2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu May 21, 2020 5:51 pm

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu May 21, 2020 6:58 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Prime tailgating spots in 2020?? https://twitter.com/JasonBaumPR/status/ ... 7624795137

That's a lot of parking spots lost for hockey (and any big games for basketball).
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 21, 2020 7:52 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Prime tailgating spots in 2020?? https://twitter.com/JasonBaumPR/status/ ... 7624795137

That's a lot of parking spots lost for hockey (and any big games for basketball).

LOL, the 200 people that go to big hoop games will fit in Beacon garage.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 21, 2020 7:56 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

They are saying that there will be a net increase in lower tailgate spots. Mostly between the lawn and the new Plex, not that it will matter this season.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 22, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:They are saying that there will be a net increasing in lower tailgate spots. Mostly between the lawn and the new Plex, not that it will matter this season.

But will they let people park on the grass? That’s what needs to happen.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 pm

A couple of options, one make it like the Grove at Ole Miss, let people walk on set up tents and tailgate. 2nd option set up concert stage, food trucks, huge fan zone, game day every game type of an environment.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri May 22, 2020 9:17 am

In 5 years it'll be home to be the Father Leahy Center for Irish Poetry Studies...and there will be no parking
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 22, 2020 9:19 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:They are saying that there will be a net increase in lower tailgate spots. Mostly between the lawn and the new Plex, not that it will matter this season.

But will they let people park on the grass?

No
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri May 22, 2020 1:24 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:They are saying that there will be a net increase in lower tailgate spots. Mostly between the lawn and the new Plex, not that it will matter this season.

But will they let people park on the grass?

No

Terrible. At the very least, they need to think about ways to maximize that area on game day.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm

it looks like a perfect spot for live skank polling

dudes wrap around on the sidewalk and a group of girls approaches. the group of dudes shout out their numbers until a consensus is reached, then the ladies walk off in their respective glory/sadness. there will be more sad than glad so this should help the pathetic nerds on campus potentially get laid.

p&s - don't worry, hansen; i'm sure woke bc will make sure there will be groups of dudes that you can vote on too

p&p&s - don't worry, foot; same goes for chicks with dicks
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 22, 2020 3:52 pm

nice story on DT ryan betro's dad leaving the hospital after batting the chinese virus for last 50 days

https://twitter.com/rbetro75/status/1263646298294620163
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sat May 23, 2020 6:41 am

so are campanella way spots gone? or are they going to be allowed to park on the curb like basketball? have to imagine the curb, those are some of the most expensive spots on campus

also the "marty didn't want daz gone" is 100% false because i know its false.

it also makes no sense. if marty wasnt long for this place and wanted to move up the ranks, he had to go through the process of hiring someone of importance.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat May 23, 2020 8:20 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:so are campanella way spots gone?

Yup, and all the old spots between Alumni and the Plex.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:04 am

Did anyone leave school early and not get picked up by a team?
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... signed-nfl

Looks like the NCAA is granting a return to school due to coronavirus.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:00 pm

The players will return to campus June 22.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:The players will return to campus June 22.

What is the usual report date?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:06 am

https://bceagles.com/news/2020/6/11/foo ... ports.aspx

1st team: Vrable, Petrula
2nd team: bailey, zion johnson, lidstrom, richardson
3rd team: long, levy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:https://bceagles.com/news/2020/6/11/football-eight-eagles-named-preseason-all-acc-by-athlon-sports.aspx

1st team: Vrable, Petrula
2nd team: bailey, zion johnson, lidstrom, richardson
3rd team: long, levy

Long could be higher than 3rd team if we have a competent QB.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 am

Another year of BC football, another year of being dissed by magazine publications. I was wandering around the Walmart yesterday and I made my way over to the magazine rack. All three annual college football publications were there. So I picked each one up and paged directly to the BC section. It was basically the same story with each magazine: BC (even with 15 returning starters) is ranked 14th out of 14 teams in the ACC, for more than a decade mediocrity was tolerated with recruiting, and Jeff Hafley has a lot of work to do. One of them even ranked BC as low as 92 out of (what?) 126 FBS teams in the country.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:44 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Another year of BC football, another year of being dissed by magazine publications. I was wandering around the Walmart yesterday and I made my way over to the magazine rack. All three annual college football publications were there. So I picked each one up and paged directly to the BC section. It was basically the same story with each magazine: BC (even with 15 returning starters) is ranked 14th out of 14 teams in the ACC, for more than a decade mediocrity was tolerated with recruiting, and Jeff Hafley has a lot of work to do. One of them even ranked BC as low as 92 out of (what?) 126 FBS teams in the country.

BC potentially is going to have the worst QB play and defense in the entire conference along with removing AJ Dillon and a new coach. I'd be pretty pleased if Halfey can get to .500 or better.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Another year of BC football, another year of being dissed by magazine publications. I was wandering around the Walmart yesterday and I made my way over to the magazine rack. All three annual college football publications were there. So I picked each one up and paged directly to the BC section. It was basically the same story with each magazine: BC (even with 15 returning starters) is ranked 14th out of 14 teams in the ACC, for more than a decade mediocrity was tolerated with recruiting, and Jeff Hafley has a lot of work to do. One of them even ranked BC as low as 92 out of (what?) 126 FBS teams in the country.

BC potentially is going to have the worst QB play and defense in the entire conference along with removing AJ Dillon and a new coach. I'd be pretty pleased if Halfey can get to .500 or better.

I am not expecting much of Hafley. I expected the WORLD of Jeff Jagodzinski in his first season (I waged $210 on BC to win the national championship in 2007 in June of that year) and I expect NOTHING of Hafley in his first year. And my expectations are predicated entirely upon what the coach has to work with. Having said that, I don't want to hear a word from anyone on this board about how much better Addazio's recruiting was compared to :spaz or compared to anyone for that matter. Addazio was not fired for what he did or didn't do on 12 Saturdays. He was fired for what he didn't do the other 353 days in the year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:36 pm

what's that saying about arguing with a stupid person?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:what's that saying about arguing with a stupid person?

Is this directed to IB or epstein? Asking for TRE
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Board treasure

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:07 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Board treasure

TRE says thank you and file your taxes early.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:14 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I am not expecting much of Hafley. I expected the WORLD of Jeff Jagodzinski in his first season (I waged $210 on BC to win the national championship in 2007 in June of that year) and I expect NOTHING of Hafley in his first year. And my expectations are predicated entirely upon what the coach has to work with. Having said that, I don't want to hear a word from anyone on this board about how much better Addazio's recruiting was compared to :spaz or compared to anyone for that matter. Addazio was not fired for what he did or didn't do on 12 Saturdays. He was fired for what he didn't do the other 353 days in the year.

Daz got fired exactly due to what he did on 12 Saturday’s. He was an embarrassing in game coach
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Daz has the number one recruiting class in the Mountain West or whatever the hell conference CSU is in.
How did he suddenly become such a good recruiter?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Daz has the number one recruiting class in the Mountain West or whatever the hell conference CSU is in.

Addazio was always a good recruiter at BC. He couldn’t develop a QB worth’s damn. He was one of the worst in-game coaches ever. He also wasn’t great at building a roster. Essentially, anything that involved rubbing two brain cells together was a challenge for him. But, he could recruit. That was always a strength for him throughout his career.
Last edited by HJS on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Daz has the number one recruiting class in the Mountain West or whatever the hell conference CSU is in.

He was always a good recruiter. He's a terrible coach.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He was always a good recruiter. He's a terrible coach.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium