Dudley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Dudley

Postby cremins on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:59 am

does it seem to make too much sense for Dudley to retire after this season when the Lakers win the championship.
BC fires Christian after this season, Dudley comes in and takes over BC team. he some serious talent on the squad,
uses social media, and gets the crowd and fans into it. creates a resume for himself to get a head coaching gig in the NBA.
cremins
Carney Hall

Re: Dudley

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:10 pm

What qualifications does Jared Dudley have to coach basketball in the ACC? Playing at BC and in the NBA doesn't count.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cremins on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:15 pm

he is considered one of the smartest players in the nba. he basically has been a coach on the court for the last five seasons. would you rather take a risk and give Dudley a shot to get his first coaching experience or have Christian for another year. the upside with Dudley is high, he is an nba player, he loves BC more than any other coach would, he is great on social media and he is a great salesman and rep for BC. any learning curve he would have would be offset with him hopefully being a good recruiter and getting more people and excitement in the program.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:26 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What qualifications does Jared Dudley have to coach basketball in the ACC? Playing at BC and in the NBA doesn't count.

the same that penny hardaway did when he took over what is now the #11 team in the country? :shrug

he wouldn't be my #1 pick but we can (and have) done a lot worse
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What qualifications does Jared Dudley have to coach basketball in the ACC? Playing at BC and in the NBA doesn't count.

the same that penny hardaway did when he took over what is now the #11 team in the country? :shrug

This. We could do better, but we could and certainly have done a whole hell of a lot worse. The only thing I'd suggest is that they pay up to get a couple of veteran assistants for the staff.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby sparky on Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Dudley's my fave all time BC player, but I'd much rather have a guy with some experience instead of a figurehead coach. Plus, who would these great assistants be?
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:08 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Penny spent a couple of years as the head coach of one of the best AAU programs in the country. Penny's best recruit, Wiseman, and others who were part of his big recruiting class had already played under his coaching. With Penny the big recruiting class was essentially a package deal.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Alec, Who is Howard Eisley?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Lol at Lakers winning title.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:43 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Penny spent a couple of years as the head coach of one of the best AAU programs in the country. Penny's best recruit, Wiseman, and others who were part of his big recruiting class had already played under his coaching. With Penny the big recruiting class was essentially a package deal.

I know way too much inside basketball about that Penny Hardaway mess at Memphis. He won’t be there long, and they are horrifically coached.

Hardaway isn’t a good analogy to Dudley
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:44 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Alec, Who is Howard Eisley?

The above is your winner here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum