2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.

1. AB was not deadset on leaving when he entered the portal. He was doing it to protect himself.
B. He has gotten interest from P5 schools; MichSt was one of the first to call.

I have no idea why he has not pulled the trigger. My guess is that he wants someone to guarantee him the starting job, which only a very desperate team will do.

he was going to leave if daz came back

if Jurkovec's waiver gets denied i bet ABs back
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Christian mcstravick WR from TX has entered the portal
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:59 am

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:05 am

Bryce Sebastian looks to be back at WR with the new staff
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:57 am

huge article on jurkovec: https://theathletic.com/1599875/

wisely doesn't reveal much about the waiver process
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:28 pm

LOVE THIS STAFF

Part 1

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Part 2

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:02 pm

This seems good and should be better than the online presence of some of the former staff. Nothing excitable from them, just the bland same ol same ol on twitter.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:27 pm

I don't recall the Daz staff having this kind of media availability. Just Daz babbling on about dudes and cracking the rock and making excuses, occasionally you would get a bajakian sound bite. Also Haf opening up the locker room to media during the season.

Refreshing to hear what all the new coaches have to say and seeing the direction the football program is taking with coach meathead out of the way.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:18 pm

When Addazio was just starting he received all sorts of praise for his gimmicks. We could of course wait until Hafley produces any kind of results before we conclude that he's changed everything for the better, but no one ever learns anything.

https://www.espn.com/blog/boston/colleg ... -be-a-dude

"The Eagles were an afterthought on the recruiting trail the past few years, even in their own region," RecruitingNation wrote in the class rankings. "But Steve Addazio has a lit a fire under the program, and he has not coached a single game."

Yet what might stand out most about the recent changes in Chestnut Hill, and what made Addazio laugh, is the mantra that's taken root with the current and future Eagles.

The message boils down to three words: Be a dude.

Just how it's caught on highlights another change in Chestnut Hill: The coaching staff has joined the 21st century.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013 ... story.html

Last summer, Boston College’s football recruiting did not even register a blip on the national scene. There was not one word mentioned by the recruiting services about where BC’s incoming class ranked. It deserved scant recognition because it paled in comparison with the blue-chip classes assembled by the powerhouses.

Now? Since Steve Addazio was hired Dec. 4, 2012, he has presided over a turnaround on the recruiting trail, seizing upon the impact of social media to disseminate his program’s message in a “#BeADude’’ campaign that borrowed from the mantra of defensive coordinator Don Brown and spread like wildfire.

Addazio and his staff found new and inventive ways to use Twitter, Instagram, and Vine to market their program, and recruits bought in and began to fall in line.

https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/the ... -campaign/

At the end of the 2012 season, things did not look good for the Boston College Eagles football program. In addition to finishing the season 2-10, the Eagles’ recruiting class was ranked 87th in the country and last in its conference.

To reverse this trend, new head coach Steve Addazio launched a social media campaign to meet recruits on their turf. And it all started with a hashtag.

https://www.courant.com/sports/hc-xpm-2 ... story.html

Steve Addazio's mind-set walking into the job at Boston College in December was that everything was on the table.

It had to be.

BC, more than anything, needed a jolt. And the always overly enthusiastic Addazio, if anything, is passionate, energetic and, yes, can provide a jolt.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Not sure if funishment is saying Daz was good until he wasn't or that Daz was bad immediately and Hafley might be bad immediately too, or both. Points for subtlety. I either vehemently agree or disagree. Or both.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby CorporalFunishment on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not sure if funishment is saying Daz was good until he wasn't or that Daz was bad immediately and Hafley might be bad immediately too, or both. Points for subtlety. I either vehemently agree or disagree. Or both.

#GetInADude
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
CorporalFunishment
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:01 pm

CorporalFunishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not sure if funishment is saying Daz was good until he wasn't or that Daz was bad immediately and Hafley might be bad immediately too, or both. Points for subtlety. I either vehemently agree or disagree. Or both.

#GetInADude

:cheer :banana :bowdown :laugh :laugh
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:26 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
CorporalFunishment {l Wrote}:

#GetInADude

:cheer :banana :bowdown :laugh :laugh

This adequately sums up the funishment's contributions here, carry on.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:23 am

BC combine day today.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:38 pm

PART 3

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:10 pm

The coaches come across very well in these. I thought Matusz, Dailey, and AAR were particularly good. Everyone young and with great experience, I think it’ll pay off in development that most of these guys have been in the NFL. Applebaum made a great point when he said that you have to be a great coach in the NFL because you’re younger and making less money than the guys you’re teaching so you have to know your shit.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Hearing that there is confidence within Yawkey that Jurkovec will get the waiver.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:50 am

yeah they've been quietly confident since he got on campus, i have no idea why whether it's the ncaa potentially granting everyone a 1 time waiver or it's something that happened at nd (kelly threatened to put him in a scissor lift?)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:22 am

This won’t be in fashion as we wonder where on the Shinskie-Towles-Murphy spectrum Jurkovec falls...

High school accolades aside, Jurkovec sounds to me like a mentally broken player. He seemed to have been psychologically dismantled by the ND coaching staff (maybe to preserve Ian Book’s status as unquestioned starter). He has talked about losing a love for the game about how he wasn’t seeing the field about how he has a lot to learn. I understand folks will say that Kelly has a lot of blame here. That maybe true, but we are the ones to deal with the fall out.

For all of AB’s accuracy limitations, he was a very strong leader (smart, confidant and inspiring) whom his teammates loved. Over anything else, I think Jurkovec’s success here will be linked to whether he can step into that role. As the Spring starts, I will be looking for clues to see if the kid has regained his confidence. If he hasn’t, I hope he doesn’t get the waiver and takes the year to find his passion again.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Is Spencer Bono done?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Is Spencer Bono done?

He’s on the spring roster.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby fs33 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:48 am

Bono had a social media post that he medically retired due to a heart condition.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This won’t be in fashion as we wonder where on the Shinskie-Towles-Murphy spectrum Jurkovec falls...

High school accolades aside, Jurkovec sounds to me like a mentally broken player. He seemed to have been psychologically dismantled by the ND coaching staff (maybe to preserve Ian Book’s status as unquestioned starter). He has talked about losing a love for the game about how he wasn’t seeing the field about how he has a lot to learn. I understand folks will say that Kelly has a lot of blame here. That maybe true, but we are the ones to deal with the fall out.

For all of AB’s accuracy limitations, he was a very strong leader (smart, confidant and inspiring) whom his teammates loved. Over anything else, I think Jurkovec’s success here will be linked to whether he can step into that role. As the Spring starts, I will be looking for clues to see if the kid has regained his confidence. If he hasn’t, I hope he doesn’t get the waiver and takes the year to find his passion again.

Regardless of the waiver, he can only play at BC through the 2022 season. The waiver lets him count his true freshman year at ND as a redshirt year so that he can enjoy three years of eligibility at BC. Without it, he has to take the redshirt this year and only has eligibility in 2021 and 2022.

I imagine the staff will follow your suggestion in that they’ll be careful with his psyche before they push him into the lineup. Having said that, I’m pretty optimistic he’ll be OK that way. The fact that expectations are reasonable will help him.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:13 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This won’t be in fashion as we wonder where on the Shinskie-Towles-Murphy spectrum Jurkovec falls...

This is a weird post.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:29 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:

Regardless of the waiver, he can only play at BC through the 2022 season. The waiver lets him count his true freshman year at ND as a redshirt year so that he can enjoy three years of eligibility at BC. Without it, he has to take the redshirt this year and only has eligibility in 2021 and 2022.

I imagine the staff will follow your suggestion in that they’ll be careful with his psyche before they push him into the lineup. Having said that, I’m pretty optimistic he’ll be OK that way. The fact that expectations are reasonable will help him.

His interview when he mentioned he was getting used to being under center made me a little nervous, about our offense generally and with Jurkovec in particular.
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:54 pm

BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:

His interview when he mentioned he was getting used to being under center made me a little nervous, about our offense generally and with Jurkovec in particular.

Yeah, he Mentioned it was an adjustment getting used to 5 and 7 step drops.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:

Yeah, he Mentioned it was an adjustment getting used to 5 and 7 step drops.

The majority of HS kids rarely if ever take a snap under center these days.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 pm

I wouldn't worry about him getting used to the drop backs. Garrapolo had to learn that in the pros.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium