Transfer portal?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Transfer portal?

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Is there a serious debate that Jurk is a downgrade from a 7th string walk-on QB?

It’s not about Grosel vs Jurk. It is about Valecce/Johnson vs Jurk. If Valecce and Johnson are truly such a “cesspool” such that they are behind Grosel, then by all means... believe in the star ratings until Jurk starts performing like an ACC-level recruit. Because, one thing last year proved is that no one can be worse than Chris Crane (Anthony Brown)... except Don Davis (Dennis Grosel).

Watching them in a spring game, Valecce looked good, Johnson was wildly inaccurate and I never noticed Grosel. I didnt think Grosel would ever sniff the depth chart. I am also the single most avid critic of recruiting rankings on this board. No one actually agrees with the strawmen you are arguing with here.

That said, the point is that the offense can only greatly improve over Grosel at QB. If that is because the guys dipshit sat for Grosel are so good that they beat out a transfer from Notre Dame specifically identified by Hafley and his OC, so be it. You'll get to be a prediction superstar.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Is there a serious debate that Jurk is a downgrade from a 7th string walk-on QB?

It’s not about Grosel vs Jurk. It is about Valecce/Johnson vs Jurk. If Valecce and Johnson are truly such a “cesspool” such that they are behind Grosel, then by all means... believe in the star ratings until Jurk starts performing like an ACC-level recruit. Because, one thing last year proved is that no one can be worse than Chris Crane (Anthony Brown)... except Don Davis (Dennis Grosel).

Jurkoved passed for 12,000 yards in PA football with an almost 70% completion percentage in 2.5 years as a starter. Even if his conference was a joke, it's still PA not MA and those numbers are still gaudy. He was a five star recruit in high school which even if ND inflated should still be passable. I think you picked the wrong hill to die on here.
Last edited by hansen on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Watching them in a spring game, Valecce looked good, Johnson was wildly inaccurate and I never noticed Grosel. I didnt think Grosel would ever sniff the depth chart. I am also the single most avid critic of recruiting rankings on this board. No one actually agrees with the strawmen you are arguing with here.

That said, the point is that the offense can only greatly improve over Grosel at QB. If that is because the guys dipshit sat for Grosel are so good that they beat out a transfer from Notre Dame specifically identified by Hafley and his OC, so be it. You'll get to be a prediction superstar.

no one could be worse than Chris Crane
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:16 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Chris Crane was a decently recruited talented QB that made bonehead mistakes from time to time and wasn't Matt Ryan. If you want to make the argument Brown was on that level fine, but comparing an era of ACCCG appearances to an era of starting QBs like Fadule, Perry, Flutie and Grosel, guys that did what they could but shouldn't have been playing QB at this level is dumb.

It's not a stretch to suggest that there is zero chance the offemse won't be better by adding an actual FCS level QB. It was substantially better with Brown.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Darius Wade (TW might be triggered)
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:21 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Darius Wade (TW might be triggered)

Every QB that played for Addazio was worse than Chris Crane except Murphy and on good days, Brown.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Los on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Every QB that played for Addazio was worse than Chris Crane except Murphy and on good days, Brown.

This. The offense was rolling toward the end of 2008, with Crane running that read option to near perfection. If he doesn’t go down we likely win the ACCCG and at a minimum we win that Vanderbilt bowl game to give us a 10 win season.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:43 am

Los {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Every QB that played for Addazio was worse than Chris Crane except Murphy and on good days, Brown.

This. The offense was rolling toward the end of 2008, with Crane running that read option to near perfection. If he doesn’t go down we likely win the ACCCG and at a minimum we win that Vanderbilt bowl game to give us a 10 win season.

this is distance making the heart grow fonder

last 4 full games:
@ UNC: 28 / 42, 204 / 2 / 3
Clem: 18 / 39 / 116 / 1 / 0
ND: 9 / 22 / 79 / 1 / 0
@FSU: 14 / 26 / 181 / 1 / 0

tw's original point is true
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Los {l Wrote}:

This. The offense was rolling toward the end of 2008, with Crane running that read option to near perfection.

Crane was incredibly good at the handoff/fake handoff. I remember not having a clue who had the ball after almost every read option snap he took. I strongly endorse this take.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Los on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

last 4 full games:

Eh, it’s more a case of looking at raw stats vs the overall picture. Anyone who followed the team back then knew the offense was finding it’s groove late in the season and we were all pretty dejected when he went down. It took a crazy comeback against Wake for people to jump on the Dominique Davis train and forget about Crane.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Los {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

last 4 full games:

Eh, it’s more a case of looking at raw stats vs the overall picture. Anyone who followed the team back then knew the offense was finding it’s groove late in the season and we were all pretty dejected when he went down. It took a crazy comeback against Wake for people to jump on the Dominique Davis train and forget about Crane.

This. Had nothing to with passing stats. They were a spread option team. Was that Montels freshman year?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Los on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This. Had nothing to with passing stats. They were a spread option team. Was that Montels freshman year?

Yup. Montel really came on toward the end of the season to surpass Josh Haden as the lead RB. Finished with 900 yards and 5.0 ypc. Not bad for a frosh. The offense actually finished the year with 319 yards/game.

BTW, do you think Haden ever got that tattoo removed?
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:37 pm

the offense improved but even in that stretch, it was pretty bad

unc: 17 points scored (7 when down 45-17 w 2 min to go)
clem: 14 points scored (no scoring drive longer than 21 yards)
nd: 10
fsu: 20

we fondly remember the fsu game and the drive where they ran the zone read all the way down the field

that team had an excellent defense & got a ton of points from their d / st
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the offense improved but even in that stretch, it was pretty bad

we fondly remember the fsu game and the drive where they ran the zone read all the way down the field

But earlier in the season, he lit up NCSU. 34/51 428 yds 2 TD/1 INT and 42 rushing yds with 3 rushing TDs. 38-31 win at NCSU.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:01 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:the offense improved but even in that stretch, it was pretty bad

But earlier in the season, he lit up NCSU. 34/51 428 yds 2 TD/1 INT and 42 rushing yds with 3 rushing TDs. 38-31 win at NCSU.

NO FACTS PLEASE!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 pm

No one said Chris Crane was awesome. You just can't throw up passing stats like they matter. Chris Crane wasn't very good. He did one thing very well against an era of ACC football where everyone had a defense. That was good enough to make him far better than Davis, Shinskie, Rettig, Wade, Towles, Flutie, Smith, Fadule, Perry, Grosel, and for most of his career, Brown.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:50 pm

Anybody paying attention to that BC team in 2008 should have been confident that BC would win the ACC Championship with a healthy Chris Crane.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Luc Bequette is now official. Seems like he practiced today. I am very happy about this addition.

Two factoids:

-His cousin is Jake Bequette who was on the Patriots. Started as a DE. I think his last year they tried to switch him to TE.

-His Mom was Debi Thomas. If you are over 45 or so you might remember her epic battle against Katrina Witt in the Olympics.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:20 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Luc Bequette is now official. Seems like he practiced today. I am very happy about this addition.

Two factoids:

-His cousin is Jake Bequette who was on the Patriots. Started as a DE. I think his last year they tried to switch him to TE.

-His Mom was Debi Thomas. If you are over 45 or so you might remember her epic battle against Katrina Witt in the Olympics.

Debi Thomas made the news a few years ago. She has had an incredibly brutal fall from grace. Olympic skater, Stanford Graduate, orthopedic surgeon... to destitute, bankrupt and living in a bug-filled rural Virginia home with an alcoholic fiance. Real heart-wrenching stuff.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Luc Bequette is now official. Seems like he practiced today. I am very happy about this addition.

Two factoids:

Debi Thomas made the news a few years ago. She has had an incredibly brutal fall from grace. Olympic skater, Stanford Graduate, orthopedic surgeon... to destitute, bankrupt and living in a bug-filled rural Virginia home with an alcoholic fiance. Real heart-wrenching stuff.

She should have gone to BC instead of Stanford.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:42 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Two factoids:

She should have gone to BC instead of Stanford.

Well played. :tophat
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:08 pm

Two factoids:

In 2001, I was able to score some after-hours party tickets at Foxwoods when Katarina Witt skated to the music of Aretha Franklin. I met both Aretha and Katarina at the party. They were signing autographs. Well, I intentionally went "last" in the autograph line with Katarina because I did not want to embarrass her in front of anyone. I brought with me my issue of Playboy showing her full nude spread. And I put the magazine inside a manila folder as I stood in line so that no one would see I was holding it. Anyway after the last person walked away I walked up to her and said very slowly, calmly, and confidently, Katarina, these are without a doubt, the most beautiful pictures of you that anyone has ever taken. Would you please sign them? She looked at them, said something in German, smiled, blushed, looked me dead in the eye as she smiled at me, and she signed them while still blushing. And that was that.

And of course, like an irresponsible asshole, I lost that issue of Playboy.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ArizonaisforLiars on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Two factoids:

In 2001, I was able to score some after-hours party tickets at Foxwoods when Katarina Witt skated to the music of Aretha Franklin. I met both Aretha and Katarina at the party. They were signing autographs. Well, I intentionally went "last" in the autograph line with Katarina because I did not want to embarrass her in front of anyone. I brought with me my issue of Playboy showing her full nude spread. And I put the magazine inside a manila folder as I stood in line so that no one would see I was holding it. Anyway after the last person walked away I walked up to her and said very slowly, calmly, and confidently, Katarina, these are without a doubt, the most beautiful pictures of you that anyone has ever taken. Would you please sign them? She looked at them, said something in German, smiled, blushed, looked me dead in the eye as she smiled at me, and she signed them while still blushing. And that was that.

And of course, like an irresponsible asshole, I lost that issue of Playboy.

The only true part of this story is the fat man doesn't have a signed copy of the Katerina Witt issue of Playboy.
ArizonaisforLiars
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:16 pm

Yeah, I am calling bullshit here as well. If that narrative was even partially true, the end result would have been her having you dragged out onto the reservation and beaten senseless by security/the tribal police.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:54 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:51 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Yeah, I am calling bullshit here as well. If that narrative was even partially true, the end result would have been her having you dragged out onto the reservation and beaten senseless by security/the tribal police.

Might want to do some research on dates of events (historically) to see if things match up before calling me a liar. Its up to you. But no, she did not do that. I have no idea what she said (in German) when I showed her "her spread" but I could see she was partially embarrassed but mostly flattered.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:33 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Yeah, I am calling bullshit here as well. If that narrative was even partially true, the end result would have been her having you dragged out onto the reservation and beaten senseless by security/the tribal police.

Might want to do some research on dates of events (historically) to see if things match up before calling me a liar. Its up to you. But no, she did not do that. I have no idea what she said (in German) when I showed her "her spread" but I could see she was partially embarrassed but mostly flattered.

My guess is that she said "Der Maennchen hat einen kleinen Schwanz". I could be wrong though but that would be my guess.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:31 am

michigan true FR OLB osman savage is in the portal. only bring this up cause he went to St. Francis Academy in Baltimore (where 2021 commit clinton burnes & '22 commit jamal hood are) and AAR was his lead recruiter when at umass
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:michigan true FR OLB osman savage is in the portal. only bring this up cause he went to St. Francis Academy in Baltimore (where 2021 commit clinton burnes & '22 commit jamal hood are) and AAR was his lead recruiter when at umass

So fast, probably just wants to be closer to home.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:00 am

KENYATTA WATSON II has entered the portal. DB chose Texas.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium