Best Players of the 2010’s

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Best Players of the 2010’s

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 pm

I know. It’s been a brutal fucking decade. But while there wasn’t team success, there were quality players.

The best team of this decade, I think, was the 2010 team by results. The 2018 team with Bowman, Rob, Pop and Steff should have been much better than they were.

Gimme your rankings - I didn’t do this just to ramble.

Without further ramblings... here are more ramblings. These are divvy’ed up into the modern basketball positions - guards, wings/forwards, bigs:

guards
1. Reggie Jackson
2. Ky Bowman
3. Jerome Robinson
4. Olivier Hanlan
5. Wynston Tabbs OR (haha)
5b. Jay Heath
6. Biko Paris
7. Derryck Thornton
8. Joe Rahon
9. Jordan Chatman
10. Eli Carter

This is not a bad list. If this depth presented itself below, its a different kind of decade. However, almost none of these guys were good defenders, and thats half the sport.

Wings/Forwards
1. Steffon Mitchell
2. Joe Trapani
3. Aaron Brown
4. Corey Raji
5. Jairus Hamilton (could have been higher)
6. CJ Felder (by the time he graduates, I can see him at #1)
7. AJ Turner
8. Patrick Heckmann

Steffon Mitchell might be the best defensive player in college basketball. He’s certainly BC’s best defensive player since *** ******* or Jared Dudley, take your pick. Probably even better. Corey Raji could be #3 based on talent and longevity, but Aaron Brown had a large statistical impact in his one season. CJ Felder has the highest ceiling here with the exception of Hamilton, I’m looking for a jump from him.

Bigs
1. Ryan Anderson
2. Nik Popvic
3. Dennis Clifford
4. Idrissa Diallo (ouch)
5. Will Magarity

If my #3 is your #1 here... I won’t argue. These top 3 guys are interchangeable. Clifford had high potential. But my God. The fact I had to include Idy and Magarity tells you what you already knew. THIS is where the largest talent deficit has been. You could technically classify Traps as a big if you wanted.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: Best Players of the 2010’s

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:27 pm

God that is terrible for a decade. Take the top 10 guys and the 06 team smokes them.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:29 pm

By the way putting Mitchell in your mouth talking defense with Towlie is a god damn travesty.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Also Rakim Sanders is better than all but about 4 guys on your list. And that is sad.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Also Rakim Sanders is better than all but about 4 guys on your list. And that is sad.

Hah I actually forgot he did technically play for BC in the 2010’s so he could be on here. I didn’t really count the latter half of the 09-10 team, I guess I consider that 2009. What that also means is that Evan Ravenel and Josh Southern would be in the top 5 bigs of the 2010’s. Why did I make this list
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:27 pm

That list of big men is a disaster
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:By the way putting Mitchell in your mouth talking defense with Towlie is a god damn travesty.

Do people think Mitchell is good at basketball still? I feel like the last 3 years should’ve dispelled that. Offense is still part of basketball last I checked.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:By the way putting Mitchell in your mouth talking defense with Towlie is a god damn travesty.

Do people think Mitchell is good at basketball still? I feel like the last 3 years should’ve dispelled that. Offense is still part of basketball last I checked.

He's not even that good at defense. Certainly not good enough to pretend he is the Marcus Smart of NCAA
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Hunta518 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 am

Where’s Eddie Odio?

Also, KC Caudill would be the best big on the team this yeah.
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:31 am

I see we're playing the "attack the best player on the team for no reason" game

In addition to Odio, the big man list is missing Jeffers, Hawkins, Tava, Van Nest, Cain Carney, Reyes, Kraljevic, and big KC Caudill (and technically Southern and Dunn if you're going to include Paris and Raji)

Some wings like Owens and Jackson and Rubin are missing as well, and some guards who wouldn't be in the top 10 so that is excusable (fan favorite Dmitri Batten)

Heckmann should be wing #3!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I see we're playing the "attack the best player on the team for no reason" game

I didn't see any attacks on Heath.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I see we're playing the "attack the best player on the team for no reason" game

that's how you know Mitchell is the best player

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

that's how you know Mitchell is the best player

I definitely don't know that but thanks. Mitchell is a really nice 6th man, not sure why you are bashing him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He's not even that good at defense. Certainly not good enough to pretend he is the Marcus Smart of NCAA

Marcus Smart is not that good of a defender

See I can say ridiculous things too! It’s kind of fun
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:59 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Cool. Mitchell is above average college defender and a miserably bad high school offensive player.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Cool. Mitchell is above average college defender and a miserably bad high school offensive player.

The second part I agree with
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:22 am

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
Also, KC Caudill would be the best big on the team this yeah.

His talents and abilities were criminally underutilized!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

MISERABLY BAD

Steffon Mitchell:

Played four years at Shakopee High School before spending a prep year at Sunrise Christian Academy
Finished his career as the all-time leader in points (1,985) and rebounds (800) at Shakopee
Named Associated Press All-State First Team and Star Tribune All-Metro First Team as a senior after averaging 25.3 points and 9.7 rebounds
Was an AP All-State Third Team and Star Tribune All-Metro First Team as a junior after averaging 24.6 points and 9.3 rebounds
Scored a school-record 754 points that season and was named to the AP All-State Third Team

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum