Transfer portal?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Transfer portal?

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:25 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}::bringit
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}: Not a big Wade fan but he’s way better than the current starter.

I rest my case. Darius Wade was third string at Delaware. He did nothing at BC and is not "way better" than the current starter. Stop.

The current BC starter if it is Grosel, wouldn't get a sniff a Delaware.

And neither did Wade.

OK great you set some high standards, nice work winning your first argument.

Is there a reason you have a baseball bat emoji? Is that a threat?

You should take it as you see it.

When you can't win the argument, resort to violence. You must sympathize with Antifa.

Jesus. You're a moron, but this is dumb for you.

Nice non sequitur

Antifa wasn't a non sequitur for BC QB play? Jesus you're stupid.

Appreciate the ad hominem

Don't start what you aren't capable of finishing.

I already finished it. This is just for entertainment purposes.

Yes it is, lol.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Later. Try to spell ad hominem one more time. Lol.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}::bringit
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}: Not a big Wade fan but he’s way better than the current starter.

I rest my case. Darius Wade was third string at Delaware. He did nothing at BC and is not "way better" than the current starter. Stop.

The current BC starter if it is Grosel, wouldn't get a sniff a Delaware.

And neither did Wade.

OK great you set some high standards, nice work winning your first argument.

Is there a reason you have a baseball bat emoji? Is that a threat?

You should take it as you see it.

When you can't win the argument, resort to violence. You must sympathize with Antifa.

Jesus. You're a moron, but this is dumb for you.

Nice non sequitur

Antifa wasn't a non sequitur for BC QB play? Jesus you're stupid.

Appreciate the ad hominem

Don't start what you aren't capable of finishing.

I already finished it. This is just for entertainment purposes.

Yes it is, lol.

Glad you think it's funny too.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:02 am

Are you guys going to fuck? if so, please take it to forum 9.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Are you guys going to fuck? if so, please take it to forum 9.

Don't make them stop, they were just about to start Chapter 7! Joy killer.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Did you know Troy Flutie has a higher BC QB rating than Matt Ryan?

We'd probably be retiring his jersey this fall if somebody took away his keys...
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:17 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

If you don't think Wade > Grosel then I can't help you. Neither should be started in the ACC (or CAA apparently).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Dennis Grosel has a higher BC QB rating than Darius Wade

edit: also more TDS, less INTs, and higher yards per attempt

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Did you know Troy Flutie has a higher BC QB rating than Matt Ryan?

We'd probably be retiring his jersey this fall if somebody took away his keys...

wow, I thought this was you instigating but this is actually a (small sample size) fact.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Did you know Troy Flutie has a higher BC QB rating than Matt Ryan?

wow, I thought this was you instigating but this is actually a (small sample size) fact.

It is also him instigating.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Syracuse away in 2017/2019: Wade v Grossel. Simply put, Wade looked better than Grossel.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:53 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Dennis Grosel has a higher BC QB rating than Darius Wade

You're abusing statistics here to make a poor argument. It's a sample size of like 100 throws and you're including '14 and '15 mop-up duty for Wade playing with the 3rd team offense.

The only year that should count for Wade at QB was 2017 and he was markedly better than Grosel (including a better QB rating, more Y/A).

With this said, I've already wasted too much time debating the merits of these two sub-par QBs. We going to do the Flutie vs. Fadule debate next?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:34 am

Not to distract from the tallest midget debate of best QBs of the Daz era, but is there any scenario where Gill will be eligible?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:45 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Dennis Grosel has a higher BC QB rating than Darius Wade

You're abusing statistics here to make a poor argument. It's a sample size of like 100 throws and you're including '14 and '15 mop-up duty for Wade playing with the 3rd team offense.

The only year that should count for Wade at QB was 2017 and he was markedly better than Grosel (including a better QB rating, more Y/A).

With this said, I've already wasted too much time debating the merits of these two sub-par QBs. We going to do the Flutie vs. Fadule debate next?

Wouldn't be much of a debate, because you have the exact same opinion about both of them

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:14 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wouldn't be much of a debate, because you have the exact same opinion about both of them

Flutie was better than Fadule.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:21 pm

jt daniels got his waiver to play this year (if there is a season) approved for some reason

per
@PickSixPreviews

Absolutely zero rhyme or reason with who gets immediate eligibility

Approved: Daniels, Martell, Fields
Denied: Eason, Ford, Hoffman
Waiting: Gatewood, Jurkovec
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:38 pm

USC had jumped through a hundred hoops to publicly say JT Daniels was going to have every opportunity to regain the starting position. As with everything with the NCAA, when it comes to the factories, there are no rules. Seems like the NCAA believes that, so long as you are in the realm of schools who do not pretend to be anything more than minor league football, transfer at will. Once you are dealing with the non-BabyRapists, NCAA rules apply. Does not bode well for Jurk (and to a lesser extent, Gatewood). The interesting thing will be if there is no season. Will the NCAA make these denials sit out 2021?

Daniels to Georgia (from USC)
Martell to MIami (from tOSU)
Fields to tOSU (from Georgia)

Eason to Washington (from Georgia)
Hoffman to VaTech (from Coastal Carolina)
Ford to Illinois (from Georgia)

Jurkovec to BC (from ND)
Gatewood to Kentucky (from Auburn)
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:USC had jumped through a hundred hoops to publicly say JT Daniels was going to have every opportunity to regain the starting position. As with everything with the NCAA, when it comes to the factories, there are no rules. Seems like the NCAA believes that, so long as you are in the realm of schools who do not pretend to be anything more than minor league football, transfer at will. Once you are dealing with the non-BabyRapists, NCAA rules apply. Does not bode well for Jurk (and to a lesser extent, Gatewood). The interesting thing will be if there is no season. Will the NCAA make these denials sit out 2021?

Daniels to Georgia (from USC)
Martell to MIami (from tOSU)
Fields to tOSU (from Georgia)

Eason to Washington (from Georgia)
Hoffman to VaTech (from Coastal Carolina)
Ford to Illinois (from Georgia)

Jurkovec to BC (from ND)
Gatewood to Kentucky (from Auburn)

First, huge credit to BCDee97 for creating an apparently organic effort to promote Jurkovec's eligibility.

Most recent bit I've seen indicates that Gatewood's waiver request is also pending a decision. Maybe more importantly, it cites reporters' tweets indicating that NCAA President Mark Emmert supports the blanket one-time transfer opportunity, and that he thinks it was Covid-19 that forestalled passage this year.

Very curious as to what Dick Rosenthal and others who seem to have inside info think. Based on my years of experience navigating through passive-aggressive bureaucracies/businesses, and knowing how BC doesn't like being involved in confrontations that can generate media attention, I'm guessing BC pulled punches in the appeal so that Emmert & others could work on ND. I think further that ND administration would be inclined to give the waiver so as to avoid info on ND"s treatment of Jurkovec from getting out.

Kelly & Rees, however, benefit the most if Jurkovec stays out this year. Reading between the lines, it seems they held fast to their offensive system and clung to more of a system QB in Ian Book, rather than building their offense around the more talented Jurkovec. Why would they do that? Because they overrate their own capabilities as coaches, their contribution as coaches to ND's success, and because they'll get more professional credit if they market "their" system rather than just winning because they have ND talent. I would think that's more the case with Rees than Kelly BTW, but whatever. Regardless, I think those incentives led them to do Jurkovec dirty behind the scenes.

As bad as it looks to mistreat Jurkovec, I could envision Kelly & Rees seeing it as worse if Jurkovec plays well, leading to powerful ND alumni channeling Bob Lobel's "why can't we get players like that?". Emmert probably wants to end this without bad PR and conflict, and BC's upper admin is always on-board with avoiding those things. So I could imagine Emmert thinking season might get canceled without having to make a decision, while Kelly & Rees bet BC will fold. But Dee's #FreeJurk built an organic structure such that Hafley could give a nod once someone mentioned it publicly (the Clemson radio host, "Depthula" or "Road rage" or whatever). Hence the player retweets starting Friday and elder Tessitore's "questions" to his ESPN colleagues.

I always thought a flat-out rejection was not that likely given the goods I think Jurkovec's people have, but it's best for him personally if he doesn't have to explain to NFL scouts eventually why he dragged down Kelly & Rees. Credit to BCDee97 & #FreeJurk for making that possible.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:26 pm

Dee did a lot of people’s job in our Athletic Dept who could not leak that ND was blocking Jurkovec transfer from Day 1 to the media.

Our people are embarrassing.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby HammarMA on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:43 pm

I hope BC made some kind of demand that ND would support the transfer in exchange for BC support of
then joining the conference for 2020. Quid pro quo
HammarMA
n00b

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 pm

HammarMA {l Wrote}:I hope BC made some kind of demand that ND would support the transfer in exchange for BC support of

The ACC far more cares about what ND has to say rather than BC, unfortunately. But I guess thats what you get for putting the product we put on the field/court the last decade.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:35 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HammarMA {l Wrote}:I hope BC made some kind of demand that ND would support the transfer in exchange for BC support of

The ACC far more cares about what ND has to say rather than BC, unfortunately. But I guess thats what you get for putting the product we put on the field/court the last decade.

This is the dumbest conversation ever.

First, if all it took for the ACC to complete the full acquisition of ND was the sacrifice of a single player, Swofford would get dressed up as the witch doctor from Temple of Doom chanting Kalimar while sinking his fist into the chest of Trevor Lawrence. Jurkovec is not a thought in the minds of anyone beyond the 6 posters on this board.

Second, I have no problem ND having a policy against releasing kids without sitting (especially when they are then playing them the same season). Those are the rules. And, so long as they are doing them consistently, why do we give a shit? If it’s wildly cruel to the kid, then use it as a tool to recruit against ND. If Georgia doesn’t do it, then we should’ve stolen a QB from there instead (if the focus was this year).

Third, this year is shot to hell. Jurk doesn’t change the season. We won’t be fighting for 3rd place in the Atlantic no matter who was taking the reigns. This was always about whether we had enough cupcakes to make it to 6-6. The schedule released yesterday foreclosed the possibility of a winning season with or without a QB.

Finally, given the above, and given the fact that Jurkovec left South Bend with shattered confidence and no love for the game, he needs a mental break for the season (instead of burning a year of eligibility getting his ass kicked and questioning whether he was just overhyped). For BC, what’s wrong with giving Sam Johnson a shot or Fordham Prep’s GOAT? You know as much about their abilities as you do Jurk’s. But, because of Farrell’s hip fluidity rating system, here you guys are treating Tommy Rees’ cast-off as the savior of the program. It’s pathetic.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

First, if all it took for the ACC to complete the full acquisition of ND was the sacrifice of a single player, Swofford would get dressed up as the witch doctor from Temple of Doom chanting Kalimar while sinking his fist into the chest of Trevor Lawrence. Jurkovec is not a thought in the minds of anyone beyond the 6 posters on this board.

Second, I have no problem ND having a policy against releasing kids without sitting (especially when they are then playing them the same season). Those are the rules. And, so long as they are doing them consistently, why do we give a shit? If it’s wildly cruel to the kid, then use it as a tool to recruit against ND. If Georgia doesn’t do it, then we should’ve stolen a QB from there instead (if the focus was this year).

Third, this year is shot to hell. Jurk doesn’t change the season. We won’t be fighting for 3rd place in the Atlantic no matter who was taking the reigns. This was always about whether we had enough cupcakes to make it to 6-6. The schedule released yesterday foreclosed the possibility of a winning season with or without a QB.

Finally, given the above, and given the fact that Jurkovec left South Bend with shattered confidence and no love for the game, he needs a mental break for the season (instead of burning a year of eligibility getting his ass kicked and questioning whether he was just overhyped). For BC, what’s wrong with giving Sam Johnson a shot or Fordham Prep’s GOAT? You know as much about their abilities as you do Jurk’s. But, because of Farrell’s hip fluidity rating system, here you guys are treating Tommy Rees’ cast-off as the savior of the program. It’s pathetic.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:53 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Finally, given the above, and given the fact that Jurkovec left South Bend with shattered confidence and no love for the game, he needs a mental break for the season (instead of burning a year of eligibility getting his ass kicked and questioning whether he was just overhyped).

As I understand it, Jurk gets a max of three years regardless. So if he doesn’t get the waiver he loses a year and only has two years left.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

I think a good Jurk would solve a lot of your problems, HJS. Of course we'll have to consult his astrological chart, interview his high school guidance counselor, and break into his septic tank to do stool analysis before we'll know if he's truly in the correct state of mind for the whole affair.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:15 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Finally, given the above, and given the fact that Jurkovec left South Bend with shattered confidence and no love for the game, he needs a mental break for the season (instead of burning a year of eligibility getting his ass kicked and questioning whether he was just overhyped).

As I understand it, Jurk gets a max of three years regardless. So if he doesn’t get the waiver he loses a year and only has two years left.

Correct

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:51 am

I know we have a new coach and system, and got screwed over with the pandemic timing, but isn't our offense kind of stacked? We're not that bad.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am

I really don’t understand how this team is supposed to be worse than last year’s. Harder schedule, new staff, but on paper should be better at pretty much every position whether through additions or more experience
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:I know we have a new coach and system, and got screwed over with the pandemic timing, but isn't our offense kind of stacked? We're not that bad.

this

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:I really don’t understand how this team is supposed to be worse than last year’s. Harder schedule, new staff, but on paper should be better at pretty much every position whether through additions or more experience

this

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium