2020-21 Schedule

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2020-21 Schedule

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

I've been waiting 14 years for us to play Villanova, and they go and schedule a tournament game with them this year?!?!

Nov. 25 at Mohegan Sun. I'm assuming no fans? Oh well.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Re: 2020-21 Schedule

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:06 pm

This schedule is finally going to rid us of JC forever.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This schedule is finally going to rid us of JC forever.

Not if "budget uncertainties" and "Steffon Mitchell" have anything to say about it!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:13 pm

Lots of weekday mid-afternoon start times for the December games, including many of the good nationally-televised games. Weird schedule for a weird year.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Is that a grassy knoll? Because this looks like an assassination attempt
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:03 am

I really do not understand why they haven't pulled the plug on JC yet. What real difference would it make if any of the assistants were coaching this season?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:01 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I really do not understand why they haven't pulled the plug on JC yet. What real difference would it make if any of the assistants were coaching this season?

BC wasn't going to get rid of Christian with Covid happening, and with the basketball facility not yet locked in. They probably felt let's just punt this weird season and get a real coach in March 2021.

With a new coach it will be time to install some accountability. If you don't make the effort on defense, then you sit. We're not winning anything next year anyway, so change the culture right away. That's just as Coughlin handled things when things were such a mess upon his arrival. First thing was to make sure the players followed his approach from the get-go.

If the basketball facility smoke is real, then we have a better chance at hiring a good coach when Christian's let go. I remember and respect Spinelli going back to his Leominster days, as he really laid it all out on the floor when he played. But to shock the players into realizing max effort is mandatory, he probably can't be invited back on the new coach's staff. So if you're going to dump the staff, let them play out the string and bottom out before the new coach comes aboard..
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:45 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I really do not understand why they haven't pulled the plug on JC yet. What real difference would it make if any of the assistants were coaching this season?

BC wasn't going to get rid of Christian with Covid happening, and with the basketball facility not yet locked in. They probably felt let's just punt this weird season and get a real coach in March 2021.

With a new coach it will be time to install some accountability. If you don't make the effort on defense, then you sit. We're not winning anything next year anyway, so change the culture right away. That's just as Coughlin handled things when things were such a mess upon his arrival. First thing was to make sure the players followed his approach from the get-go.

If the basketball facility smoke is real, then we have a better chance at hiring a good coach when Christian's let go. I remember and respect Spinelli going back to his Leominster days, as he really laid it all out on the floor when he played. But to shock the players into realizing max effort is mandatory, he probably can't be invited back on the new coach's staff. So if you're going to dump the staff, let them play out the string and bottom out before the new coach comes aboard..

I like both Spinelli and Cheeks, but both need to go after this season. Complete fresh start after these last 7 years. The use of the end-game TO against SJU was my last straw with the JC regime.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Spinelli is our best recruiter, right? If they let the entire staff go, they gotta get a similar guy or better. Shit get two assistants like him.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:40 pm

I’d love to keep Spinelli and Cheeks while simply hiring a better head coach. Sounds good on paper, but probably more than a few reasons that won’t come to fruition
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:12 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:

Fair enough. Just stay away from Coen. He stays right where he is.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby thebs19 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:40 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Spinelli is our best recruiter, right? If they let the entire staff go, they gotta get a similar guy or better. Shit get two assistants like him.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but recruiting isn't exactly something to be proud of during this era. I do think Spinelli seems to know what he's doing more than the others, but I can't say our recruiting would get worse if we didn't keep him.

Our apparent ace in the hole recruiting ploy is bringing on crappier older brothers - but then Jimmy C winds up playing the elder more than the younger anyway.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum