Game 30 - Cuse

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:41 am

For those of you that haven't quit on the season this game is going to go very poorly.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eagle33 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:44 pm

jc should think about giving a student manager some playing time tonight.

https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1234831995106185224
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:21 pm

The only thing keeping BC in this game is Cuse also being quite poor
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:57 pm

ACC officiating is something else.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:51 pm

what a wasted past 365 days
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Should’ve been fired after the Pitt game.

Anyone who says this team will be good with the incoming players hasn’t watched the last 6 years
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:16 pm

How do you hit 19 3-pointers and lose by double-digits?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 pm

I will ignore the terrible performance and instead shit on the athletic department and school instead. Attending tonight's game was probably one of the more embarrassing BC events I've ever been to. Cuse always brings a lot of fans, but because BC always insists on having spring break during the first week of March, there were no students or pep band. It was about 3:1 Cuse fans, if not 4:1 or greater. Why in the actual fuck does the athletic department still insist on charging $1000 per maroon seat when barely anybody cares? For the love of god, get rid of donor based seating. How many fucking times do we need to say it? And push spring break back one week. It may seem minor and somewhat pointless, but it is a simple thing to do and would have made tonight less embarrassing. Every year, the last home game is either a morgue or in tonight's case, Carrier Dome East.

I know Leahy doesn't care about sports ball, but for fuck's sake, BC was a fucking embarrassment on national TV and they need to pay attention and make changes. That includes the coach, just don't fire him only to hire JTIII.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:35 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I will ignore the terrible performance and instead shit on the athletic department and school instead. Attending tonight's game was probably one of the more embarrassing BC events I've ever been to. Cuse always brings a lot of fans, but because BC always insists on having spring break during the first week of March, there were no students or pep band. It was about 3:1 Cuse fans, if not 4:1 or greater. Why in the actual fuck does the athletic department still insist on charging $1000 per maroon seat when barely anybody cares? For the love of god, get rid of donor based seating. How many fucking times do we need to say it? And push spring break back one week. It may seem minor and somewhat pointless, but it is a simple thing to do and would have made tonight less embarrassing. Every year, the last home game is either a morgue or in tonight's case, Carrier Dome East.

I know Leahy doesn't care about sports ball, but for fuck's sake, BC was a fucking embarrassment on national TV and they need to pay attention and make changes. That includes the coach, just don't fire him only to hire JTIII.

Spring break is always the first week in March. That is not going to change. For a long time it worked because the Big east and acc tournaments fell on that week and will in some future years. The better idea is just beg the ACC for road games that week.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I will ignore the terrible performance and instead shit on the athletic department and school instead. Attending tonight's game was probably one of the more embarrassing BC events I've ever been to. Cuse always brings a lot of fans, but because BC always insists on having spring break during the first week of March, there were no students or pep band. It was about 3:1 Cuse fans, if not 4:1 or greater. Why in the actual fuck does the athletic department still insist on charging $1000 per maroon seat when barely anybody cares? For the love of god, get rid of donor based seating. How many fucking times do we need to say it? And push spring break back one week. It may seem minor and somewhat pointless, but it is a simple thing to do and would have made tonight less embarrassing. Every year, the last home game is either a morgue or in tonight's case, Carrier Dome East.

Spring break is always the first week in March. That is not going to change. For a long time it worked because the Big east and acc tournaments fell on that week and will in some future years. The better idea is just beg the ACC for road games that week.

The DBS thing is the bigger point
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:50 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:How do you hit 19 3-pointers and lose by double-digits?

How? When the other team's players are too athletic preventing you from ever getting a decent shot, when you don't have players athletic enough to go to net, and you are forced to take 42 three-point-desperation-shots at the end of the 30 second clock. That's how.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:14 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

How? When the other team's players are too athletic preventing you from ever getting a decent shot, when you don't have players athletic enough to go to net, and you are forced to take 42 three-point-desperation-shots at the end of the 30 second clock. That's how.

I assume you didn't watch the game?

They lost because they committed 18 turnovers and shot 2-10 from the FT line.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Watching BC win the big east tournament from a beach bar in Jamaica was a day.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am

Both Hamiltons were out? This team has had an absurd amount of injuries the last 2 seasons.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Should’ve been fired after the Pitt game.

Anyone who says this team will be good with the incoming players hasn’t watched the last 6 years

Is there anyone who still thinks he should stay?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby sparky on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Should’ve been fired after the Pitt game.

Is there anyone who still thinks he should stay?

I think you can make a weak and uninspired argument that he should stay based on the uptick in number of conference wins, the incoming players, the injuries this year, and the fact that BC probably won't spend what it takes to get a replacement who is much better.

Having said that, I can't imagine a scenario were Jim Christian gets us into the tournament. Not next year, and not in five years. This program is getting to be a drag, and I'm really starting to wonder if going to games is worth it anymore. Why I am in the stands when even the students don't go? Also, I was never a big "we should have never left the Big East" guy, but this ACC Network bullshit sucks. If we're going to be forced to listen to road games on the radio, at least bring back cranky Ted Sarandis.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:50 am

the program is a disgrace, so i never watch.

but its a joke that i live in boston and cant see any bc game on tv
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

I assume you didn't watch the game?

They lost because they committed 18 turnovers and shot 2-10 from the FT line.

I did watch the game.

They shoot 10-for-10 at the charity stripe, they still lose. That is just, math. They committed 18 turnovers because Syracuse forced the turnover because Syracuse had much better athletes. Like I said. Nothing of what you wrote disproves what I wrote.

The only reason why they didn't lose by 30+ points is because they hit just over 40% of their three-point-shots. Good for them. Next time maybe they only hit 19% of their three-point-shots? Once again, math.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am

There’s always a random dude or two “not playing tonight with X/Y/Z.” They’re like the Celtics. It’s wild. On a team where we have ACC talent but extremely weak depth, that is problematic.

In a healthy alternate universe eerily resembling this one, just healthy, gimme a Tabbs/Heath/Jairus/Mitchell/Pop lineup with Jared Hamilton, Thornton, Felder off the pine. That’s fine.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:54 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:There’s always a random dude or two “not playing tonight with X/Y/Z.” They’re like the Celtics. It’s wild. On a team where we have ACC talent but extremely weak depth, that is problematic.

In a healthy alternate universe eerily resembling this one, just healthy, gimme a Tabbs/Heath/Jairus/Mitchell/Pop lineup with Jared Hamilton, Thornton, Felder off the pine. That’s fine.

That team with the current coach is still not good. The effort and overall performance is wildly inconsistent from night-to-night which leads me to blame the coaching staff.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:08 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:There’s always a random dude or two “not playing tonight with X/Y/Z.” They’re like the Celtics. It’s wild. On a team where we have ACC talent but extremely weak depth, that is problematic.

That team with the current coach is still not good. The effort and overall performance is wildly inconsistent from night-to-night which leads me to blame the coaching staff.

That team is at least fifth in this year’s ACC, if not fourth. JC’s teams run hot and cold but I struggle to call him an outright bad tactician, at least defensively. I’ve seen games where his defensive adjustments made the difference. It’s his offensive prowess which is just absolutely poor. That being said, he is a better coach than Steve Donahue by at least a mile. The amount of times I saw Donahue’s offense literally spend 30 seconds passing around the arc with nary a pick being set made me feel actually angry

JC is not the coach we need, no question. His record proves. But I have seen worse in the past 10 years
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:10 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:jc should think about giving a student manager some playing time tonight.

https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1234831995106185224

snacks was named swac player of the week.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:47 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That team is at least fifth in this year’s ACC, if not fourth. JC’s teams run hot and cold but I struggle to call him an outright bad tactician, at least defensively. I’ve seen games where his defensive adjustments made the difference. It’s his offensive prowess which is just absolutely poor. That being said, he is a better coach than Steve Donahue by at least a mile. The amount of times I saw Donahue’s offense literally spend 30 seconds passing around the arc with nary a pick being set made me feel actually angry

JC is not the coach we need, no question. His record proves. But I have seen worse in the past 10 years

Donahue had a lot of the same inconsistency problems.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum