Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Notre Dame - 11/14/2020

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Notre Dame - 11/14/2020

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:07 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:All this obsession about Jurk and the offense when the defense never made a stop all game. The failure of the offense to capitalize on turnovers was a huge issue, but honestly....the defense was awful.

The future on offensive is bright: all of the stars are young. The defense without the graduate transfers is a huge concern. We have a fistful of promising DB recruits, but our LBs and DL are ridiculously thin. Lamot got a lot of play today and was not good...and that’s being generous. The DL would be a disaster without the graduate transfers: what do we have next year???

Positives are that Hafley has a lot of work to do. People questioning the coaching forget how bad our coaching had been. Lots of work to do, but we are on the right track. This was a 4-5 win team pre-season. 7 wins is a reality...that’s not a bad thing

DLine for next yr
Sr-Berry, Valdez
Jr-Betro, Sillah
So-Ness, Ciaffoni, Henderson, Horsley

Along with 6 incoming recruits. Hafley et al will have to grab some more graduate transfers.

Last time we had 8 wins was when Montel Harris was our starting tailback? :shrug
Last edited by MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:12 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:AJ Black and Trevor Hass reporting that Jurkovec has been playing with a separated shoulder since Clemson.

Shit. Why play through that injury.

cause the kid's tough as balls

Kid takes hit as well as any QB out there. He’s been outright terrible since the first half of Clemson. It’s been so bad, that a separated shoulder would explain a lot.

Btw... I will never understand the hiring of the OL coach or this year’s use of David Bailey (or lack there of).

Have you seen Bailey try to pass protect?

No because he is never in on passing plays
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:AJ Black and Trevor Hass reporting that Jurkovec has been playing with a separated shoulder since Clemson.

Kid takes hit as well as any QB out there. He’s been outright terrible since the first half of Clemson. It’s been so bad, that a separated shoulder would explain a lot.

Btw... I will never understand the hiring of the OL coach or this year’s use of David Bailey (or lack there of).

Can't catch, can't block. I get the Stockholm Syndrome, I really do. But lose it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:36 pm

If Jurk is injured, we've gotta give Grosel a chance to show what he can do. Lack of open competition demoralizes the entire roster and staff. They worked on the Grosel package all offseason. Hafley is out of excuses.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:05 pm

You can definitely see that something is wrong with Jurkovec. His accuracy is definitely off the last two games. Hopefully, he will be 100% for the last two games.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:08 pm

Gets 2 weeks off to let the shoulder heal.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Can't catch, can't block. I get the Stockholm Syndrome, I really do. But lose it.

Bailey is 10 times the runner compared to Levy... about equal as a pass catcher... 10 times worse as a blocker. If your QB has a separated shoulder and can barely throw, then you should try moving the ball with the only running back who gets positive yards.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Bailey is 10 times the runner compared to Levy... about equal as a pass catcher... 10 times worse as a blocker. If your QB has a separated shoulder and can barely throw, then you should try moving the ball with the only running back who gets positive yards.

Bailey in a zone blocking scheme is worthless
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

He's a great runner in a passing offense that can't block or catch.

Ironically, Levy had 9 carries for 51 yards on top of it. Get over it, we have seen the last of the bell cow back carry us to 6 wins.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:54 pm

HJS Jurk hatred is IB-level retarded. Did any of you watch the fucking game? If Grosel had played we would have scored 10 points tops. I spoke to someone close to the ND program this evening and he said ND was amazed at how unathletic we are—said Hafley ought to be the coach of the year based on having a winning record with a complete lack of defensive talent and WRs who were effectively covered most of the game by ND’s OLBs.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:HJS Jurk hatred is IB-level retarded. Did any of you watch the fucking game? If Grosel had played we would have scored 10 points tops. I spoke to someone close to the ND program this evening and he said ND was amazed at how unathletic we are—said Hafley ought to be the coach of the year based on having a winning record with a complete lack of defensive talent and WRs who were effectively covered most of the game by ND’s OLBs.

I agree on defense. ND didn't cover Long once the whole game, and Flowers, Lewis and Gill were very open a lot. I actually thought ND won the game on the DLine getting to Jurk.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:02 pm

Speaking of the running game, we really need to put an end to this Zay Flowers end-around horseshit. Another negative play trying it today.

Flowers rushing stats this season: 10 runs. 3 negative plays. 32 yards total. He had a 10 yard gain and a 22 yard gain against GT. In fact, if you disregard his 3 runs vs. GT for 36 yards, he would have -4 yards rushing. That's how dreadful these plays have been.

I know they want to get the ball in his hands but this ain't it.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Speaking of the running game, we really need to put an end to this Zay Flowers end-around horseshit. Another negative play trying it today.

10 runs. 3 negative plays. 32 yards. He had a 10 yard gain and a 22 yard gain against GT. In fact, if you disregard his runs vs. GT, he would have -4 yards rushing.

I know they want to get the ball in his hands but this ain't it.

Him on the end around set up the whole run game today. Moved the ILB every time. Have to make it a threat by actually running it once or twice. Nothing wrong with it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:12 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:HJS Jurk hatred is IB-level retarded.

:(

yeah whatever

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Did any of you watch the fucking game? If Grosel had played we would have scored 10 points tops. I spoke to someone close to the ND program this evening and he said ND was amazed at how unathletic we are—said Hafley ought to be the coach of the year based on having a winning record with a complete lack of defensive talent and WRs who were effectively covered most of the game by ND’s OLBs.

What I have been saying for the last three or four years is that BC's players suck. Anyone who honestly watched this game today would be able to see a dramatic difference in their ability compared to Notre Dame, particularly on the offensive and defensive line. BC could not stop Notre Dame today for anything. These are marginal players that Hafley has to work with because Addazio couldn't recruit for shit. And I have been given grief from almost everyone here for saying that. You all seemed to think the problem that Addazio had was he couldn't coach on game day. No, no, NO! His problem was that he couldn't sell. He couldn't recruit the good players. That was the reason why he was fired. And Hafley has to try and make lemonade out of these lemons.

Strange that you would think that I was retarded when the point you just made was the very point I was making for years.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:18 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:HJS Jurk hatred is IB-level retarded. Did any of you watch the fucking game? If Grosel had played we would have scored 10 points tops. I spoke to someone close to the ND program this evening and he said ND was amazed at how unathletic we are—said Hafley ought to be the coach of the year based on having a winning record with a complete lack of defensive talent and WRs who were effectively covered most of the game by ND’s OLBs.

You either pretend talk to someone close to ND or that someone attended their version of the Campus School. Either would explain your “you can never win with Ian Book” fucktarded analysis. BC may be unathletic, but it sure as shit doesn’t show up at WR and TE (who were wide open all day). BC’s major talent deficiency is on D.

Your strawman with Grosel is the same as Hafley being immune to critique because he’s better than Daziani. Jurkovec has been wretched since halftime of Clemson... so bad that playing with a separated shoulder makes a ton of sense. If Anthony Brown was still here, Jurk would likely be on the sideline rehabbing (instead of short-arming passes to wide open linebackers).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:20 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

You either pretend talk to someone close to ND or that someone attended their version of the Campus School. Either would explain your “you can never win with Ian Book” fucktarded analysis. BC may be unathletic, but it sure as shit doesn’t show up at WR and TE (who were wide open all day). BC’s major talent deficiency is on D.

Your strawman with Grosel is the same as Hafley being immune to critique because he’s better than Daziani. Jurkovec has been wretched since halftime of Clemson... so bad that playing with a separated shoulder makes a ton of sense. If Anthony Brown was still here, Jurk would likely be on the sideline rehabbing (instead of short-arming passes to wide open linebackers).

Your first paragraph is right. However. Jurk could have both arms and his head cut off and still be better than anything BC has, and LOL at Anthony Brown.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:23 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:All this obsession about Jurk and the offense when the defense never made a stop all game. The failure of the offense to capitalize on turnovers was a huge issue, but honestly....the defense was awful.

The future on offensive is bright: all of the stars are young. The defense without the graduate transfers is a huge concern. We have a fistful of promising DB recruits, but our LBs and DL are ridiculously thin. Lamot got a lot of play today and was not good...and that’s being generous. The DL would be a disaster without the graduate transfers: what do we have next year???

Positives are that Hafley has a lot of work to do. People questioning the coaching forget how bad our coaching had been. Lots of work to do, but we are on the right track. This was a 4-5 win team pre-season. 7 wins is a reality...that’s not a bad thing

DLine for next yr
Sr-Berry, Valdez
Jr-Betro, Sillah
So-Ness, Ciaffoni, Henderson, Horsley

Along with 6 incoming recruits. Hafley et al will have to grab some more graduate transfers.

Last time we had 8 wins was when Montel Harris was our starting tailback? :shrug

:toby and jags could recruit players. :spaz2 's rookie head coaching year, he still had players.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Your first paragraph is right. However. Jurk could have both arms and his head cut off and still be better than anything BC has, and LOL at Anthony Brown.

I agree. If he’s truly hurt, he’s playing because we have nobody functional as a backup. That’s a problem. I think AB would have been functional (when not in a cast) as his backup.

If we had anything, I’d prefer to see them get action instead of risking injury to Jurk. Jurk is all about the long term. It isn’t about this season. The short term would’ve likely been unchanged 1-1 if we started anyone else these last two weeks and allowed Jurk to heal.
Last edited by HJS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I agree. If he’s truly hurt, he’s playing because we have nobody functional as a backup. I think AB is functional (when not in a cast). If we had anything, I’d prefer to see them get action instead of risking injury to Jurk. Jurk is all about the long term. It isn’t about this season. The short term would’ve likely been unchanged 1-1 if we started anyone else these last two weeks and allowed Jurk to heal.

Maybe. Kid needs as many reps as possible. He's going to be great but he needs to see shit live.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:34 pm

On another note is this Crawford fight worth watching?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I agree. If he’s truly hurt, he’s playing because we have nobody functional as a backup. I think AB is functional (when not in a cast). If we had anything, I’d prefer to see them get action instead of risking injury to Jurk. Jurk is all about the long term. It isn’t about this season. The short term would’ve likely been unchanged 1-1 if we started anyone else these last two weeks and allowed Jurk to heal.

Maybe. Kid needs as many reps as possible. He's going to be great but he needs to see shit live.

If he is just sucking ass because of mechanics or if it’s mental, yes... reps and tape is going to help him through. But, if he’s dealing with some sort of injury, rolling him out there isn’t helping. He looks terrible, could be picking up bad habits to compensate for limitations and possibly risking more severe injury.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:36 pm

He doesn't actually look terrible. I've seen terrible at QB many times and he ain't it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

You are a stupid man. You know who I spoke to, or I am sure Logitano has told you. There’s a reason I sit on the 50 yard line of every Notre Dame game I attend. I have accurately conveyed what the coaching staff thought postgame from someone who will be riding on the charter back to South Bend. JO-K successfully covered Zay for most of the game. Simply a fact and obvious from the tape. Also, I said nothing about the TE. They were complimentary about Long, but a TE is not going to kill you when your WRs can’t run past an OLB on every play.

Grosel on his best day isn’t as good as Jurk on his worst day. Grosel, by rights, should be playing in the Patriot League—he is inferior from an athletic and skill set perspective to most of the QBs in the high end of 1AA. He would not start at Delaware, Villanova or JMU. Those are simply facts. In contrast, Jurk is a high end D1 prospect, albeit with limited experience, but if you think he is the problem, you really know less about football than I thought—and I very rarely underestimate other’s shortcomings, so congratulations, I guess.
Last edited by Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:On another note is this Crawford fight worth watching?

It’s a welterweight title fight. Should have some good action. And it’s a free fight... so, why not. That said, I think both guys are on the downsides of their careers.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:41 pm

Brook looks to be roided out pretty good so maybe. The decision in the fight before was a joke.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:43 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Brook looks to be roided out pretty good so maybe. The decision in the fight before was a joke.

Yeah that was stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:45 pm

Boxing gonna box
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:46 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Boxing gonna box

They didn't need to take 35 minutes though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Appreciate that Tessitore's dad has a fallback.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:52 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

You are a stupid man. You know who I spoke to, or I am sure Logitano has told you. There’s a reason I sit on the 50 yard line of every Notre Dame game I attend. I have accurately conveyed what the coaching staff thought postgame from someone who will be riding on the charter back to South Bend. JO-K successfully covered Zay for most of the game. Simply a fact and obvious from the tape. Also, I said nothing about the TE. They were complimentary about Long, but a TE is not going to kill you when your WRs can’t run past an OLB on every play.

Grosel on his best day isn’t as good as Jurk on his worst day. Grosel, by rights, should be playing in the Patriot League—he is inferior from an athletic and skill set perspective to most of the QBs in the high end of 1AA. He would not start at Delaware, Villanova or JMU. Those are simply facts. In contrast, Jurk is a high end D1 prospect, albeit with limited experience, but if you think he is the problem, you really know less about football than I thought—and I very rarely underestimate other’s shortcomings, so congratulations, I guess.

There isn’t a single poster on this board who thinks that athleticism is a greater problem at WR and TE than it is on D.
There isn’t a single poster on this board who thinks Jurk has played well since Clemson halftime.
There isn’t a single poster on this board who believes “you can never win with Ian Book”.

Idiotic analysis dressed-up as comments from well-placed insiders doesn’t make it any less stupid.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium