Week 1 Other Games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Week 1 Other Games

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:29 am

would've been a gorgeous day for a tailgate today

i'd take cuse against the spread, that's a lot of points for a unc team that went 7-6

good job on the acc for getting this underway
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Week 1 Other Games

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:34 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:would've been a gorgeous day for a tailgate today

i'd take cuse against the spread, that's a lot of points for a unc team that went 7-6

good job on the acc for getting this underway

Va-va tech postponed due to covid outbreak at va tech

EDIT. I think I would take UNC to cover even at -23. Syracuse OL is supposed to be an absolute joke this year and UNC is gonna be a great team this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 am

New Cuse just like the old Cuse
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:21 pm

UNC proving that all that pre-season hype was just that...hype. This is an utterly awful Cuse team. They should be up by 3 TDs.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Los {l Wrote}:UNC proving that all that pre-season hype was just that...hype. This is an utterly awful Cuse team. They should be up by 3 TDs.

Baby blue has almost twice as many yards offensively than does the Orange. And yet, 3 turnovers and we have a close, shitty game. UNC should be killing this team. If they are not careful, they could lose their opener to a team that will go 3-8.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Los on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Pretty weird seeing the ACC logo on ND's field and their players' jerseys. Apparently only 20% capacity at the stadium, but watching on TV it looks to me like a lot more than that.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:15 pm

And UNC finally turns the corner.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Los on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Duke is going to be a tougher game than we probably expected. They are moving the ball well and their defense has pretty much shut down ND's running game.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:52 pm

Arkansas State has a wide receiver who is so good, he could play in the NFL right now. He is the sole reason why they beat K-State in Manhattan today.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Los {l Wrote}:Duke is going to be a tougher game than we probably expected. They are moving the ball well and their defense has pretty much shut down ND's running game.

Duke isn't the way they used to be in football. They are just not a pushover anymore. Now they are not going to win the ACC, but they are "average."
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Los {l Wrote}:Duke is going to be a tougher game than we probably expected. They are moving the ball well and their defense has pretty much shut down ND's running game.

I came close to predicting an L for that one. Never assumed it was going to be easy, especially with Brice joining their team. That being said, it wouldn't shock me if ND pulls away in the second half.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Los {l Wrote}:Pretty weird seeing the ACC logo on ND's field and their players' jerseys. Apparently only 20% capacity at the stadium, but watching on TV it looks to me like a lot more than that.

I was surprised to see so many in the stadium. We should at least allow family next week.
Why was the FSU game delayed?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Los on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Why was the FSU game delayed?

Weather.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Notre Dame just isn't that good. Good enough to get 8 wins in the ACC, but not blowing out BC good. The people that thought UNC were going to be world beaters make me laugh.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:54 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:Pretty weird seeing the ACC logo on ND's field and their players' jerseys. Apparently only 20% capacity at the stadium, but watching on TV it looks to me like a lot more than that.

I was surprised to see so many in the stadium. We should at least allow family next week.

I believe it's a Massachusetts restriction, not BC. Can't allow fans until Baker says it's okay.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 pm

yes need the papal blessing from the leader of the state that has the 3rd highest fatality rate but 'believes in science' and 'acknowledges the virus'.

there is zero reason why students shouldn't be able to go to the game on saturday

duke cut it to 4 in south bend
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Notre Dame just isn't that good. Good enough to get 8 wins in the ACC, but not blowing out BC good. The people that thought UNC were going to be world beaters make me laugh.

Book looks very unimpressive.

Tackling in general has been pretty bad
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yes need the papal blessing from the leader of the state that has the 3rd highest fatality rate but 'believes in science' and 'acknowledges the virus'.

there is zero reason why students shouldn't be able to go to the game on saturday

duke cut it to 4 in south bend

I agree with Claver, Irish back up by 11
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Mike_S on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:35 pm

Duke is not a great team, but no pushover either. Road game, Hafley's first game, Jurk's first game, on the road. Their D played well against ND most of the game, their QB is highly-regarded and they have a good coach. But their D-Line is small and looks worn down now in the 4th qtr. Hopefully the BC O-Line can control the game.

FWIW I love the 10 conference games! Should do it every year...

Also: Texas State playing much worse so far this week, down big at half at home vs. UTSA.
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yes need the papal blessing from the leader of the state that has the 3rd highest fatality rate but 'believes in science' and 'acknowledges the virus'.

Yeah, I mean it's not like BC isn't getting enough bad press for the handling of COVID on campus, what's a little more superspreading!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Absolutely, students should be allowed against Texas State along with season ticket holders at least getting the right to use 2 tickets apiece for the October games and 50% capacity for November games.

My guess, Baker says no for the entire season. He has nothing to gain politically by doing so and much to lose if he allows fans and a breakout occurs.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, I mean it's not like BC isn't getting enough bad press for the handling of COVID on campus, what's a little more superspreading!

what did i miss? according to bc's website in past week they tested more than a quarter of the undergrads and there are 67 positives. i guess it's time to close campus.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Absolutely, students should be allowed against Texas State along with season ticket holders at least getting the right to use 2 tickets apiece for the October games and 50% capacity for November games.

My guess, Baker says no for the entire season. He has nothing to gain politically by doing so and much to lose if he allows fans and a breakout occurs.

Go Eagles!

maybe it's a good thing we didnt fill in the corners after all... social distancing!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

what did i miss? according to bc's website in past week they tested more than a quarter of the undergrads and there are 67 positives. i guess it's time to close campus.

WE MUST DEFEAT THE ORANGE MAN!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Regardless, there have been thousands of students nationwide that have tested positive and everyone is fine. CDC also updated its statistics showing that only 6% of COVID deaths in the U.S. were solely caused by COVID. It's all so stupid. It's not even as bad as the flu right now: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12641004/ ... harebarweb

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:18 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

WE MUST DEFEAT THE ORANGE MAN!

It would not shock me if 48 states go red in November and MA is one of two blue states. People here are so fucking stupid.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:20 pm

I stand by my previous assertion that Dino Babers is a black Daz. 23-26 record at Cuse. But the media loves him because a) he's black and b) he gives these amazing pre-game speeches and dances in the locker room when he manages to win one of his games which is great for television.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The Globe is writing articles about what a shitty job BC is doing testing. Quotes from parents. One quarter the tests of other schools. But hell, let the swim team do concessions! It's all Baker's fault.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Non sequiturs aside, I'm fine with letting everyone get it. But stop pretending what Massachusetts is doing isn't working or that BC is not getting hammered for shitty testing protocols. Actual students are upset about the swimming and diving thing.

Opening up Alumni now would be a PR nightmare only corners would approve.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:02 pm

New FSU same as the old FSU
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium