan was the Rutgers QB during their win today.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:06 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Langan was the Rutgers QB during their win today.

Purdue must be rooting for Satterfield to get he SoCarolina job with the hope that the Ville will save them from that terrible contract they gave Brohm.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:16 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Langan was the Rutgers QB during their win today.

Purdue must be rooting for Satterfield to get he SoCarolina job with the hope that the Ville will save them from that terrible contract they gave Brohm.

Addazio scheduling Purdue and not a better team in order to get P5 wins and then losing to Brohm was fitting. Same strategy bit Addazio in the ass with Kansas.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:54 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:I'll tell you what bothered the shit out of me about this girl kicker. Her team got fucking smoked and she is out there post-game giving interviews on the field about a fucking squib kick. There's a time and a place for an interview after doing what she did. Be a part of that team and walk off the field with your head hanging low like the rest of the players because that was a fucking disgrace of a game for that team. Gross.

Affirmative action in a nutshell. Here you have a woman, quite simply given an opportunity she obviously didn't earn or spend any significant time working towards, over men who could undoubtedly do better, who performs an easy to evaluate task in an unremarkable way, and as a society our immediate reaction is supposed to be...admiration and respect for the girl? That this is a proud milestone of some sort for sports or society? This was Make-A-Wish Foundation level stuff, except when they let the kids with cancer score a touchdown, no one has to pretend the kid earned it.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:13 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Holy shit. If there is a worse coach in Division 1 than Dino Babers, I do not know who it could possibly be. The lack of situational awareness and poor clock management is such that even the Dazzler would have looked at that and shook his head in sadness at the incompetence on display.

Daz is such a better coach than Babers, that Cuse would be better firing Babers and paying CSU to steal Daz... that’s how terrible he is. However, I’m not sure Cuse will cut him loose. Cuse is a very tough program to win at. I think you have to go back and look what the few successful coaches accomplished. Perhaps, look for someone with a Daz-like pedigree. Who has a strong reputation in NY, Ohio, PA and CT. I don’t think young up-and-comers can do it there. I think that program may need more of a lifer. Whipple and HCRE are too old now... but someone like that. If not that, they should look to retreads like Skip Holtz, Kevin Sumlin or Charlie Strong. Basically, they need someone to right the ship and build a program centered around things they can recruit... defense and RBs. Actually... as I write this, it seems that Jeff Monken at USMA would be a near perfect hire for them.

This was a pure political stunt for Mason to save his job. Period. End of story. That said, she is built like a Vandy LB. I thought kickoff was a good option as she likely had a better chance of making the tackle than half that team. Simply... she’s too masculine for Foot’s taste.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:28 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:I'll tell you what bothered the shit out of me about this girl kicker. Her team got fucking smoked and she is out there post-game giving interviews on the field about a fucking squib kick. There's a time and a place for an interview after doing what she did. Be a part of that team and walk off the field with your head hanging low like the rest of the players because that was a fucking disgrace of a game for that team. Gross.

Affirmative action in a nutshell. Here you have a woman, quite simply given an opportunity she obviously didn't earn or spend any significant time working towards, over men who could undoubtedly do better, who performs an easy to evaluate task in an unremarkable way, and as a society our immediate reaction is supposed to be...admiration and respect for the girl? That this is a proud milestone of some sort for sports or society? This was Make-A-Wish Foundation level stuff, except when they let the kids with cancer score a touchdown, no one has to pretend the kid earned it.

It’s not like she stole the job from someone. Team had no kickers available and coach didn’t want to risk injury of a positional player. Can’t hold tryouts because covid. At that point, it’s naturally gonna be a soccer player. Assistant coach of the women soccer team called this girl and asked her to do it, she didn’t approach mason which implies one of the football coaches reached out to the women’s coach for someone.

Based on this, This is NOT affirmative action whatsoever. She did not take the role from a man more qualified so piss off.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:49 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

It’s not like she stole the job from someone. Team had no kickers available and coach didn’t want to risk injury of a positional player. Can’t hold tryouts because covid. At that point, it’s naturally gonna be a soccer player. Assistant coach of the women soccer team called this girl and asked her to do it, she didn’t approach mason which implies one of the football coaches reached out to the women’s coach for someone.

Based on this, This is NOT affirmative action whatsoever. She did not take the role from a man more qualified so piss off.

Jesus hansen, you are an easy trigger for this alias.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:49 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

:81
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

I'll personally crawl to wherever you live and kiss a picture of Michelle Obama's misshapen rear end if there aren't 20 players on the Vanderbilt football team right now who are better at kickoffs, and 100 random male students on the Vanderbilt campus. If the team wasn't 0-7 and had ambitions of being competitive in or perhaps even winning football games, they would have found a way to do tryouts.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:59 am

The team's play on the field showed what they thought about it.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:00 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

The team's play on the field showed what they thought about it.

Well said, and very true!

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:25 am

I hope the Broncos gave her a call. What’s there to lose.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:16 pm

And Mason is fired today so his stunt probably had the opposite effect of what he wanted
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium