2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:http://bit.ly/Matusz-Media

I thought this interview was interesting. The whole setup just seems so much more like a modern program now, especially the S&C and support staff.

just got around to listening to this, agreed was very good.

first thing that jumped out at me was when matusz was hired from ohio state, went to hafley and said we need to double strength support staff and now there are 4 including tyler rouse

This makes sense. S&C are allowed to work with the team pretty much year round with minimal restrictions where as coaches can only have limited contact during the offseason. is four the NCAA limit for S&C staff?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

Birkenstocks?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:20 am

hafley had press conf yesterday:

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:11 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hafley had press conf yesterday:

Hafley is the anti-Daz.

How can you not love this guy?

I just pray that if he starts winning, BC ponies up whatever money it takes to keep him.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Hafley is the anti-Daz.

I just pray that if he starts winning, BC ponies up whatever money it takes to keep him.

I would rather Hafley be the anti-Spaz.

As a head coach, Daz could do one or two things right. As a head coach, Spaz did nothing right.

The team is ranked dead last in the ACC this year. Thanks Daz. Lets see what Hafley can do under that kind of pressure, assuming there is even a season.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:59 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Hafley is the anti-Daz.

As a head coach, Daz could do one or two things right. As a head coach, Spaz did nothing right.

The team is ranked dead last in the ACC this year. Thanks Daz. Lets see what Hafley can do under that kind of pressure, assuming there is even a season.

If you think BC is finishing in last place in the ACC, then you are dumber than anyone thinks.

Recall that even the Heinz Hammer could go .500 in conference every year.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Hafley is the anti-Daz.

If you think BC is finishing in last place in the ACC, then you are dumber than anyone thinks.

Recall that even the Heinz Hammer could go .500 in conference every year.

Every year? That is not how I recall 2015 or even 2016.

I have no idea how BC finishes this season (maybe 0-0) but I'll say this much, I am expecting nothing of this season and nothing of Hafley. He gets a pass on 2020 (and to a lesser extent 2021.) I am not going to hold him responsible for the absolute shit show that has been Addazio's recruiting. And having said that let me say this, I expected the WORLD of Jagodzinski in his first season.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 pm

No space is like the Vatican; spout random shit as doctrine enough times and people will stop arguing with you. Declare victory. No one notices. Rinse, repeat.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:22 pm

Obviously the 3-9 season is an exception. :81

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Obviously the 3-9 season is an exception. :81

It was no exception. He went 2-6 in ACC play the following year.

The two best teams he had were the two seasons he was coaching Spaz's recruits and his 5th year transfers. The two best quarterbacks he had were the ONLY two quarterbacks he ever had, his first two seasons. The players Addazio recruited (who Hafley is now stuck with temporarily), sucked.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 am

https://nypost.com/2020/06/27/kansas-st ... eboard_app

I give these kids credit. Shows some resolve to quit your scholarship over a random jackass making a stupid “joke” on Twitter that you disagree with.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:25 am

The two best teams he had were the two seasons he was coaching Spaz's recruits and his 5th year transfers. The two best quarterbacks he had were the ONLY two quarterbacks he ever had, his first two seasons. The players Addazio recruited (who Hafley is now stuck with temporarily), sucked.

If Grosel is the starting QB BC could absolutely finish dead last. This team has some talent, but some glaring issues on defense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If Grosel is the starting QB BC could absolutely finish dead last. This team has some talent, but some glaring issues on defense.

It’s a shame we don’t have a brilliant defensive mind as HC. That, would probably help a lot here.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:16 pm

If we had never fired Spaziani and given him 4 more years and another extension we might had won a few ACC titles.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:39 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It’s a shame we don’t have a brilliant defensive mind as HC. That, would probably help a lot here.

There was some scheming issues last year for sure, but Nick Saban couldn’t fix our pass rush or safety play.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

There was some scheming issues last year for sure, but Nick Saban couldn’t fix our pass rush or safety play.

Brought in the DT from Buffalo and the S from MD.
That should definitely help.
I would argue not consistently putting a LB on a WR will fix a lot of issues.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I didn’t think the MD guy was immediately eligible. Is that not right?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Jones is a huge upgrade over MEA/Borgersen but I am not sure if Onwuka will be any better than Karafa, and we also lost Yeargin and have not brought in a transfer at DE which should have been a priority. The situation at DE is not pretty: Barlow, Morais, Valdez, Ness and Sillah.
A healthy McDuffie will definitely help at LB.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:44 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Jones is a huge upgrade over MEA/Borgersen but I am not sure if Onwuka will be any better than Karafa, and we also lost Yeargin and have not brought in a transfer at DE which should have been a priority. The situation at DE is not pretty: Barlow, Morais, Valdez, Ness and Sillah.
A healthy McDuffie will definitely help at LB.

Sillah could have a breakout year; he showed some flashes last year at getting to the QB.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 pm

BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I didn’t think the MD guy was immediately eligible. Is that not right?

Deon Jones was set to graduate and would be immediately Eligible with two years remaining.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Boston College tested 93 football student-athletes & had only one positive COVID result.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1278702729385390081
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Ok I'll try this once.

1. You're not immune to serious hospitalization or death between the ages of 18-22 (obviously less likely than if you're 80).
2. There's no evidence to suggest you can't catch it again or that you have any long lasting immunity against it (yet).
3. If the players are infected, they're likely to infect the coaches and support staff some of which are in the high-risk demographic. You also have all the general support staff (and eventually professors) at BC.
4. This entire thing is about trying to avoid overwhelming the hospitals/medical care system.

ok

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/sta ... 0996855808
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Oh ok. The guy whose twitter bio includes "crypto" and "jiujitsu" is the coronavirus expert.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:25 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Oh ok. The guy whose twitter bio includes "crypto" and "jiujitsu" is the coronavirus expert.

Not the point. Look at Sweden.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:35 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Oh ok. The guy whose twitter bio includes "crypto" and "jiujitsu" is the coronavirus expert.

I should also ask, when driving by yourself, are you wearing a mask?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:55 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden- ... own-2020-7
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

An alleged death total of 5370 out of 10.3 million people is not the disaster they are claiming it to be. That is .05%. I’m also hesitant to believe any official numbers as testing has not been accurate and in some cases, reports have been exaggerated.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:30 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

An alleged death total of 5370 out of 10.3 million people is not the disaster they are claiming it to be. That is .05%. I’m also hesitant to believe any official numbers as testing has not been accurate and in some cases, reports have been exaggerated.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14705
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:49 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Countries don’t often launch internal investigations if their strategy “worked”
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:47 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Countries don’t often launch internal investigations if their strategy “worked”

I'll take the hint from Domingo to not discuss this after this post, but the US has an alleged death total of 132k with a shut down. That is about the same death rate as Sweden, with no shut down.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium