recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:29 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:made final 5 for top 100 pg out of putnam science academy & arlington, ma with miami, gtown, marquette & pc

good friends with gianni thompson

Getting Joseph or Carter Whitt would be huge for the program. Would be absolutely stacked at ball handlers and wings for 21-22.

Carter whitt is looking to enroll in college for spring 2021 semester

Is BC even still involved with Whitt? Not that I think it’ll matter.

He’s tied to Hoiberg and Nebraska right now. It’s a shame too because earlier in the cycle if he had decided to reclassify, BC was the likely leader. Don’t think they’re even in the running now.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 am

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:made final 5 for top 100 pg out of putnam science academy & arlington, ma with miami, gtown, marquette & pc

Getting Joseph or Carter Whitt would be huge for the program. Would be absolutely stacked at ball handlers and wings for 21-22.

He’s tied to Hoiberg and Nebraska right now. It’s a shame too because earlier in the cycle if he had decided to reclassify, BC was the likely leader. Don’t think they’re even in the running now.

If I'm Whitt I probably dont come here either. Tabbs and Heath could have another 3 years here and the older Langford could have another 2 years. Plus Nebraska just had a pretty good freshman PG transfer out. Whitt starts day one and runs the show at Nebraska.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:17 am

BConway {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

If I'm Whitt I probably dont come here either. Tabbs and Heath could have another 3 years here and the older Langford could have another 2 years. Plus Nebraska just had a pretty good freshman PG transfer out. Whitt starts day one and runs the show at Nebraska.

If you’re a good player, you can start here at guard. There’s plenty of room and BC plays a bunch of guards.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BConway on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

If you’re a good player, you can start here at guard. There’s plenty of room and BC plays a bunch of guards.

Theres really not plenty of room though. Between Tabbs, Heath and the 2 Langfords theres not a clear path to playing time. At Nebraska there is literally nobody in his path to starting and playing 30+ minutes per.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:33 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

Theres really not plenty of room though. Between Tabbs, Heath and the 2 Langfords theres not a clear path to playing time. At Nebraska there is literally nobody in his path to starting and playing 30+ minutes per.

Heath hasn’t played in a basketball game in ~2 years, one Langford had never played college basketball and the other averaged 3 PPG last we saw him. Plenty of room available for good players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

There's plenty of room for not 7-22 guards. Maybe we can get those.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

Heath hasn’t played in a basketball game in ~2 years, one Langford had never played college basketball and the other averaged 3 PPG last we saw him. Plenty of room available for good players.

Tabbs hasn't played, not Heath. Again my point is if I'm Whitt why would I compete with some established and talented guys when I can run the show at Nebraska with little to no competition? 2 bad teams and 1 of them has a giant hole at his position. It's a no brainer.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby Primetime on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:47 am

Whitt chose WF a couple of days ago.

I'll agree with the crowded backcourt argument for Whitt...but we really need another 4/5 in this upcoming class. Lots of minutes available, let's see if Jimmy MAC & Co. can make the sale...
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:Whitt chose WF a couple of days ago.

I'll agree with the crowded backcourt argument for Whitt...but we really need another 4/5 in this upcoming class. Lots of minutes available, let's see if Jimmy MAC & Co. can make the sale...

Thank you! Real content. #firejimmymac :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BConway on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:Whitt chose WF a couple of days ago.

Seems like BC is trying to get a waiver for Karnik now that Adams is out. If successful that helps this year but in horrible shape for 21-22. Lime you mentioned we need at least another few bigs. Without Karnik we would have a freshman in Thompson, Felder and a big unknown in Vander Baan. Not good at all. Would prefer we go after a rugged big, a guy who rebound and defend to compliment Thompson. Theres no shortage of 6'8 wide bodied rebounder/defenders and we never seem to be able to land a guy like that. I hate being a soft team inside.

As far as Jimmy Mac goes maybe he has a shot to recruit someone. We actually do have some talented guards and wings so it's not impossible for a guy to see us as team that will give him 28 minutes a game immediately.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:44 am

So with the new rule that winter athletes dont lose eligibility this year, does that mean someone like Steff plays this year and then can come back next year also? Can anyone clarify this for me? Because we could really use another year of that man.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm

'21 Will Henderson down to 4 schools

Howard
Boston College
Wake Forest
Mount St. Mary's

Interesting developmental prospect.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:30 pm

sparky {l Wrote}:We lost Clarke

Not going so well in Lexington

Cal this week on Clarke
“After five weeks, you’re still limping?” Calipari said. “And there’s nothing wrong, there’s no MRI — there’s nothing there. But players know their pain and what their pain threshold is, so if he’s limping around, I’m not going to play him.”

On not bringing him to road game
I want to see (Clarke) practice tomorrow and Friday to see if there’s any chance he can play against Tennessee (on Saturday). So he didn’t need to be here. What, we needed a cheerleader? He didn’t need to be here. He needs to get ready to try to play that game Saturday. If he can’t practice without limping Thursday and Friday then he won’t play Saturday. It comes to a point where you’re out five, six weeks, it means you’re just not capable, the pain is too much for you to play at all. That’s why we left him at home.”
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 pm

You have to think Thompson committed with the expectation JC would be canned. Wonder how that will play
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:09 pm

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 534b8.html

Wonder if he follows Grant to BC. He can definitely play at this level
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/college/college-of-charlestons-all-caa-guard-zep-jasper-enters-transfer-portal/article_0a48f0ea-82bc-11eb-be40-8b8eaa3534b8.html

With all due respect I doubt Jeff Hartsell gets many minutes in the ACC
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/college/college-of-charlestons-all-caa-guard-zep-jasper-enters-transfer-portal/article_0a48f0ea-82bc-11eb-be40-8b8eaa3534b8.html

Scroll down below his bio...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Time to bust out text colors again, eh?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:19 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Time to bust out text colors again, eh?

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:34 am

Former St John’s SG Vince Cole is in the portal. Grant recruited him to CofC. Former JUCO.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:52 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Former St John’s SG Vince Cole is in the portal. Grant recruited him to CofC. Former JUCO.

Just hoping grant can talk Kelly into changing his mind
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:27 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Former St John’s SG Vince Cole is in the portal. Grant recruited him to CofC. Former JUCO.

i don't think kelly can change his mind about having a hurt foot. not even dr sarno could help him with that
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:51 am

Heath gone.

Grant has work to do.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:03 am

maybe heath just hates dreadlocks and early 80s pop songs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:07 am

Man, the players really seem to have liked Jimmy Mac!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:54 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Heath gone.

Yeah. But Steff Mitchell will be back. Every. Year.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:57 am

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:

Maybe he will get his FT% up to 50% in year 7.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:01 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

This! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:

Maybe he will get his FT% up to 50% in year 7.

Steff Mitchell declared for the NBA draft today.

Not sure that anyone in the NBA will notice/care
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:29 pm

that's fucking hilarious. poor kid got some bad advice
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum