Transfer portal?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Transfer portal?

Postby HJS on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I really don’t understand how this team is supposed to be worse than last year’s. Harder schedule, new staff, but on paper should be better at pretty much every position whether through additions or more experience

this

Is this serious? You can’t yada-yada-yada passed new staff during a pandemic and the hardest schedule since Henning.

Last year, with a generational RB, we went 6-6 on one of the easiest schedules ever... it had 3 automatic OOC wins plus the most talent-depleted ACC schedule (sans Clemson).

This year, we are completely devoid of defensive talent. Can you even name the starters on the DL? Offensively, if we were running the same system and had AB, I’d agree we would be better. But, an entirely new system (with no Spring to install it) combined with a no-snaps signal caller removes all previous benefits. And the “should be better from more experience” is the worst argument consider every team can say the same.

4-8, 5-7, 4-7 and 4-7... those are the records in years where the schedule-maker didn’t start us off with a minimum of 3 layup Ws. We’ll be lucky to get a 4th win this year regardless of who is under center or coaching on the sidelines.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I really don’t understand how this team is supposed to be worse than last year’s. Harder schedule, new staff, but on paper should be better at pretty much every position whether through additions or more experience

this

Is this serious? You can’t yada-yada-yada passed new staff during a pandemic and the hardest schedule since Henning.

Last year, with a generational RB, we went 6-6 on one of the easiest schedules ever... it had 3 automatic OOC wins plus the most talent-depleted ACC schedule (sans Clemson).

This year, we are completely devoid of defensive talent. Can you even name the starters on the DL? Offensively, if we were running the same system and had AB, I’d agree we would be better. But, an entirely new system (with no Spring to install it) combined with a no-snaps signal caller removes all previous benefits. And the “should be better from more experience” is the worst argument consider every team can say the same.

4-8, 5-7, 4-7 and 4-7... those are the records in years where the schedule-maker didn’t start us off with a minimum of 3 layup Ws. We’ll be lucky to get a 4th win this year regardless of who is under center or coaching on the sidelines.

I will take the over on your O/U 4 wins. Just remember a high school gym teacher from CT was able to go .500 in the ACC 5 out of 7 years.

OL will be great, RB will be strong and arguably more effective with a balanced offense, WRs will be best we’ve had in a long time, Hunter long should have a huge season at TE. Defense will be much improved with the transfer from buffalo coming in on the DL and the Maryland transfer on the backend along with better coaching for the secondary. LBs should be more effective as well if they can stay healthy.

QB is obviously the question mark but I trust the staff to put the best guy out and use him a way that best fits his skills. This alone would be a huge difference from The previous 7 years.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

this

Did we even have an offensive system under Daz? RB's don't really matter, and no one could name the starters on the DL last year either. Can't say that we really lost any truly relevant talent on D. Add back in McDuffie, Gill, (hopefully) Jurk, Jones, Onwuka, and a competent coach, and I'd be shocked if there wasn't some level of improvement. Maybe it takes a month of growing pains to figure it out, but it's a more talented roster, and our peer ACC schools are just as mediocre as we are. I say we go around .500 (which is more of an accomplishment than last year).
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:19 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Defense will be much improved with the transfer from buffalo coming in on the DL.

I rest my case.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:24 pm

No one could be worse than Steve Addazio!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Defense will be much improved with the transfer from buffalo coming in on the DL.

I rest my case.

pretty sure he was all-conference last year ; I expect he will be an upgrade at DT.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HammarMA {l Wrote}:I hope BC made some kind of demand that ND would support the transfer in exchange for BC support of
then joining the conference for 2020. Quid pro quo

The ACC far more cares about what ND has to say rather than BC, unfortunately. But I guess thats what you get for putting the product we put on the field/court the last decade.

This is the dumbest conversation ever.

First, if all it took for the ACC to complete the full acquisition of ND was the sacrifice of a single player, Swofford would get dressed up as the witch doctor from Temple of Doom chanting Kalimar while sinking his fist into the chest of Trevor Lawrence. Jurkovec is not a thought in the minds of anyone beyond the 6 posters on this board.

Second, I have no problem ND having a policy against releasing kids without sitting (especially when they are then playing them the same season). Those are the rules. And, so long as they are doing them consistently, why do we give a shit? If it’s wildly cruel to the kid, then use it as a tool to recruit against ND. If Georgia doesn’t do it, then we should’ve stolen a QB from there instead (if the focus was this year).

Third, this year is shot to hell. Jurk doesn’t change the season. We won’t be fighting for 3rd place in the Atlantic no matter who was taking the reigns. This was always about whether we had enough cupcakes to make it to 6-6. The schedule released yesterday foreclosed the possibility of a winning season with or without a QB.

Finally, given the above, and given the fact that Jurkovec left South Bend with shattered confidence and no love for the game, he needs a mental break for the season (instead of burning a year of eligibility getting his ass kicked and questioning whether he was just overhyped). For BC, what’s wrong with giving Sam Johnson a shot or Fordham Prep’s GOAT? You know as much about their abilities as you do Jurk’s. But, because of Farrell’s hip fluidity rating system, here you guys are treating Tommy Rees’ cast-off as the savior of the program. It’s pathetic.

I think a good Jurk would solve a lot of your problems, HJS. Of course we'll have to consult his astrological chart, interview his high school guidance counselor, and break into his septic tank to do stool analysis before we'll know if he's truly in the correct state of mind for the whole affair.

This is a rare good post for you, and I think it deserves acknowledgment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:04 pm

OLines win college football games and BC has a very good one. With the assumption that Jurkovec plays, this team could win 6-7 games with this schedule.

And Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up about how tough this schedule is. Adding ACC games is probably a bonus. GT and Duke are terrible and BC lost to Kansas last year. The ACC has one unbeatable team, and a bunch of mediocre shit that BC can, but won't consistently, beat if they have a QB.

If Grosel starts, they win 2 or 3 games.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Finally, given the above, and given the fact that Jurkovec left South Bend with shattered confidence and no love for the game, he needs a mental break for the season (instead of burning a year of eligibility getting his ass kicked and questioning whether he was just overhyped).

As I understand it, Jurk gets a max of three years regardless. So if he doesn’t get the waiver he loses a year and only has two years left.

Correct

So hjs needs to reassess his argument. Any reasonable BC fan would want this guy to have three years of playing time, not two.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:OLines win college football games and BC has a very good one. With the assumption that Jurkovec plays, this team could win 6-7 games with this schedule.

And Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up about how tough this schedule is. Adding ACC games is probably a bonus. GT and Duke are terrible and BC lost to Kansas last year. The ACC has one unbeatable team, and a bunch of mediocre shit that BC can, but won't consistently, beat if they have a QB.

with Jurkovec I think the team COULD win 8 or 9 games but WOULD probably realistically only win six or seven. Really the only game completely out of reach is Clemson with UNC probably being a loss as well. The rest of the ACC is beatable although obviously you don't win every game you should. otherwise, I agree with what you wrote.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:46 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Finally, given the above, and given the fact that Jurkovec left South Bend with shattered confidence and no love for the game, he needs a mental break for the season (instead of burning a year of eligibility getting his ass kicked and questioning whether he was just overhyped).

As I understand it, Jurk gets a max of three years regardless. So if he doesn’t get the waiver he loses a year and only has two years left.

Correct

So hjs needs to reassess his argument. Any reasonable BC fan would want this guy to have three years of playing time, not two.

if there's one thing I could bet on (even in this crazy 2020) is that HomoJS will definitely change his argument and then tell us how he's been right from the beginning.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:OLines win college football games and BC has a very good one. With the assumption that Jurkovec plays, this team could win 6-7 games with this schedule.

with Jurkovec I think the team COULD win 8 or 9 games but WOULD probably realistically only win six or seven. Really the only game completely out of reach is Clemson with UNC probably being a loss as well. The rest of the ACC is beatable although obviously you don't win every game you should. otherwise, I agree with what you wrote.

I'm still waiting for the year UNC is actually good. Stop. And Jesus with Louisville too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I'm still waiting for the year UNC is actually good. Stop. And Jesus with Louisville too.

Media always blows smoke up their a***s. Let them both prove it on the field.

It has to be almost a given that players won't be in as good physical shape going into this season. A team that already has a strong offensive line has to see a bigger advantage from that. The defense is really concerning, especially as you would think it's going to be harder to build a knowledge base to allow scheming around their deficiencies.

BC's got to show the players and coaches, though, that it stands up for them. That's why they should be fighting hard for Jurkovec, and shouldn't let any NCAA politics stop them from following the motto on Jurkovec and the team's behalf that "information wants to be free".
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:41 pm

Do we have any sense of timing? At what point does no news become de facto bad news?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:40 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Media always blows smoke up their a***s. Let them both prove it on the field.

It has to be almost a given that players won't be in as good physical shape going into this season. A team that already has a strong offensive line has to see a bigger advantage from that. The defense is really concerning, especially as you would think it's going to be harder to build a knowledge base to allow scheming around their deficiencies.

BC's got to show the players and coaches, though, that it stands up for them. That's why they should be fighting hard for Jurkovec, and shouldn't let any NCAA politics stop them from following the motto on Jurkovec and the team's behalf that "information wants to be free".

BCDEE is the BC Media Blog Queen.

We had the usual lazy BC blog owners & posters asleep at the wheel when BCDEE embarrassed these guys with her #FREEJURK blitz and none had the balls to credit her including BC and Baum.

BC not getting a waiver after ND got into the schedule makes us the Fredo di tutti Fredos.

Guess what? BC deserved it for hiring Spaz, Donahue, Dazhole!
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:22 pm

It appears Jurkovec's waiver has been granted by the NCAA.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:32 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:It appears Jurkovec's waiver has been granted by the NCAA.

Now I know the season will canceled
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:35 pm

https://twitter.com/BCdee97
Drinks on me SweetDee next time you travel North (but, only after self quarantine for escaping Dirty Carolina).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:36 pm

BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:It appears Jurkovec's waiver has been granted by the NCAA.

Now I know the season will canceled

I said the same thing in a group chat.
Regardless of when we play whether its fall or spring, Jurkovec under center gives us a much better chance to win. this is easily the most excited for BC football ive been since 2008.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Regardless of when we play whether its fall or spring, Jurkovec under center gives us a much better chance to win.

How do you know that?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Regardless of when we play whether its fall or spring, Jurkovec under center gives us a much better chance to win.

How do you know that?

I'm pretty confident that he's got more tools then Grosel (Nothing against Grosel).

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

How do you know that?

I'm pretty confident that he's got more tools then Grosel (Nothing against Grosel).

Here's what an ND recruiting weirdo wrote of him:

https://www.si.com/college/bostoncolleg ... ing-report

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

How do you know that?

This could take the cake for your most Funishment-esque agenda. Stop. We had a Dennis Grosel at QB prior to this announcement.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:https://twitter.com/BCdee97
Drinks on me SweetDee next time you travel North (but, only after self quarantine for escaping Dirty Carolina).

Wait, but I thought BC fans were stupid for begging for a waiver?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

How do you know that?

I'll have to agree with hansen here.

BC has two redshirt frosh and a true frosh on the roster. We really do not know if any of them are ready to start college football as a freshman QB the way the player in my avatar was forced to do. But we do know what we have with Grosel. Lets pretend for a moment that Jurkovec was not permitted to play. If Grosel starts because Jurk can't play for BC this year, it means that Grosel is better than all three frosh and better than Valecce. In that scenario that (thankfully) we do not have to live, I wish Grosel all the best and I hope BC wins every game. But I'm not sure that Grosel has the skills or the athleticism to make that happen.

Jurkovec has the tools and the athleticism to make a difference, a difference that means we don't have expect an offense that can't win beyond "3 yards and a cloud of dust." BC now has options offensively and can play an unpredictable offense. If he didn't have the skills to make a difference, then Notre Dame would NOT have fought so hard to prevent his transfer. That "fight" put up by Notre Dame speaks volumes to me on how much better the offense will be with Jurkovec under center.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:21 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Was that a HomoJS waiver at one point? I honestly cant keep track of all of them in my head.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Was that a HomoJS waiver at one point? I honestly cant keep track of all of them in my head.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17702&start=180#p530152
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

How do you know that?

This could take the cake for your most Funishment-esque agenda. Stop. We had a Dennis Grosel at QB prior to this announcement.

Addazio started Grosel and was fired for it. Same guy who chose Fadule over Jeff Smith. I put as much faith in Daz’s QB choice (Grosel over Johnson and Valecce) as I do shirtless boy watchers drooling over the fluidity of Jurk’s hips. The entire Recruiting Thread each year is a take down of the Star system. Funny how folks give it full faith and credit when it comes to Jurk.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:49 am

Is there a serious debate that Jurk is a downgrade from a 7th string walk-on QB?

I'm about as meh as you get about 2020 BC Football, but not starting Flutie/Fadule/Grosel will make it worth watching at least.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:52 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Is there a serious debate that Jurk is a downgrade from a 7th string walk-on QB?

It’s not about Grosel vs Jurk. It is about Valecce/Johnson vs Jurk. If Valecce and Johnson are truly such a “cesspool” such that they are behind Grosel, then by all means... believe in the star ratings until Jurk starts performing like an ACC-level recruit. Because, one thing last year proved is that no one can be worse than Chris Crane (Anthony Brown)... except Don Davis (Dennis Grosel).
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium