2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eagle33 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:11 am

Los {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@PeteThamel
Sources: Boston College football will host Texas State on Sept. 26, which will be the home opener. This replaces BC’s previously scheduled game against Ohio.

Sweet. I look forward to playing these guys.

jeffrey epstein and the america's funniest videos guy went to texas state?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:49 pm

So I said I'd wait until today to start getting excited about BC football.

I think it's gonna happen.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:So I said I'd wait until today to start getting excited about BC football.

I think it's gonna happen.

First college football game of the 2020 season happened last Saturday. And nothing happened. I think BC will be playing ball as well and I also think that there are rumblings in the B1G T(14)N, that they may want to play (late fall.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:03 am

zion johnson made the athletic's "all who's actually playing team", a preseason all america team for those who haven't opted out or had their season cancelled (yet).

G Zion Johnson, Sr., Boston College: Johnson leads a veteran Eagles unit that will be one of the best lines in college football. A 6-foot-3, 310-pound senior, Johnson began his career at Davidson and became a second-team All-ACC pick in his first year at Boston College despite starting only half the season.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Los on Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:10 pm

No doubt in my mind that they start the season. It's finishing it that's still up in the air.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Sports Illustrated’s Cal site is saying Luc Bequette (DE) is transferring to BC after P12 cancelled season.

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/bequette-transfers-to-bc

Any update with this? He is not on the roster, not in the transfer portal and he has not posted anything about BC on social media (that I have seen).

Anyone?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Sports Illustrated’s Cal site is saying Luc Bequette (DE) is transferring to BC after P12 cancelled season.

Any update with this? He is not on the roster, not in the transfer portal and he has not posted anything about BC on social media (that I have seen).

Anyone?

I learned that his mom is Debi Thomas, former Olympic figure skater
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:44 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Anyone?

going through the application process according to this.

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2020/8/28/21404458/cal-football-luc-bequette-ricky-walker-transfer-oregon-state-boston-college
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:29 pm

I'm expecting big things from you jokers, e.g. Riley Skinner, Yogurt Man and whatever else.

https://www.si.com/college/bostoncollege/football/personalized-cutouts-at-alumni-stadium-gKSZ7u-5hUGyWAWfjo8RsA
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:I'm expecting big things from you jokers, e.g. Riley Skinner, Yogurt Man and whatever else.

https://www.si.com/college/bostoncollege/football/personalized-cutouts-at-alumni-stadium-gKSZ7u-5hUGyWAWfjo8RsA

Pfft I’m waiting for basketball season to finally get one of those Conte Forum ghosts an actual seat.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:25 pm

9/1, No practice report... Meatbaum is slacking

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:50 pm

https://bceagles.com/sports/2020/8/31/cutout-crew.aspx

$25 Flynn Fund donation gets a cutout with your image in Alumni.

Who's getting the John Oates and Yogurt Man cutouts?
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:08 am

The soccer team is bagging the season

Basically, so many of the players are just not coming to school this year. They don't have enough of a roster to even field a team.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:44 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:https://bceagles.com/sports/2020/8/31/cutout-crew.aspx

$25 Flynn Fund donation gets a cutout with your image in Alumni.

Who's getting the John Oates and Yogurt Man cutouts?

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:08 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The soccer team is bagging the season

Basically, so many of the players are just not coming to school this year. They don't have enough of a roster to even field a team.

Huh. I didn't see that coming. Very disappointing.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

Huh. I didn't see that coming. Very disappointing.

Seems like half the team is international and aren’t in the country (and not planning on returning until a vaccine).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14594
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:36 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:zion johnson made the athletic's "all who's actually playing team", a preseason all america team for those who haven't opted out or had their season cancelled (yet).

G Zion Johnson, Sr., Boston College: Johnson leads a veteran Eagles unit that will be one of the best lines in college football. A 6-foot-3, 310-pound senior, Johnson began his career at Davidson and became a second-team All-ACC pick in his first year at Boston College despite starting only half the season.

This Pete Thamel piece reports on coaches’ anonymous expectations for this season (if it happens).

I wonder if a solid O-Line will have more of an impact this year if there's wider variation in physical conditioning. But that would presume that the BC O-Line is not just able to absorb the new schemes, but has the ability to apply their experience usefully.

Do we know what kind of physical condition the team has? I would think this is a year where depth would be more important not just because of Covid-19 absences, but also because players on average are not in as good shape as the past. Would that impact be felt more on defense, as they have to react to the offense's play calls?

I'm wondering if a strong O-Line can cover even more issues than usual, by wearing down an opposing defense and by minimizing the time our own defense is on the field.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:59 am

forgot to post this earlier.... 9/2, again no practice report

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby blueline on Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Maybe you guys already knew but

Why did BC take so long to tell me NO fans will be allowed in the stands this season ?

They took my money and didn't say a thing until I emailed them.

What's the point of joining the GRIDIRON CLUB ?
:violin
blueline
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 pm

blueline {l Wrote}:Maybe you guys already knew but

Why did BC take so long to tell me NO fans will be allowed in the stands this season ?

Jesus you are dumb
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 am

they emailed us like a month ago saying no fans in september

knowing massachusetts it won't be surprising if they're the last to return to normalcy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:32 pm

blueline {l Wrote}:Maybe you guys already knew but

For this years season tickets just donate to the Flynn Fund as a charitable contribution and renew next year. That's what I did. Not a lot of money for me, say $750 for the tickets and my parking pass.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:they emailed us like a month ago saying no fans in september

knowing massachusetts it won't be surprising if they're the last to return to normalcy

Things are pretty normal here, relatively speaking given our governor acknowledges the pandemic.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:39 am

many schools are fully remote and starting late, restaurants are closing left and right how is that normal?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:09 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:they emailed us like a month ago saying no fans in september

Things are pretty normal here, relatively speaking given our governor acknowledges the pandemic.

This is a picture perfect example of how Elvii is an idiot. Massachusetts has the 3rd highests deaths per capita in the country. 1, 2, 4, and 6 are NJ, NY, CT, and RI. And yet this clown is convinced that Massachusetts and (surely) other Northeastern states are the smart ones, who "acknowledge the pandemic," and God forbid we would have to suffer like one of those dumb red states, led by science-denying red governors, who have had both less death and less job loss, whose kids are in school and playing sports.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:14 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

This is a picture perfect example of how Elvii is an idiot. Massachusetts has the 3rd highests deaths per capita in the country. 1, 2, 4, and 6 are NJ, NY, CT, and RI. And yet this clown is convinced that Massachusetts and (surely) other Northeastern states are the smart ones, who "acknowledge the pandemic," and God forbid we would have to suffer like one of those dumb red states, led by science-denying red governors, who have had both less death and less job loss, whose kids are in school and playing sports.

The northeast was the first region or country to be affected by Covid. When it first came to this country, there was no playbook on how to treat it. China withheld all details so we were left guessing. People were hooked up to ventilators left and right which is a normal treatment option when oxygen levels are low. Unfortunately, with COVID-19 this is a bad course of action to undertake. It led to mass deaths that could’ve been avoided had we known what we know now. The other regions of the country had the benefit of this hindsight. But Keep chasing that windmill, funisher...

*this is not a defense of Elvii

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 am

Funishment being a complete looney tunes Q guy is the best development at EO during this pandemic.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:56 am

hansen {l Wrote}:The northeast was the first region or country to be affected by Covid. When it first came to this country, there was no playbook on how to treat it. China withheld all details so we were left guessing. People were hooked up to ventilators left and right which is a normal treatment option when oxygen levels are low. Unfortunately, with COVID-19 this is a bad course of action to undertake. It led to mass deaths that could’ve been avoided had we known what we know now. The other regions of the country had the benefit of this hindsight.

Agreed on all points. But, why does this only apply to governors of the aforementioned states and not the Trump administration?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:The northeast was the first region or country to be affected by Covid. When it first came to this country, there was no playbook on how to treat it. China withheld all details so we were left guessing. People were hooked up to ventilators left and right which is a normal treatment option when oxygen levels are low. Unfortunately, with COVID-19 this is a bad course of action to undertake. It led to mass deaths that could’ve been avoided had we known what we know now. The other regions of the country had the benefit of this hindsight.

Agreed on all points. But, why does this only apply to governors of the aforementioned states and not the Trump administration?

It does, for rational people.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium