Official Gameday Thread - BC at Virginia Tech - 10/17/2020

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC at Virginia Tech - 10/17/2020

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Biletnikoff having a big night.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby tallsy on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:24 pm

I know that Gunnell is a beloved alum but this isnt a one game thing. And while other factors loom much larger he really can't point to the Birmingham Bowl as a success.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Carlson felt left out. Yikes.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:HJS’ strange Grosel agenda is glorious to behold. As bad a 1st half as Jurk has, it is clear on a drive like that that Jurk simply can do things that Grosel could only dream of doing. Jurk is a very good young QB. Grosel is an Ivy League caliber player.

This. He does some dumb shit, but he's got two more years. He's better than any QB to play here since at least Rettig already, and that is generous to Rettig.

This. He’s more than a big arm. He goes through his reads. For every sack he takes doing so he makes three great plays.

What the fuck are you strawmen talking about? This is no different than Teddy talking about us having a dominant D or Dick saying he wished that we hired Brian Kelly away from ND. I say plenty of stupid shit to not have to fabricate statements. For the record, Sam Johnson was the guy I was hoping to see if Jurk didn’t get a waiver or his psychiatrist failed to talk him out of a position change.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Definition of a team loss
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Biletnikoff having a big night.

Can we agree though, that these attempts to get the ball in his hands are terrible? It's just getting too obvious.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm

It is really disappointing after the ridiculous betting lines this week that BC would shit themselves worse than I have witnessed since the Henning era to prove Vegas right. BC is not great at a lot of things in football, but losing like this is something I am not used to after 40 years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:HJS’ strange Grosel agenda is glorious to behold. As bad a 1st half as Jurk has, it is clear on a drive like that that Jurk simply can do things that Grosel could only dream of doing. Jurk is a very good young QB. Grosel is an Ivy League caliber player.

This. He does some dumb shit, but he's got two more years. He's better than any QB to play here since at least Rettig already, and that is generous to Rettig.

This. He’s more than a big arm. He goes through his reads. For every sack he takes doing so he makes three great plays.

What the fuck are you strawmen talking about? This is no different than Teddy talking about us having a dominant D or Dick saying he wished that we hired Brian Kelly away from ND. I say plenty of stupid shit to not have to fabricate statements. For the record, Sam Johnson was the guy I was hoping to see if Jurk didn’t get a waiver or his psychiatrist failed to talk him out of a position change.

What we saw from Johnson in the Spring, which is all we have to go on, wasn’t good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Dude, everyone stopped paying attention to you 6-7 seasons ago. Hit the Boneyard.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:29 pm

I don’t get these posts. Is this your continued anti-Zay agenda for being recently named as a finalist?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:29 pm

Football is humbling. This morning many “experts” thought we were a program on the rise and poised to knock off a double digit, ranked favorite on the road. Tomorrow those same guys will point out that we’re 2-2 in conference with a one point home win against a weak Pitt team and a lucky win against an abysmal TX State.

We are laying a big egg tonight. As usual, we’re better than this but worse than our expectations.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

What we saw from Johnson in the Spring, which is all we have to go on, wasn’t good.

LOL, I was there too, it was fucking terrible. He made Valecce look like Aaron Rodgers.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Another dickhead penalty. Jesus.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:30 pm

another personal foul? srsly?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I don’t get these posts. Is this your continued anti-Zay agenda for being recently named as a finalist?

Pointing out he might win it if he stops dropping the ball and jumping off sides, like you predicting things.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I was fine with that as I had seen enough of Grosel last year to know he wasn’t the answer.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I was fine with that as I had seen enough of Grosel last year to know he wasn’t the answer.

What are you talking about then? Is any sane person thinking QB is a question mark with this team?
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 pm

:bag :whiteflag :suicide
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:33 pm

When can we launch Palmer, Richardson and McDuffie to the moon?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:33 pm

The radio guys are counting missed tackles at this point.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:34 pm

Were the players reading their press clippings all week? Reminds me of 05 or 06 when we went to UNC thinking that we'd run them over.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Pointing out he might win it if he stops dropping the ball and jumping off sides, like you predicting things.

You aren’t watch the game. He jumped once and hasn’t had many drops at all. Zay Flowers isn’t the reason we are losing. But your “great” D is probably a factor.

You guys still hoping for Lukabu to be the next head coach when Hafley is hired by the Jets?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:34 pm

Well, so much for 10-2 season... There’s always next year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:35 pm

Steve Addazio would be proud of this loss.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:35 pm

A sound thrashing.

Feels like the equivalent of grounding into an inning ending DP with the bases loaded to end the first against a great pitcher, who settled down and takes charge. Those first two turnovers really changed everything.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

You aren’t watch the game. He jumped once and hasn’t had many drops at all. Zay Flowers isn’t the reason we are losing. But your “great” D is probably a factor.

You guys still hoping for Lukabu to be the next head coach when Hafley is hired by the Jets?

He had two drops. He jumped off sides once. You are a miserable douche that is rooting for BC to lose badly so you can brag on a website with 3 posters. All facts.

PS I said the D was playing well for a shitty defense.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:35 pm

I told you guys this team was bad for the record. Fortunately we’re playing a team that lost 73-7 today next week.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I told you guys this team was bad for the record. Fortunately we’re playing a team that lost 73-7 today next week.

I don't know man Clemson might score 100 on us.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I told you guys this team was bad for the record. Fortunately we’re playing a team that lost 73-7 today next week.

You're a little better than HJS, but not much.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:37 pm

HJS, you might get to see Grosel.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium