BC - VT ACC Championship 2007 on ACC Network now

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC - VT ACC Championship 2007 on ACC Network now

Postby Mike_S on Sun May 31, 2020 3:30 pm

I was at this game but never watched it again until now. BC had tremendous talent all over the place in 2007 plus incredible confidence. This was a great game, but a few key plays went VT's way. The blocked XP that VT brought back for 2 points was a killer...should have been a 10 point lead, but instead only 7...
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Re: BC - VT ACC Championship 2007 on ACC Network now

Postby eepstein0 on Sun May 31, 2020 7:57 pm

Another game I’ve chosen to forget. I was at the ‘08 game and we played miserably.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun May 31, 2020 10:27 pm

was at both ACCCGs. ugh.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 31, 2020 10:41 pm

I was at the 2008 game, at least 2007 was a game. On the other hand, 08 was in Tampa.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I was at the 2008 game, at least 2007 was a game. On the other hand, 08 was in Tampa.

The Gunnell fumble early in the game was a back-breaker
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Mike_S {l Wrote}:I was at this game but never watched it again until now. BC had tremendous talent all over the place in 2007 plus incredible confidence. This was a great game, but a few key plays went VT's way. The blocked XP that VT brought back for 2 points was a killer...should have been a 10 point lead, but instead only 7...

All I remember of the 2007 championship game were the images from the sky. The images/shots from the blimp or helicopter passing overhead showing a basically EMPTY stadium in Jacksonville, was all the excuse that Leeman Bennett needed to deny BC a consolation slot in the Peach Bowl that they deserved/earned. Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1 - Boston College football 0. That was awful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_ACC_Championship_Game#/media/File:07ACCCG_National_Anthem_Flag.JPG

[url]unjustifiedprecision.blogspot.com/2011/11/acc-football-championship-game-proves.html[/url]
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Mike_S {l Wrote}:I was at this game but never watched it again until now. BC had tremendous talent all over the place in 2007 plus incredible confidence. This was a great game, but a few key plays went VT's way. The blocked XP that VT brought back for 2 points was a killer...should have been a 10 point lead, but instead only 7...

All I remember of the 2007 championship game were the images from the sky. The images/shots from the blimp or helicopter passing overhead showing a basically EMPTY stadium in Jacksonville, was all the excuse that Leeman Bennett needed to deny BC a consolation slot in the Peach Bowl that they deserved/earned. Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1 - Boston College football 0. That was awful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_ACC_Championship_Game#/media/File:07ACCCG_National_Anthem_Flag.JPG

[url]unjustifiedprecision.blogspot.com/2011/11/acc-football-championship-game-proves.html[/url]

that peach bowl bs was decided long before BC took the field that day.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:28 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:

Yeah I'm sure you are right.

It sucks when you are in a club with just 14 members, but an unshakable hierarchy means that you (and everyone else in the club) knows that you have maybe the least or at best the second least amount of clout in that exclusive club. And there is nothing at all that you can do to alter your position on that hierarchy because, well, math.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:30 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:

Yeah I'm sure you are right.

It sucks when you are in a club with just 14 members, but an unshakable hierarchy means that you (and everyone else in the club) knows that you have maybe the least or at best the second least amount of clout in that exclusive club. And there is nothing at all that you can do to alter your position on that hierarchy because, well, math.

Definitely sucks for you, you went to Northeastern nights
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium