2020 Offseason

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2020 Offseason

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: 2020 Offseason

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:55 pm

hopefully he stays away from fresno state
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Chris herren in transfer portal

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/statu ... 19202?s=21

Curious but ok
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Chris herren in transfer portal

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/statu ... 19202?s=21

Curious but ok

Hope Albany passes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Not trying to be a dick here, but hasn't his dad made it part of his motivational speeches what a mistake he made leaving (or getting booted from, I forget) BC?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 pm

Open schollie can’t hurt. Unless it’s heavy and they throw it at somebody
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby sparky on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:08 am

Makes sense that Herren's leaving with all of the guards we'll have next year. He probably just wants to go to a place where he can play more.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:27 pm

@GoodmanHoops

BC sophomore Jairus Hamilton is expected to transfer, source told @Stadium
Hamilton averaged 9.5 points and 4.3 boards per game. Was a Top 75 player coming out of high school in North Carolina.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:38 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanHoops

Hamilton averaged 9.5 points and 4.3 boards per game. Was a Top 75 player coming out of high school in North Carolina.

I can't remember what game it was towards the end of the season, but he and JC went at it on the bench pretty good to the point where Jarius got benched for the rest of the game.

He also clearly shouldn't have been playing in the ACCT. He played incredibly well on one leg.

He'll be missed because I think a new coach could've brought out the 4* talent there.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanHoops

I can't remember what game it was towards the end of the season, but he and JC went at it on the bench pretty good to the point where Jarius got benched for the rest of the game.

He also clearly shouldn't have been playing in the ACCT. He played incredibly well on one leg.

He'll be missed because I think a new coach could've brought out the 4* talent there.

This is not surprising at all. Not even factoring in any disagreements he had with the coach, I had a feeling that once his brother was done, he'd be gone.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:12 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanHoops

This is not surprising at all. Not even factoring in any disagreements he had with the coach, I had a feeling that once his brother was done, he'd be gone.

This would certainly be a major dent in the argument to keep JC. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanHoops

Can anyone really make a rationale argument to keep him? He barely squeaked into the NIT with 2 NBA guards.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 pm

This program is trash.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:49 am

For next year:

Guards: Langford, Heath, Tabbs
Wings: Lanford, Williams, Rishwain
Bigs: Mitchell, Felder

"DeMarr is the type of high profile, New England recruit that Boston College has not had in a long time. He is as experienced and battle-tested as anyone in the region, with his play at Brewster and with Mass Rivals. His ability to contribute to winning starts defensively and will be immediately impactful with the way he moves the ball and rebounds."
- Adam Finkelstein, ESPN National Recruiting Analyst

I'm not expecting to get anything out of Luka. On Van der Baan, great long-term guy, but in the ACC as a freshman I don't think you want to count on him.

"I think it shows tremendous foresight to recruit Justin Vander Baan as early and as strongly as Boston College did. You do not find true 7-footer that have good hands, soft shooting touch, and the mobility that he possesses very often. His upside is very high and has a bright future as he develops his natural tools."

They desperately need to hit the 5th year market guys who can rebound. It's a shame Jarius left, with all his faults he would help.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:For next year:

"DeMarr is the type of high profile, New England recruit that Boston College has not had in a long time. He is as experienced and battle-tested as anyone in the region, with his play at Brewster and with Mass Rivals. His ability to contribute to winning starts defensively and will be immediately impactful with the way he moves the ball and rebounds."

I'm not expecting to get anything out of Luka. On Van der Baan, great long-term guy, but in the ACC as a freshman I don't think you want to count on him.

"I think it shows tremendous foresight to recruit Justin Vander Baan as early and as strongly as Boston College did. You do not find true 7-footer that have good hands, soft shooting touch, and the mobility that he possesses very often. His upside is very high and has a bright future as he develops his natural tools."

They desperately need to hit the 5th year market guys who can rebound. It's a shame Jarius left, with all his faults he would help.

we should be able to attract a halfway decent 5th year center
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:01 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

Disagree. Lame duck coach with crappy facilities isn't going to make for a great situation.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:03 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Disagree. Lame duck coach with crappy facilities isn't going to make for a great situation.

Disagree. a 5th year doesn't care if the coach is lame duck and probably comes from somewhere with equally bad facilities

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:55 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanHoops

Hamilton probably got a head's up Jimmy Mac's retention.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanHoops

Hamilton probably got a head's up Jimmy Mac's retention.

Maybe Jairus was reading this board and wanted to transfer because he thought JC was leaving. Maybe he was planning to follow JC!

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 am

final list for grad transfer from sacred heart ej anosike, 16 points / 12 rebounds per game last year. others: ville, georgetown, uga, gonzaga, tenn & wake. may or may not be playing the hat game on friday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Primetime on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:final list for grad transfer from sacred heart ej anosike, 16 points / 12 rebounds per game last year. others: ville, georgetown, uga, gonzaga, tenn & wake. may or may not be playing the hat game on friday

EJ Anosike to Tennessee
Kevin Marfo named his Top 5 and we didn't make it
BC did make Evan Cole of GT's "short list" of 11 schools
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:final list for grad transfer from sacred heart ej anosike, 16 points / 12 rebounds per game last year. others: ville, georgetown, uga, gonzaga, tenn & wake. may or may not be playing the hat game on friday

EJ Anosike to Tennessee
Kevin Marfo named his Top 5 and we didn't make it
BC did make Evan Cole of GT's "short list" of 11 schools

Cole would be an improvement over Luka I suppose.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BConway on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:31 pm

So assuming nobody transfering in and Herren and Hamilton are out our roster breaks down like this

PG: old Langford, Heath
SG: Tabbs, Rish
SF: young Langford, Williams
PF: Mitchell, Felder
C: Luka, Vander Baan

The guards and wings are actually fairly decent if everyone stays and the Langfords can play especially the young one. Losing Hamilton hurts here a lot I think. He can play a few positions, still had some upside and brought good athleticism. He has flaws but we cant be picky with talent.

We need bigs badly. At least one who can bring size and trim protection and another that can score a little bit. Probably a long shot to get both of those for next year.

Starting 5 for next year is interesting. I'd love is somehow the older Langford panned out and could start. If he fulfilled his potential he could be the type of distributor we haven't had in a long time. More than likely he wont though.

Next years lineup

PG Heath
SG Tabbs
SF young Langford
PF Steff
C Felder??

Bench

Rish
Older Langford
Williams
Luka
Vander Baan

My conclusion is an obvious one. We probably wont be good.
Our guards/wings are decent and probably good enough to get us some wins but our bigs are pretty poor. None of them can score at all and only Steff has proven he can play in the ACC. If we had have got one of the gokd grad transfer bigs maybe we could have been respectable. If we get that Cole kid and maybe another live big then maybe we could get to .500? More than likely another 13 -15 wins.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:36 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:So assuming nobody transfering in and Herren and Hamilton are out our roster breaks down like this

The guards and wings are actually fairly decent if everyone stays and the Langfords can play especially the young one. Losing Hamilton hurts here a lot I think. He can play a few positions, still had some upside and brought good athleticism. He has flaws but we cant be picky with talent.

We need bigs badly. At least one who can bring size and trim protection and another that can score a little bit. Probably a long shot to get both of those for next year.

Starting 5 for next year is interesting. I'd love is somehow the older Langford panned out and could start. If he fulfilled his potential he could be the type of distributor we haven't had in a long time. More than likely he wont though.

Next years lineup

PG Heath
SG Tabbs
SF young Langford
PF Steff
C Felder??

Bench

Rish
Older Langford
Williams
Luka
Vander Baan

Our guards/wings are decent and probably good enough to get us some wins but our bigs are pretty poor. None of them can score at all and only Steff has proven he can play in the ACC. If we had have got one of the gokd grad transfer bigs maybe we could have been respectable. If we get that Cole kid and maybe another live big then maybe we could get to .500? More than likely another 13 -15 wins.

Good post. I think the Older Langford will probably start at PG next year. BC might throw out a three guard offense if Tabbs is healthy. The Older Langford is a great defender and pure PG.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:10 am

hopefully MAL has improved his offensive game but last time he played he was the 4th best guard on one of the few non-tournament providence teams of late.

we're in the final 7 for G Rich Kelly from quinnipiac, led team in scoring and assists
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:49 am

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:So assuming nobody transfering in and Herren and Hamilton are out our roster breaks down like this

Next years lineup

PG Heath
SG Tabbs
SF young Langford
PF Steff
C Felder??

Bench

Rish
Older Langford
Williams
Luka
Vander Baan

Good post. I think the Older Langford will probably start at PG next year. BC might throw out a three guard offense if Tabbs is healthy. The Older Langford is a great defender and pure PG.

I hope he starts because hes the kind of creator we need but who goes to the bench? Tabbs starts obviously, Heath looked pretty this year and the young Langford has big time talent. I guess Heath coming off the bench is the best option because he can play both guard spots.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:53 am

BConway {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:

Next years lineup

PG Heath
SG Tabbs
SF young Langford
PF Steff
C Felder??

Bench

Rish
Older Langford
Williams
Luka
Vander Baan

I hope he starts because hes the kind of creator we need but who goes to the bench? Tabbs starts obviously, Heath looked pretty this year and the young Langford has big time talent. I guess Heath coming off the bench is the best option because he can play both guard spots.

Heath is not coming off the bench. He's the 2nd best player on the team

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:26 am

BConway {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:

Next years lineup

PG Heath
SG Tabbs
SF young Langford
PF Steff
C Felder??

Bench

Rish
Older Langford
Williams
Luka
Vander Baan

Heath is not coming off the bench. He's the 2nd best player on the team

I was saying in the scenario that the older Langford starts. Like I said in a previous post, Heath, Tabbs and young Langford are the probable starting guards/wings
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hopefully MAL has improved his offensive game but last time he played he was the 4th best guard on one of the few non-tournament providence teams of late.

we're in the final 7 for G Rich Kelly from quinnipiac, led team in scoring and assists

Rutgers just landed a top 50 big man for 2020
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:03 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:hopefully MAL has improved his offensive game but last time he played he was the 4th best guard on one of the few non-tournament providence teams of late.

Rutgers just landed a top 50 big man for 2020

We just landed Rich Kelly! Very surprised. We got tons of decent guards. To bad we cant package them in a trade for a big
BConway
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum