ACC Network

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ACC Network

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Just got a promo piece from Verizon, stating that they are now going to offer mix and match programming:
Now you pay for what you want, with no extra fees. No broadcast fees, no sports network fees - no surprises.

I think this will force other cable providers, like Comcast, to do the same. I'm guessing that would mean they will offer the ACC Network at whatever cost, and allow people to buy it or not?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Should be part of my basic cable package.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 am

tomorrow is bc takeover day on acc net

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:43 am

murphy just ran 66 yards to beat USC

i know day is empty laminated resume but how he got that offense to passable is pretty amazing. leading receivers: josh bordner, dan crimmins, & sherm alston
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:59 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:murphy just ran 66 yards to beat USC

i know day is empty laminated resume but how he got that offense to passable is pretty amazing. leading receivers: josh bordner, dan crimmins, & sherm alston

I remember that year as Murphy single-handedly carrying the offense and scoring just enough that it was more than the defense gave up.
of course, I could be misremembering.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:07 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:murphy just ran 66 yards to beat USC

He got that offense passable by not passing. If Day stayed for another year, Jeff Smith would've been a Charlie Ward-like superstar. It is just so frustrating how stupid Daz was. How the eff did he not stick with run-first QB? It would've made cracking the rock so much more effective. It's the freaking system that won him acclaim with Tebow. He never made decision at QB and thus recruited a mish-mosh of ill-fits in a throwshitupagainstthewallandseewhatsticks "strategy".
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 am

correct. 2015 season was a fireable offense. never trust ccsu gym teachers

from usc game, hilliman was never same after he broke his foot the following year.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:30 am

If Daz had just put his best athlete at QB he would still be the coach here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm

So... I've checked in on occasion to some of these games. Even the high watermarks of Don and Jimmy Mac sucked. But now... they are broadcasting a game from when BC BB mattered... ACC Semifinals. So much fun to watch. Such a great team: Rice, Marshall, Cookie, Towlie, Duds. I can't believe how far we have fallen since Skinner.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 pm

I have to say watching The Champs Sports Bowl, I am amazed at how bad we actually were. The running game was a joke, despite having two 1st round NFL OTs. The WRs are as slow as molasses in January and the defense was slow and tissue paper soft against the run with DBs who were vastly inferior to what Daz had on campus a few years ago.

That was one of the funnest seasons I ever had as a BC sports fan and I guess in my mind’s eye, I thought we were better—hazy memories with the fun clouding what we really were. If we had had a Dazzler QB instead of the best QB our school ever produced, this was a 6 win team.

This game has also reminded me why I could not stand LV Whitworth and that Michigan State is a low rent convict factory. While they lack the raw cocksucker douchebaggery of Michigan, they really are completely low rent.
Also, Todd Blackledge and Mike Patrick desperately wanted Michigan State to win. Fuck both of those guys.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:24 pm

Not sure I agree on the Champs Bowl team. I know the ACC was down, and Raji sat out the season, but that team was pretty good. Not as good as we pretend, especially with high school players in the secondary, but that team was good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:34 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I have to say watching The Champs Sports Bowl, I am amazed at how bad we actually were. The running game was a joke, despite having two 1st round NFL OTs. The WRs are as slow as molasses in January and the defense was slow and tissue paper soft against the run with DBs who were vastly inferior to what Daz had on campus a few years ago.

That was one of the funnest seasons I ever had as a BC sports fan and I guess in my mind’s eye, I thought we were better—hazy memories with the fun clouding what we really were. If we had had a Dazzler QB instead of the best QB our school ever produced, this was a 6 win team.

This game has also reminded me why I could not stand LV Whitworth and that Michigan State is a low rent convict factory. While they lack the raw cocksucker douchebaggery of Michigan, they really are completely low rent.
Also, Todd Blackledge and Mike Patrick desperately wanted Michigan State to win. Fuck both of those guys.

The Online, Ryan and Logan were all great. Skill players were eh.

The D was pretty stacked on the front seven. And with Spaz's use of zone the DBs didn't get exposed and Silva was able to cover up a lot of mistakes.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:00 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I have to say watching The Champs Sports Bowl, I am amazed at how bad we actually were. The running game was a joke, despite having two 1st round NFL OTs. The WRs are as slow as molasses in January and the defense was slow and tissue paper soft against the run with DBs who were vastly inferior to what Daz had on campus a few years ago.

The Online, Ryan and Logan were all great. Skill players were eh.

The D was pretty stacked on the front seven. And with Spaz's use of zone the DBs didn't get exposed and Silva was able to cover up a lot of mistakes.

Silva was part of the problem. While he may have had a “nose for the football” as Blackledge and Patrick stared ad infintum on the broadcast, it was jarring to see his lack of athleticism in comparison to Dazoo’s haul of a few years ago. Homer’s last touchdown throw was embarrassing. Silva’s vertical leap on that play was slightly high enough to pull a sheet of paper out from underneath him. And it wasn’t a sneaky pass that slipped by him. He was at his apex when the ball reached him—precisely as one is coached, the problem was his apex was—without any exaggeration—eight feet tops (six inch jump and his arms bent over his head. I am not exaggerating when I say that any legitimate P5 athlete playing the safety position makes that play. God bless Silva because he got everything he could out of the talent he had, but his athleticism was more CAA than ACC.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:49 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

The Online, Ryan and Logan were all great.

The OLine was far from great though it was starting to play pretty well until Poles got hurt at ND. Castanzo (RT) and Tennant (OC) were not physically ready to play; for whatever reason, Cherilus (LT) struggle from the left side; and the other two Ramsey & Hall (OGs) were just not good.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I have to say watching The Champs Sports Bowl

on espnu right now for some reason
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue May 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Such a fun game to attend.

Forgot which msg board, but the Mich St fans that showed up ended up talking sooooooooo much trash. They can still go fuck themselves.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 30, 2020 12:04 pm

clemson bc 2008 on acc net

not an ideal game if i recall correctly
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Los on Sat May 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Crazy to think now, but this would be Clemson's first ACC win vs BC. Up that point we were 3-0 against the Tigers in league play.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 am

bc / ncst 2006 on acc net tonight

:toby special
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:bc / ncst 2006 on acc net tonight

HEY ASSHOLE --

For 6 years I have been posting how Spaz sucks and his defense gets Hail Mary'ed all the fucking time?

Where is my BAMA??

I get tons of posters giving me stats and I say where is these greaseball during the big games...

HAIL FUCKING MARY"ED ALL THE FUCKING TIME!
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:47 am

bc takeover today on acc net

herzlich on now
duke @ bc at 230
bc @ fsu 2006 at 6
bc @ vt 2007 at 9
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby westcoastbernie on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:23 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:bc / ncst 2006 on acc net tonight

HEY ASSHOLE --

For 6 years I have been posting how Spaz sucks and his defense gets Hail Mary'ed all the fucking time?

Where is my BAMA??

I get tons of posters giving me stats and I say where is these greaseball during the big games...

HAIL FUCKING MARY"ED ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

Content
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby Los on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:49 pm

2007 game against Clemson on the Network right now. Other than the VaTech game earlier that year, is there a more exciting, more significant win in the last 25 years?
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Los {l Wrote}:2007 game against Clemson on the Network right now. Other than the VaTech game earlier that year, is there a more exciting, more significant win in the last 25 years?

The Miami St. Pierre Ryan Read knee job to Ed Reed was pretty exciting, and maybe not as significant only because they lost.

I can think of more exciting games against good opponents, the Clemson Dunbar blocked XP in double OT and the USC game come to mind, but neither was as significant as that game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 12, 2021 8:50 am

Phillips told his audiences in Blacksburg and Charlottesville that he believes ESPN/Disney, the conference’s partner in the ACC Network, likely will strike a carriage agreement by September with cable behemoth Xfinity/Comcast.

https://www.si.com/college/bostoncolleg ... st-xfinity
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed May 12, 2021 10:44 am

I have found the ACCN to be surprisingly good. I've occasionally watched SECN and BTN, but I think the content on the ACCN is largely better. They seem to focus more on broadcasting actual games than fluff pieces on the history of each program.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Fri May 14, 2021 4:20 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I have found the ACCN to be surprisingly good. I've occasionally watched SECN and BTN, but I think the content on the ACCN is largely better. They seem to focus more on broadcasting actual games than fluff pieces on the history of each program.

This. You can only watch highlights of the 1999 Rose Bowl so many times on the BTN before it gets old. ACCN will defer to live games, albeit some of the more obscure olympic sports will find their way onto the air sometimes, but I don't necessarily mind it. Packer & Durham are kind of a joke, but they're an alternative in the morning to the tired, recycled arguments and discussions you get on local yahoo sports talk radio or the clickbait-style segments you get on the national morning sports TV circuit. While WEEI spends an hour on whether Rafael Devers had wheat or white toast for breakfast, P&D have had some pretty good post-spring ball coverage and regularly get coaches on like Hafley, Dabo, etc.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 14, 2021 4:42 pm

i bet they would even cover bc baseball... if we still had a team
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Los on Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i bet they would even cover bc baseball... if we still had a team

Maybe back when it was still fashionable to do so.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 14, 2021 9:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I have found the ACCN to be surprisingly good. I've occasionally watched SECN and BTN, but I think the content on the ACCN is largely better. They seem to focus more on broadcasting actual games than fluff pieces on the history of each program.

I agree. Surprisingly, I like Packer and Durham. Far better than any of the stuff on the BTN and SECN—I mean Finebaum is simply unlistenable and the BTN version of Finebaum is similarly stupid. The coverage of actual sports is superior as well, although BTN does pretty well with hockey and wrestling.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium