Addazio fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio fired

Postby eagle33 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:55 am

eagle33
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm

He accepted the job without ever setting foot in fort collins. that seems like something you'd want to kick the tires on in person.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Reverend Mike wrote:He accepted the job without ever setting foot in fort collins. that seems like something you'd want to kick the tires on in person.

To a guy who would otherwise be picking up hubcaps, having a tire to kick means the case is desmithed.

I like Fort Collins - some good beer, a decent amount of stuff to do, and the Medicine Bows right down the road. But it's definitely not for everyone, and if you are a pizza-lovin ketchup-drowning TALIAN FAMILY WHOS GOING TO LOVE EACH OTHER HARD it might not be your scene.
TontoKowalski
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Reverend Mike wrote:He accepted the job without ever setting foot in fort collins. that seems like something you'd want to kick the tires on in person.

The which way are the mountains comment was great. I also like that when he accepted he was numb and realized he had to tell them he was excited.

It is such a weird fit. Maybe it will work. I would think his agent or family would have advised to take tv money for a year and then make a run at UConn. The guy had five days to turn his world upside down.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Two words: vegan gabagool.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:18 pm

ATLeagle wrote:

The which way are the mountains comment was great. I also like that when he accepted he was numb and realized he had to tell them he was excited.

It is such a weird fit. Maybe it will work. I would think his agent or family would have advised to take tv money for a year and then make a run at UConn. The guy had five days to turn his world upside down.

I get that he’s from Connecticut, but CSU is a much better/easier job.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:03 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:

I get that he’s from Connecticut, but CSU is a much better/easier job.

This. He can get players at CSU. At UCONN he is recruiting against Villanova, James Madison, UNH and Maine, but having to play a D1 schedule. UCONN is a flaming dumpster fire that Urban Meyer himself would have a difficult time reversing. While I think Dazzler is a terrible strategist on the football field, he is pretty damn good at moving his career forward. He won at Temple with Golden Al's players in his first year and then jumped up to the BC job after a pretty bad season (blaming it on Temple's historic weakness, blame that was belied when Rhule took over and won big). He held on at BC for 7 years, surviving the abysmal AD who hired him for a few years, even after anyone who was paying attention could have told you he was a disastrous tactician with a mediocre ceiling. Jumping to CSU makes sense. The MWC is down right now as Boise State ain't the same program it was under Peterson and Fresno's coach just retired. He probably just wants to make it for five years, get Louie some good experience and move him on to a buddy in the P5 (maybe Dan Mullen) and then he can retire and spend his days walking around in Bermuda shorts, black sock, sandals and slathering ketchup on everything.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:12 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote: and then he can retire and spend his days walking around in Bermuda shorts, black sock, sandals and slathering ketchup on everything.

While horrifying, I can easily picture him in this sort of outfit.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:34 am

Daz asked PWO Quin Stott to transfer to CSU. Kid opted to xfer to Merrimack yesterday
In.
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:39 pm

steve (or louie) has a burner:

https://twitter.com/ramscsuhc
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:00 pm

claver2010 wrote:steve (or louie) has a burner:

That burner account is hilarious. They changed the handle (it used to have BC in it). Joined December 2019.
durkcal
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:04 am

durkcal wrote:

That burner account is hilarious. They changed the handle (it used to have BC in it). Joined December 2019.

My gut tells me that it is some fan trolling addazio pretending to be his burner account
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am

2014 Eagle wrote:
durkcal wrote:

My gut tells me that it is some fan trolling addazio pretending to be his burner account

next twitter will roll out gheyviso text
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:56 pm

2014 Eagle wrote:
durkcal wrote:

It's a very, very good gag.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Not a surprise, really, but I noted as I watched the last episode of Decide To Fly today (post Pitt game, from a couple weeks back) Addazio is no where to be seen, not even in the background of game shots.
In.
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Not sure where to put this, but the State of Massachusetts needs to step up its game.

Highest paid state employees
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Something to ponder:
Montiero, Allen, W Ray, Lindstrom, R Smith, J Smith, Harris, Denis, Walker & Torres all played as FR on a 3-9 team. Daz would still be our coach if they had redshirted.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:Something to ponder:
Montiero, Allen, W Ray, Lindstrom, R Smith, J Smith, Harris, Denis, Walker & Torres all played as FR on a 3-9 team. Daz would still be our coach if they had redshirted.

Foresight was never Daz' strong suit.

Also, Ray Smith was just signed to the 49ers practice squad.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Not sure if this was posted on this site already but Louie Addazio was named OL coach at CSU.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium