Addazio fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio fired

Postby eagle33 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:55 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm

He accepted the job without ever setting foot in fort collins. that seems like something you'd want to kick the tires on in person.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:He accepted the job without ever setting foot in fort collins. that seems like something you'd want to kick the tires on in person.

To a guy who would otherwise be picking up hubcaps, having a tire to kick means the case is desmithed.

I like Fort Collins - some good beer, a decent amount of stuff to do, and the Medicine Bows right down the road. But it's definitely not for everyone, and if you are a pizza-lovin ketchup-drowning TALIAN FAMILY WHOS GOING TO LOVE EACH OTHER HARD it might not be your scene.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:He accepted the job without ever setting foot in fort collins. that seems like something you'd want to kick the tires on in person.

The which way are the mountains comment was great. I also like that when he accepted he was numb and realized he had to tell them he was excited.

It is such a weird fit. Maybe it will work. I would think his agent or family would have advised to take tv money for a year and then make a run at UConn. The guy had five days to turn his world upside down.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Two words: vegan gabagool.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:18 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

The which way are the mountains comment was great. I also like that when he accepted he was numb and realized he had to tell them he was excited.

It is such a weird fit. Maybe it will work. I would think his agent or family would have advised to take tv money for a year and then make a run at UConn. The guy had five days to turn his world upside down.

I get that he’s from Connecticut, but CSU is a much better/easier job.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:03 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I get that he’s from Connecticut, but CSU is a much better/easier job.

This. He can get players at CSU. At UCONN he is recruiting against Villanova, James Madison, UNH and Maine, but having to play a D1 schedule. UCONN is a flaming dumpster fire that Urban Meyer himself would have a difficult time reversing. While I think Dazzler is a terrible strategist on the football field, he is pretty damn good at moving his career forward. He won at Temple with Golden Al's players in his first year and then jumped up to the BC job after a pretty bad season (blaming it on Temple's historic weakness, blame that was belied when Rhule took over and won big). He held on at BC for 7 years, surviving the abysmal AD who hired him for a few years, even after anyone who was paying attention could have told you he was a disastrous tactician with a mediocre ceiling. Jumping to CSU makes sense. The MWC is down right now as Boise State ain't the same program it was under Peterson and Fresno's coach just retired. He probably just wants to make it for five years, get Louie some good experience and move him on to a buddy in the P5 (maybe Dan Mullen) and then he can retire and spend his days walking around in Bermuda shorts, black sock, sandals and slathering ketchup on everything.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:12 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: and then he can retire and spend his days walking around in Bermuda shorts, black sock, sandals and slathering ketchup on everything.

While horrifying, I can easily picture him in this sort of outfit.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:34 am

Daz asked PWO Quin Stott to transfer to CSU. Kid opted to xfer to Merrimack yesterday
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:39 pm

steve (or louie) has a burner:

https://twitter.com/ramscsuhc
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:steve (or louie) has a burner:

That burner account is hilarious. They changed the handle (it used to have BC in it). Joined December 2019.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:04 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:

That burner account is hilarious. They changed the handle (it used to have BC in it). Joined December 2019.

My gut tells me that it is some fan trolling addazio pretending to be his burner account
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:

My gut tells me that it is some fan trolling addazio pretending to be his burner account

next twitter will roll out gheyviso text
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:56 pm

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:

It's a very, very good gag.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Not a surprise, really, but I noted as I watched the last episode of Decide To Fly today (post Pitt game, from a couple weeks back) Addazio is no where to be seen, not even in the background of game shots.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Not sure where to put this, but the State of Massachusetts needs to step up its game.

Highest paid state employees
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Something to ponder:
Montiero, Allen, W Ray, Lindstrom, R Smith, J Smith, Harris, Denis, Walker & Torres all played as FR on a 3-9 team. Daz would still be our coach if they had redshirted.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Something to ponder:
Montiero, Allen, W Ray, Lindstrom, R Smith, J Smith, Harris, Denis, Walker & Torres all played as FR on a 3-9 team. Daz would still be our coach if they had redshirted.

Foresight was never Daz' strong suit.

Also, Ray Smith was just signed to the 49ers practice squad.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Not sure if this was posted on this site already but Louie Addazio was named OL coach at CSU.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:54 am

took some nice shots at BC:

https://theathletic.com/1646896/2020/03 ... n-college/

Speaking of those facilities, they’ve got a lot of new stuff there like the stadium. What have you made of it since you’ve seen it and how does it compare even to Boston College?

Well, the stadium and the facilities inside are better. It’s fantastic. Putting this together, the foresight is really unbelievable. I think these are Power 5 facilities. A great opportunity to recruit, to use your facilities to help train and develop your players.

How do you look back at your time at BC and what you accomplished there?

Well, we went to six bowls in seven years after inheriting a program that won two or three games and we went to a bowl game immediately. Stayed down that bowl game path … I thought we were considered one of the toughest, most physical teams in the conference. We had respect there. We were going to bowl games every year. Now, we’re playing on the tougher side of the ACC when the ACC was at its strongest — three national champions in six years. So that’s the level of competition that we played against. We did that with the lowest levels of everything that you can have, meaning the lowest facilities, the least financing, toughest admissions. We rebuilt the program, went to bowl games, competed at a high level. A couple of those years, lost our starting quarterback in the process but still won seven games.

So I’m proud of that. It was a program with no issues off the field, high GPAs, high character, left behind five all-ACC players returning. Put seven players the year before in the NFL. That’s a lot. So I’d say the recruiting was done well. I’d say the character of the team was high, and I’d say we’re going to bowl games, winning and representing the values of the university. So I’m proud of that.

Some former BC players tweeted some negative things after the coaching change, and then others came out to defend you. What did you make of all that?

You know, you’re dealing with 100-something guys a year. It’s hard to determine what everybody’s agenda is. I don’t want to get into it with social media or people have something on their mind and, instead of having a face-to-face conversation, it goes on the internet. All I can tell you is this: Every place I’ve been as an assistant and as a head coach, we’ve had fabulous relationships and a great culture. Whether it’s BC, Florida, Temple, wherever, long-lasting relationships with players and coaches. It’s hard to have a career as long as I’ve been in it and that not be the case. I’ve always been a players’ coach, a guy that did everything I could for the team. …

I took a program over, my first year — if you think I’m going to get into the details, I’m not. Just realize there’s always more behind the story. I’m not going to go all tit for tat. I have all the information. But I like to think I’m the adult here and I’m not going to get into all that garbage and start revealing truths. It’s just not worth it. You just move on and put your head on the pillow and say, ‘I did everything I could for that young man.’ You just can’t make everybody happy. I don’t think you ever will. You’ve got a job to do.

Coming into Colorado State now, what do you take from what worked at BC and what might you do differently?

It’s just a different job. If you’re talking about working hard on developing fundamentals, developing toughness, going out recruiting within Colorado and then extending and trying to bring in qualified student-athletes, that’s all the same, right? That’s what I believe in. I’ve always believed in toughness, fundamentals, culture and high character. Then I hired a staff that believes in that and represents that, so those are the same. I thought our teams were really well conditioned and really strong, so our strength-and-conditioning philosophy is the same.

Chuck Heater’s my defensive coordinator. We’ve been together before. Chuck is going to bring in a scheme that has been great for him that I believe in. Offensively, Joey Lynch is our coordinator. I’m an offensive guy, spend a lot of time in that room. Joey did a fabulous job at Ball State and our philosophies are very similar. On offense and defense, we’re going to make sure we utilize what we do best — Where are our best players? Where can they make the biggest plays? — and feature those players. When I was at BC, in my seven years, the toughness aspect never changed. But Year 1, we were a power offense. Year 2, we were a spread option offense. Year 3, we were a tempo offense. We tried to adapt to what our players were. Within the structure of discipline and toughness and fundamentals, I think you shape your schematics to fit the talent level of your team. These are just some philosophical things that are not going to change.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:55 am

I'm sincerely surprised he didn't blame fan support.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:16 pm

most coaches would take the high road and say they only want to talk about their current team, but not this ahole. he only got the csu job because of his buddy urban and the hiring has been universally panned.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:08 pm

Taking shots at BC is super lame, especially when they built you a ~$50M football facility.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:45 pm

I read that Addazio transcript a couple times. I don't think he said anything bad about BC. He tooted his own horn, said great things about Colorado State, and said great things about himself, but I don't think he denigrated BC. In fact, he said very flattering things about the academic achievements of the players at BC.

I'm glad he's gone. I would have fired him years earlier. He's gone now so it doesn't matter. And I don't see him bad mouthing BC. I've moved on and I think Addazio has as well.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Yeah that didn't seem like much.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:23 pm

It's not that bad, but I think it's interesting that he says CSU has better facilities.

Their stadium is smaller (their main facilities web page says that capacity is 41,200, but the link to the stadium lists it as having a capacity of 36,500 (maybe standing room in the beer garden accounts for the difference?), the weight room is only 800 sq. ft. bigger than at BC, and their indoor practice facility is smaller (and looks vastly inferior).

He's just a grouchy guy - nbd... but also made it easier to can him. Christian is helped by being liked within the athletic department.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:41 pm

#KeepRammin is almost too perfect
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:56 pm

Interesting to see Brando shitting on BC... https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1234550373790208006
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Is he still with Raycom/ACC? If so, it’s bizarre.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:09 pm

Tim Brando is still alive? The iron must have been unkind.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium