2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Maybe he is covering his bases like AB. Whatever. I want guys that want to be at BC.

Jesus Christ. I want good football players. Guys that want to be at BC should stick to the Patriot League.

I think you’re looking for something in my post that isn’t there. Kobay is a decent WR. Belongs on an ACC field. If he doesn’t want to play for BC anymore, then I don’t want him here. That doesn’t mean I want 11 ISL guys with no other offers suiting up in maroon and gold. Now chill the fuck out.

Nope I read "Holy Cross" inyour post and that's accurate. I want Kobay here and alumni like you the fuck out.

Where is “Holy Cross” in my post? You are an idiot. I want elite players. I just want them to want to be at BC.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:12 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Maybe he is covering his bases like AB. Whatever. I want guys that want to be at BC.

Jesus Christ. I want good football players. Guys that want to be at BC should stick to the Patriot League.

I think you’re looking for something in my post that isn’t there. Kobay is a decent WR. Belongs on an ACC field. If he doesn’t want to play for BC anymore, then I don’t want him here. That doesn’t mean I want 11 ISL guys with no other offers suiting up in maroon and gold. Now chill the fuck out.

Nope I read "Holy Cross" inyour post and that's accurate. I want Kobay here and alumni like you the fuck out.

Where is “Holy Cross” in my post? You are an idiot. I want elite players. I just want them to want to be at BC.

Your post is contradictory. Elite athletes dont want to be at BC. You are a moron, probably nursing.

BCs best athletes are in nursing though.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:16 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:JF has his work cut out for him. The D & QB position are dumsterfires. Grossel is not an ACC QB and AB is only effective when he is able & willing to run. The shitty recruiting really showed on D this year. JF is going to need to bring in at least 4 transfers.

Thank you for saying what I have been saying for years. Addazio was fired for his recruiting (or lack there-of.) These kids may be good kids and they will keep their noses clean and they will graduate. Great. Awesome. They just can't win more than 6 or 7 games in a season. Martin Jarmond does not just want a team of players who stay out of trouble and graduate. He wants a team that can win more than 7 games.

Hafley, sell. We need you to sell. Do what Addazio and Spaz never did, sell. Sell the blue chips (who don't really want to be here) Boston College. The rest should take care of itself but first you must sell. If you can't sell the blue chips, this team will not win and we can't use you.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:247 has predicted tarik will end up here, not surprising

Georgia
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:22 pm

hafley interviewed on acc radio this afternoon, not a ton. wanted someone with experience as oc, cignetti had nfl offers (i assume to go with mccarthy to dallas as qb coach). not sure if he's going to be calling the defense or not
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:44 pm

haffley on acc morning show:

https://www.facebook.com/bostoncollegef ... 316737388/

on the portal:

i know there are people that don't know me and some guys already left, it all gets back to get in. if you don't want be here, don't be here...if a guy enters the portal without knowing me, he doesn't want to be here. so we'll move on and i hope we play some of those guys

:chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eagle1999 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:haffley on acc morning show:

https://www.facebook.com/bostoncollegef ... 316737388/

on the portal:

i know there are people that don't know me and some guys already left, it all gets back to get in. if you don't want be here, don't be here...if a guy enters the portal without knowing me, he doesn't want to be here. so we'll move on and i hope we play some of those guys

:chewbanka

Well now. Count TW off the Hafley bandwagon. Hafley doesn’t seem to want guys that don’t want to be at BC. Hafley must be a moron too.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:47 pm

I want athletes like Kobay White. Hafleys obvious and necessary hindsight ass covering comments notwithstanding, he does too.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:34 am

PWO Cam Reddy in the transfer portal.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:50 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:PWO Cam Reddy in the transfer portal.

and Hunter Long confirmed that he is staying. That would have been a huge loss.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:50 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I want athletes like Kobay White. Hafleys obvious and necessary hindsight ass covering comments notwithstanding, he does too.

I'm with TWB here which is depressing.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:59 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I want athletes like Kobay White. Hafleys obvious and necessary hindsight ass covering comments notwithstanding, he does too.

I'm with TWB here which is depressing.

I agree with teddy and Juan Epstein.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Maybe Kobay is waiting to see what AB decides?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:23 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Never mind, hearing he is leaving.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

With Jurkovec potentially signing here AB won’t stick around
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I was thinking he put his name in the portal just in case, as he did not want to spend a season shagging wobblers from Grosel. The guys on the team think AB is a really good QB.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I was thinking he put his name in the portal just in case, as he did not want to spend a season shagging wobblers from Grosel. The guys on the team think AB is a really good QB.

It’s possible he’s bad because of the offense we ran. Unsure
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Based on Hafley's quote above I get the sense that if you are enter the portal then your BC career is over.
NCAA has stated that coaches are allowed to rescind a scholarship to anyone who enter the portal.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:20 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Based on Hafley's quote above I get the sense that if you are enter the portal then your BC career is over.
NCAA has stated that coaches are allowed to rescind a scholarship to anyone who enter the portal.

Hafleys quote is coach bullshit. He'd love to have Kobay back. If not hes a moron.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Hafleys quote is coach bullshit. He'd love to have Kobay back. If not hes a moron.

How do you take back a guy that basically abandons his team? I just don't understand how that works especially in football.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:27 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

How do you take back a guy that basically abandons his team? I just don't understand how that works especially in football.

Jesus fuck. Hes not abandoning his team, this isn't the 40s. He has to explore his options. Cant stand the stupid football fan attitude that players should be loyal to a school.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Jesus fuck. Hes not abandoning his team, this isn't the 40s. He has to explore his options. Cant stand the stupid football fan attitude that players should be loyal to a school.

It’s still a weird dynamic. I have no problem with him staying (I wish he would) but I think others might.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:54 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

It’s still a weird dynamic. I have no problem with him staying (I wish he would) but I think others might.

I guess. Kind of hope BC can get past the Rudy view of college football. It's why we have 16000 fans in a 44500 seat stadium at halftime of most games. Amateur hour.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:58 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:247 has predicted tarik will end up here, not surprising

Had heard Georgia. Is BC still in the running?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:30 pm

richardson is returning. it's framed as if he's bypassing the draft but i believe was rumored to transfer
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Others might. I am not one of those others. I am with you.

I care about winning much more than I care about loyalty. If we (as fans) think like whalepants, then "we are what we are."
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:18 pm

BC released a vid on twitter re Richardson's return. Glad he's back, his in-game intensity knows no bounds:

https://twitter.com/BCFootball/status/1 ... 3290050561
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:richardson is returning. it's framed as if he's bypassing the draft but i believe was rumored to transfer

Apparently he was projected to be a 3rd or 4th rounder, which is surprising to me.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:06 pm

For some reason, we have to deal with Travis Etienne for another season.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:For some reason, we have to deal with Travis Etienne for another season.

Why on earth is he coming back? He’s better than any RB on the Bucs roster right now
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium