Jamie Newman into Transfer Portal

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Jamie Newman into Transfer Portal

Postby 25GeraldRd on Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:54 pm

As was mentioned about 100x on the BC/Wake broadcast this year, John Lamot's cousin Jamie Newman is now in the transfer portal:

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/BREAKING-Wake-Forest-redshirt-junior-quarterback-Jamie-Newman-to-enter-NCAA-Transfer-Portal--141367951/

Newman passed for 2900 yards this year (26 TD to 11 INT) and ran for 580. He is like what we thought the good version of Anthony Brown would be. Would be a great get for Haf if we can lean on Lamot to lure Newman to the Heights.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Re: Jamie Newman into Transfer Portal

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:11 pm

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:As was mentioned about 100x on the BC/Wake broadcast this year, John Lamot's cousin Jamie Newman is now in the transfer portal:

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/BREAKING-Wake-Forest-redshirt-junior-quarterback-Jamie-Newman-to-enter-NCAA-Transfer-Portal--141367951/

Newman passed for 2900 yards this year (26 TD to 11 INT) and ran for 580. He is like what we thought the good version of Anthony Brown would be. Would be a great get for Haf if we can lean on Lamot to lure Newman to the Heights.

Eh, he looked pretty mediocre against MSU without Surratt. Even the color analyst was saying he should have been pulled for Hartman.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:12 pm

would he bring any of those monster WRs along with him? he was playing basketball against us
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:would he bring any of those monster WRs along with him? he was playing basketball against us

Agree, WR seems to be the biggest transfer portal need at this point especially if we want to be spreading teams out. A great wideout can make a mediocre QB look good. And other than Kobay who we got? Zay is fast but I’m not sold on his hands yet. Beyond that.... yikes
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:42 pm

Pete Thamel is saying Oregon is the early favorite:

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1 ... 13248?s=21
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:43 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:would he bring any of those monster WRs along with him? he was playing basketball against us

Agree, WR seems to be the biggest transfer portal need at this point especially if we want to be spreading teams out. A great wideout can make a mediocre QB look good. And other than Kobay who we got? Zay is fast but I’m not sold on his hands yet. Beyond that.... yikes

Wait, wait the fuck? You could transfer portal Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice in and not solve the passing game issue.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Wait, wait the fuck? You could transfer portal Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice in and not solve the passing game issue.

Even if AB stays? I think if he stays good talented WRs could make him look more than serviceable. He was 60% with just Kobay and 2TEs on the field; just imagine the stats he put up with Irvin, Rice, Kobay, Flowers...

hansen
Gasson Hall

Transfer Portal thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:50 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Every position on D is a bigger concern than WR
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:54 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Even if AB stays? I think if he stays good talented WRs could make him look more than serviceable. He was 60% with just Kobay and 2TEs on the field; just imagine the stats he put up with Irvin, Rice, Kobay, Flowers...

Oh, for fuck sake...enough.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Jesus, no.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Jesus, no.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:07 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You have been soundly dissed for many things, and yet you keep coming back for more abuse on a greater level...I suspect compelling masochistic tendencies.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Jesus, no.

So the consensus is we wanted AB to transfer out?
He's not really good but what if we can't get someone to transfer in? We have like no depth at QB right now.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You have been soundly dissed for many things, and yet you keep coming back for more abuse on a greater level...I suspect compelling masochistic tendencies.

yes

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Transfer Portal thread

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:24 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I have a feeling Hafley is going to make our shitty secondary this year look good with coaching and more experience. I don't think the cupboard is as bare as you think. DL worries me though.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Jesus, no.

So the consensus is we wanted AB to transfer out?
He's not really good but what if we can't get someone to transfer in? We have like no depth at QB right now.

I am probably the biggest anti-AB guy on here, but with a real QB coach and non stupid play calling he is probably fine. If you’re serious about winning games you need to do better than him or Grosel.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I have a feeling Hafley is going to make our shitty secondary this year look good with coaching and more experience. I don't think the cupboard is as bare as you think. DL worries me though.

He can improve the CB play. This group of safeties is the worst in them country, at least a few are graduating.

Move Palmer to LB where he’d actually be a good player
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:40 am

i think one of the young cb's moves over like justin simmons did

i'm good running it back with AB this year, grosel isn't the answer
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:59 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

He can improve the CB play. This group of safeties is the worst in them country, at least a few are graduating.

Move Palmer to LB where he’d actually be a good player

I am hopeful that JH can improve the situation at CB. Between BS, Haynes, Jones, DeBerry and Maitre hopefully we can find 3 decent CBs. I don't what can be done at safety without a transfer. Maybe move BS?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:01 am

AB is far better than Grosel. That wasn't the question. The question was whether AB, if he even came back, should be a deterrent to seeking QB help in the portal because the position is somehow more set than other positions. That's dumb.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:AB is far better than Grosel. That wasn't the question. The question was whether AB if he even came back, should ba deterrent to seeking QB help in the portal because the position is somehow more set than other positions. That's dumb.

To say nothing about whether Brown could finish a season even if he did start it.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:05 am

Furthermore, WR is not an issue whatsoever. No one able to get the ball to them is the problem.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Furthermore, WR is not an issue whatsoever. No one able to get the ball to them is the problem.

I’m not really sure what they have at WR because we didn’t really use them for the last 7 years.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Furthermore, WR is not an issue whatsoever. No one able to get the ball to them is the problem.

I’m not really sure what they have at WR because we didn’t really use them for the last 7 years.

Fair point, but White and Flowers have shown enough with terrible QB play.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:AB is far better than Grosel. That wasn't the question. The question was whether AB, if he even came back, should be a deterrent to seeking QB help in the portal because the position is somehow more set than other positions. That's dumb.

This is correct. AB should not be a deterrent in pursuing a qb in the portal, but as of now assuming health there aren’t any better options
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:AB is far better than Grosel. That wasn't the question. The question was whether AB, if he even came back, should be a deterrent to seeking QB help in the portal because the position is somehow more set than other positions. That's dumb.

This is correct. AB should not be a deterrent in pursuing a qb in the portal, but as of now assuming health there aren’t any better options

Only because Newman is going to a better program.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:27 pm

I agree with Epstein, we really know nothing about the potential of our WR’s given the pathetic offense Daz ran. I think we will see a big difference from this group, especially from CJ Lewis. I expect the QB’s to better as well.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:53 pm

Newman to UGA
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium