Week 1 Other Games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Week 1 Other Games

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Non sequiturs aside, I'm fine with letting everyone get it. But stop pretending what Massachusetts is doing isn't working or that BC is not getting hammered for shitty testing protocols. Actual students are upset about the swimming and diving thing.

Opening up Alumni now would be a PR nightmare only corners would approve.

Students are always upset about about everything. I'd rather have the sage opinion of a single corners post than the input of 8,000 hysterically screeching nerds
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:52 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Non sequiturs aside, I'm fine with letting everyone get it. But stop pretending what Massachusetts is doing isn't working or that BC is not getting hammered for shitty testing protocols. Actual students are upset about the swimming and diving thing.

Opening up Alumni now would be a PR nightmare only corners would approve.

Students are always upset about about everything. I'd rather have the sage opinion of a single corners post than the input of 8,000 hysterically screeching nerds

Looking for the space.

You guys don't get my point. Charlie Baker could encourage BC to invite the 30,000 that actually go to BC games to attend and there is zero chance publicity worried BC would make it happen. ZERO. They are getting hammered for 81 students and their admittedly shitty testing protocols already.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:09 pm

Clemson's offensive capabilities are unlimited. They could have scored as many points on Wake Forest as time would allow. Only the clock could get them off the field.

They are unbeatable in ACC play
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Coastal Carolina up 21-0 on Kansas.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:06 am

outstanding content from fsu board

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:yes need the papal blessing from the leader of the state that has the 3rd highest fatality rate but 'believes in science' and 'acknowledges the virus'.

there is zero reason why students shouldn't be able to go to the game on saturday

Yeah, I mean it's not like BC isn't getting enough bad press for the handling of COVID on campus, what's a little more superspreading!

what did i miss? according to bc's website in past week they tested more than a quarter of the undergrads and there are 67 positives. i guess it's time to close campus.

The Globe is writing articles about what a shitty job BC is doing testing. Quotes from parents. One quarter the tests of other schools. But hell, let the swim team do concessions! It's all Baker's fault.

Bob Hohler hit job.
Every student tested when arrived on campus two weeks ago. 2500 tested since. They have 80 cases... half from this week. Plan is test 1/5th student every week and increase those numbers by contact tracing. Not fair FB team tests weekly.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/09/11/ ... community/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:05 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:yes need the papal blessing from the leader of the state that has the 3rd highest fatality rate but 'believes in science' and 'acknowledges the virus'.

there is zero reason why students shouldn't be able to go to the game on saturday

Yeah, I mean it's not like BC isn't getting enough bad press for the handling of COVID on campus, what's a little more superspreading!

what did i miss? according to bc's website in past week they tested more than a quarter of the undergrads and there are 67 positives. i guess it's time to close campus.

The Globe is writing articles about what a shitty job BC is doing testing. Quotes from parents. One quarter the tests of other schools. But hell, let the swim team do concessions! It's all Baker's fault.

Bob Hohler hit job.
Every student tested when arrived on campus two weeks ago. 2500 tested since. They have 80 cases... half from this week. Plan is test 1/5th student every week and increase those numbers by contact tracing. Not fair FB team tests weekly.

It's shocking to me people still read The Globe and take it seriously, especially when they're reporting on BC. As for alleged quotes from concerned parents, they're probably the types who also read The Globe or similar fake news outlet.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:30 am

Once you see Hoehler on the byline it’s a simple case of a John Henry hit piece.

Guy lost all credibility years ago. Pretty sure he is the one that wrote that awful, embarrassing story about Tito Francona when they ran him out of town, right? How’s that working out, Sox?
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Bob Hohler hit job.

Again, not the point. If the Globe is going to keep writing articles comparing their protocols to BU and quoting parents saying they fear for their children, BC is not having people in the stands regardless of what the governor says.

You can debate what they are or aren't doing all you want, I dont care.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:46 am

Also, the Globe is not the only one making a big deal about it. Others fake news outlets like channel 5 have been running with it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:02 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Also, the Globe is not the only one making a big deal about it. Others fake news outlets like channel 5 have been running with it.

It's all the same. Once you understand that COVID has been grossly exaggerated, you can't take any of the reporting seriously. It's a bad case of the flu, nothing more. The flu kills tens of thousands of people a year and we don't lock down and wear masks. Not to mention masks don't even prevent the spread, but people can't even figure that part out.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Oh totally. All those people think they know what's serious just 'cause they're "doctors" and "infectious disease PhDs". Even Trump was full of shit when he told Woodward COVID is way worse than a flu. You tell your truth!
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:39 pm

it doesn't matter whether you think its real or not. Strawmen fighting strawmen in here and its full moron.

All that matters is BC isnt allowing fans, even if they think its fake, which they don't.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:07 pm

BC isn’t inviting fans because they finally have an excuse as to why there aren’t anyone in the stands.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:20 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Oh totally. All those people think they know what's serious just 'cause they're "doctors" and "infectious disease PhDs". Even Trump was full of shit when he told Woodward COVID is way worse than a flu. You tell your truth!

Many doctors have come out and spoken the truth, but they're censored by major media outlets. You're either knowingly on the side of evil or a moron to believe people like Woodward. Hope you enjoy the landslide in November.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:it doesn't matter whether you think its real or not. Strawmen fighting strawmen in here and its full moron.

All that matters is BC isnt allowing fans, even if they think its fake, which they don't.

It's not fake, it's just exaggerated. Belarus never locked down or wore masks and they are fine.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Oh totally. All those people think they know what's serious just 'cause they're "doctors" and "infectious disease PhDs". Even Trump was full of shit when he told Woodward COVID is way worse than a flu. You tell your truth!

Many doctors have come out and spoken the truth, but they're censored by major media outlets. You're either knowingly on the side of evil or a moron to believe people like Woodward. Hope you enjoy the landslide in November.

Like the distinguished African-American doctor who when not speaking “truths” about covid-19 is speaking about the Reptilian/Lizard People people controlling our planet?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:32 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Like the distinguished African-American doctor who when not speaking “truths” about covid-19 is speaking about the Reptilian/Lizard People people controlling our planet?

Honestly, how many people do you know personally who have died of COVID and did not have a pre-existing condition?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:38 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Honestly, how many people do you know personally who have died of COVID and did not have a pre-existing condition?

0.0, though Domingo spoke with a women (late 50s) this weekend that was in the hospital for 19 days with the Wu-flu.
Also, wrong thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14705
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:41 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I actually don’t know anyone that has died from it. I know someone who was on a hospital ventilator for 3 months. No conditions but 50.

like most things, I think the truth is somewhere in between “it’s no worse than the flu!” and “shut it all down, we are all gonna die!”. The exact location will be found when scientists review the data years later. That said, it’s easily on pace to be One of the top three causes of death for Americans in the year 2020 so it’s definitely killing a lot of Americans and would be absurd for me to dismiss it as a media conspiracy.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I actually don’t know anyone that has died from it. I know someone who was on a hospital ventilator for 3 months. No conditions but 50.

like most things, I think the truth is somewhere in between “it’s no worse than the flu!” and “shut it all down, we are all gonna die!”. The exact location will be found when scientists review the data years later. That said, it’s easily on pace to be One of the top three causes of death for Americans in the year 2020 so it’s definitely killing a lot of Americans and would be absurd for me to dismiss it as a media conspiracy.

They were counting deaths as COVID deaths simply if they tested positive. Corrupt politicians like Cuomo were putting COVID positive people in nursing homes which was effectively murder. We are living through a mix of 1984 and Idiocracy and you are Frito.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:10 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

They were counting deaths as COVID deaths simply if they tested positive. Corrupt politicians like Cuomo were putting COVID positive people in nursing homes which was effectively murder. We are living through a mix of 1984 and Idiocracy and you are Frito.

I’m sure (based on the reports Ive read that) republican Governors are minimizing the numbers and democratic governors are exaggerating them. Did you even consider for a second that it would roughly balance out? And even if the numbers are inflated, it just means it goes from a top 3 cause of death to maybe only a top 5 or top 10. Still deadly.

Covid-19 should not be political but It somehow has become It like everything else in 2020.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I’m sure (based on the reports Ive read that) republican Governors are minimizing the numbers and democratic governors are exaggerating them. Did you even consider for a second that it would roughly balance out? And even if the numbers are inflated, it just means it goes from a top 3 cause of death to maybe only a top 5 or top 10. Still deadly.

Covid-19 should not be political but It somehow has become It like everything else in 2020.

Then go back to your personal experiences over the last several months. You don't know anybody who died of COVID. We all know people who got sick, but they recovered. If this were a true pandemic, you would have known several people who died.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:44 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Then go back to your personal experiences over the last several months. You don't know anybody who died of COVID. We all know people who got sick, but they recovered. If this were a true pandemic, you would have known several people who died.

Unlike Carl Everett, I believe in things even if I don’t see them with my eyes first hand.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:57 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:58 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:it doesn't matter whether you think its real or not. Strawmen fighting strawmen in here and its full moron.

It's not fake, it's just exaggerated. Belarus never locked down or wore masks and they are fine.

Belarus has like 8 people.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:48 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Unlike Carl Everett, I believe in things even if I don’t see them with my eyes first hand.

You mean you believe what CNN tells you to believe
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:49 pm

Let me know how many of those people end up dying
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:21 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

You mean you believe what CNN tells you to believe

I don’t watch CNN. :roll:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:38 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Let me know how many of those people end up dying

So they are calling 80-something positives an “outbreak”????

That is absolutely absurd. This is fear politics at its worst. Marty and Charlie must be thrilled.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium