Official Gameday Thread - Texas State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - Texas State

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:42 pm

One other hugely interesting play was the DROP on 3rd down before out last punt. You HAVE to catch that (CJ Lewis maybe?). And I really didn't think the ball hit the ground and that could have been an INT but it was reviewed. Huge turn of events as Carlson boomed one for a net of 55 yards on the next snap.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Skidmark {l Wrote}:Give Philly Jurks some credit, he handled the final drives very well. Did not the let the pressure get to him whatsoever and made the throws necessary to allow us to steal this won. Haven't seen that from a BC QB in a while.

I’m sure our backup would have done the same.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:BC came out flat and was awful in all aspects except for the Oline. The expectations were raised after Duke but it is clear this team has a ways to go. Especially defense and offensive play calling.

The offensive line was terrible, not sure what you were watching.

Well I did only have one eye open watching this shit show. But whenever the QB has 7 seconds to throw the ball, I’d say that’s pretty good

Have you taken a look at the rushing stats?

There were random plays where he had a lot of time. There were also plays he got sacked in 2 seconds. It was Texas State, their best alumni is Sinbad.

The line was not good over all.

Lyndon Johnson says hello
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:57 pm

You guys are missing the Texas State Armadillos joke about Sinbad (who actually went to Denver University)...
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:58 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:Give Philly Jurks some credit, he handled the final drives very well. Did not the let the pressure get to him whatsoever and made the throws necessary to allow us to steal this won. Haven't seen that from a BC QB in a while.

Didn’t HomoJS argue we should bring in Grosel to play the rest of the game at one point? Pretty sure I didn’t imagine that,

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:BC came out flat and was awful in all aspects except for the Oline. The expectations were raised after Duke but it is clear this team has a ways to go. Especially defense and offensive play calling.

Well I did only have one eye open watching this shit show. But whenever the QB has 7 seconds to throw the ball, I’d say that’s pretty good

There were random plays where he had a lot of time. There were also plays he got sacked in 2 seconds. It was Texas State, their best alumni is Sinbad.

Dude, you're a moron

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:03 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Didn’t HomoJS argue we should bring in Grosel to play the rest of the game at one point? Pretty sure I didn’t imagine that,

He was among my intended red font targets.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Well, Jurk did suck for much of this game. And we don't have many stats with Jurk yet to say his "normal" play was like what we saw in the last 18 minutes of this game.

Look, the offensive line is playing like shit. Absolute dog shit wrapped in cat shit. Texas State rushed THREE for pretty much the entire game, 3. And they sacked Jurk way too many times. And there were way too many plays for negative yardage. That is all on this VETERAN, EXPERIENCED, SENIOR LEADERSHIP, offensive line. They blew (for 8 quarter now.)

The only reason why they smoked Duke was 5 turnovers. Look today, 1 turnover. And (because the offensive line sucks) they should have lost. If Hafley worked them hard this week, he damn well better work them TWICE as hard this week (or don't work them at all) because something is just not right with this team. And none of you better post a

we are up aren't we?

comment because the game was pretty embarrassing. The players are all probably pretty happy right now, but they don't really have much of a reason to be.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:08 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Well, Jurk did suck for much of this game. And we don't have many stats with Jurk yet to say his "normal" play was like what we saw in the last 18 minutes of this game.

Look, the offensive line is playing like shit. Absolute dog shit wrapped in cat shit. Texas State rushed THREE for pretty much the entire game, 3. And they sacked Jurk way too many times. And there were way too many plays for negative yardage. That is all on this VETERAN, EXPERIENCED, SENIOR LEADERSHIP, offensive line. They blew (for 8 quarter now.)

The only reason why they smoked Duke was 5 turnovers. Look today, 1 turnover. And (because the offensive line sucks) they should have lost. If Hafley worked them hard this week, he damn well better work them TWICE as hard this week (or don't work them at all) because something is just not right with this team. And none of you better post a

we are up aren't we?

comment because the game was pretty embarrassing. The players are all probably pretty happy right now, but they don't really have much of a reason to be.

Jesus, put yourself on foe.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Dude, you're a moron

I’ve actually never seen the movie.*

* I’m not denying your premise, however
Last edited by hansen on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Dude, you're a moron

I’ve actually never seen the movie.

Exactly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:15 pm

HJS lurking and trying to figure out what he predicted is the best part of the night.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Dude, you're a moron

I’ve actually never seen the movie.*

* I’m not denying your premise, however

Dr Sam Beckett quantum leaps into the body of a 40 year old freshman quarterback on a team that plays Iron Man football. What's not to love?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:19 pm

Campion makes a good point. What's not to love?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@JasonBaumPR
ROSTER UPDATE:
@BCFootball
adds graduate transfer defensive end Maximilian Roberts from Maine.

How is this even possible? Have we lost all pretense?

First dibs on the waiver wire? :ace

kid was pretty impressive off the edge
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:07 pm

Honeymoon period over indeed. As bad as RRPP was under Addazio, last year the offense actually ranked fairly well statistically and Bajakian got the Northwestern OC job right after the Addazio firing. Cignetti was unemployed before getting this job and he ain't getting shit after he eventually loses this job. Applebaum is looking very questionable at this point as well. Towson...Davidson...UConn grad...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:09 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Honeymoon period over indeed. As bad as RRPP was under Addazio, last year the offense actually ranked fairly well statistically and Bajakian got the Northwestern OC job right after the Addazio firing. Cignetti was unemployed before getting this job and he ain't getting shit after he eventually loses this job. Applebaum is looking very questionable at this point as well. Towson...Davidson...UConn grad...

And yet winning, still better than losing.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:12 pm

I do like that there is no escaping being a dumb ass on this site. It is calming
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Honeymoon period over indeed. As bad as RRPP was under Addazio, last year the offense actually ranked fairly well statistically and Bajakian got the Northwestern OC job right after the Addazio firing. Cignetti was unemployed before getting this job and he ain't getting shit after he eventually loses this job. Applebaum is looking very questionable at this point as well. Towson...Davidson...UConn grad...

Agreed. Hope they find a way to keep winning, but that performance raised a lot of questions.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:19 pm

This is pretty much my thought.

I said months ago Hafley gets a pass this season. He does. He's a rookie and none of these players are his (except the transfers.) So he must "make do" with what he has. So he gets a pass. On top of that, this is the most difficult regular season schedule since 1995. This team wins 3 more games, tops.

Cignetti is a joke. I mean for fucks sake, under 300 yards offense at home vs a mediocre Sun Belt team? The piss poor performance of the offensive line, that is partially on him. They need to make changes on the offense or Jurkovec is going to get hurt back there.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:19 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. Hope they find a way to keep winning, but that performance raised a lot of questions.

Fair. But dont be HJS
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:20 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

This is pretty much my thought.

I said months ago Hafley gets a pass this season. He does. He's a rookie and none of these players are his (except the transfers.) So he must "make do" with what he has. So he gets a pass. On top of that, this is the most difficult regular season schedule since 1995. This team wins 3 more games, tops.

Cignetti is a joke. I mean for fucks sake, under 300 yards offense at home vs a mediocre Sun Belt team? The piss poor performance of the offensive line, that is partially on him. They need to make changes on the offense or Jurkovec is going to get hurt back there.

Stop.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:22 pm

Jurkovec has a ~70% completion percentage.

Unreal. :)
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Just got done watching the Hafley presser. That is not a very happy young man. He knows his team stole one at the end as they played like shit. He knows it. Everyone here knows it. Even the press with all their damn softball, Spaziani-esque, pussified questions, they all know it. I was hoping that just one of them would ask him about the performance of the offensive line (eight straight quarters now) but, meh. Nothing. That was all "spin" that we heard from Hafley, "we are going to win it in the 4th quarter" bullshit. Yeah, okay. Great that you won coach but (likely) those 24 points that your team scored on Texas State today, that will probably be the LEAST amount of points that Texas State gives up in any game this season.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:38 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Jurkovec has a ~70% completion percentage.

Unreal. :)

Marscovetra? I think he had an unreal completion percentage. And he still sucked.

We are going to need more than 210 yards passing in the game. Too may passing plays for negative yards. You can't win many games in the ACC if (as the QB) the majority of your scoring is running the ball in yourself from the 2 yard line. That said, I don't think this is on Jurk. He was running for his life back there for 8 quarters now. Kind of hard to light up the scoreboard when defensive linemen are in your face 3 seconds after the ball is hiked. If this team doesn't immediately find even an average running game, expect more crap like what we all saw tonight.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:09 am

They need to establish a running game otherwise they will be lucky to win 5 games. Bailey and Gwaro are good north/south runners. I think they are to adding too much to the offense this early in the season. They should be able to run between the tackles

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:47 am

last year BC's offense ranked #45, it was the highest ever under daz since ryan day left. previous years:
2018: 79
2017: 79
2016: 126
2015: 126

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats ... lloff/2019
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:50 am

We played like shit until the last few drives, but we also won in our wtf loss game of the year for the first time in a while, so I can’t honestly be that upset
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:04 am

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:12 am

Best be content with what we got, because there's a bunch we ain't got. The defense is woefully lacking in talent, and I think Hafley knows it to whit see the influx of late graduate transfers. It certainly appears that if we can't control a game offensively, or rely on the other guys ineptitude (like 5 turnovers, or the TS late game management), we are in for a very long season. The Oline hasn't demonstrated it is equal to the preseason hype. The running game hasn't really materialized as a result.

Too bad in a way because I think the passing game has some real promise. PJ is for real, Long, Flowers, Gill all very capable. If they can solve their line issues, they are capable of outscoring some people despite the defense.
eagletx
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium