Game 28 - Clemson

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 28 - Clemson

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 am

Another winnable home game
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Game 28 - Clemson

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:24 pm

getting smoked
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:34 pm

The middle of the game is a weird time to quit
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:40 pm

BC has not defeated Clemson since 2013. Christian decided to put himself back on the hot seat with that effort. Clemson was 19-22 from inside the arc and 70% overall. Would love to know the last time an ACC team did that well shooting.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:07 pm

At minimum they need to fire some assistants at the end of this year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:At minimum they need to fire some assistants at the end of this year.

The assistants are doing all the recruiting which is better than the actual coaching.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:18 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:At minimum they need to fire some assistants at the end of this year.

The assistants are doing all the recruiting which is better than the actual coaching.

The coaching on defense tonight was really bad.

Jarius also got in a disagreement with our fearless leader and was benched
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:36 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Jesus.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I'll take jarius in this debate
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:51 am

we're going to find out in about 3 weeks whether mj has the authority to fire the two highest paid employees at the school in a span of 3 months
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:we're going to find out in about 3 weeks whether mj has the authority to fire the two highest paid employees at the school in a span of 3 months

I’d really only support firing him if there’s a good option behind Door 2. Firing him for Bill Coen or whatever is just moving the deck chairs around the Titantic.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:44 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:we're going to find out in about 3 weeks whether mj has the authority to fire the two highest paid employees at the school in a span of 3 months

I’d really only support firing him if there’s a good option behind Door 2. Firing him for Bill Coen or whatever is just moving the deck chairs around the Titantic.

I'm fine with Marty making the call on a new coach. But between ACCN and the current guy, I've watched 3 or 4 full games this season. There's no indication this team will be worth watching in the near future despite some decent players.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:59 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Aside from Beilein, who are some acceptable Door 2 options for you? I think the Eisley talk is premature given lack of recruiting. I love Woodward, but it would be a huge leap for him too. Dudley talk is silly given he can keep making millions in the NBA and probably have his pick of NBA jobs in the near future.

John Becker? Dutcher (a little old and probably cheating)? Willard (I like and we can outbid Seton Hall, but I could see him being picky). Wojo? David Cox?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:24 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Aside from Beilein, who are some acceptable Door 2 options for you? I think the Eisley talk is premature given lack of recruiting. I love Woodward, but it would be a huge leap for him too. Dudley talk is silly given he can keep making millions in the NBA and probably have his pick of NBA jobs in the near future.

John Becker? Dutcher (a little old and probably cheating)? Willard (I like and we can outbid Seton Hall, but I could see him being picky). Wojo? David Cox?

I agree with eppy and ATL’s response kinda hammers home the problem. Everyone mentioned is better than Jimmy Mac. But, that shouldn’t be the standard we are pursuing. I’m of the opinion that the program is now dead. As a result, I see little harm in waiting to make a move this year vs next. However, making a third straight bad hire permanently ruins the program and cements it as the worst in the ACC. No program is coming back after 15 years of irrelevance.

I think we need to hire a big name or find the next Coach K. Both paths are incredibly hard, and are unlikely to accomplish. Accordingly, I would like to be in the best shape possible when we move forward. If that means waiting a year to get a clear vision on a facility and/or giving us more money for the next staff (by letting the current buyout drop), we should wait. If donations for a facility are contingent upon a change and/or Leahy will pay whatever it takes to hire a massive coach, then we should make a move this year.

What we should not do... is make move now because JC is clearly not the answer and we are confidant in landing a coach who will have us in the NIT at least once over the next 5 years.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I agree with eppy and ATL’s response kinda hammers home the problem. Everyone mentioned is better than Jimmy Mac. But, that shouldn’t be the standard we are pursuing. I’m of the opinion that the program is now dead. As a result, I see little harm in waiting to make a move this year vs next. However, making a third straight bad hire permanently ruins the program and cements it as the worst in the ACC. No program is coming back after 15 years of irrelevance.

I think we need to hire a big name or find the next Coach K. Both paths are incredibly hard, and are unlikely to accomplish. Accordingly, I would like to be in the best shape possible when we move forward. If that means waiting a year to get a clear vision on a facility and/or giving us more money for the next staff (by letting the current buyout drop), we should wait. If donations for a facility are contingent upon a change and/or Leahy will pay whatever it takes to hire a massive coach, then we should make a move this year.

What we should not do... is make move now because JC is clearly not the answer and we are confidant in landing a coach who will have us in the NIT at least once over the next 5 years.

Find the next coach K? Let's just recruit the next Michael Jordan too.

Make a phone call to Beilein, Shaka, even Archie Miller. And for the love of everything holy do not fire JC until you have someone else ready to sign
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Keeping jimmy Mac for another year is disgusting. It’s a joke. Worst acc winning percentage ever right? fully support hiring Becker. 4 straight conference titles.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:23 pm

It's going to be easier to get a hoop coach than a football coach. Football is much harder at BC relative to basketball.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Find the next coach K? Let's just recruit the next Michael Jordan too.

Make a phone call to Beilein, Shaka, even Archie Miller. And for the love of everything holy do not fire JC until you have someone else ready to sign

The above sums it up nicely. I’d be fine with Eisley. As mentioned, I want nothing to do with Dudley.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Dudley stated that he would like to eventually be a college coach. I was surprised when he said it, tbh.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

See above on the Jarius thing.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum